Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prepare Yourself... For the Almighty Bolties!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Prepare Yourself... For the Almighty Bolties! Reply with quote

"Check..."

"Check..."

"Is this thing on?"

"Cue the triumphant, dramatic music! Here this should do..."

The Something-Somethingth Annual Bolties are upon us!

No. Not that Bolty. This one:

In short, Boltstrikes the Benevolent and I deemed that we may be small of number, but darn it if we aren't strong of character (and yes, quite a few of us might also be characters, right Mr. Wolf?).

Right!

And thusly (yes, I'm using fancy Olde Englishy words like "thusly"), we hath decreed that when the Week of Bye cometh on Week of Eight, there be a ceremony held and fancy awards served... and yes, possibly punch and pie.

We're still kicking around formal names and descriptions for the awards, so feel free to toss out suggestions.

JH21, being that I'm a lazy beast and you are young and we've well established I have no qualms with exploiting child labor, I'll be imposing on you for sigs for our winners. Feel free to download the PNG above, or let me know and I'll email/PM you a copy. Would be nice to get that trophy worked into them.

A few ideas we've been tossing around:

Junior Seau Chargers Forum Hall of Fame (Induction) - Self explanitory. There are a number of members who have been here for quite a long haul, some of whom even got conned into moderating this joint before BS and I. Time to start honoring the Old Farts... err... Old Guard.

Eric Weddle Most Valuable Poster Award - Rolled with the naming purely off of who was truly last season's MVP for the team.

The Not-AJ-Smith Award - To the biggest/best/most dedicated Draftnik in the sub-forum community. Can include involvement and contributions from FFMD's as well as the actual NFL/Chargers draft.

Kendall Reyes Rookie of the Year Award - Again, flexible on the name, could be the Melvin Ingram, though I'd venture Reyes had a bigger rookie season. In order to qualify, individual must have not begun posting in the Chargers sub-forum before the commencement of the 2012 Chargers season (last year's).

Other ideas we're kicking around:
San Diego Chicken Award - Funniest Poster; I'd thought about naming it the Rivers Face Award, but wasn't sure.
The Ryan Leaf Award - Mr. Gloom and Doom; open to another name for this, Rivers Pout-Face Award if Rivers Face doesn't get used for the Funniest Poster. I figured the "LT on the Bench Award" was just horribly wrong to use.
The Don Coryell Award - Awarded to the Most Underrated Poster and named in honor of our most criminally-underrated HOF-worthy former HC.
The Darren Sproles Award - I would anticipate this award name to change annually, named after "The One that Got Away" and awarded to the Member Everyone Wishes Would Post in the Forum More.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Clary award for poster who somehow stays relevant even though he ain't good.

I nominated LBC and Drew.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Zappaz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking if we come up with 3-4 more awards that everyone here can get one!

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm relevant?

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the old fart?

If so, that might be the most distinguished award I'll ever get.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepare Yourself... For the Almighty Bolties! Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
The Not-AJ-Smith Award - To the biggest/best/most dedicated Draftnik in the sub-forum community. Can include involvement and contributions from FFMD's as well as the actual NFL/Chargers draft.

Thanks for making an award for me LBC.... Wink Laughing

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
Am I the old fart?

My guess is that it's between you, BS, and me for the old man of the group. The rest of these guys are still learning how to shave.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about an award for someone who is a King of Statistics?

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Shumway

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Darren Bennett Award - For the most Australian poster on the board.
Neutral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Prepare Yourself... For the Almighty Bolties! Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JH21, being that I'm a lazy beast and you are young and we've well established I have no qualms with exploiting child labor, I'll be imposing on you for sigs for our winners.

That seems fair. If he gives you trouble, you can pull the FFMD card Wink

The LBC wrote:
The Ryan Leaf Award - Mr. Gloom and Doom; open to another name for this, Rivers Pout-Face Award if Rivers Face doesn't get used for the Funniest Poster. I figured the "LT on the Bench Award" was just horribly wrong to use

"LT on the Bench Award" was wrong... but you want to give a Chargers fan a Ryan Leaf award?! I can't think of a case where anyone should be saddled with an award based on that guy.

If you're looking to give out more awards, I'd propose the Clarence Shelmon Award. It's named in honor of one of Chargers football's greatest mysteries. He survived the Marty firing and even the release of LT, and hung around for five years as the offensive coordinator despite nobody having any idea what he actually did. It might be a little double-edged, but the intention was for someone who rarely posts (including other sub-forums) but has persevered for years on this sub-forum.
Neutral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
How about the Clary award for poster who somehow stays relevant even though he ain't good.

I nominated LBC and Drew.

The Larry English Award would be more appropriate for LBC.

JammerHammer21 wrote:
What about an award for someone who is a King of Statistics?

Yeah, I saw some Chargers posters with high post counts but don't post in here. Was there some big falling out a while ago that caused people to leave?[/quote]
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
charger-man wrote:
Am I the old fart?

My guess is that it's between you, BS, and me for the old man of the group. The rest of these guys are still learning how to shave.

Nonsense, I'm just hitting my prime. We tried to keep it positive and not give the Dan Fouts drivel award or the Biggest Buster award.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a Big Jamal Award for the poster that does all the dirty work to let our flashier posters shine.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shumway wrote:
The Darren Bennett Award - For the most Australian poster on the board.

Except that we don't have V-Mart (Canadian) anymore, I'd thought about a Foreign Legion Award; just can't think of who to name it after. Bennett seems like the only choice... I just wish that Rolf Benirschke was from somewhere more exotic than Boston, because "The Benirschke" sounds more exotic than "The Bennett".

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm when we going to hand these out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: