Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: 49ers (4-2) at Titans (3-3), Locker Starting!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins.
Titans, Because I'm Optimistic To A Fault.
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
49ers, LeSigh.
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
Tie, I'm Not Sure What To Say About This Option.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It's Just A Game In The End We All Still Have Lives To Live So Live It To The Fullest XD
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Let Me Wait Until The End Of The Game Then I'll Vote For The Winner. This Poll Option Is Kind Of Heavy Handed.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

Titanium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
Titanium wrote:
Quote:
‏@hutton1045 1h
Pollard on upcoming Bye: Guys need to reevaluate themselves. If you don't want to be here...get out of our way.

Hmmm....

message for number 18?

Maybe, hard to know, it's an interesting quote.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care about the 49er fans or the refs. What i want to know is what im about to say a Locker an everyone else problem or the way Loggains calls a game problem. Why is every game we start out in except the Jets so so and so bad on offense? It needs to be fixed because today it came back to bite us in the butt. We need more starts like we did vs the Jets not just the pick but come out and have more productive drives to start a game and all the way threw the 1st quarter

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 10 Tackles 6 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 10 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
Titanium wrote:
Quote:
‏@hutton1045 1h
Pollard on upcoming Bye: Guys need to reevaluate themselves. If you don't want to be here...get out of our way.

Hmmm....

message for number 18?

Maybe, hard to know, it's an interesting quote.

I say him because other than being the only player with controversy when he took the penalty tonight i seen defensive players talking to him and i thought i heard him say "Get the bleep out of my face"

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Shaun Phillips: 10 Tackles 6 Assist 1 Sack

Ropati Pitoitua: 10 Tackles 7 Assist 2 Sack
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:
So you guys hold moral victories higher in ranking then actual wins huh?
What does this even mean? I seriously have no idea where this even came from.

Read through this thread, there's plenty of disappointment in the loss. But we're not going to sit here and dwell on every negative thing that happened. Those things speak for themselves.

It comes from the Niner GD thread earlier in the week. There was an overwhelming sentiment from the Titan fans in there that the Titans were better then the Niners with Jake Locker and some of us were said to have "never watched a Titans game this season" because we didn't believe the Titans had a chance to win let alone it not be somewhat lopsided. I predicted it to be 31-3 and was close til the end there, but I was the crazy one for thinking that way.

Your defense plays physical, but as I stated before the Titans wins were against mediocre teams and there losses came against teams who were really good defensively and really good running the ball.

Just my opinion and it won't be popular, but the Titans are a little overrated.
Titans are a little overrated by Titans fans? Sure. But it's not as though this is a team that is getting a lot of respect nationwide. Bottom half in almost all of the power rankings.

The 49ers were a better team today. Definitely a better team. But yes, you were crazy to think that way. Absolutely insane really. I forget what the score was when San Francisco went in to Seattle this year. Seahawks won by like 30 right? We just lost to them by seven with our backup quarterback. The 49ers have beaten one team with a record over .500. By four points. At home. That was unquestionably overconfidence. Just as plenty of Titans fans displayed overconfidence I'm sure (never went to the SF forum this week).

But yes, when you're playing a good team and everything goes wrong, of course the score will get lopsided. Would've loved to see a game where the refs didn't go out of their way to get involved as well as a game with a semi-competent kick returner.

Titans fans, like every fanbase (apparently including the 49ers), overrate their team. And yeah, your prediction was probably no closer than most Titans fans predictions. Game ended up at 14, and we can talk about the Titans garbage time touchdowns, but it's not as though the 49ers weren't gifted a pair as well. Final score was pretty indicative of where the two teams stand at the moment I think. Hopefully as Jake gets near 100%, that gap will close a bit.

And God I hate running quarterbacks.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:

Read through this thread, there's plenty of disappointment in the loss. But we're not going to sit here and dwell on every negative thing that happened. Those things speak for themselves.

It comes from the Niner GD thread earlier in the week. There was an overwhelming sentiment from the Titan fans in there that the Titans were better then the Niners with Jake Locker and some of us were said to have "never watched a Titans game this season" because we didn't believe the Titans had a chance to win let alone it not be somewhat lopsided. I predicted it to be 31-3 and was close til the end there, but I was the crazy one for thinking that way.

Your defense plays physical, but as I stated before the Titans wins were against mediocre teams and there losses came against teams who were really good defensively and really good running the ball.

One single fan constitutes an "overwhelming sentiment?"

Seriously. Go back and read through that thread. One. Single. Fan. There was ONE fan that said that the Titans were better than the 49ers with Locker. There were a grand total of TWO Titans fans who were arguing with you about being underrated. That doesn't seem like an "overwhelming sentiment" either.

If you're going to distort the truth, exaggerate wildly, and paint an entire fanbase with a single brush based on the words of one (or two, if you really want me to throw you a bone, but whatever) fan(s) in order to prove a nonexistent point, you can go ahead and GTFO.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
kamikazepants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkfn2284 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:

Some of you seem really intent on reprimanding fans for being confident in the team they root for. How dare they Laughing

The Titans lost to Houston (before meltdown mode) KC (with Fitzpatrick) Seattle (with Fitzpatrick) and SF (The only bad looking loss)

Every loss was close (minus SF of course), including the two with a horrifying backup QB, against two of the top three teams in the league. They've faced six of the top nine defenses, and the D has kept with them every single time

I'm legitimately curious as to how they're overrated?
kamikazepants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoops probably should have checked if the post had already been addressed Laughing
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record. All fanbases suck that arent the Titans.

Why is anyone surprised to hear fans think they can win and another team cant.
Teams are razor thin seperated. Hell in AFC there are 6 teams in the 3-4/4-3 area.

There arent any super teams. Niners got punked by the Seahawks and we would have beat the Seahawks with a 9th grader at QB instead of Fitz.

No fanbase should walk with their chest out. Especially the Niners.
They were good today. Didnt make mistakes and made a few plays. But wasnt world beaters
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense played pretty well today. We just aren't good enough offensively to overcome penalties and the refs were inclined to chuck em around all day.

Defense let us down. Can't be too mad because we had a couple guys out and it was the first negative performance of the year really. But again there was some unlucky breaks. The Ayers call negates an INT and they end up with a TD. The fumble on the sidelines that Pollard recovered, but we didn't have any challenges left. Another potential turnover.

Idk I hate to complain about referees, but I feel like every damn week it's something else. It's getting ridiculous.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
clarkfn2284 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
CaptainKaep7 wrote:

Titans are a little overrated by Titans fans? Sure. But it's not as though this is a team that is getting a lot of respect nationwide. Bottom half in almost all of the power rankings.

The 49ers were a better team today. Definitely a better team. But yes, you were crazy to think that way. Absolutely insane really. I forget what the score was when San Francisco went in to Seattle this year. Seahawks won by like 30 right? We just lost to them by seven with our backup quarterback. The 49ers have beaten one team with a record over .500. By four points. At home. That was unquestionably overconfidence. Just as plenty of Titans fans displayed overconfidence I'm sure (never went to the SF forum this week).

But yes, when you're playing a good team and everything goes wrong, of course the score will get lopsided. Would've loved to see a game where the refs didn't go out of their way to get involved as well as a game with a semi-competent kick returner.

Titans fans, like every fanbase (apparently including the 49ers), overrate their team. And yeah, your prediction was probably no closer than most Titans fans predictions. Game ended up at 14, and we can talk about the Titans garbage time touchdowns, but it's not as though the 49ers weren't gifted a pair as well. Final score was pretty indicative of where the two teams stand at the moment I think. Hopefully as Jake gets near 100%, that gap will close a bit.

And God I hate running quarterbacks.

why is it that every other team always likes to bring up seatle and the superbowl to niners fans... as if their team had anything to do with either of those games. it has no bearing on todays game whatsoever, and to me speaks about how you clearly have ran out of other insults to my team.

you talk about us being "gifted" multiple scores, clearly you are talking about the bogus roughing the passer call as well as the muffed punt, but when you talk about the seatle game you dont hint at the fact you were "gifted" a TD off of a bad hold/kick. my point is that both of those plays are part of the game, and while I would be livid if I was a titans fan about the call that negated the INT (esp bc he was hit after he threw so honestly it should have counted) I can honestly say that it didnt have that great of an effect on this game. you guys couldnt do anything on offense until eric reid and whitner were taken out of the game as well as all of our starting DLman. we could have won this game by more but we clearly took our foot off of the gas pedal. I credit your team for hanging in there until the end and never giving up but this game wasnt close. It was just our day. we could have scored a lot more points if we wanted/needed to.

outside of that one bad call, what else shows the refs "went out of their way to get involved"? I think it was a well called game for the most part, again outside of that one terrible roughing the passer call. I hate seeing crap like that, especially when it causes the other teams fans to question the validity of our domination Mr. Green

this game was not as close as the final scoreboard indicated, and you know it. I dont think 31-3 was an insane stance to hold considering we were up 24-0 to start the 4th quarter. overconfident? slightly. insane? you would think so before the game but like I said... we were up 24-0 in the 4th when we pulled our guys

good luck to you guys the rest of the way
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
The offense played pretty well today. We just aren't good enough offensively to overcome penalties and the refs were inclined to chuck em around all day.

Defense let us down. Can't be too mad because we had a couple guys out and it was the first negative performance of the year really. But again there was some unlucky breaks. The Ayers call negates an INT and they end up with a TD. The fumble on the sidelines that Pollard recovered, but we didn't have any challenges left. Another potential turnover.

Idk I hate to complain about referees, but I feel like every damn week it's something else. It's getting ridiculous.

he didnt recover that fumble... kaep clearly got it before pollard did. pollard tried to pick it up and run but it was just sitting there underneath his butt and kaep dove in and grabbed it. if he would have just dove on it he would have gotten it, but he got greedy and it cost him. Honestly he should have gotten a flag on that play for punching kaep in the neck area after the play was clearly over. so dont sit there and complain about the refs. we outplayed and outcoached you guys. It happens. nothing to be ashamed of, we won the NFC last year for good reason.

good luck to you guys the rest of the way
Titanium

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
why is it that every other team always likes to bring up seatle and the superbowl to niners fans... as if their team had anything to do with either of those games. it has no bearing on todays game whatsoever, and to me speaks about how you clearly have ran out of other insults to my team.

Confused

I see no insults... I see opinions from both sides.

And mentioning Seattle is a bad thing? Why is that? It's football talk on a football forum. Don't take it so seriously.

Wink
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the song that never ends. TN is a reflection of its HC;Mr Mike munchak.
Dude is Jeff fisher 2.0.
He doesn't have a clue on how to make a team his own. We still have no Running game after spending a top 10 pick and 46 mill on interior positions.
He stills play Kenny Britt who stills hurts the team when he's in the game.
He still lets his OC call such basic vanilla predictable plays.
The team still make bone head penalties & play without discipline
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I liked:

1. Big Nasty - really good 1st game young fella.
2. Kendell Wright - He is a baller.
3. Jake - Way to lead your team yesterday.
4. Ropati - another sack and 1/2 yesterday.
5. Pass coverage on Vernon Davis.
6. Kern and biranas did their jobs yesterday.
7. Secondary did a great job yesterday. Outside of some insane catches from Boldin, the secondary did their job without a real pass rush.

What I didn't like:

1. Darius Reynaud
2. Colin McCarthy
3. Dowell Loggains - why do you continue to call that stop and go route with Nate? If you are going to run that play run it with Hunter. Hunter is faster than Nate and the QB can throw it high and to the sideline so he will be the only one that has a chance for the ball. Also the pass plays in the 1st half were short passes. I guess you were trying to keep Jake safe, but it was obivious he was ok moving in the pocket.
4. Drive killing penalties in the 1st half on offense.
5. Defense. They were due for a off day I guess but this defense is still playoff caliber. I like the 46 look this game.
6. Penalty on the roughing the passer. Also the push in the back on Campbell when Reynaud fumbled the punt was bogus. Didn't matter anyway, but just saying.
7. Britt. Michael Roos was pissed and push him off the field after his penalty (I have never seen Roos do that to a teammate). If they can get any draft pick for him, he has to go.
8. Roos & Stewart are showing their age on pass pro and Roos is not getting push in the run game like in years past. I hate to see Mathis expose both of them in that colts games. Roos got beat on a inside swim move yesterday bad.
9. LB blitzes yesterday was terrible. on one A gap blitz, Mac & Brown ran in the same gap and Kap ran out the other gap for about 15 yards. I just SMH. Gap responsibility on a mobile QB is essential along with knowing who you have on the read option. They have been practicing this since OTAs. terrible...

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm part of the group here that doesn't mind Kenny's penalty. Brown was trying to tick him off and succeeded, but I liked Kenny actually showing some fire out there and push back.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47

Jump to: