Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 NE v. NY 'Didn't they just play eachother?' GD Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

That opening paragraph was summarizing the point you were making, not expressing an opinion:

Strange, considering it wasn't the point I was making. You brought all that stuff up (winning in January, 10+ yard passes being automatic loss of downs), not me.

You created an entire argument in your head and posted it as a "summary" of what I was saying.

Laughing

It was a combination of both. I said Point A regarding the need to have big play potential, you said Point B regarding Brady's struggles throwing it. No argument created in my head. Laughing In fact the only manufactured argument in this discussion would be your insinuation that I feel our offense is better without TB. Laughing Laughing
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

That opening paragraph was summarizing the point you were making, not expressing an opinion:

Strange, considering it wasn't the point I was making. You brought all that stuff up (winning in January, 10+ yard passes being automatic loss of downs), not me.

You created an entire argument in your head and posted it as a "summary" of what I was saying.

Laughing

It was a combination of both. I said Point A regarding the need to have big play potential, you said Point B regarding Brady's struggles throwing it. No argument created in my head. Laughing In fact the only manufactured argument in this discussion would be your insinuation that I feel our offense is better without TB. Laughing Laughing

I don't need to insinuate anything when you suggest it

Quote:

One solution is to stop callin those plays, but some times, you have to. Another solution would be a QB who can make all of TBs short throws as well as the deep ones.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

You do need to insinuate it and clearly did so here:
Quote:
then why wouldn't you be advocating for Brady to be replaced? It makes no sense to me. If you truly believe Brady's 10+ yard passes are close to being automatic loss of downs and that the team needs a deep ball game to win in the playoffs, then you are - by definition - saying that the team will not be able to win in the playoffs with him

You are saying my points lead to that conclusion, which if we are in extreme absolutes ( Laughing ), I suppose it does, but I am not speaking seeing it that way. Brady brings far more to the team. We do NEED to be able to make big plays, and he CAN. Not as reliable as I would prefer, though.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

You do need to insinuate it and clearly did so here:
Quote:
then why wouldn't you be advocating for Brady to be replaced? It makes no sense to me. If you truly believe Brady's 10+ yard passes are close to being automatic loss of downs and that the team needs a deep ball game to win in the playoffs, then you are - by definition - saying that the team will not be able to win in the playoffs with him

You are saying my points lead to that conclusion, which if we are in extreme absolutes ( Laughing ), I suppose it does, but I am not speaking seeing it that way. Brady brings far more to the team. We do NEED to be able to make big plays, and he CAN. Not as reliable as I would prefer, though.

You realize my post where I am "insinuating" it is AFTER your post? You - not I - interjected replacing Brady in our back and forth. I didn't need to insinuate anything because you already brought it up.

You said the Pats needed the deep ball to win in January

You said the Brady cannot complete 10+ yard passes

You said one solution would be to find a QB who could hit the passes Brady cannot

You said you did not want Brady replaced

This was confusing based on your earlier statement because why would you want to stick with a QB that cannot do something that you stated was needed to win in the playoffs?

I asked you how that could be the case. If it is necessary to hit 10+ yard passes to win in a Super Bowl, and Brady cannot, then why wouldn't you want Brady replaced? Sounds like you are OK not winning a Super Bowl?

You called my question retarded and that I was insinuating that you wanted Brady replaced, yet you were the one who first brought that up.

You can't have it both ways. Either the Pats can win with Brady's lack of deep ball in the playoffs or the Pats should be replacing Brady. Any other argument is suggesting that the Pats should stick with a guy who can't get it done in January/February.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pats can win with Brady in the playoffs because Brady CAN hit those passes. He just isnt hitting them right now. Crying or Very sad
mission27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton wrote:
mission27 wrote:
Yeah he's playing poorly but what makes you think 'waking up' is the solution? He doesn't have his deep ball right now. He may never have his deep ball again. Peyton Manning doesn't have a deep ball and he's doing fine.

It's asinine to compare Brady's current deep ball to Manning's. There is nothing wrong with Manning's deep ball.

Dalton
, I hope you watched this game.

There is something wrong with Manning's deep ball (it sucks) and he's still hanging with the Colts and Brady really has no excuse because he, unlike Manning, can actually get velocity behind his throws. You don't need to be Ryan Mallet. Just need to make some good decision.

thelawoffices wrote:
I mean my dog died, then her mice died, then her grandma died, then my granpa died.

#JDI
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
Dalton wrote:
mission27 wrote:
Yeah he's playing poorly but what makes you think 'waking up' is the solution? He doesn't have his deep ball right now. He may never have his deep ball again. Peyton Manning doesn't have a deep ball and he's doing fine.

It's asinine to compare Brady's current deep ball to Manning's. There is nothing wrong with Manning's deep ball.

Dalton

There is something wrong with Manning's deep ball (it sucks) and he's still hanging with the Colts and Brady really has no excuse because he, unlike Manning, can actually get velocity behind his throws. You don't need to be Ryan Mallet. Just need to make some good decision.

Having the best receiving corps in the league that is constantly making tough catches and bailing out bad throws helps a lot too.

Last edited by Pats#1 on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
Dalton wrote:
mission27 wrote:

Dalton

McDaniels did a great job w/ the WRs. Thomas is special talent and Decker is very solid.
mission27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos have great weapons but Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, KT, and Vereen is really not bad. No reason Brady can't work with that group. He just has to realize he's not working with Manning's weapons and they aren't going to bail him out as often.

thelawoffices wrote:
I mean my dog died, then her mice died, then her grandma died, then my granpa died.

#JDI
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
Broncos have great weapons but Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, KT, and Vereen is really not bad.

What are the chances of these guys actually ever being healthy and productive at the same time?
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
Broncos have great weapons but Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, KT, and Vereen is really not bad. No reason Brady can't work with that group. He just has to realize he's not working with Manning's weapons and they aren't going to bail him out as often.

Mannings receiving core as a whole is in another league of Bradys.

Not only are they as a whole better, but they are actually all healthy and consistent. Neither can be said for Bradys receivers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
mission27 wrote:
Broncos have great weapons but Gronk, Amendola, Edelman, Dobson, KT, and Vereen is really not bad.

What are the chances of these guys actually ever being healthy and productive at the same time?
Hopefully after our bye week. Laughing
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
mission27 wrote:

Hopefully after our bye week. Laughing

I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully they will get some guys healthy and use their bye to work out some kinks in their offense.

Need to beat Miami and Pittsburgh first though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
mission27 wrote:

What are the chances NBT is posting sober?

thelawoffices wrote:

#JDI
Pats#1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
mission27 wrote:

What are the chances NBT is posting sober?

About the same as the chances Peytons forehead is shrinking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 54 of 56

Jump to: