Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Good Day(mostly) to be us!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Good Day(mostly) to be us! Reply with quote

I realized a few awesome things today.

1. We get Dial, Tank, Wright, and Mario back at practice this week! All 4 should be back on the team after the bye too! Also Crabtree will probably be back by this time in the next month/month and a half.

2. 2 more KC wins and we get 2 2nd rounders. Since KC started 6-0 it would take an epic collapse for that to happen.

3. We officially won out on letting Goldson walk for the money to Tampa Bay. First we got Eric Reid who is like Goldson but is also a better tackler. Secondly we get a likely 3rd round Comp Pick because of his deal. Lastly the Bucs are such an epic disaster right now that their opening day QB is no longer on the team and Schiano is close to losing the locker room if he hasn't already.

4. Seattle looks vulnerable now. And I hope this continues all the way to week 14 where I fully expect the 49ers to return the favor from week 2. I mean they were the first team to let Jacksonville score double digits on them, barely escaped Houston(send your thank yous to Matt Schaub Seahawks fans), lost to the Colts, and had all they could handle from Tennessee.

5. Of the remaining 10 games for the 49ers the schedule looks so much easier now after rough starts for some expected tough games(Carolina, Atlanta, Washington, Tampa, St. Louis who were all expected to be beasts have combined for 6 wins) plus the expected inept team(Jacksonville in what will be a "9th" home game). Now Atlanta might be more dangerous that time of year as they will either be trying to claw back or play spoiler. But I highly doubt the 49ers don't play up that game as it is the last regular season game at Candlestick. After week 2 a lot of us thought 10 wins was the most realistic prediction but 13 is looking just as realistic all things 49ers and teams on the schedule considered.

6. If this is how we are playing with the numerous amount of injuries just imagine how the team plays if 2014 is a healthy season?

The Bad.
1. Another Stadium worker fatality- Such a damper on an otherwise good week RIP to the worker.

2. Aldon probably won't play again this season. I am not sure of California gun laws but reading what I read he might not get jail time for the infraction since it is his first offense. But I will be shocked if the NFL doesn't suspend him for at least the remainder of the 2013 season.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a Pro or a Con ... Looney and James are still on the team as the last guys from the 2012 draft class.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post. Lots of things to be excited about. I think we'll be 6-2 at the bye and the only games I can realistically see us losing are against the Saints, Seahawks and Falcons. Other than that I think we can hang with every team left on our schedule.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Good post. Lots of things to be excited about. I think we'll be 6-2 at the bye and the only games I can realistically see us losing are against the Saints, Seahawks and Falcons. Other than that I think we can hang with every team left on our schedule.

I have those 3 games as could go either way.

Saints because it will be at New Orleans. I think the early part of the Saints schedule wasn't soft but wasn't so hard that the game is a lock for a loss.

Seahawks because they are physical but I feel like we will be at full strength and both teams seem to defend home historically.

Falcons I think will be a win mostly due to Julio Jones being lost for the year and it being the last game at Candlestick. But Atlanta is so talented you can't just call it a lock.

NinerNation21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

6-2 at the bye, 7-2 after the bye. The Saints, Seahawks, and Cardinals games are the scariest to me. The Redskins and Falcons games are winnable games. Both are underwhelming disappointing teams. I see no possible way we lose the Falcons game. Prime time Monday night football game (niners are ALWAYS tough in prime time games), underwhelming team, and most importantly the last regular season game in Candlestick park. That place is going to be rocking and the niners will be so juiced from the emotion.

I think 11-5 is really doable and 12-4 as a chance if things go right.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Is this a Pro or a Con ... Looney and James are still on the team as the last guys from the 2012 draft class.

Oddly enough I could see Looney as the last man standing. With all the talent we have at RB we won't be able to keep all of them. Eventually Gore will be a cap casualty or retire as the best runningback to ever play for the 49ers. If Lattimore returns to the pre-injury form he is the most likely to be the heir apparent and we risk losing one of Hunter/James/Dixon. I'd consider the team being more willing to part with LaMike if it is up to them.

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

6-2 at the bye, 7-2 after the bye. The Saints, Seahawks, and Cardinals games are the scariest to me. The Redskins and Falcons games are winnable games. Both are underwhelming disappointing teams. I see no possible way we lose the Falcons game. Prime time Monday night football game (niners are ALWAYS tough in prime time games), underwhelming team, and most importantly the last regular season game in Candlestick park. That place is going to be rocking and the niners will be so juiced from the emotion.

I think 11-5 is really doable and 12-4 as a chance if things go right.

I feel like the importance of Sea @ SF week 14 will be so huge that the game will be Flexed into SNF.

DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait nvm, the week 14 rematch is protected as the Fox National Game of the Week.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like D.J. got him a lil somethin' somethin' recently and is riding the happy train. Good for you. Yes indeed, things are looking far brighter than the 1-2 slop-fest record of the recent past. 4 of the next 5 games are on the road, so let's not fully embrace the unicorns and rainbows just yet... but yeah... much better for the 49ers and fans today than where we were.. and getting some players back should be helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest plus coming out of the last two weeks is that we might have found our identity somewhat. For the first few games it was hard to tell what kind of a team we wanted to be. Last two games we looked like the best of the past two years.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

Saints because it will be at New Orleans. I think the early part of the Saints schedule wasn't soft but wasn't so hard that the game is a lock for a loss.

Seahawks because they are physical but I feel like we will be at full strength and both teams seem to defend home historically.

Falcons I think will be a win mostly due to Julio Jones being lost for the year and it being the last game at Candlestick. But Atlanta is so talented you can't just call it a lock.

the panthers are going to give us hell
they are super inconsistent but if there on, they could beat us handily
that d is very underrated. and the front 7 is one of the best in the league. we will struggle to run the ball and it will be on kap to win it.... or lose it for us

new sig... sorry alex
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

I liked our chances against NO before the season started but with no Aldon, that game will be trouble. I believe we'll beat Seattle and ATL. Car is a dark horse to beat us but I think our def will be able to win that game for us. I think anything from 12-4 or 13-3 is realistic but let's get past TEN first.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Sounds like D.J. got him a lil somethin' somethin' recently and is riding the happy train. Good for you. Yes indeed, things are looking far brighter than the 1-2 slop-fest record of the recent past. 4 of the next 5 games are on the road, so let's not fully embrace the unicorns and rainbows just yet... but yeah... much better for the 49ers and fans today than where we were.. and getting some players back should be helpful.

One of those 4 is a neutral site game against Jacksonville who can't even sell out their home arena. I think it will feel like a pro-49ers crowd on Week 8.

757-NINER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:

the panthers are going to give us hell
they are super inconsistent but if there on, they could beat us handily
that d is very underrated. and the front 7 is one of the best in the league. we will struggle to run the ball and it will be on kap to win it.... or lose it for us

People shouldn't overlook the Titans defense also.Very stout D-Line and some underated young LBs. Sunday will be another tough one for the O-Line so they need to come prepared for a fight. Only thing that helps is that Fitzmagic makes Carson Palmer look like Tom Brady.
miner49er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the rematch with the [MOD EDIT], I just got my tickets! I got no problems driving 24 hours to see us smash their faces in!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338

Quote:
1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

-SoCal

Thank You to GridironGreat09 for the sweet sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: