Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happened to D-Bo? I'll tell you. And you'll LIKE IT!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: What happened to D-Bo? I'll tell you. And you'll LIKE IT! Reply with quote

Okay, so he's been virtually non-existent so far. He has yet to catch more than 4 passes in a game and is 71 freakin' yards BEHIND OUR RUNNING BACK!!!

I know, I know. Andy Reid's offense. Deep breaths, right? Sure. Kk. Got it.

The fact of the matter is that Bowe is supposed to be our clear cut, undisputed top passing threat, right? Right, right? Right. Well, then why in effing hades does Donnie Softie Avery have 81 more yards and only 2 less receptions? ...???

Something's going on and I'm gonna tell you what I think it might be.

Andy Reid's playoff hopes. That's what. I mean, we control our own destiny, right? Well, I've noticed a trend over the last 6 weeks that's inconsistent with Reid's days with the Eagles. Our offense, at least as a general rule, features 10-12 plays as a base every single week. It's rare that those base plays make a repeat appearance in consecutive weeks except for a few vanilla plays (and that damned Avery screen play). Well, in short, this offensive play calling has been very "vanilla" when compared to what I've seen of his offenses in Philly. We've only used 3 or 4 different types of screen plays to Charles and have only seen him employ the shovel pass to him that Reid made so prominent with McNabb and Westbrook once this year. I've seen more than a dozen types of screen plays from Reid that I have yet to see put into action with the Chiefs. We also haven't run many plays that were specifically designed to go to our top receiving threat, Dwayne Bowe. Why is any of this important, you ask?

Becaues I think we're intentionally limiting the exposure of our playbook unless we absolutely NEED to employ certain plays because we NEED to surprise and BEAT the Broncos to own the tie breaker, ultimately win the division and, in the process, win home field advantage in the playoffs. I honestly believe we're a "sleeping giant" to an extent. Well...more like a sleeping honey badger, but you get my point. Once week 11 rolls around, I fully expect us to see much, much more of D-Bo and Reid's "bag-o-tricks" with the offensive playcalling.

If we can win in Denver in week 11, they'll have to come into the loudest stadium in the world and beat us in week 13 to cancel out that divisional tie breaker. I don't see them winning at Arrowhead.

So...am I just bat guano crazy? Or does this actually have some merit?

I'm leaning towards both.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post. (I've said this 1000x but here we go again) - I have watched TONS of Eagles games in the past and have noticed that the further along in the year he gets, the bigger the playbook, and the more plays the offense runs each week. Donovan McNabb was no play it safe qb, and he had crap loads of success with Reid. Sure Brian Westbrook was a key cog in that machine with check downs and screen passes, but McNabb would literally whip that ball around on Sunday's. Definitely a gunslinger.

With such youth and inexperience playing with each other as an offensive unit, I think Reid is doing exactly what you mentioned. He's waiting. He is waiting until it matters. He's waiting until some defense can completely shut down the vanilla, boring lame one he's throwing out there for the past 6 weeks. Andy Reid is a smart man, he knows the level of talent we are playing against. He knows how ____ (insert adjective of choice here) our defense is playing / will continue to play. In my opinion we are going to see an offensive outburst not against Denver, but this week vs Houston. Reid finally almost got caught with his game plan against the Raiders (under estimated them?) and he cannot afford to have us lose a game vs a Texan team that is most likely starting a backup qb. Houston is going to generate insane pressure on Smith with 4-5 players, so we NEED to perform better if we have any chance of winning. Dwayne Bowe and hopefully Fasano are ready to rock and roll this week.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryk, my thoughts exactly. Just didn't want to take the time you did in stating them. Nice job.

Andy ALWAYS comes out of a bye week with both guns blazing. His record in that case is awesome. Expect MUCH more by the time we go to Mile High. Wink

Look for Hemmingway and Avery to step it up and then add Bowe when we show that we have others to throw to. Then they can't double Bowe. Fasano will be back shortly and that gives us two decent TE's and helps tremendously.

Nice evaluation Ryk....I think you're spot on. Wink
DrewC14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you guys are right. Despite a lot of Chiefs fan's confidence for when we play the Broncos, I am worried. I don't know if our defense can slow them down as much as people think, especially if Dunta Robinson has to come in and play some DB against a guy like Welker or Decker. Hopefully Reid uses Abudullah and Demps in some man coverage against them because I have more faith in them than in Dunta. With them two, that gives KC four solid defensive backs plus throw in Eric Berry and Kendrick Lewis(sometimes) in the mix. That's great coverage guys which leaves room for us to bring Houston, Hali, and Johnson into the mix along with Poe, Jackson, and whomever else on the defensive line. Pressure will be key to stopping Peyton.

Also, our offense might have to score a little bit more.
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #17 Donnie Avery, WR
Rec:34 rec./524 yards/15.4 AVG/2 TD

Last Week: 2 rec. 17 yards 8.5 AVG
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to start using Bowe more to save Jamaal. Can't have Jamaal getting hurt. That would CRIPPLE our offense.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RVM, I have been thinking the same thing. Particularly in these weeks going up to the bye week I could see Davis getting some more carries. Can you imagine how little we'd run the ball WITHOUT JC?

Ryk, I've been thinking a lot about this well. We literally have been so vanilla that it just makes me wonder if Reid is playing it close to the chest for now, particularly with taking big shots. It seems like "so far" whenever we get down we have the ability to move down the field and pull the lead back. I think however this is a dangerous game to play, particularly when you think about doing it against teams like the Broncos where if you mess around you could be down 3 scores in a hurry.

I'd like to see us pound the ball a little more with JC/Davis to create play-action that might actually work, and look like a totally different offense going into the bye week. The the Broncos wouldn't know which style of offense they're going to get.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would cripple our offense is if we started throwing out a rookie rb with fumbling issues. That would be crippling. Last game he had 1 carry 1 fumble no? (It just went out of bounds?)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP!

So Bowe has gotten a lot more involved the past 2 weeks, especially this game vs Buffalo. Looks like this (^^) is exactly what is happening with Reid and the offense. We haven't showed much to the rest of the league as to what we are capable of.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
BUMP!

So Bowe has gotten a lot more involved the past 2 weeks, especially this game vs Buffalo. Looks like this (^^) is exactly what is happening with Reid and the offense. We haven't showed much to the rest of the league as to what we are capable of.

Don't get too excited. The offense put up 6 points.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: Jamaal Charles
Rushes:3 Yds:12 TD:0 YPC:4.0
Catches:2 Yds:9 TD:0
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingseanjohn wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
BUMP!

Don't get too excited. The offense put up 6 points.

Meh. If Dex makes that catch that's 13 points. New England only scored 23 on them as well opening week (and they were healthy outside of Gronk). But regardless I am just talking about Bowe here. Him being involved more will open up the run even more (can u believe it) and other targets like fasano and Avery.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see us take 3-4 deep shots a game off of play action. This one thing that our offense has lacked for the better part of the season.

Even if they are incomplete passes, it will loosen the defense up to a point where our running and short passing games will have more space to operate.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kcstomp63 wrote:
I would love to see us take 3-4 deep shots a game off of play action. This one thing that our offense has lacked for the better part of the season.

Even if they are incomplete passes, it will loosen the defense up to a point where our running and short passing games will have more space to operate.

That's basically what Jeff Tuel did to us yesterday. Keep throwing deep on Cooper to open up the run game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nfl-forbids-chiefs-from-creating-their-own-schedul,34380/
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to D-Bo? I'll tell you. And you'll LIKE I Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Okay, so he's been virtually non-existent so far. He has yet to catch more than 4 passes in a game and is 71 freakin' yards BEHIND OUR RUNNING BACK!!!

I know, I know. Andy Reid's offense. Deep breaths, right? Sure. Kk. Got it.

The fact of the matter is that Bowe is supposed to be our clear cut, undisputed top passing threat, right? Right, right? Right. Well, then why in effing hades does Donnie Softie Avery have 81 more yards and only 2 less receptions? ...???

Something's going on and I'm gonna tell you what I think it might be.

Andy Reid's playoff hopes. That's what. I mean, we control our own destiny, right? Well, I've noticed a trend over the last 6 weeks that's inconsistent with Reid's days with the Eagles. Our offense, at least as a general rule, features 10-12 plays as a base every single week. It's rare that those base plays make a repeat appearance in consecutive weeks except for a few vanilla plays (and that damned Avery screen play). Well, in short, this offensive play calling has been very "vanilla" when compared to what I've seen of his offenses in Philly. We've only used 3 or 4 different types of screen plays to Charles and have only seen him employ the shovel pass to him that Reid made so prominent with McNabb and Westbrook once this year. I've seen more than a dozen types of screen plays from Reid that I have yet to see put into action with the Chiefs. We also haven't run many plays that were specifically designed to go to our top receiving threat, Dwayne Bowe. Why is any of this important, you ask?

Becaues I think we're intentionally limiting the exposure of our playbook unless we absolutely NEED to employ certain plays because we NEED to surprise and BEAT the Broncos to own the tie breaker, ultimately win the division and, in the process, win home field advantage in the playoffs. I honestly believe we're a "sleeping giant" to an extent. Well...more like a sleeping honey badger, but you get my point. Once week 11 rolls around, I fully expect us to see much, much more of D-Bo and Reid's "bag-o-tricks" with the offensive playcalling.

If we can win in Denver in week 11, they'll have to come into the loudest stadium in the world and beat us in week 13 to cancel out that divisional tie breaker. I don't see them winning at Arrowhead.

So...am I just bat guano crazy? Or does this actually have some merit?

I'm leaning towards both.

Here is what I saw in the game.

D-bowe blocking in the run scheme.
D-Bowe lining up in a slant formation , IE not out towards the sideline.
did it work? Yes!

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Rumless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/nfl-forbids-chiefs-from-creating-their-own-schedul,34380/

Wrong thread but still loveable.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: