You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week-12 Panters vs Dolphins
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Week-12 Panters vs Dolphins Reply with quote

Teams: Panthers vs Dolphins
Places: Sunny South Florida
Time: 1:00 pm

Both teams coming off wins from last week (Thank you Cam Newton and Panthers for beating the Pats on Monday Night) The Panthers are the 5th seed and are playing to stay in the playoff hunt. Dolphins are the 7th seed team and need to win to stay in the hunt a loss will place them in a 4 way tie with 3 other teams (but could potentially eliminate them from the playoffs depending on how things fall, the Dolphins could drop to the 10th seed team which IMHO would eliminate them from any hope of playoff birth)

The Panthers are a better team, but the Dolphins have played better against teams with winning records, seems like we drop the ball against second rate teams. This is a battle in the trenches and which ever O/Dline's shows is gonna win this one, I do not see a high scoring game, unless one team just does not show up for this match up.

Panthers: 17
Dolphins: 20

Adopt a Phins 2016 #1 pick
ChosenOne3188

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see how we win this game without getting some sort of rushing game. We havent been able to run against bad teams, what makes us think that we can run against one of the best defenses in the league?

My prediction: Our running game will be shut down once again. Tannehill will be on his back for the majority of the game, as usual. Panthers win easily, 24-7.

If we can some how get our rushing game going, we might have a shot. But without it, this will be an easy win for Carolina.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be ugly.... very very ugly

38-13 Panthers - Their front 7 is going to make mince meat of the Oline, Tannehill, and Mike Sherman's horrendous play calling.

We have as close to no chance of winning as you can get. Terrible matchup for Miami.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that we have not scored 30 or more points in a game this season. I went back and found out that has never happened to us in the post Marino era (I decided to not look further back). The latest it took us to reach 30 in a game was Oakland in 2010 in week 12. Next week is week 12. Let's hope we reach it and win after a big game.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My breakdown of the game :

Carolina Panthers

Led by an overrated quarterback Cam Newton. Their primary running attack consists of the the ancient and injury prone DeAngelo Williams who I believe is 43 years old and has an Express Pass at hospital ERs and failed recording producer Jonathan Stewart.

At wide receiver they feature future criminal Steve Smith and Bradon Lafell who has been compared to Calvin Johnson because he is tall. When the Panthers go three wide expect Dolphin castoff Ted Ginn Jr and his family to line up which will result in a penalty for too many players on the field.

Rounding out the receiving corps is Greg Olsen who is the nephew of the Daily Planet photographer Jimmy Olsen.

On defense I haven't heard of any of these players and they all seem to be pick ups off the street. That said my prediction is :

Dolphins 31 Panthers 17

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Kidnapped by the Jaguars in 2015
Joe Philbin " I could take the 2014 New England Patriots and go 8-8 last year"
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers are hot right now, but so were the Bengals....

Time to cool them off....

Dolphins 28 - Panthers - 16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
I noticed that we have not scored 30 or more points in a game this season. I went back and found out that has never happened to us in the post Marino era (I decided to not look further back). The latest it took us to reach 30 in a game was Oakland in 2010 in week 12. Next week is week 12. Let's hope we reach it and win after a big game.

Last year we scored 35 in Week 2 vs Oak and 30 on Week 8 vs the Jets. Not that it matters for this game though. I cannot see us scoring a lot of points against this defense. Carolina is coming from beating SF and NE. So I am almost sure they will win this one as well. Michael Johnson might be out so we may catch a break there. Car 27 Mia 13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:

Led by an overrated quarterback Cam Newton.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam isnt elite, but hes no andy dalton either. That said if they win its cus we couldnt contain him

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the we cooled the Bengals off note

Miami 22
Panters 20
OT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan's coming out party.

Dolphins roll.

Panthers brushed aside. Target Acquired - the New York Jests
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see:
* Panthers 2 headed running attack
* Contributing WRs Smith & TE Olson
* Cam Newton as a dual threat

* Mia Patchwork OL
* Mia Off struggles to consistently put together sustained drives running or passing
* Deff spends 40 min of the gm on the field

Yup we loose this one.
sug
MDolphins2399

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is a match-up nightmare for the Dolphins all over the field.

I only see two ways in which we can win and they are: Play the best game we have all season for 4 quarters, or hope the Panthers still have a big hangover from celebrating their big win over the Patriots on Monday.

Unfortunately neither of those two options are things I'm ready to predict. As both seem highly unlikely based on the state of each team. However, stranger things have happened and a win here would pretty much sum up the mind-numbingly frustrating season this team has had as we lay stink bombs against crap teams and go punch for punch with the strong teams.

Man, I don't even know anymore.

Panthers- 27
Dolphins- 20

wait, in a dolfans world.

Panthers- 24
Dolphins- 30
carlos2104

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically : 31-17 Carolina. My prediction :56-3 Miami
Hurricanes26

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDolphins2399 wrote:
This game is a match-up nightmare for the Dolphins all over the field.

I only see two ways in which we can win and they are: Play the best game we have all season for 4 quarters, or hope the Panthers still have a big hangover from celebrating their big win over the Patriots on Monday.

Unfortunately neither of those two options are things I'm ready to predict. As both seem highly unlikely based on the state of each team. However, stranger things have happened and a win here would pretty much sum up the mind-numbingly frustrating season this team has had as we lay stink bombs against crap teams and go punch for punch with the strong teams.

Man, I don't even know anymore.

Panthers- 27
Dolphins- 20

wait, in a dolfans world.

Panthers- 24
Dolphins- 30

Ok, Omar Kelly.

I could definitely see this being an upset game for Miami, only to take a loss to NY. Would be very Dolphins. Tannehill has a decent chance to outplay Newton and I could see a Colts/Bengals type victory coming from this game definitely.

My reasoning:
QB vs QB
Edge: Carolina, although this could go either way.

Miami running game vs Carolina run d
Edge: Carolina, can't see this being pretty.

Miami passing game vs Carolina pass d
Edge: I could see Miami winning this matchup actually. If Tannehill doesn't turn the ball over I believe our WRs have a good chance at beating their DBs as the unit definitely does have talent. Team appears to have a somewhat weak nickel as well, which would allow Matthews to feast like the TB game. Maybe Wallace and Tannehill will finally connect on that deep ball. Oline has the chance of struggling against the Carolina front 7, but Mike Sherman actually calling rollouts last week gave me hope that he will take a similar approach this week. Actually loved his playcalling last Sunday, call me crazy.

Miami run d vs Carolina running game
Edge: I can't see the Dolphins winning this after the last two weeks.

Miami pass d vs Carolina passing game
Edge: Miami. Miami DBs > Carolina WRs. Steve Smith is not going to light this secondary on fire, neither will Brandon LaFell. I pray to god Ted Ginn won't either. I see the Phins DBs as a much better unit. Think the DL will be able to get to Newton and have a game like they did vs Cincy. The only issues that leaves are Newton's scrambling and the TE. If Coyle is smart, he'll recognize this and have Jordan shadow Olsen similar to Gronk in the NE game, a matchup which he excelled in. All that leaves is what to do vs Newton's running. Maybe use a spy to shut it down, I expect Miami to win this matchup.

Miami ST vs Carolina ST
Edge: Miami.

From a theoretical standpoint, I see these matchups as 50/50. Not sure what writers like Omar are really thinking making this game out to be something impossible. Miami can beat good teams and they have shown that this year, but on a bad day they drop to TB and Buffalo. Could definitely see the upset, but a close game.

24-20 Miami

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: