Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7: VIKINGS (1-4) vs. Giants (0-6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SodakViking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
SodakViking wrote:
this providence wrote:
On this roster, who's well above average (league-wide) at their position?

(Hint: that list is very short)

I have no idea why people continue to say this is a talented team. And it looks even worse projecting into next season.

It's hard to be well above average when so many are so young. just my .02.

Really? There are other teams (with more talent, so less opportunity), with impact rookies, or 2nd year players, or 3rd year players......

On offense, Peterson and Sullivan. (maybe Kalil but not this year, probably Jennings but it is hard to tell)

On defense, Allen probably and Smith.

On special teams, Walsh (can't say on Locke yet)

That's it. With lots of first rounders, and lots of high picks.

Where are the 2nd-7th round gems? Where are they? They are a run first team, that had just signed Jennings, had HUGE GAPING holes at OG and LB, and he trades up for another WR? Oh, and this isn't hindsight....some people have been begging for OG and LB help for some time....

Rudolph- 2nd round
Sullivan was a 6th round pick i believe.
Walsh- 6th round
Sherels- undrafted
Mauti, Hodges, Locke, Childs, Wright, Blanton, Baca, Ellison are all undecided.

I have no idea if Spielman is at fault. It's really hard to say if he is to blame for any draft besides the past 2 years.

Part of me wants to clean house top to bottom just so i have something to be optimistic about.

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Lack of talent??? It's lack of coaching. HC, OC, DC, and ST are all horrible. There are many pro bowlers on this team and every team has it's holes but the talent is there, the coaching is not. Plain and simple

Aside from the pro bowl is a joke in of itself. Who do we have as pro bowlers on this team outside of potentially AP, Walsh, and Smith?

Joe_is_the_best ^^
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudolph is over rated, imo. He's ok, but not above average at all. He just doesn't move well.

So, we give him credit for Sullivan, but say he's only been GM for 2 years, so I can't rip him for earlier drafts? And, I did mention Sullivan as good, didn't I?

Even if I gave you all of that.....how is that a good core?
SodakViking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
Lack of talent??? It's lack of coaching. HC, OC, DC, and ST are all horrible. There are many pro bowlers on this team and every team has it's holes but the talent is there, the coaching is not. Plain and simple

Aside from the pro bowl is a joke in of itself. Who do we have as pro bowlers on this team outside of potentially AP, Walsh, and Smith?

Sullivan, Kalil, Felton,

Allen potentially

Greenway is always close, although not sure about this year.

twslhs20 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

Was Kalil a Pro- Bowler last season? OR an alternate?

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
Vikefan79

twslhs20 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

Kalil, Felton, Rudolph, and Allen?
twslhs20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always forget about Felton. Sully has been playing well.

Allen is walking after this season so that isn't any concern of mine.

Kalil isn't playing at a pro bowl level this season. I'm not sure whats wrong with him. The whole line is a mess aside from Sully, and maybe Kalil.

So 5 potential guys by my count.

This team, for the most part, is severely devoid of talent.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson
Jerome Felton
Greg Jennings
Cordaralle Patterson
Kyle Rudolph
John Sullivan
Matt Kalil
Phil Loadholt
Brian Robison
Everson Griffen
Sharrif Floyd
Xavier Rhodes
Harrison Smith

Those guys are in their primes or have bright futures. Definitely our cornerstones. You also have guys like Fred Evans, Jamarca Sanford, and Jarius Wright who add great depth in the two deeps. There also a few unknowns including Gerald Hodges, Michael Mauti, Greg Childs, Robert Blanton, and Jeff Baca. This notion that this team is void of talent is nonsense.

The biggest problem with the team is clearly coaching. Between preparation, personnel decisions and scheming, they just can't get it done. This team doesn't develop talent very well and they refuse to admit mistakes. Several players are playing out of position or are underutilized. It's just a huge mess right now, but the talent is there.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drives

Down 3: 4 pass, 2 run (33%)
Up 4: 2 pass, 1 run (33%), run by Cordarelle
Down 3: 4 pass, 3 run (43%)
Down 3: 2 pass, 1 run (33%)
Down 3: 4 pass, 1 run (20%)
Down 3: 1 pass, 1 run (50%) end of half
Down 3: 3 pass, 0 run (0 %)
Down 3: 1 pass, 1 run (50%), freemann interception.
Down 10: 4 pass, 2 run (33%)
Down 16: 12 pass, 1 run (7%) started with 11 minutes to play
Down 16: 11 pass, 0 run started with 4:20 to play
Down 16: 7 Pass, 0 run started with 1:20 to play

Sumary: 23 pass and 11 run when 1 score game. (32%)
39 pass and 14 run with game still within reach. (26%)

Is that the way to call a game with having to work in a new QB? Is tgat using your weapons to its fullest? Is that putting players in goid positions?
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiss_vike wrote:
The drives

Down 3: 4 pass, 2 run (33%)
Up 4: 2 pass, 1 run (33%), run by Cordarelle
Down 3: 4 pass, 3 run (43%)
Down 3: 4 pass, 1 run (20%)
Down 3: 1 pass, 1 run (50%) end of half
Down 3: 3 pass, 0 run (0 %)
Down 3: 1 pass, 1 run (50%), freemann interception.
Down 10: 4 pass, 2 run (33%)
Down 16: 12 pass, 1 run (7%) started with 11 minutes to play
Down 16: 11 pass, 0 run started with 4:20 to play
Down 16: 7 Pass, 0 run started with 1:20 to play

Sumary: 23 pass and 11 run when 1 score game. (32%)
39 pass and 14 run with game still within reach. (26%)

Is that the way to call a game with having to work in a new QB? Is tgat using your weapons to its fullest? Is that putting players in goid positions?

Just.
Awful.
Coaching.
twslhs20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil Loadholt ?

Excuse me?

Wut?

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it was an ugly performance by the whole team, I was glad to see they started Freeman and gave him a lot of pass attempts. They need to see what we have in him as a possible QB of the future. I wasn't expecting much, due to the short time he has had to learn the offense.

The lack of accuracy was disturbing, but we will see if that improves as he gets more time in the offense.

As most of us thought going into the game, the Ponder era is over, so there was no reason to put him in the game, barring an injury to Freeman.

This season is over anyway, so it makes sense to do what we can to figure out the QB situation going forward.

I still have hope for Freeman. We will just have to see if things get better as the rest of the season goes on.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Adrian Peterson
Jerome Felton
Greg Jennings
Cordaralle Patterson
Kyle Rudolph
John Sullivan
Matt Kalil
Phil Loadholt
Brian Robison
Everson Griffen
Sharrif Floyd
Xavier Rhodes
Harrison Smith

Those guys are in their primes or have bright futures. Definitely our cornerstones. You also have guys like Fred Evans, Jamarca Sanford, and Jarius Wright who add great depth in the two deeps. There also a few unknowns including Gerald Hodges, Michael Mauti, Greg Childs, Robert Blanton, and Jeff Baca. This notion that this team is void of talent is nonsense.

The biggest problem with the team is clearly coaching. Between preparation, personnel decisions and scheming, they just can't get it done. This team doesn't develop talent very well and they refuse to admit mistakes. Several players are playing out of position or are underutilized. It's just a huge mess right now, but the talent is there.

I agree UNO. Like I said above, we have a lot of talent on this team. We have had problems with coaching for how long now??? This team has had the talent for a while now it's just we either have bad coaching or a bad QB. You saw what a good QB could do with this team in 09. I mean you really are blind if you don't see talent on this roster. Frazier has no control of this team, musgrave is getting even worse if that's possible, Williams' Tampa 2 is awful, and our ST coordinator has 0 common sense.

There's holes on every team, that's going to happen. But in no way shape or form is this team lacking talent. Jacksonville, Oakland, and Cleveland....those are teams lacking talent.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:

I agree. I think the coaches have lost this team and noone is buying into what Frazier is saying anymore. Green Bay is going to beat us badly and Viking fans will want some heads to roll.
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:

I agree. I think the coaches have lost this team and noone is buying into what Frazier is saying anymore. Green Bay is going to beat us badly and Viking fans will want some heads to roll.

I wanted heads to roll after this week.

skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37

Jump to: