Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trebongs wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
If we lose Rak, I expect us to move forward with Rob Jackson starting at ROLB and Brandon Jenkins backing him up. Then, we'd re-sign Darryl Tapp to back up Kerrigan.

Rob Jackson is not that good. He does well in a reserve roll, but he needs PED's to be a starter.

If I'm not mistaken, Jackson was suspended for pain killers not PEDS

Well if you feel no pain, you can play better.

I don't think you understand pain killers. I highly doubt that Rob used pain killers in a game. They make you perform worse, not better. Slower reaction time... loss of focus... strongly outweigh being unable to feel pain.
I'm
Sure it was PEDs or Adderall
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trebongs wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
If we lose Rak, I expect us to move forward with Rob Jackson starting at ROLB and Brandon Jenkins backing him up. Then, we'd re-sign Darryl Tapp to back up Kerrigan.

Rob Jackson is not that good. He does well in a reserve roll, but he needs PED's to be a starter.

If I'm not mistaken, Jackson was suspended for pain killers not PEDS

Well if you feel no pain, you can play better.

I don't think you understand pain killers. I highly doubt that Rob used pain killers in a game. They make you perform worse, not better. Slower reaction time... loss of focus... strongly outweigh being unable to feel pain.

Oh I understand pain killers. You took it too literal.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Jones is looking more and more like the man I want in round 2, if he falls to us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is still early and a lot can change, but for now this is what I'd like to see.

I've heard we will have anywhere from 30-40 million in cap room. I've heard multiple figures and am not sure what the official one is at this point. Regardless that should be enough to acquire some solid Free Agent pickups in the offseason.

Team needs (not in any order):
OG, C, RT, ILB, WR, DE, CB

Some quick notes before I get into my draft/free agency:

Arrow I should mention that I'm not overly worried about the ILB position just yet for next season. I do want to pick someone up in the offseason, but we have Keenan Robinson still. He was a 4th round draft pick just last year that has had some unfortunate injuries to start his career. His style of play works well next to a guy like Perry who is more of a Run Stuffer/Thumper, whereas Keenan Robinson has solid quickness, and should be solid in coverage. That said Robinson is still a question mark since he hasn't really played for us much yet due to the injuries, but he has the talent to start if he can shake the injury bug. For those who forgot about him, here is what he brings to the table:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=71569&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

http://www.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/keenan-robinson-1/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1245244/keenan-robinson

Still too early to give up on Robinson, so I don't have us investing a ton at ILB in this offseason. He was viewed as a 2nd-3rd round talent by many prior to the draft last season, so I would like to see what he can do for us once he comes back from his injury.

Arrow I also don't have us doing much at Safety since I like the improvements Rambo has shown as the season has gone on, and we have Phillip Thomas, who has a ton of potential at the position coming back from injury next season.

Arrow I have us going with a few WR's since Moss/Morgan are pretty much locks to be gone next season.

Arrow Our D-line could definitely use a couple new faces. We don't have any big space eating lineman, or any big difference makers on the D-line at this time.

Arrow Josh Wilson needs to go.

Arrow I really hope we start playing some of the O-lineman we drafted last season. We drafted 3 guys last year on the O-line...none of them have had a chance to show what they can do yet. I think they need to be given a chance soon, it can't be any worse than what our starter have done outside of Trent Williams. Since they haven't shown anything yet I have us making a lot of changes on the Offensive Line for next year, and didn't really factor in Leribeus, Compton, and Gettis for next season.

Free Agency:

RT- Branden Albert, 29 Years Old

I've seen people say he doesn't fit our scheme. I don't buy it at all. He is a talented Tackle that has actually excelled when used in zone blocking schemes in the past. He has struggled at times/been inconsistent at Left Tackle, but I think he'd be much better off on the right side of the line, which is where he would be with us. Here's a quote about Albert regarding his ability to zone block:

"He is a good fit for the zone blocking scheme that the Chiefs have implemented and demonstrates that fact by performing at a high level when blocking at the second level."
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/10/15/1752818/kansas-city-chiefs-brandon-albert-just-the-facts

DE- Alan Branch, 29 Years Old

I like this signing because he won't be too expensive for us, and would give us some size/strength at the DE position. Would help collapse the pocket and possibly help free Orakpo/Kerrigan a little bit when they are pass rushing. Also would help clog up some holes in the run game. Still would like to target a D-lineman in the draft after this signing.

ILB- Akeem Jordan, 29 Years Old

He is a very underrated player that kinda flys under the radar, but he is a solid all around player for the Chiefs, and would be a good signing for us. I feel like he would really help fill the void that we will have once Fletcher retires. He's also still relatively young at 28 years old. Between Jordan, and Keenan Robinson, I feel like we would have two guys that would work well next to Perry at the ILB position.

Here is a good article about Jordan:
http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/story/Meet-Akeem-Jordan-the-unsung-member-of-t?blockID=951823

CB- Tim Jennings, 30 Years Old

He has really been a good CB the past couple seasons, and the Bears have 3 CB's (Jennings, Tillman, Bowman) that are scheduled to be Free Agents, I'm hoping that they aren't able to resign Jennings. He will be 30 next season, but he is playing the best football of his career. I'd love to have him replace Josh Morgan at CB for us. The trio of Jennings, Hall, and Amerson would be very good the next couple seasons for us.

WR- Kenny Britt, 25 Years Old

He is a guy that will come very cheap in Free Agency. He needs a change of scenery badly, and if he signed with us, he would be given a shot to challenge Hankerson as our number 2 WR. At worst he is a more talented Josh Morgan, which is who he would replace if we sign him. At best, he regains his Pre-ACL injury form, and becomes a great number 2 opposite Garcon. We need a guy with size at the WR position that can be a threat in the Red Zone, Britt has the ability to be that kind of guy for us as he is 6'3 223lbs. Britt will still only be 25 years old to start next season and has flashed a ton of potential in the past. He is the definition of a low risk/potential high reward signing.

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX9C9LyCGxU

(*Ages shown reflect their age at the start of next season)

This group of Free Agents isn't going to completely break the bank for us. These guys should be able to be signed at reasonable contracts. These guys are pretty much all are in their prime with at least a few years left of high level play, and offer us lots of value at positions of need.

Draft:
I know there have been comments made in the past the Shanahan doesn't draft O-Lineman early...That isn't true he has drafted offensive lineman in the first round with the Broncos, and will not have a problem drafting an offensive lineman high with us if he sees one he likes. I have us taking a couple in this mock draft.

Round 2
Ra'shede Hageman 6'6" 311lbs Minnesota DE/DT
This guy has tons of potential, and would be a great pickup for us early in the 2nd round. He would make a great 3-4 DE because of his size/athleticism. Very explosive player that consistently drives lineman back. He has the potential to be a difference making 3-4 DE in the mold of guys like JJ Watt/Cameron Jordan.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664241/rashede-hageman
Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMHSDtZeNZU

Round 3
Anthony Steen- 6'2" 310lbs Alabama OG/C
With another solid group of lineman in this draft, I'm hoping Steen will fall to us in the 3rd round. He hasn't had the recognition of some of the other Alabama lineman have had, but he is a very talented lineman that has the versatility to also play Center. Ideal size/quickness for our zone blocking scheme.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664536/anthony-steen
Here's a game vid of Steen vs. V-Tech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TikMvQgl5k

Round 4
Mike Davis- 6'2" 195lbs Texas WR
I think he would be a tremendous value in the 4th for us. I don't think he will time well in the 40 this year. I'm guessing he runs a low 4.5/high 4.4 40 time, and will get overlooked because of it, similar to what happened with Terrance Williams last year. In a lot of ways Davis plays very similarly to Terrance Williams, so I think this would be a great pickup for us if we could get Davis in the 4th. He has the quickness to play in the slot, and the size to play outside as well. He would give us a playmaker at WR that can beat teams deep, and also be effective in the screen game. He would make a very good replacement for Santana Moss.

Highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZndVXiDe8Y

Round 5
Chris Borland- 5'11" 246lbs Wisconsin ILB
Borland is a guy that will likely fall a few rounds in the draft simply because of his size, and he's not a great athlete. The guy has great instincts, and is a very good tackler. He would be a good option for us to help fill that ILB void that we have.

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OZDPk4ACHI

Round 6
Dri Archer- 5'8" 178lbs Kent State WR/RB/KR
Archer is a guy that had some hype coming into the season, but so far has had a disappointing senior season. He's a guy that we would bring in to challenge Aldrick Robinson/Chris Thompson at WR/RB depending on what we want to do with him, and would give us a dynamic Kick Returner as well. He's a nightmare to defend in the open field, but is still raw as a WR, and is far to small to play RB on a consistent basis. If we were creative with him, he could be an asset if we could get him a few plays a game to get him in open space.

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dpvSqIAge4

Round 7
Spencer Long- 6'4" 315lbs Nebraska OG
Long would be a great value in the 7th round. He just injured his knee and will be out the remainder of the 2013 season, but he is a very good talent. Could fall to the 7th round because of the knee injury. Once healthy he could potentially start for us at Guard.

Our 2014 Depth Chart would look like this:

Offense
QB: RG3, K. Cousins
RB: A. Morris, R. Helu, Dri Archer/Thompson*
FB: D. Young
WR: P. Garcon, L. Hankerson, Mike Davis (slot), Kenny Britt, A. Robinson/Dri Archer*
TE: J. Reed, L. Paulson, N. Paul
LT: T. Williams
LG: Anthony Steen
C: W. Montgomery
RG: C. Chester/Spencer Long
RT: Brandon Albert

(*I see Archer taking either Thompson's or Robinson's spot on the roster. Archer could be utilized at either position since he is a tweener, but his biggest asset will be his kick return ability for us.)

Defense
DE: Alan Branch/J. Jenkins (DE's Rotating)
NT: B. Coefield
DE: Ra'shede Hageman
OLB: R. Kerrigan, D. Tapp
ILB: P. Riley, Chris Borland
ILB: Akeem Jordan, K. Robinson
OLB: B. Orakpo, B. Jenkins
CB: D. Hall, Tim Jennings, D. Amerson, E. Biggers, C. Minnifield
FS: B. Rambo, B. Merriweather
SS: P. Thomas, J Gumbs

A lot of depth at these positions with the guys drafted/free agents signed that would allow us to do some more rotating to keep guys fresh without having a severe talent dropoff.

Special Teams
K: Forbath
P:UDFA
KR: Dri Archer
PR: Dri Archer

Coaching Staff
Head Coach: M. Shanahan
Offensive Coordinator: K. Shanahan
Defensive Coordinator: J. Haslett

We have been dealt a rough hand with our limited draft picks, cap room taken away, and our franchise QB coming off a big injury. I would like to give this coaching staff one last season to show what they can do when they aren't completely handcuffed with these circumstances.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
It is still early and a lot can change, but for now this is what I'd like to see.

I've heard we will have anywhere from 30-40 million in cap room. I've heard multiple figures and am not sure what the official one is at this point. Regardless that should be enough to acquire some solid Free Agent pickups in the offseason.

OG is not a huge problem. Kory L has been playing good for most of the year. Chester has been up and down, but the position that needs upgraded is center. We also have two young OGs waiting In the wings, we need to see what they have before drafting two more.

If they feel Montgomery needs upgraded, I'd propose moving Kory L to chèvre and starting LeRibeus or Gettis next to Kory L next year, or picking up a center in the draft or FA, not guards.

Quote:

Arrow I should mention that I'm not overly worried about the ILB position just yet for next season. I do want to pick someone up in the offseason, but we have Keenan Robinson still. He was a 4th round draft pick just last year that has had some unfortunate injuries to start his career. His style of play works well next to a guy like Perry who is more of a Run Stuffer/Thumper, whereas Keenan Robinson has solid quickness, and should be solid in coverage. That said Robinson is still a question mark since he hasn't really played for us much yet due to the injuries, but he has the talent to start if he can shake the injury bug. For those who forgot about him, here is what he brings to the table:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=71569&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

Still too early to give up on Robinson, so I don't have us investing a ton at ILB in this offseason. He was viewed as a 2nd-3rd round talent by many prior to the draft last season, so I would like to see what he can do for us once he comes back from his injury.
I definitely like Robinsin, but he can't be counted on. He hasn't shown he can stay healthy, he hasn't shown he can be an every down LB. Upgrading the ILB position is our top need in my eyes.

Quote:
Arrow I also don't have us doing much at Safety since I like the improvements Rambo has shown as the season has gone on, and we have Phillip Thomas, who has a ton of potential at the position coming back from injury next season.
I agree, we don't need someone in the draft, but, I think we need to sign a veteran FS

Quote:
Arrow I have us going with a few WR's since Moss/Morgan are pretty much locks to be gone next season.
I'd rather see us sign and draft one, then to spend two picks on WRs, but, I have to say I like your choices. I'd Dri Archer is there in the 6th you have to trade him,

Quote:
Arrow Our D-line could definitely use a couple new faces. We don't have any big space eating lineman, or any big difference makers on the D-line at this time.
Neild and Baker are space eaters, but currently aren't starting material. I agree we need a difference making DE or NT, but w/o a 1st round pick, it's going to be next to impossible to find in the draft.

I'd sign Randy Starks in free agency

Quote:
well he's a free agent, so that's easy

Quote:
Arrow I really hope we start playing some of the O-lineman we drafted last season. We drafted 3 guys last year on the O-line...none of them have had a chance to show what they can do yet. I think they need to be given a chance soon, it can't be any worse than what our starter have done outside of Trent Williams. Since they haven't shown anything yet I have us making a lot of changes on the Offensive Line for next year, and didn't really factor in Leribeus, Compton, and Gettis for next season.
I'm confused. You talk about trusting in Robinson who's been injured twice in two years and only played 9 games I two years as a reserve and say he can be a starter next year, but you don't trust our young OL who've been active in games this year and last and haven't been injured?

Seems to me, your just trying to find a reason to not take a ILB high, and some of the best players and biggest difference makers available than anything else.

Quote:
Free Agency:

I've seen people say he doesn't fit our scheme. I don't buy it at all. He is a talented Tackle that has actually excelled when used in zone blocking schemes in the past. He has struggled at times/been inconsistent at Left Tackle, but I think he'd be much better off on the right side of the line, which is where he would be with us. Here's a quote about Albert regarding his ability to zone block:

"He is a good fit for the zone blocking scheme that the Chiefs have implemented and demonstrates that fact by performing at a high level when blocking at the second level."
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/10/15/1752818/kansas-city-chiefs-brandon-albert-just-the-facts
not gonna happen. Period! He's going to get a big contract as a LT somewhere.

Quote:

I like this signing because he won't be too expensive for us, and would give us some size/strength at the DE position. Would help collapse the pocket and possibly help free Orakpo/Kerrigan a little bit when they are pass rushing. Also would help clog up some holes in the run game. Still would like to target a D-lineman in the draft after this signing.
good depth, but I thought you wanted a difference maker? I'd sign Randy Starks from Miami, bring him back to MD

Quote:

He is a very underrated player that kinda flys under the radar, but he is a solid all around player for the Chiefs, and would be a good signing for us. I feel like he would really help fill the void that we will have once Fletcher retires. He's also still relatively young at 28 years old. Between Jordan, and Keenan Robinson, I feel like we would have two guys that would work well next to Perry at the ILB position.

http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/story/Meet-Akeem-Jordan-the-unsung-member-of-t?blockID=951823
I like it. He can be a stop gap, I'd still take an ILB in round 2 or 3 though

Quote:

He has really been a good CB the past couple seasons, and the Bears have 3 CB's (Jennings, Tillman, Bowman) that are scheduled to be Free Agents, I'm hoping that they aren't able to resign Jennings. He will be 30 next season, but he is playing the best football of his career. I'd love to have him replace Josh Morgan at CB for us. The trio of Jennings, Hall, and Amerson would be very good the next couple seasons for us.
I'm assuming you mean Josh Wilson. I like the signing, as long as it's not too expensive, 30 year old cbs on expensive deals scare me.

Quote:

He is a guy that will come very cheap in Free Agency. He needs a change of scenery badly, and if he signed with us, he would be given a shot to challenge Hankerson as our number 2 WR. At worst he is a more talented Josh Morgan, which is who he would replace if we sign him. At best, he regains his Pre-ACL injury form, and becomes a great number 2 opposite Garcon. We need a guy with size at the WR position that can be a threat in the Red Zone, Britt has the ability to be that kind of guy for us as he is 6'3 223lbs. Britt will still only be 25 years old to start next season and has flashed a ton of potential in the past. He is the definition of a low risk/potential high reward signing.

Highlights:

This group of Free Agents isn't going to completely break the bank for us. These guys should be able to be signed at reasonable contracts. These guys are pretty much all are in their prime with at least a few years left of high level play, and offer us lots of value at positions of need.
I want nothing to do with Kenny Britt and his off the field problems. It's Nicks or Maclin for me. And if we sign a WR we don't need to draft two wrs in the draft IMO

Quote:
Draft:
I know there have been comments made in the past the Shanahan doesn't draft O-Lineman early...That isn't true he has drafted offensive lineman in the first round with the Broncos, and will not have a problem drafting an offensive lineman high with us if he sees one he likes. I have us taking a couple in this mock draft.
He drafts players he thinks will be left tackles early, the rest he takes in the mid or late rounds

Quote:
Round 2
This guy has tons of potential, and would be a great pickup for us early in the 2nd round. He would make a great 3-4 DE because of his size/athleticism. Very explosive player that consistently drives lineman back. He has the potential to be a difference making 3-4 DE in the mold of guys like JJ Watt/Cameron Jordan.

Highlights:
I like it

Quote:
Round 3
With another solid group of lineman in this draft, I'm hoping Steen will fall to us in the 3rd round. He hasn't had the recognition of some of the other Alabama lineman have had, but he is a very talented lineman that has the versatility to also play Center. Ideal size/quickness for our zone blocking scheme.

there is no way we take an OG in round 3, when we have Kory L rated as the 4th best OG, Chester still playing well and Lerubeus our 2012 3rd round pick still on the roster.

Quote:
Round 4
I think he would be a tremendous value in the 4th for us. I don't think he will time well in the 40 this year. I'm guessing he runs a low 4.5/high 4.4 40 time, and will get overlooked because of it, similar to what happened with Terrance Williams last year. In a lot of ways Davis plays very similarly to Terrance Williams, so I think this would be a great pickup for us if we could get Davis in the 4th. He has the quickness to play in the slot, and the size to play outside as well. He would give us a playmaker at WR that can beat teams deep, and also be effective in the screen game. He would make a very good replacement for Santana Moss.

Highlights:
Davis is an outside WR. He wouldn't replace Moss, he'd replace Josh Morgan. I watched him again last night, he didn't do much vs Wvu. The one TD catch he had was a blown coverage. I know he has talent, but I want overly impressed by him. 4th round though seems like a good spot for him, possibly he can develop into something more but I just don't see a starting WR in him.

Quote:
Round 5
Borland is a guy that will likely fall a few rounds in the draft simply because of his size, and he's not a great athlete. The guy has great instincts, and is a very good tackler. He would be a good option for us to help fill that ILB void that we have.

Highlights:
I love Boreland, but I'd like to get a top talented ILB. I'd take Christian jones or Yarwin Smallwood in round 2 to help replace Fletcher. Our ILB position and safety positions need the biggest upgrades in talent on the team.

Quote:
Round 6
Archer is a guy that had some hype coming into the season, but so far has had a disappointing senior season. He's a guy that we would bring in to challenge Aldrick Robinson/Chris Thompson at WR/RB depending on what we want to do with him, and would give us a dynamic Kick Returner as well. He's a nightmare to defend in the open field, but is still raw as a WR, and is far to small to play RB on a consistent basis. If we were creative with him, he could be an asset if we could get him a few plays a game to get him in open space.

Highlights:
I love Archer. He'd be the guy to replace Moss in the slot and as you said, he can be a return man.

For WR, I'd rather sign Hakeem Nicks or Jeremy Maclin and then skip the Mike Davis pick and just take a player like Archer as a future slot guy and special teams player.

Quote:
Round 7
Long would be a great value in the 7th round. He just injured his knee and will be out the remainder of the 2013 season, but he is a very good talent. Could fall to the 7th round because of the knee injury. Once healthy he could potentially start for us at Guard.
I don't think he fits our system. We also again have LeRibeus and Gettis developing.

Quote:

Offense
WR: P. Garcon, L. Hankerson, Mike Davis (slot), Kenny Britt, A. Robinson/Dri Archer*
I've never seen Mike Davis play slot. They always use him in the outside and Jackson Shipley in the slot every time I see Texas play.
Quote:
why get rid of Kory L, our second best OL? Doesn't make sense to me. There's also no way Brandon Albert ends up here. Someone will give him a long term deal as a LT

Quote:
(*I see Archer taking either Thompson's or Robinson's spot on the roster. Archer could be utilized at either position since he is a tweener, but his biggest asset will be his kick return ability for us.)
possibly Thompson, but I think Robinson will be here. Robinson is actually the guy who I think has the best shot to take Moss' spot as the slot WR.

Quote:
Defense
looks to me like the DL has been downgraded not upgraded. Alan Branch is nothing special, a 2nd round DE as a starter? I don't think he comes in and has a huge impact. Sign a DE who is going to make an impact like Randy Starks. Put your money where you're mouth is. You want to upgrade the DE position, then spend some $ to so it.

Quote:
so we're keeping EJ Biggers? Why?

We're not keeping Rob Jackson, why?

I'd have Brandon Meriweather as the starting SS. We can't rely on a second year player in Thomas to be the starter there. He's has two season ending injuries to his foot/ankle in the last three years. That's a major concern.

I think we need to find an upgrade at FS.

Our talent level at FS is atrocious and it's the main reason this teams pass coverage has sucked since 2010. We need a real big upgrade there.

I'd sign Jarius Byrd to be our FS, Rambo can be the reserve.
Ss Meriweather Starting, Thomas as the back up.

Quote:
Special Teams
an UDFA as our punter? I think we'll sign someone in FA, I'm not too sure who but I did like Drew Butler as the steelers punter last year and he's young. 25 when next season starts. I have no clue why Danny smith won't sign him to replace the horrible punters he's had this year.

Quote:
Coaching Staff
Head Coach: M. Shanahan
Offensive Coordinator: K. Shanahan
Defensive Coordinator: J. Haslett

We have been dealt a rough hand with our limited draft picks, cap room taken away, and our franchise QB coming off a big injury. I would like to give this coaching staff one last season to show what they can do when they aren't completely handcuffed with these circumstances.
I hope they're back for one more year, but w/o an extension going into his contract year, I'm not sure Shanahan stays and IMO Shanahan hasn't earned an extension yet. He just hasn't been a good coach for 4 years except for a 7 game stretch and he's made some questionable personnel decisions in FA and the draft
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Christian Jones is looking more and more like the man I want in round 2, if he falls to us.

For the past couple weeks Christian Jones has played DE with his hand in the dirt!!! He has played extremely well as a pass rusher!!! Give me Smallwood
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Albert refused to play RT when the Chiefs drafted Eric Fisher in the draft this year. If he wouldn't for his current team I don't see why he'd sign in free agency to play RT. Someone like the Dolphins will pay him big bucks to play LT for them anyways.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

For the past couple weeks Christian Jones has played DE with his hand in the dirt!!! He has played extremely well as a pass rusher!!! Give me Smallwood
he plays well at all LB positions. Covers well, tackles well and rushes the passer well
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kory and Chester have not been playing that well this year...
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Kory and Chester have not been playing that well this year...
vs the pass they've struggled, but most of the time they've been good in the run game. They've had games and plays where they've struggled in the run. Most notably Dallas vs Hatcher, but Morris doesn't put up the yards he does w/o them blocking well in the running game.

The only one of our OL who's good at blocking for a pocket qb is Trent.

I don't think either of the guards he suggests would be ones we'd target.
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:
OG is not a huge problem. Kory L has been playing good for most of the year. Chester has been up and down, but the position that needs upgraded is center. We also have two young OGs waiting In the wings, we need to see what they have before drafting two more.

Uh yeah it is a huge problem. I want lineman that have ability to pass block as well as run block. Read below, I didn't take the young guys into account for this mock offseason, so youre just gonna have to roll with them not being included. They are two seasons in and have yet to do anything. Maybe they will at some point, but for now I'm not including them.

turtle28 wrote:
If they feel Montgomery needs upgraded, I'd propose moving Kory L to chèvre and starting LeRibeus or Gettis next to Kory L next year, or picking up a center in the draft or FA, not guards.

Nah Ill stick with upgrading guards so RG3 doesn't get killed in the pocket, and will for once be able to STEP UP in the pocket before it is collapsed.

Quote:

turtle28 wrote:
I definitely like Robinsin, but he can't be counted on. He hasn't shown he can stay healthy, he hasn't shown he can be an every down LB. Upgrading the ILB position is our top need in my eyes.

I have us signing someone, and drafting someone...That said I'm not going all out on the position since he has the talent to potentially be a difference maker, and the guy signed is a solid all around starter anyway.

Quote:
turtle28 wrote:
I agree, we don't need someone in the draft, but, I think we need to sign a veteran FS
Nah still not worried about it with Rambo, Merriweather, P. Thomas, and Gumbs. Could be upgraded, but a lot of young talent that needs a chance on the roster, so I'm not going to address it yet.

Quote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'd rather see us sign and draft one, then to spend two picks on WRs, but, I have to say I like your choices. I'd Dri Archer is there in the 6th you have to trade him,

Archer is not a good WR prospect, he is going to be a gadget player that will be good for a couple plays a game in open space, and will be a very good Kick Returner. He is far too raw, has drop issues, and very limited size at the position.

Quote:
turtle28 wrote:
Neild and Baker are space eaters, but currently aren't starting material. I agree we need a difference making DE or NT, but w/o a 1st round pick, it's going to be next to impossible to find in the draft.

A difference making 3-4 DE won't be that hard to find if we can draft Hageman in the 2nd round. The Saints drafted Cameron Jordan at the end of the 1st round just a few seasons ago. We will be picking early 2nd round...it is definitely possible to find one.

turtle28 wrote:

I'm guessing he will want a bigger contract, I would rather draft Hageman, and sign Branch, who would make a nice gap stuffer for us given his size. Something we don't have much of at the moment on the line.

Quote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yeah thats what I'm getting at, he's good as gone next year.

Quote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm confused. You talk about trusting in Robinson who's been injured twice in two years and only played 9 games I two years as a reserve and say he can be a starter next year, but you don't trust our young OL who've been active in games this year and last and haven't been injured?

Seems to me, your just trying to find a reason to not take a ILB high, and some of the best players and biggest difference makers available than anything else.

Lol they have had two years to come in and make a difference, but haven't done anything yet. I'm not including them until they do something. Robinson has the talent to start, he just hasn't stayed healthy. As mentioned above, we are still signing a starting ILB, and drafting a talented guy in the draft.

Quote:
Free Agency:

turtle28 wrote:

Yeah this one probably won't happen, more wishful thinking than anything, since he probably won't switch to RT for us. Will probably end up switching this on my next update.

Quote:

turtle28 wrote:
good depth, but I thought you wanted a difference maker? I'd sign Randy Starks from Miami, bring him back to MD

Yep very good depth, brings a different dimension to our Dline with his size, and we got a difference maker in Hageman. I don't care where Starks is from, would rather just get guys that would help the team more.

Quote:

turtle28 wrote:

Nah I'm good on taking an ILB there at this point. Jordan can be a starter for a few seasons, and once we get all our draft picks back next year, I would be down for taking an ILB early if K. Robinson doesn't show much.

Quote:

turtle28 wrote:
I'm assuming you mean Josh Wilson. I like the signing, as long as it's not too expensive, 30 year old cbs on expensive deals scare me.
Lol yep definitely meant Wilson, late night typo. I'm guessing at his age, and given that he's not an ideal sized CB, he will be able to be had for a solid deal without breaking the bank.

Quote:

Highlights:

turtle28 wrote:
I want nothing to do with Kenny Britt and his off the field problems. It's Nicks or Maclin for me. And if we sign a WR we don't need to draft two wrs in the draft IMO

Likely going to be too much money on those two players. With Hankerson improving a little bit, I have us taking a guy like Britt that will probably take over Morgans role. He could potentially be a good number 2 WR, or just be a better version of Morgan for us. He will be a very cheap signing with a potential high reward, I'm willing to take a risk on it.

Quote:
Draft:
turtle28 wrote:
He drafts players he thinks will be left tackles early, the rest he takes in the mid or late rounds

Is this similar to him not playing rookies, Not drafting underclassman, and not taking WR's early? I've seen all these comments used by you about Shanahans coaching tenancies, and proven each of them to be false...REGARDLESS I have us taking an OG/C in the 3rd round which is a borderline mid round pick.

Quote:
Round 2

Highlights:
turtle28 wrote:
I like it

Perfect than what is the issue with him starting as a rookie? It's not uncommon for a high pick at DE to start as a rookie..

Quote:
Round 3

turtle28 wrote:
there is no way we take an OG in round 3, when we have Kory L rated as the 4th best OG, Chester still playing well and Lerubeus our 2012 3rd round pick still on the roster.

Disagree, Steen has OG/C ability, and has the quickness needed to play in our scheme. Chester, and Kory L are TERRIBLE! If you can't pass block you gotta go...That is kinda the point of having a FRANCHISE QB.

Quote:
Round 4

Highlights:
turtle28 wrote:
Davis is an outside WR. He wouldn't replace Moss, he'd replace Josh Morgan. I watched him again last night, he didn't do much vs Wvu. The one TD catch he had was a blown coverage. I know he has talent, but I want overly impressed by him. 4th round though seems like a good spot for him, possibly he can develop into something more but I just don't see a starting WR in him.
Nope Davis plays in both the slot and on the outside for Texas. They utilize him more outside, and he definitely can play either in the NFL. Would be a tremendous value in the 4th round.

As for your analysis on Davis last night, it is very interesting to say the least. I'm rewatching the play you claim to be a broken coverage as I type this. HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT A BROKEN COVERAGE? Texas is in a 4 WR set on the play, the CB covering Davis is 7 yards off the line of scrimmage since he knows he has no safety playing deep on the play. Davis got 5 yards of separation on the play with a well done fake/stutter in his route to make the CB freeze in his coverage, then ran right by him for the 50 yard TD. That is a beautiful route, not a broken coverage. Nice try..

How about the very nice sideline catch that Davis made with a defender absolutely destroying him when he was defenseless?

You also didn't see Goodwin as a draftable player last season until I got on you about it. Davis didn't have a dominating performance, but was much better than the numbers showed, which were still solid. Scouting a guy saying he isn't starter material after 1 game isn't exactly a great way to scout either...

You are also not factoring in how bad Case McCoy is at QB. He missed Davis numerous times in the game on easy passes. Davis was open on a deep route in the first half that was an easy long TD, but McCoy just couldn't get the ball there. I know it is hard to believe, but RG3 has a tremendous deep ball when healthy, which is something that would go together great with Davis's ability to get open on deep routes.

Quote:
Round 5

Highlights:
turtle28 wrote:
I love Boreland, but I'd like to get a top talented ILB. I'd take Christian jones or Yarwin Smallwood in round 2 to help replace Fletcher. Our ILB position and safety positions need the biggest upgrades in talent on the team.

See above comments regarding ILB. As for Safety you get on me for saying we need new O-line, but we have two talented ROOKIES at Safety, yet we need more talent...nice logic sir Laughing

Quote:
Round 6

Highlights:
turtle28 wrote:
I love Archer. He'd be the guy to replace Moss in the slot and as you said, he can be a return man.

For WR, I'd rather sign Hakeem Nicks or Jeremy Maclin and then skip the Mike Davis pick and just take a player like Archer as a future slot guy and special teams player.

Nope terrible idea to have him replace Moss. Archer is very limited at WR, and display hardly any ball skills. He has size issues, and drop issues. He is purely a gadget player/kick returner that could be dangerous with a couple touches a game in space.

Quote:
Round 7
turtle28 wrote:
I don't think he fits our system. We also again have LeRibeus and Gettis developing.

I disagree, he should fit just fine. As for LeRibeus and Gettis, if they show something by the end of the year, I will factor them into my offseason, but until then they aren't really in my consideration. They have both been healthy and haven't shown anything.

Quote:

Offense
turtle28 wrote:
I've never seen Mike Davis play slot. They always use him in the outside and Jackson Shipley in the slot every time I see Texas play.
He's played both at Texas.
Quote:
turtle28 wrote:
why get rid of Kory L, our second best OL? Doesn't make sense to me. There's also no way Brandon Albert ends up here. Someone will give him a long term deal as a LT
Didn't do a full depth chart, he'd still be here. Trying to decide who I think is better out of Chester/Kory L. Both suck in pass coverage, and wouldn't mind seeing both gone in the next couple seasons. This is what sucks about not seeing what LeRibeus/Gettis can do. I hope they get some time in the coming weeks to show if they are startable, or if we need to completely overhaul the line. As for Albert, I will likely switch him out of my next update as he probably won't want to play RT.

Quote:
turtle28 wrote:
possibly Thompson, but I think Robinson will be here. Robinson is actually the guy who I think has the best shot to take Moss' spot as the slot WR.

See above regarding Archer.

Quote:
Defense
turtle28 wrote:
looks to me like the DL has been downgraded not upgraded. Alan Branch is nothing special, a 2nd round DE as a starter? I don't think he comes in and has a huge impact. Sign a DE who is going to make an impact like Randy Starks. Put your money where you're mouth is. You want to upgrade the DE position, then spend some $ to so it.

Nope...Hageman has tons of talent, I still think Jenkins has some talent to work with in a rotation, and Branch gives us much needed size, and can clog some gaps...Gives us a little extra versatility. I'd rather not shell out a HUGE contract for Starks. I'm not paying a guy on the back end of his career that much money who is going to a team that is still putting the pieces together. Terrible move if we sign him to a big deal. Don't like it at all.

Quote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'd have Brandon Meriweather as the starting SS. We can't rely on a second year player in Thomas to be the starter there. He's has two season ending injuries to his foot/ankle in the last three years. That's a major concern.

Our talent level at FS is atrocious and it's the main reason this teams pass coverage has sucked since 2010. We need a real big upgrade there.

Lol so you don't want to upgrade OG, but we according to you have no talent at FS when we have two talented rookies that can play either safety spot, and Merriweather, who can play either Safety spot. Good luck signing Byrd. Can't wait to take on that HUGE contract, will be great when we try to retain our players down the road..

As for Biggers I wouldn't mind having him come back as a number 4/5 CB next season.

Rob Jackson would still be here, as you can see I didn't do a complete depth chart, but yeah he'd still be here.

Quote:
Special Teams
turtle28 wrote:
an UDFA as our punter? I think we'll sign someone in FA, I'm not too sure who but I did like Drew Butler as the steelers punter last year and he's young. 25 when next season starts. I have no clue why Danny smith won't sign him to replace the horrible punters he's had this year.

Either way works could sign one too, but it's really not hard to find a punter as a UDFA either.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

turtle28 wrote:

Uh yeah it is a huge problem. I want lineman that have ability to pass block as well as run block. Read below, I didn't take the young guys into account for this mock offseason, so youre just gonna have to roll with them not being included. They are two seasons in and have yet to do anything. Maybe they will at some point, but for now I'm not including them.
If your a young back up OL and the starter doesn't get hurt, you don't play. There's no way were drafting two guards in the draft. I guarantee it!

Also, when Kory missed some time last year with an ankle problem LeRibeus stepped in at LG and did just fine. I think he's going to be an ok player when it's all said and done.

Quote:
turtle28 wrote:

Nah Ill stick with upgrading guards so RG3 doesn't get killed in the pocket, and will for once be able to STEP UP in the pocket before it is collapsed.
ok, but Shanahan isn't going to. Just to let you know, Kory L is one of his favorite players and Chris Chester is one of Forester's favorite players. Shanahan drafted Kory L in Denv and Forester was in Balt when they drafted Chester and has been developing him since he was a rookie.

Quote:

turtle28 wrote:

I have us signing someone, and drafting someone...That said I'm not going all out on the position since he has the talent to potentially be a difference maker, and the guy signed is a solid all around starter anyway. [/quote] what's he played 9 games? We are losing Fletcher, we better make sure that's one of our top priorities. I don't see Jordan leaving Andy Reid to be honest. I think we'll re-sign Barnett to be honest. I don't think Barnett has done anything to lose his job, he can be the veteran.

Another option could be just really going young at the position. Draft whomever your heart desires and bring up Will Compton to be a reserve.

Quote:
Quote:
turtle28 wrote:
Nah still not worried about it with Rambo, Merriweather, P. Thomas, and Gumbs. Could be upgraded, but a lot of young talent that needs a chance on the roster, so I'm not going to address it yet.
safety is our least talented spot. How can anyone not worry about the safety position? It's ben our biggest problem since ST died! We just don't have the talent at FS to really make game changing plays back there. Our corners do a good job and if the Qb really makes a mistake like Ponder did in the first quarter last game, guys like Meriweather can get easy ints but Meriweather is way past his prime. Rambo is inconsistent and Phillip Thomas is coming off his second serious foot injury in 3 years. We absolutely have to find a true starting FS who can change the game for us and then Thomas and Rambo can develop behind Meriweather at SS and whomever at FS

Quote:
Quote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'd rather see us sign and draft one, then to spend two picks on WRs, but, I have to say I like your choices. If Dri Archer is there in the 6th you have to take him,

Archer is not a good WR prospect, he is going to be a gadget player that will be good for a couple plays a game in open space, and will be a very good Kick Returner. He is far too raw, has drop issues, and very limited size at the position.
well if that's the case, he Sounds like Chris Thompson... Pass. We already have one of those developing.

Quote:
Quote:
turtle28 wrote:

A difference making 3-4 DE won't be that hard to find if we can draft Hageman in the 2nd round. The Saints drafted Cameron Jordan at the end of the 1st round just a few seasons ago. We will be picking early 2nd round...it is definitely possible to find one.
I'm not saying its impossible, but we're talking about the difference in 20 picks, it's not as easy to find dominant second round DL as you make it out to be.

Quote:
turtle28 wrote:

I'm guessing he will want a bigger contract, I would rather draft Hageman, and sign Branch, who would make a nice gap stuffer for us given his size. Something we don't have much of at the moment on the line.
I'm really not a fan of Branch. I've been following him since his Michigan days. If he was any good at all, he wouldn't have to find a new team every year.

I'd actually like us to do both, get a veteran to start like Starks who can be a difference maker at DE, the take a DE in the draft.

Quote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yeah thats what I'm getting at, he's good as gone next year.

Quote:
Quote:
turtle28 wrote:

Lol they have had two years to come in and make a difference, but haven't done anything yet. I'm not including them until they do something. Robinson has the talent to start, he just hasn't stayed healthy. As mentioned above, we are still signing a starting ILB, and drafting a talented guy in the draft.
it's the same exact circumstance. They're stuck behind veteran OL that Forester and Shanahan trust. You must not know Shanahan. He is t going to bench his veteran OL in favor of a rookie mid season.

You keep saying you're not including them, until they do something. Yet they're stuck behind vets that Shanahan and Forester adore.

Then you talk about the talent you're beloved Longhorn has, yet he hasn't shown anything either and can't even stay healthy enough to even make it through his second training camp.

ILB is by far one of the biggest question marks on this team. Gotta be addressed early in the draft, we need a difference maker at ILB, not a one armed softy, a journeyman or a late round pick.

Quote:
Quote:
Free Agency:

turtle28 wrote:

Yeah this one probably won't happen, more wishful thinking than anything, since he probably won't switch to RT for us. Will probably end up switching this on my next update.
there's a few RTs we could get, but to be honest, we may look at getting a RT prospect in the 3rd round like Hurst from UNC to develop. With the way Polumbus has surprisingly been playing this year though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shanahan keep Polumbus RT.

Other options are Eric Winston and Ryan Harris.

Quote:
Quote:

turtle28 wrote:

Yep very good depth, brings a different dimension to our Dline with his size, and we got a difference maker in Hageman. I don't care where Starks is from, would rather just get guys that would help the team more.
how is a guy who brings no pass rush and can't penetrate an offensive line going to help the team more than a guy who gets 4 sacks a year from the 3-4 DE position and can penetrate the OL and make tackles in the backfield.

Everyone wants to upgrade the DE position but they don't really out the resources into it. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Quote:
Quote:

turtle28 wrote:

Nah I'm good on taking an ILB there at this point. Jordan can be a starter for a few seasons, and once we get all our draft picks back next year, I would be down for taking an ILB early if K. Robinson doesn't show much.
I was actually just thinking that the Chiefs and Reid aren't going to let him go. The more I think of it, there's no way we're getting him. I think it's likely Barnett is back and we draft an ILB high because they know they can't trust Robinson to stay healthy.

Quote:
Quote:

turtle28 wrote:
Lol yep definitely meant Wilson, late night typo. I'm guessing at his age, and given that he's not an ideal sized CB, he will be able to be had for a solid deal without breaking the bank.
yeah, I hope the same. Mknight has been talking about making him a priority but I'm not sure if that will be the case because of his age, but if the deal makes sense, I think we could get him.

That being said, he could be in a situation like Akeem Jordan where the organization doesn't want him to leave (especially given Tillman's age) and the Bears make re-signing Jennings a big priority.

I actually like signing a guy like Brandon Browner better. A big physical CB that wrs have problems getting off the line against, he's great in run support and since the Seahawks made signing Sherman a priority, I think it's likely Browner will be gone and we can sign him.

Quote:
Quote:

Highlights:

turtle28 wrote:

Likely going to be too much money on those two players. With Hankerson improving a little bit, I have us taking a guy like Britt that will probably take over Morgans role. He could potentially be a good number 2 WR, or just be a better version of Morgan for us. He will be a very cheap signing with a potential high reward, I'm willing to take a risk on it.
yes, but why bring a guy like Britt into our lockeroom?

It was like bringing in Haynesworth into out lockeroom. No thanks.

If we do anything, bring in a good vet who's not had any off the field problems and will be a good influence in the lockeroom. Not a troublemaker.

Quote:
Quote:
Draft:
turtle28 wrote:

Is this similar to him not playing rookies, Not drafting underclassman, and not taking WR's early? I've seen all these comments used by you about Shanahans coaching tenancies, and proven each of them to be false...REGARDLESS I have us taking an OG/C in the 3rd round which is a borderline mid round pick.
Shanahan played his rookie #2 overall pick Qb right away who he traded up to get. He played Alfred Morris for good reason because he saw a lot of Terrell Davis in Alfred.

Then there is Kerrigan who played because we really didn't have another true OLB but Orakpo on the roster in 2011.

Quote:
Quote:
Round 2

Highlights:
turtle28 wrote:
I like it

Perfect than what is the issue with him starting as a rookie? It's not uncommon for a high pick at DE to start as a rookie..
if he's going to be like Watt or Cameron Jordan, we won't be able to select him.

It's pretty uncommon for a 3-4 DE to be selected in the 2nd round or later and for them to come in and start if the team has veterans such as Bowen and Jarvis Jenkins already on the team. If Bowen is gone, then it's a possibility, but I still think it's a long shot.

Quote:
Quote:
Round 3

turtle28 wrote:

Disagree, Steen has OG/C ability, and has the quickness needed to play in our scheme. Chester, and Kory L are TERRIBLE! If you can't pass block you gotta go...That is kinda the point of having a FRANCHISE QB.
well that's never been the Shanahan way and again, we have LeRibeus, I don't see them giving up on him and drafting another OG so high.

Why haven't you suggested drafting a young OT? We only have one young OT (Compton) and we really, really don't know what we have there. We also have no clue about Polumbus' future.

Quote:
Quote:
Round 4

Highlights:
turtle28 wrote:
Nope Davis plays in both the slot and on the outside for Texas. They utilize him more outside, and he definitely can play either in the NFL. Would be a tremendous value in the 4th round.

As for your analysis on Davis last night, it is very interesting to say the least. I'm rewatching the play you claim to be a broken coverage as I type this. HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT A BROKEN COVERAGE? Texas is in a 4 WR set on the play, the CB covering Davis is 7 yards off the line of scrimmage since he knows he has no safety playing deep on the play. Davis got 5 yards of separation on the play with a well done fake/stutter in his route to make the CB freeze in his coverage, then ran right by him for the 50 yard TD. That is a beautiful route, not a broken coverage. Nice try..

How about the very nice sideline catch that Davis made with a defender absolutely destroying him when he was defenseless?

You also didn't see Goodwin as a draftable player last season until I got on you about it. Davis didn't have a dominating performance, but was much better than the numbers showed, which were still solid. Scouting a guy saying he isn't starter material after 1 game isn't exactly a great way to scout either...

You are also not factoring in how bad Case McCoy is at QB. He missed Davis numerous times in the game on easy passes. Davis was open on a deep route in the first half that was an easy long TD, but McCoy just couldn't get the ball there. I know it is hard to believe, but RG3 has a tremendous deep ball when healthy, which is something that would go together great with Davis's ability to get open on deep routes.
He still doesn't look as polished as some other receivers like the LSU receivers though. They run great nfl routes.

I don't really have a problem selecting Davis here but I still think you're overhyping him some, just as you did last year with Goodwin.

Quote:
Quote:
Round 5

Highlights:
turtle28 wrote:

See above comments regarding ILB. As for Safety you get on me for saying we need new O-line, but we have two talented ROOKIES at Safety, yet we need more talent...nice logic sir Laughing
we need a playmaking ILB, not just a thumper like Borland. I like Borland, but we need a guy like Christian Jones, Yarwin Smallwood or Skov who really make a lot of plays.

You know, someone who can stay healthy and make plays. Not a hope that Keenan will stay healthy.

The problem at safety is Phillip Thomas' injury. The 2nd time in 3 years that he's had a major foot injury.

It's just like Keenan, if you have a player who keeps getting injured at the position, you have to bring in someone else I case that player can never stay healthy.

Rambo is ok, but he hasn't made one play that should make anyone think he's the starting answer long term for us and can be someone we can count on to be a starter next year.

Quote:
Quote:
Round 6

Highlights:
turtle28 wrote:

Nope terrible idea to have him replace Moss. Archer is very limited at WR, and display hardly any ball skills. He has size issues, and drop issues. He is purely a gadget player/kick returner that could be dangerous with a couple touches a game in space.
you just described Chris Thompson. I just don't see us drafting a similar player who won't contribute much on offense and can really only do one thing on special teams.

Quote:
Quote:
Round 7
turtle28 wrote:

I disagree, he should fit just fine. As for LeRibeus and Gettis, if they show something by the end of the year, I will factor them into my offseason, but until then they aren't really in my consideration. They have both been healthy and haven't shown anything.
I still don't understand the philosophy other than you have way more faith in your Texas Longhorn drafted players than others.

Players can't play if they're stuck behind veterans and OL isn't like other positions where they out multiple players out there like Wrs, LBs etc.

Quote:
Quote:

Offense
turtle28 wrote:
He's played both at Texas.
Quote:
turtle28 wrote:
Didn't do a full depth chart, he'd still be here. Trying to decide who I think is better out of Chester/Kory L. Both suck in pass coverage, and wouldn't mind seeing both gone in the next couple seasons. This is what sucks about not seeing what LeRibeus/Gettis can do. I hope they get some time in the coming weeks to show if they are startable, or if we need to completely overhaul the line. As for Albert, I will likely switch him out of my next update as he probably won't want to play RT.
oh ok

Quote:
Quote:
turtle28 wrote:

See above regarding Archer.
I just don't see the point in replacing Thompson with Thompson. That's basically what you're suggesting we do.

I mean in full disclosure I'm already a bit upset with the coaching staff for dumping Banks last year and having no true plan when they did that.

It seems like now that they cut Banks to then sign a worse version of Banks in Chris Thompson.

Chris Thompson will get anther shot before we go drafting another kick returner.

I thought Archer was a better receiver, but I trust you on receivers and if you say he can't be a slot receiver, then I don't see the need in that pick.

Quote:
Quote:
Defense
turtle28 wrote:

Nope...Hageman has tons of talent, I still think Jenkins has some talent to work with in a rotation, and Branch gives us much needed size, and can clog some gaps...Gives us a little extra versatility. I'd rather not shell out a HUGE contract for Starks. I'm not paying a guy on the back end of his career that much money who is going to a team that is still putting the pieces together. Terrible move if we sign him to a big deal. Don't like it at all.
Alan Branch has done nothing. Bowen will be here anyways, given how much $ we still owe him.

Quote:
Quote:
turtle28 wrote:

Lol so you don't want to upgrade OG, but we according to you have no talent at FS when we have two talented rookies that can play either safety spot, and Merriweather, who can play either Safety spot. Good luck signing Byrd. Can't wait to take on that HUGE contract, will be great when we try to retain our players down the road..

As for Biggers I wouldn't mind having him come back as a number 4/5 CB next season.

Rob Jackson would still be here, as you can see I didn't do a complete depth chart, but yeah he'd still be here.
Two talented young safeties?

One guy can't stay healthy and the other guy hasn't proven anything. They need developed, we need a starter a a good starter at FS if we have any hopes of making this defense a lot better.

Just look at all the top defenses, they all have better safety play than us.

Quote:
Quote:
Special Teams
turtle28 wrote:

Either way works could sign one too, but it's really not hard to find a punter as a UDFA either.
well, at least we can agree on that! Laughing
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If im not mistaken Shanny doesnt sign FAs in their 30s. I know we signed Nick Barnett last year, but that was a desperate move after Robinson went down! I wouldnt even consider FAs that are 29 and over for that reason!

I think we will target guys like Sam Sheilds, Jarius Byrd, Aquib Talib, Hakeem Nicks..etc because they are young! The concern I have is giving these guys top money! Nicks and Byrd are going to want huge money, but you guys know Snyder!!! He doesnt mind to spend mony!

I know alot of you guys want DEs....I would like to see us invest in a bigger space eating NT and slide Cofield to end! I think Cofield has done an amazing job at NT, but I feel he might play even better at end!! I really like Jenkins because of his ability to play the run! The run D is drastically better since his return! Lets also not forget Carriker will be back in the mix next year which will add depth the Dline!

We are going to have to find a reliabale slot reciever!! RG3 is really throwing to 2 recievers right now Reed and Garcon. Hankerson gets a few balls, but really we have 2 viable recieving threats! Moss is one of my all time favorites, but he is done!!!! Who ever they find to play the slot needs to be able to return punts and kick offs!!! I have never seen an NFL team with worse special teams!!! Its imbarrasing!!

The secondary.....OMG what a bag of turds!!! Wilson, Biggers, and Murphy have to be up graded. We need to draft a corner and sign one in FA! I think Amerson will be a probowler one day and Hall has earned another contract! We will need to sign a FA safety! Im not sure I would give Byrd a max contract, but the position needs to be upgraded and let Rambo and Thomas develop behind a vet!

ILB has to be our 2nd round pick!!! ILB is prolly the most important position in a 34 D, and our are not playing very well!! I like Yawin Smallwood. I guess Christian Jones could play ILB in a 34 even though he has been moved to DE at FSU and plays much better with his hand in the dirt! I wouldnt mind to bring someone in to push Riley...I think his game has slipped alot htis year!!
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd round: Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
3rd round: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
4th round: Brandon Cooks, WR, Oregon State
5th round: Cameron Fleming, OT, Stanford
6th round: Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
7th round: T.J. Jones, WR, Notre Dame

Our offensive draft picks on the interior OL needs to step in and take over. LeReibus and Gettis need to get in there. Chester is just not cutting it and neither is Lichtensteiger. Both susceptible to the pass rush and are not capable of reacting to blitzes.

In the run they are fine, but seriously. Gotta see what the young guys can do. Maybe even put Tom Compton at RT and see what he's got.

Hall has earned his keep and should be kept around.

Wilson and Biggers need to go. Murphy would be camp fodder. Rambo and Thomas need to really work hard this off season and be productive tandem for the future.

If we lose Orakpo, look for Jackson Jeffcoat to step in. Better 3-4 suited pass rusher.

We are going to have a lot of room for free agents. I can feel that we are going to get a WR, a CB and potentially a S. While also adding a few key vets on the OL and DL.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
2nd round: Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut
3rd round: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
4th round: Brandon Cooks, WR, Oregon State
5th round: Cameron Fleming, OT, Stanford
6th round: Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
7th round: T.J. Jones, WR, Notre Dame

Our offensive draft picks on the interior OL needs to step in and take over. LeReibus and Gettis need to get in there. Chester is just not cutting it and neither is Lichtensteiger. Both susceptible to the pass rush and are not capable of reacting to blitzes.

In the run they are fine, but seriously. Gotta see what the young guys can do. Maybe even put Tom Compton at RT and see what he's got.

Hall has earned his keep and should be kept around.

Wilson and Biggers need to go. Murphy would be camp fodder. Rambo and Thomas need to really work hard this off season and be productive tandem for the future.

If we lose Orakpo, look for Jackson Jeffcoat to step in. Better 3-4 suited pass rusher.

We are going to have a lot of room for free agents. I can feel that we are going to get a WR, a CB and potentially a S. While also adding a few key vets on the OL and DL.

Dude that draft is sexual!!! addressed alot of needs!! I think you ment Brandon Jenkins would step in at OLB if Orakpo left! I think this draft is crazy deep at CB and we could get a real steal in the 3rd Round!! So many QBs will be atken in the first round will push some serious talent into the 2nd and 3rd rounds!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 11 of 20

Jump to: