Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: 2014 NFL Draft Thread Reply with quote

Round 2-47: AJ Johnson, ILB, Tennessee
Round 3-79: Cedric Ogbuehi, RT, Texas A&M
Round 4-111: Antone Exum, CB/FS, Va Tech
Round 5-143: Jeoffery Pagan, DE, Alabama
Round 6-175: Trey DePriest, ILB, Alabama
Round 7-207: TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: I'm bored... Way Toooo Early Redskins Mock Draft Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

If we fail to grab a talented WR again in this upcoming draft like this mock suggests, I sincerely hope the redskins trade RG3 so he can go to a team that is willing to surround him with playmakers.

Garcon is a solid playmaker at WR...after that everyone else at the position is just another guy that isn't going to really make plays at the position.

Josh Morgan has done little to earn the contract he was given and shouldn't be a number 2 WR, and shouldn't be back on the team next year unless he is brought back at a very low price.

Hankerson makes a few catches a game but doesn't make many plays that are expected of a number 2 WR.

Moss is on his last legs doubt he comes back.

Robinson can't catch and is one dimensional.

Why draft 2 ILB's? Perry Riley has been solid for us. I'd rather draft one and try to sign someone through free agency for depth or resign Barnett if he plays well.

We also have a bunch invested in our secondary I'd rather let our young guys show what they have then draft another guy that early.

OL/WR/ILB/DL have to be our main targets through free agency and the draft.

Tevin Reese is a potential replacement for moss that might be able to be drafted in 3rd/4th round. He has Desean Jackson type ability as a deep threat.

Otherwise I'd like to draft Lee, Coleman, Mike Davis or Antwan Goodley if any are there in the 2nd round. Goodley might not declare but he is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects at WR. All of the receivers have the ability to make plays down field/after the catch which we need badly as Garcon is the only WR that can currently do so consistently.

Watching Terrance Williams, Marquise Goodwin, and Keenan Allen this week has only solidified my thoughts prior to last draft that we should have drafted one of them. We easily could have traded a future pick to land one of them in the 3rd round. I hope we don't make the same mistake again this year..
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: I'm bored... Way Toooo Early Redskins Mock Draft Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I hate to say this but ... you think we'll be good enough to be drafting at 47 (2.15)? If the draft were tomorrow, we'd be 4th overall.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: I'm bored... Way Toooo Early Redskins Mock Draft Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

If we fail to grab a talented WR again in this upcoming draft like this mock suggests, I sincerely hope the redskins trade RG3 so he can go to a team that is willing to surround him with playmakers.

Garcon is a solid playmaker at WR...after that everyone else at the position is just another guy that isn't going to really make plays at the position.

Josh Morgan has done little to earn the contract he was given and shouldn't be a number 2 WR, and shouldn't be back on the team next year unless he is brought back at a very low price.

Hankerson makes a few catches a game but doesn't make many plays that are expected of a number 2 WR.

Why draft 2 ILB's? Perry Riley has been solid for us. I'd rather draft one and try to sign someone through free agency for depth or resign Barnett if he plays well.

We also have a bunch invested in our secondary I'd rather let our young guys show what they have then draft another guy that early.

Tevin Reese is a potential replacement for moss that might be able to be drafted in 3rd/4th round. He has Desean Jackson type ability as a deep threat.

Otherwise I'd like to draft Lee, Coleman, Mike Davis or Antwan Goodley if any are there in the 2nd round. Goodley might not declare but he is quickly becoming one of my favorite prospects at WR. All of the receivers have the ability to make plays down field/after the catch which we need badly as Garcon is the only WR that can currently do so consistently.

Watching Terrance Williams, Marquise Goodwin, and Keenan Allen this week has only solidified my thoughts prior to last draft that we should have drafted one of them. We easily could have traded a future pick to land one of them in the 3rd round. I hope we don't make the same mistake again this year..
we won't need to worry about RG3 throwing if we don't get him protection because he'll be injured anyways...

I mean seriously, have you watched the OL this year? That's gotta be the priority for the offense.

I think they sign a FA Wr to complement Garçon and continue to develop Hank, Briscoe and Robinson

I drafted two Ilb's because Fletcher will be gone and we have zero depth

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: I'm bored... Way Toooo Early Redskins Mock Draft Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I hate to say this but ... you think we'll be good enough to be drafting at 47 (2.15)? If the draft were tomorrow, we'd be 4th overall.
Yes. I do, the offense is only going to get better, special teams won't always make horrible mistakes and the defense should continue to play like it's played the past two weeks.

Rg3 is about to break out. I can feel it

Woz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: I'm bored... Way Toooo Early Redskins Mock Draft Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
we won't need to worry about RG3 throwing if we don't get him protection because he'll be injured anyways...

I mean seriously, have you watched the OL this year? That's gotta be the priority for the offense.

Not going to argue your question ... but your draft only has one offensive lineman?

Quote:
I think they sign a FA Wr to complement Garçon and continue to develop Hank, Briscoe and Robinson

Best options (assuming these guys are not re-signed by their current team):
Anquan Boldin
Eric Decker
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks

If they become available, I could see taking a chance on Maclin or Nicks. Yes, they're banged up, but they've got a helluva lot of talent. Decker would be a third option (though, of the four, he's the one I suspect will most likely be re-signed with Maclin being the 2nd most likely). Boldin would be a one or two year place filler. Most likely, a good place filler, but not a stellar one given his age. He's most likely to be available though.
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: I'm bored... Way Toooo Early Redskins Mock Draft Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Yes. I do, the offense is only going to get better, special teams won't always make horrible mistakes and the defense should continue to play like it's played the past two weeks.

Just as a point of reference: your prediction of 6-5 the rest of the way leading to a final record of 7-9? Generally speaking, those teams pick around 10th in the round. Unless you're thinking that there will be a large contingent of 7-9 teams and we'll have the worst SOS of them (very likely) and thus be bumped to the end of the pack in the second?
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: I'm bored... Way Toooo Early Redskins Mock Draft Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Just as a point of reference: your prediction of 6-5 the rest of the way leading to a final record of 7-9? Generally speaking, those teams pick around 10th in the round. Unless you're thinking that there will be a large contingent of 7-9 teams and we'll have the worst SOS of them (very likely) and thus be bumped to the end of the pack in the second?
saints were 7-9 last year and picked 15th. I went by that

tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: I'm bored... Way Toooo Early Redskins Mock Draft Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I drafted two Ilb's because Fletcher will be gone and we have zero depth

Did you not read my priority's for team needs lol

"OL/WR" Literally the first two I listed, so not sure what you are going on about there..

I'm not a fan of the FA WR options...Boldin is old and not someone to build with. Maclin/Nicks have been WAYYYY too injury prone and won't be worth the risk for how much they are going to want in free agency.

The best options that I see at this point would be drafting:
Lee, Coleman, Mike Davis or Antwan Goodley in the 2nd, or hope to get Tevin Reese in the 3rd round.

Antwan Goodley isn't very well known by most right now but here is a rundown on what he brings to the table:
http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/antwan_goodley_713351.html
Antwan Goodley:
5'11"
225lbs.
4.41 electronic 40 time...Plays as fast if not faster than the time indicates
39 inch vert
660lbs squat
10'7" broad jump

He is currently averaging 26.8 yards per reception this season. Already has over 669 yards receiving, and 6 td's through just 5 games. He has had a 60+ yard td reception in each of his last 4 games as well.

He is built like Anquan Boldin. Goodley is a converted RB, so he plays with a very physical style of play, and is a YAC beast in the open field with his size/speed/strength combo. He isn't quite as refined as Boldin was when he came out. He has some work to do with route running, but physically is right there with Boldin except Goodley has WAY more speed and will also be a legit deep threat.

Here's a couple clips of his TD's this year:

I think we should target a solid OL in free agency and draft another one in rounds 2-4, and possibly target another one late in the draft.

As for ILB like I said draft one, sign one for depth/possibly keep Barnett if he shows something.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the year to move up!!!! Its looking like we will be picking pretty high in the second round, so I would give our 3rd and 4th to get another second and pick:

2nd Kyle fuller CB VT
2nd Ryan Shazier ILB OSU

We need quality players that can start....fill others holes in FA
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: I'm bored... Way Toooo Early Redskins Mock Draft Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Not going to argue your question ... but your draft only has one offensive lineman?
True, but I'm not sure we draft another guard yet, we just drafted two in last years draft, we have to see what Gettis and LeRibeus can do first before drafting more mid round guards. That's why I took a solid talent at Rt. I like Compton, but the fact that they don't feel he's a better option than Polumbus at the moment is very troubling to me. Of course, that could just be Shanahan being stubborn and wanting to play one of his old offensive lineman from Denver.

Quote:
Quote:

Best options (assuming these guys are not re-signed by their current team):
Anquan Boldin
Eric Decker
Jeremy Maclin
Hakeem Nicks

If they become available, I could see taking a chance on Maclin or Nicks. Yes, they're banged up, but they've got a helluva lot of talent. Decker would be a third option (though, of the four, he's the one I suspect will most likely be re-signed with Maclin being the 2nd most likely). Boldin would be a one or two year place filler. Most likely, a good place filler, but not a stellar one given his age. He's most likely to be available though.
[/quote] Decker and Nicks will probably cost a pretty penny, but of course Morgan wasn't cheap and he hasn't given us hardly anything.

I'd be more pleased with getting Maclin at an affordable rate. If he can return healthy from his knee injury - which I believe he will, he could be a steal and an awesome #2 to go with Garçon.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: I'm bored... Way Toooo Early Redskins Mock Draft Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:

Did you not read my priority's for team needs lol

"OL/WR" Literally the first two I listed, so not sure what you are going on about there..
Yeah you list OL but then say oh lets just bring guys in through FA and I don't see any guys in FA that I love along the OL and I see a few wrs who can be great #2's - Decker, Nicks and Maclin

Quote:
I'm not a fan of the FA WR options...Boldin is old and not someone to build with. Maclin/Nicks have been WAYYYY too injury prone and won't be worth the risk for how much they are going to want in free agency.
you don't like Nicks (and taking him from the NYG) and Decker? You gotta be kidding me. If Phily had Maclin right now they'd impossible to stop.

Quote:
The best options that I see at this point would be drafting:
Lee, Coleman, Mike Davis or Antwan Goodley in the 2nd, or hope to get Tevin Reese in the 3rd round.

Antwan Goodley isn't very well known by most right now but here is a rundown on what he brings to the table:
http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/antwan_goodley_713351.html
Antwan Goodley:
5'11"
225lbs.
4.41 electronic 40 time...Plays as fast if not faster than the time indicates
39 inch vert
660lbs squat
10'7" broad jump

He is currently averaging 26.8 yards per reception this season. Already has over 669 yards receiving, and 6 td's through just 5 games. He has had a 60+ yard td reception in each of his last 4 games as well.

He is built like Anquan Boldin. Goodley is a converted RB, so he plays with a very physical style of play, and is a YAC beast in the open field with his size/speed/strength combo. He isn't quite as refined as Boldin was when he came out. He has some work to do with route running, but physically is right there with Boldin except Goodley has WAY more speed and will also be a legit deep threat.

Here's a couple clips of his TD's this year:

I think we should target a solid OL in free agency and draft another one in rounds 2-4, and possibly target another one late in the draft.

As for ILB like I said draft one, sign one for depth/possibly keep Barnett if he shows something.
Do you scout anything but WRs?

I said I didn't see them drafting one last year because the secondary was so bad and I don't see them doing that early on this draft because ILB is this teams biggest need w/o Fletcher.

I don't see what the problem is with targeting a RT in round 3. It could change if we do find someone in FA but I don't really like those options either.

I'm not saying I don't like the WRs in this draft, I do but if we don't get a stud ILB this D isn't going to be good.

Garçon is an explosive WR who's on pace for 112 recs and 1200 YDs. If only this coaching staff and Qb could figure out how to throw passes into the endzone when in the redzone, he might have a few TDs and be on pace for 8 to 10 Tds also.

It's funny after 2011 Kyle complained that we only had WRs who could catch a touchdown pass if it was thrown to them in the endzone, but now he's gone overboard and won't throw to his wrs in the endzone. Most of the time we throw short and expect the WR to run it into the endzone.

Hankerson is making strides every season and quietly locking down the #2 WR spot. I don't see a rookie coming in and being more consistent than him right away unless it was one of the 3 wrs who might go top 15.

Hanks on pace for a 55 catch, 900 yd, 5 to 6 TD season in his first year as a starter.

I think we keep Moss in his current role and "could" sign a WR like those Woz listed if Hank doesn't continue to progress this season (but Boldin).

Moss may have lost a step but even so he's on pace for 50 recs, 750 YDs and 3 or 4 Tds

We still have Aldrick Robinson developing which most likely a mid to late round WR won't be better than and we have Dez Briscoe who can be a decent possession WR for us.

I'm not really saying WR is a bad selection, I just think you overrate these guys immediate impact and you did so last year also and continue to do so.

Aldrick Robinson is still that burner who can stretch the field with his speed.
Imo he and Goodwin are about equal but Goodwin has more opportunities because he doesn't have the veterans infront of him that Robinson does. Morgan and moss keep Robinson off the field at the moment.

If our QB wasn't working out the kinks the first half of this season, I think these three wrs would have a handful more catches and possibly Garçon could have a TD or 2 also.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would sign Decker in a heart beat, and Nicks to snag him from the Giants, but his injuries scare me as do Jeremy Maclin.

I can see us going after RT in the 2nd round. Like Cameron Erving from Florida State.

A.J. Johnson is a first round talent right now and there are a few teams that could be in position to landing him.

In the 3rd round, Andrew Jackson, WKU, or if Ryan Shazier falls.

As far as if we look at WR, Cody Hoffman from BYU would be a nice addition. One guy not to overlook would be Jared Abbrederis from Wisconsin.

If we were smart, we would trade Fred Davis to the Patriots for a 4th round pick. They need a TE and we have an extra one with Reed seeing the field more than Davis.

Team needs as I see it:

RT
ILB
CB
WR

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I would sign Decker in a heart beat, and Nicks to snag him from the Giants, but his injuries scare me as do Jeremy Maclin.

I can see us going after RT in the 2nd round. Like Cameron Erving from Florida State.
I'd like it but I don't see Shanahan ever taking a RT prospect that high, even in round 3 is stretching to be honest as I can only think of Ryan Harris who he drafted that high.

Quote:
A.J. Johnson is a first round talent right now and there are a few teams that could be in position to landing him.
yeah, a little wishful thinking by me but when I looked at CBS and drafttek, they had him around there.

In the 3rd round, Andrew Jackson, WKU, or if Ryan Shazier falls.

As far as if we look at WR, Cody Hoffman from BYU would be a nice addition. One guy not to overlook would be Jared Abbrederis from Wisconsin.

If we were smart, we would trade Fred Davis to the Patriots for a 4th round pick. They need a TE and we have an extra one with Reed seeing the field more than Davis.

Team needs as I see it:

RT
ILB
CB
WR[/quote]like overall? You don't think we need to upgrade FS?

MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see us draft Kevin Friend, RT, UCONN in the 7th. He's a friend of mine's little brother so it would be really cool for me to see him become a Redskin. He was getting some scouting attention before the year started but he's been banged up a little. He's been told by scouts though they believe he'll be a late round pick because of his size and athleticism, he's 6'8" 305 lbs, he's probably the biggest person I've ever met in real life.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 20 tackles, 1 FF, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 14 catches, 150 rec yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: