You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7: VIKINGS (1-4) vs. Giants (0-6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
I actually think that Matt Cassel will be the starter.

As I've stated before, Quartebacking isn't our biggest problem right now. Cassel will get one more opprotunity, and if we take another L against a no win, it's more convenient to move onto Freeman. Similar to Ponders injury.

In the process you get Freeman a solid 3 weeks of perpetration to take on an ailing and beatable Green Bay team.

I think it will be Freeman. Right now Freeman has frazier's job in his hands. He needs him to succeed to give us and himself hope for another year.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Giants should end their 6 game losing streak here.

If you can't throw all over this defense, then you simply can't be a starting QB in this league. Our pass defense is a joke. Victor Cruz is going to be salsa dancing all night.

I feel bad for the NFL that they have to televise such a horrid game on MNF.

34 Giants 17 Vikings

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We win this in a blow-out. Eli gets cut, we pick him up and play him against the Packers.

Well, I think we win this.

Take Joe Mixon.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to twitter this morning if Freeman isn't ready to go, Ponder will start. Laughing

I think there is a 99% chance that Freeman starts, but I'm glad it's Ponder and not Cassel.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Vikings start Ponder over Cassel then I think that Frazier can kiss the locker room goodbye. And this isn't a detraction on Ponder or how the players feel about him, but how the coaching staff is handling the QB position.

Two weeks ago Frazier stated that Ponder would play if he was healthy, Ponder was cleared to play last week, but the coaches named Cassel the starter, essentially benching Christian Ponder. You cannot go back to Ponder because Cassel had a bad game of his own, only to switch quarterbacks again a week later.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
If the Vikings start Ponder over Cassel then I think that Frazier can kiss the locker room goodbye. And this isn't a detraction on Ponder or how the players feel about him, but how the coaching staff is handling the QB position.

Two weeks ago Frazier stated that Ponder would play if he was healthy, Ponder was cleared to play last week, but the coaches named Cassel the starter, essentially benching Christian Ponder. You cannot go back to Ponder because Cassel had a bad game of his own, only to switch quarterbacks again a week later.

don't worry, all these coaches will be gone soon enough so we don't have to worry about this anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman will be the starter with Ponder playing the backup.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Report_Josh_Freeman_to_start_if_ready_if_not_Christian_Ponder_will101613

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's actually the right order. Cassel has never been a better option than Ponder. Ponder is certainly inconsistent as well and is clearly not the answer, but he's better than Cassel.

I'll be interested to see how Freeman fares. At worst, he'll be just as inconsistent as they are.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Fran on this one. This puts Freeman and the team in a bad situation and comes off as extremely desperate.

This move makes more sense if our QB play was crippling the team, and outside of the Chicago game that hasn't been the case. With the way the defense is playing, the team is going to have to put up 35+ points to win games. That just isn't realistic for Freeman after two weeks.

I suppose you can still evaluate Freeman in a losing effort, but it's hard to justify going forward with him if we can't win games. Overall, the organization is a mess right now and this reeks of desperation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperate times call for desperate measures. If you believe that Ponder and Cassel aren't long term starters, there isn't a single negative consequence on giving Freeman a shot at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I'll be interested to see how Freeman fares. At worst, he'll be just as inconsistent as they are.

Given his lack of familiarity with the coaches, scheme, and receivers, and the fact that he is a question mark in the first place... I think he could play significantly worse than Ponder and Cassel right out the door. I would expect that to improve with time, but this week could be really bad. In fact, I think the next several games will require the fans to have some MAJOR patience.
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Fobos wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Given his lack of familiarity with the coaches, scheme, and receivers, and the fact that he is a question mark in the first place... I think he could play significantly worse than Ponder and Cassel right out the door. I would expect that to improve with time, but this week could be really bad. In fact, I think the next several games will require the fans to have some MAJOR patience.

Honestly I don't think the offense will be any worse than last week. Playing a team that's very bad against and pass. What is significantly worse than Cassel last week?

Outside of the last drive which he was 6-9 and 89 yards against backups and 3rd string players he was 26-35 for 152 yards, 0 TD 2 INT. High completion percentage but a mix of check downs, screens and passes short of the sticks.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect a monster game from Peterson. Also in passing. Freemann is a geeat screen passer.

Take Joe Mixon.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
Sir Fobos wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Honestly I don't think the offense will be any worse than last week. Playing a team that's very bad against and pass. What is significantly worse than Cassel last week?

Outside of the last drive which he was 6-9 and 89 yards against backups and 3rd string players he was 26-35 for 152 yards, 0 TD 2 INT. High completion percentage but a mix of check downs, screens and passes short of the sticks.

I really can't even remember one good looking pass from Cassell all game. Everything was an ordinary pass

I'm okay going in this game with Freeman as the starter and Ponder as the backup. It really can't get much worse.

I'll be surprised though if we win this game.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 3 of 37

Jump to: