You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Right on cue this week Ebron is beastin vs the hurricanes tonight

Watch Hurst the LT,,,,UNC got some damn good players...
Yeah your right 5 star recruit good college player quick feet and a lot of experience at RT and LT
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:
Right on cue this week Ebron is beastin vs the hurricanes tonight

Watch Hurst the LT,,,,UNC got some damn good players...
Yeah your right 5 star recruit good college player quick feet and a lot of experience at RT and LT

If the Phins are drafting in the 20's he may be the guy that is still available...

I do like Ebron...a lot...and if they can address some of the line issues in Free Agency (actually sign a top level guy or 2) then I will be all over drafting him and David Yankey or Martin (ND) in the second round.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following is taken directly from my scouting blog. As much as I'd love to just give the link, it wouldn't be right to take you guys elsewhere, so I'll bring it to you! Here's my take on the pro prospects from last night's game:

Quote:
For Miami:

For Stephen Morris, last night's game provided more questions than answers in regard to his pro potential. Where to start? Well the consistent pros I have seen from Morris' game is that he is a very athletic player. He can run and he can evade pass rushers. He also has a big time arm. He throws a very pretty ball and he has a cannon. Some of the downfield passes he threw last night were right on par with his overall resume, and they were 40-50 yards downfield on the money. That's about it for Morris' pros last night. Conversely, Morris displayed sub-par decision making, pocket awareness and footwork last night. UNC had a lot of success generating a-gap pressure, which Morris responded to by forcing throws earlier than they should have been thrown. Compounding the matter was Morris didn't step into a lot of throws, taking zip off the ball and causing it to float high. He had 4 downfield passes beyond 20 yards to the sideline where the ball was overthrown, two of which ended up as half of his four interceptions on the night (he also had another one dropped inside his own 20 in the fourth quarter on a crucial 3rd down). Perhaps the biggest issue I have with Morris from last night isn't his footwork (not stepping into throws), his decision making (forcing the ball, poor reads) or his pocket awareness (being flushed with a pocket intact) but his lack of timing as a passer. Morris didn't seem to hit the back step on his drop and have the ball away more than 4 or 5 times last night for completions. This doesn't bode well for his NFL prospects if the trend continues.

Duke Johnson made his impact felt in the first half before a knee to his helmet rattled his cage and Miami sat him down for the remainder of the game. Unfortunate, I'm hoping he is alright and we'll see him gouging ACC defenses for big yardage again very soon! However, fellow sophomore Dallas Crawford had himself a game in his place. Struggling with 2.7 yards per carry at half, Dallas finished with 33 carries for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns on the night. One of my halftime keys for Miami was to return to the run game, which started promising and Miami abandoned in the 2nd quarter. Well, with Dallas showing good patience behind his blockers, evasive ability and even showing the ability to run with authority and run over some defenders in the secondary, Miami ran 28 times in the 2nd half after just 17 rushes in the 1st. Interestingly enough, Dallas Crawford now has nine touchdowns rushing on the year, with 2 in each of his last FOUR games. This is mostly a moot point as both Dallas and Duke are both pure sophomores. But regardless, I still have to amend my pre-game statement that Duke was the best player on the field last night. But that will come in a minute.

Seantrel Henderson didn't see a TON of game action last night because the Hurricanes were operating on an offensive tackle rotation. When Henderson was on the field, he had success moving guys in the run game. But he did get his name called in the broadcast, and as an offensive linemen that means he either did something spectacular or he missed an assignment. Unfortunately for Seantrel, he missed an assignment. Morris' third pick came with Miami driving deep into UNC territory. Morris dropped back for a screen pass and floated a ball over top of the rushing defensive front. The ball careened off the back of Henderson and into the hands of a diving defender. On closer review, Henderson was the only offensive lineman not to release upfield. Overall, hard to make an effective review on Henderson on such a limited snap basis.

It is not, however, difficult to make an effective review on is LB Denzel Perryman. Perryman made his impact felt early and often. He logged another double digit tackle effort, his 3rd of the season and 2nd straight. Whether it was in the run game (playing downhill, plugging gaps or shooting gaps to make tackles), in pass coverage (was around the receiver twice to make sure tackles and force punts) or in pursuit (sideline to sideline ability, smacking UNC QB Marquise Williams on a scramble) Perryman displayed the kind of skills that you want to see from a middle linebacker prospect. Perryman was the best defender on the field for Miami last night, which shouldn't come to much of a surprise for anyone who's watched him.

For North Carolina:

If we're going to talk about the Tar Heels, its only right to start with TE Eric Ebron. I stated before the game to keep an eye out for him and that he was very dynamic. Somehow I undersold him. Hands down the best player for either team on the field last night, Ebron racked up HUGE numbers, catching eight passes for 199 yards and a touchdown (that being a very impressive 71 yard catch and run breaking a number of tackles along the way). Taking advantage of a defense that seemingly refused to get physical with him, Ebron took free releases off the line of scrimmage and put his speed to use by consistently getting between the linebackers and the safeties to attack the defense. Ebron ran across the middle, up the seam (including his other "wow" play of the game, a seam pass thrown about 2 yards behind him that he torqued in midair to haul in with one hand) and most surprisingly, was extremely effective blocking in the run game. While one game doesn't make a scouting report, Ebron will be a guy I follow extremely closely and if he continues to perform like he did last night, I would expect to see him near the top of any big board.

LT James Hurst was another Tar Heel who played to the level I was expecting to see just from word of mouth. He consistently stonewalled Hurricane pass rushers and produced movement in the run game. However, the Tar Heels as a whole really struggled running the ball, averaging just 2.9 yards per carry on 36 team rushes. Hurst did his part and looks the part, but Miami also doesn't have a premiere pass rusher. Hard to take away anything concrete and definitive, but Hurst held up his end of the bargain.

Unlike Miami QB Stephen Morris, UNC QB Bryn Renner provided more answers than questions in watching him play last night. Unfortunately, the answers aren't all that great. Renner is a gutsy QB, a sneakily good athlete who can run and overall a smart Quarterback. I think mentally he handles and grasps the game much better than Morris at this point. He hits the back of his drop and the ball came out much more frequently than his counterpart, but accuracy was a big, big issue for Renner. His ball placement was essentially non-existent. He floats a number of balls, which is puzzling to me because he showed the ability to drive and drill a ball into a window a handful of times last night, and even going back to what I recall watching take on now Arizona G Jonathan Cooper last year. He doesn't have the natural ability to not be mechanically perfect on throws when they need to be hot, but he wasn't last night. He also made a costly decision which for all intents and purposes, cost UNC the game. After Stephen Morris threw his fourth interception of the night, UNC pressed the issue in the fourth quarter, seemingly going for the kill. However, Renner tried to drop a ball over a low flat defender to his WR headed up the sideline...seemingly oblivious to the fact that there was a safety playing over top of that third of the field. Renner not only forced a ball into coverage, but he floated a ball into forced coverage, resulting in an interception that gave Miami the ball back and kept what would have been crucial points for UNC off the board.

Three names for UNC that showed well last night, all on the defensive side of the ball: DE Kareem Martin, CB Jabari Price and S Tre Boston. Kareem Martin, to put it simply, dominated up front and abused whichever tackle Miami put in front of him all night long. Eight tackles and a sack are good evidence of as much. Martin has definitely put himself on the radar as someone to pay attention to going forward. Price and Boston were a part of a secondary which feasted off of Stephen Morris' bad throws in the first half. They're both very well put together, 6'0 and 200 lbs. Boston contributed an interception (his third of the year) and showed up twice down on the goal line in the first half to make tackles for loss, showing good versatility, while Price (despite one bad decision to get beat and give up big yardage in trying to jump an underneath route in zone) tackled well, 10 total tackles and showed great long end speed by chasing down Duke Johnson on Miami's opening drive, saving a touchdown.

[quote="Warpticon"]I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*[/quote]
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
The following is taken directly from my scouting blog. As much as I'd love to just give the link, it wouldn't be right to take you guys elsewhere, so I'll bring it to you! Here's my take on the pro prospects from last night's game:

Quote:
For Miami:

For Stephen Morris, last night's game provided more questions than answers in regard to his pro potential. Where to start? Well the consistent pros I have seen from Morris' game is that he is a very athletic player. He can run and he can evade pass rushers. He also has a big time arm. He throws a very pretty ball and he has a cannon. Some of the downfield passes he threw last night were right on par with his overall resume, and they were 40-50 yards downfield on the money. That's about it for Morris' pros last night. Conversely, Morris displayed sub-par decision making, pocket awareness and footwork last night. UNC had a lot of success generating a-gap pressure, which Morris responded to by forcing throws earlier than they should have been thrown. Compounding the matter was Morris didn't step into a lot of throws, taking zip off the ball and causing it to float high. He had 4 downfield passes beyond 20 yards to the sideline where the ball was overthrown, two of which ended up as half of his four interceptions on the night (he also had another one dropped inside his own 20 in the fourth quarter on a crucial 3rd down). Perhaps the biggest issue I have with Morris from last night isn't his footwork (not stepping into throws), his decision making (forcing the ball, poor reads) or his pocket awareness (being flushed with a pocket intact) but his lack of timing as a passer. Morris didn't seem to hit the back step on his drop and have the ball away more than 4 or 5 times last night for completions. This doesn't bode well for his NFL prospects if the trend continues.

Duke Johnson made his impact felt in the first half before a knee to his helmet rattled his cage and Miami sat him down for the remainder of the game. Unfortunate, I'm hoping he is alright and we'll see him gouging ACC defenses for big yardage again very soon! However, fellow sophomore Dallas Crawford had himself a game in his place. Struggling with 2.7 yards per carry at half, Dallas finished with 33 carries for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns on the night. One of my halftime keys for Miami was to return to the run game, which started promising and Miami abandoned in the 2nd quarter. Well, with Dallas showing good patience behind his blockers, evasive ability and even showing the ability to run with authority and run over some defenders in the secondary, Miami ran 28 times in the 2nd half after just 17 rushes in the 1st. Interestingly enough, Dallas Crawford now has nine touchdowns rushing on the year, with 2 in each of his last FOUR games. This is mostly a moot point as both Dallas and Duke are both pure sophomores. But regardless, I still have to amend my pre-game statement that Duke was the best player on the field last night. But that will come in a minute.

Seantrel Henderson didn't see a TON of game action last night because the Hurricanes were operating on an offensive tackle rotation. When Henderson was on the field, he had success moving guys in the run game. But he did get his name called in the broadcast, and as an offensive linemen that means he either did something spectacular or he missed an assignment. Unfortunately for Seantrel, he missed an assignment. Morris' third pick came with Miami driving deep into UNC territory. Morris dropped back for a screen pass and floated a ball over top of the rushing defensive front. The ball careened off the back of Henderson and into the hands of a diving defender. On closer review, Henderson was the only offensive lineman not to release upfield. Overall, hard to make an effective review on Henderson on such a limited snap basis.

It is not, however, difficult to make an effective review on is LB Denzel Perryman. Perryman made his impact felt early and often. He logged another double digit tackle effort, his 3rd of the season and 2nd straight. Whether it was in the run game (playing downhill, plugging gaps or shooting gaps to make tackles), in pass coverage (was around the receiver twice to make sure tackles and force punts) or in pursuit (sideline to sideline ability, smacking UNC QB Marquise Williams on a scramble) Perryman displayed the kind of skills that you want to see from a middle linebacker prospect. Perryman was the best defender on the field for Miami last night, which shouldn't come to much of a surprise for anyone who's watched him.

For North Carolina:

If we're going to talk about the Tar Heels, its only right to start with TE Eric Ebron. I stated before the game to keep an eye out for him and that he was very dynamic. Somehow I undersold him. Hands down the best player for either team on the field last night, Ebron racked up HUGE numbers, catching eight passes for 199 yards and a touchdown (that being a very impressive 71 yard catch and run breaking a number of tackles along the way). Taking advantage of a defense that seemingly refused to get physical with him, Ebron took free releases off the line of scrimmage and put his speed to use by consistently getting between the linebackers and the safeties to attack the defense. Ebron ran across the middle, up the seam (including his other "wow" play of the game, a seam pass thrown about 2 yards behind him that he torqued in midair to haul in with one hand) and most surprisingly, was extremely effective blocking in the run game. While one game doesn't make a scouting report, Ebron will be a guy I follow extremely closely and if he continues to perform like he did last night, I would expect to see him near the top of any big board.

LT James Hurst was another Tar Heel who played to the level I was expecting to see just from word of mouth. He consistently stonewalled Hurricane pass rushers and produced movement in the run game. However, the Tar Heels as a whole really struggled running the ball, averaging just 2.9 yards per carry on 36 team rushes. Hurst did his part and looks the part, but Miami also doesn't have a premiere pass rusher. Hard to take away anything concrete and definitive, but Hurst held up his end of the bargain.

Unlike Miami QB Stephen Morris, UNC QB Bryn Renner provided more answers than questions in watching him play last night. Unfortunately, the answers aren't all that great. Renner is a gutsy QB, a sneakily good athlete who can run and overall a smart Quarterback. I think mentally he handles and grasps the game much better than Morris at this point. He hits the back of his drop and the ball came out much more frequently than his counterpart, but accuracy was a big, big issue for Renner. His ball placement was essentially non-existent. He floats a number of balls, which is puzzling to me because he showed the ability to drive and drill a ball into a window a handful of times last night, and even going back to what I recall watching take on now Arizona G Jonathan Cooper last year. He doesn't have the natural ability to not be mechanically perfect on throws when they need to be hot, but he wasn't last night. He also made a costly decision which for all intents and purposes, cost UNC the game. After Stephen Morris threw his fourth interception of the night, UNC pressed the issue in the fourth quarter, seemingly going for the kill. However, Renner tried to drop a ball over a low flat defender to his WR headed up the sideline...seemingly oblivious to the fact that there was a safety playing over top of that third of the field. Renner not only forced a ball into coverage, but he floated a ball into forced coverage, resulting in an interception that gave Miami the ball back and kept what would have been crucial points for UNC off the board.

Three names for UNC that showed well last night, all on the defensive side of the ball: DE Kareem Martin, CB Jabari Price and S Tre Boston. Kareem Martin, to put it simply, dominated up front and abused whichever tackle Miami put in front of him all night long. Eight tackles and a sack are good evidence of as much. Martin has definitely put himself on the radar as someone to pay attention to going forward. Price and Boston were a part of a secondary which feasted off of Stephen Morris' bad throws in the first half. They're both very well put together, 6'0 and 200 lbs. Boston contributed an interception (his third of the year) and showed up twice down on the goal line in the first half to make tackles for loss, showing good versatility, while Price (despite one bad decision to get beat and give up big yardage in trying to jump an underneath route in zone) tackled well, 10 total tackles and showed great long end speed by chasing down Duke Johnson on Miami's opening drive, saving a touchdown.

Very nice write up.....I really do like Ebron and fell he's better then either of the two guys who came out last season and is establishing himself as the top TE in the draft. Which means he will most likely be gone in the top 15.

I've like Hurst for awhile (South Carolina game) and feel he would be a great pickup if he doesn't continue to move up the draft boards (meaning he would be out of Miami's reach. If you don't mind I would really like a PM of the link to the blog.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love Ebron, but one of those four or five STUD TEs should be available in the second round. I think we need to get a LT in the first round for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
UCF (38.) @ #8 Louisville (35) Review
There appears to be a bit of a developing trend for games this weekend. First Miami completes a last gasp drive and then holds on for dear life before a Bryn Renner pass as time expires floats into a receiver's hands and then drops away, now Blake Bortles takes UCF down the field in about 3 minutes after a relatively underwhelming first half to take a 38-35 lead, just to watch Teddy Bridgewater's pass into the endzone as time expires knocked to the ground. I certainly can't complain, it's been very entertaining football. Again, I'll try to stay out of the coaching aspects and try to stick to a players evaluation of last night's AAC showdown.

For UCF:

Blake Bortles' game was a tale of two halves. In the first half, Bortles was gun shy, didn't press the ball downfield and made very tame throws. So it isn't a very big surprise that UCF managed just 7 points. However, after Louisville picked up a dropped snap on a punt and returned it for a touchdown, the tide suddenly seemed to turn. Bortles suddenly is standing strong, and more importantly, began attacking the perimeter of the defense with strong throws. The difference between the two halves was startling to see. Bortles in the second half displayed great athleticism, put good zip on his throws, made good reads, attacked the defense, showed the ability to slip out of a rush and use his legs to run for a long first down conversion. A lot of positives. Is he a premium prospect? No. He isn't elite at any skill set. But he just feels like he has an unquantifiable "it" factor. He has made some magic happen twice this year against big teams on the road, both against Penn State and now Louisville. It raises concern how close to the vest Bortles played in the first half, especially considering his opening drive he moved well, threw on the run well, and then floated a lazy pass into the end zone which is brought down but S Calvin Pryor. However, I think the positives drawn from this game by the response he generated out of his offense over the final 20 minutes of the game outweigh it because bottom line, UCF scored 38 points and won the football game.

No one benefited more from an opening up of the passing game than RB Storm Johnson. 18 rushes for 109 yards and a touchdown, plus an extra 4 receptions for 79 yards and another touchdown. Storm's biggest showcase in last night's game was his field vision. Within a 1:10 period in the 3rd, Johnson battered through the goal line on a nice power run to pull the Knights within 14 and then on the first play from scrimmage after a Cardinals fumble, Johnson took a screen pass, turned upfield and immediately cut right across the grain and picked up a couple of huge blocks. It took good speed, awesome vision and patient running for his blockers to come back down to seal the edge for another touchdown to pull UCF within 7. Over the course of the game, Johnson showed he was a versatile runner, he showed good agility, good shake, good power and aggressive downhill running when it was needed. Backs don't have premium draft value, but expect Johnson near the top of my RB rankings when the time comes.

Finally, the other pregame player to watch for the Knights, WR Rannell Hall, didn't impact the game too much. 1 carry for 13 yards and 3 receptions for 26 yards. Not sure if there's too much to take away. I will say overall the UCF skill players did a great job on the hustle plays, blocking for their running game and each other.

Pure freshman RB William Stanback won't be a draft impact for at least two years, but he's a great foil to Storm Johnson. He's shifty, he's fast. He made a great jump cut on a big run for a "wow" play as well. He's a player to watch in the future and will do a great job picking up the run game for Johnson when he leaves.

The other player who caught my eye was S Sean Maag for the Knights. They used him in a flex S/LB position to bounce between the base defense and a nickel. He appeared around the ball quite often! Maag totalled 10 tackles and a fumble recovery in part of that vital 3rd quarter for UCF. He's someone I'll be keeping an eye on as a potential late round special teams value player.

For Louisville:

Teddy Bridgewater played 59 minutes of superb quarterbacking. Teddy gets back into the top of his drop faster than anyone else this year in the class. It's not really close. His footwork is fantastic. You could see him making the right reads (minus two throws for dropped interceptions he got bailed out of. 1 in the 1st quarter and the other on the drive to give them a lead with 3 minutes left). But let's not nitpick. He threw a ton and had Louisville in position to walk away with a close win. He was the point guard of the offense, he facilitated everything. He spread the ball around, showing a tendency to make the RIGHT read vs. throwing to a preferred receiver. It's nothing new, nothing he hasn't been doing all year. Bridgewater may have been the losing quarterback but he played well enough to win. The only true critique I have was the last drive. I understand that its only 23 seconds to move the ball, but Teddy needed to push the ball downfield there. He took underneath throws and let receivers run. You can't do that when you only have time for 3 plays at the most. He cost his team an extra play on the plus side of the 50 with the final check down with 7 seconds left. The late game situational awareness needs to have a greater sense of urgency and aggressiveness regardless of "what is open".

WR DeVante Parker had a nice ball game, displaying the ability to impact the game in the red zone like I'd suspect any receiver with 6 TDs coming in. His touchdown catch last night was an example of a receiver with good chemistry with his QB. Sean Maag had inside shade and was turning to what would have been an interception if that ball had been lead to Parker. Instead Bridgewater threw to the back shoulder and Parker made a nice adjustment. Not eye popping numbers, but you don't expect that from this team. I thought Parker showed pretty well last night.

S Hakeem Smith was essentially invisible last night, but his S counterpart, the previously mentioned Calvin Pryor had himself a great ball game. The interception in the endzone (although it probably should have been reviewed) plus a big hit on Bortles rushing the passer on a blitz in the 2nd half and popping up around the ball time after time. 11 tackles in total. Pryor is a pure junior and put himself on my list of players to keep an eye on to see how they play in the future.

[quote="Warpticon"]I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*[/quote]
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
10/19/2013 NCAA Showdown Primer: What/Who to Watch

A fall Saturday filled with a number of quality top 25 show downs? Yes please. My eyes will be on 3 games in particular today after the two games we've reviewed the last few days. There are a number of great individual matchups across the board this weekend, including Tennessee and South Carolina's showdown between top prospects DE Jadeveon Clowney and LT "Tiny" Richardson. That game won't be on this preview, but some other big time games will be:

PAC 12 Showdown: #9 UCLA @ #13 Stanford

UCLA Bruins:
- QB Brent Hundley
- LB Anthony Barr
- WR Shaq Evans
- G Xavier Su'a-Filo

Stanford Cardinal:
- DE Trent Murphy
- LB Shayne Skov
- DE Ben Gardner
- WR Ty Montgomery

This is a match up that has National Title implications. Stanford has been a big player on the BCS stage since Andrew Luck took the reins. Luck has come and gone but Stanford, despite the loss last week to Utah, is still looking to salvage their season with a PAC 12 championship. That won't come unless their defense, led by bookends Trent Murphy and Ben Gardner and the man in the middle Shayne Skov, show up in a big way to limit the offensive firepower that the Bruins will bring to the field. QB Brent Hundley is an excellent passer, and has displayed the ability to put up big points in bunches as they did against Nebraska earlier this year. His top target is Notre Dame transfer Shaq Evans, who set a team record last year for receptions with 60. Defensively for UCLA, Anthony Barr is a legit top 15 type of player. He's explosive, and he's still developing. He is a violent hitter and after a big game against Nebraska, he's gotten into a groove rushing the passer, 4 sacks in the last 3 games.

ACC Heavyweight Fight: #5 Florida State @ #3 Clemson

Florida State Seminoles:
- OLB Christian Jones
- CB Lamarcus Joyner
- OLB Telvin Smith
- DT Timmy Jernigan

Clemson Tigers:
- QB Taj Boyd
- WR Sammy Watkins
- DE Vic Beasley

Speaking of National Title implications...Look, everyone knows about Jameis Winston. But the redshirt freshman isn't draft eligible, so don't jump at me for not putting him on my players to watch list. I'm interested in the Florida State defense, reloaded after losing a number of big time players to the 1st and 2nd round of the NFL draft in April. DT Tim Jernigan and OLBs Christian Jones and Telvin Smith are responsible for plugging lanes and making Clemson QB Taj Boyd one dimensional. Boyd can run, so Jones and Smith need to stay disciplined when they bring pressure. I'll be interested to see if CB Lamarcus Joyner (a S the last 2 seasons and a starter at that) gets matched up against WR Sammy Watkins. Watkins is one of the 3 or 4 most explosive players I've seen this year and hasn't skipped a beat this year despite Clemson losing DeAndre Hopkins. DE Vic Beasley gets the unenviable duty of trying to catch Jameis Winston. This will be a big measuring stick game for Beasley.

PAC 12 Late Night: Oregon State @ California

Oregon State Beavers:
- QB Sean Mannion
- DE Scott Crichton
- WR Brandin Cooks

California Golden Bears:
- DT Deandre Coleman
- LB Nick Forbes

Hardly a premiere game, and a late one at that. But I want to see this Sean Mannion guy live and for a full game. He's on pace for some unreal numbers this year and hasn't generated a ton of buzz, yet. I've heard the comparison of Nick Foles, but I'll get back to you after I watch him play. DE Scott Crichton is a guy who jumped off tape at me last year when I watched Oregon State for CB Jordan Poyer and WR Markus Wheaton. Great motor guy and fun to watch.

Pickle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Evans <3

Smack
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see that Stanford TD catch? We need hands like that on our team lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanford OG David Yankey could be a solid 2nd round pick. I don't think he'll be another Jonathan Martin.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who watched the UCLA/Stanford show down.

Quote:
For UCLA:

QB Brent Hundley was not his best today, let's just call a spade a spade. He had a very nice 3rd quarter, he hit 8 straight passes on a drive to pull the Bruins within 7. But outside of that? I was surprised just how much Hundley passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, 28 of his 39 attempts were within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. A lot of bubble screens and flats. His biggest flaw of the day was throwing on the move. He was extremely inaccurate throwing on the move, he seemed like he was aiming his passes too much instead of just passing to the player. He suffered some bad luck on his 2nd interception, where his receiver fell down to mark UCLA's 3rd straight 3 and out down 7 in the 4th quarter. Brent has all the physical tools you could ask for, but he has yet to string things together on a consistent basis. He was awful against Nebraska in the first half and then they ripped off 28 3rd quarter points, so this isn't new to Hundley this year. He moves extremely well. He has a nice arm and you can visually see him progressing through reads at times. It just isn't all the time. Along potential, Hundley is near the top. But I think we need to take a step back and evaluate Hundley for what he IS right now, not what he can and should be. This was a litmus test for Hundley and a friendly reminder that he isn't near a finished product.

WR Shaq Evans had a nice touchdown catch, and that was about it for his day. He had no impact as a punt returner, caught 4 balls for 30 yards. He showed off his speed and agility running routes, you can tell he is a great athlete. However he missed his chance for a game breaking play when he let off the gas on a deep route that Hundley let rip late in the game. Evans had a step despite jogging...but Hundley threw it like he'd be running. Evans is a nice player and it was nice to see him get on the scoreboard today. He's got about average size for a pro prospect, but above average elusiveness. Stanford simply bottled him up. And the pressure crashing in on Hundley didn't help matters either.

No one on the Bruins held my attention like LB Anthony Barr. Barr didn't register a sack but he played technically sound in the run game and still had a nice TFL on a reverse attempt which needed great recognition skills and athleticism to bend back around after originally taking a track for the dive. Barr did get bullied a number of times in the run game, Stanford was regularly blocking him with 2 TEs. Barr in a 2 point stance couldn't gather leverage to stay under double teams and it resulted in him ending up shedding blocks 4 or 5 yards downfield. In the run game Barr did show the ability to squeeze to contain off tackle runs and keep contain. As an edge player this is one of the most important aspects of his run defense and he did it well while player square, which is a huge plus. Overall, Barr displayed good technique, an explosive first step and a good motor. His strength needs to continue to develop, but he did display the explosiveness to split doubles when they're thrown at him, just not on a regular basis. Long term I think Barr is better off in a 3-4 as a rush player much like the Kansas City Chiefs are using Justin Houston.

I got about halfway through the game before I realized just how much I was seeing CB Ishmael Adams around the ball. He's only a pure sophomore but I was really impressed with his ability to tackle and an acrobatic interception just before half to keep the score within 3 points inside the red zone certainly helped as well.

For Stanford:

No one played a bigger part in Stanford's victory than RB Tyler Gaffney. He's a typical bruising Stanford running back. He churns and that big, physical offensive line, led by G David Yankey, wears you down and breaks your will. Both guys are seniors, but they have very different pro prospects. With all due respect, I think Gaffney is just a guy. Stanford regular has these bruisers who are just relentless and that's fine. But I don't see him doing anything special or excelling at anything in particular. He doesn't catch passes well, he doesn't have break away speed, he doesn't make people miss. He's just a college back. Yankey on the other hand, looked the part of a next level player. He physically handled every player across the line of scrimmage, displayed good hand pop and had impact blocks while pulling. I know a number of NFL teams that could use a player who can move along the LOS like Yankey, so he certainly helped his cause today. He's not David DeCastro, but that's fine. He's a quality prospect G.

Shayne Skov was a beast in the middle today. I tallied him with 7 solo tackles, 3 TFL and a big time hit on a blitz to force an incompletion. He also had a roughing the passer called against him, but he made his presence felt early and often. Skov is a big presence in the middle of the defense and he's going to be a nice player on the next level. Another player likely best suited for a 3-4 defense as an interior linebacker, Skov plays downhill but shows consistently enough athleticism to be effect in zone drops.

To wrap on defense, defensive ends Trent Murphy and Ben Gardner each tallied TFLs and 3 sacks between the two of them. A lot came in pressure time which is nice. However, not much was heard from either one of them otherwise. Stanford controlled the LOS on both sides of the football, which was greatly due to their ends. Not much else was asked from them. Sound players doing their job.

WR Ty Montgomery had a similar day to his WR counterpart Shaq Evans on the other side. A negative play early followed by a solid but low impact showing. Montgomery was hit pretty much in stride on the first drive deep downfield, but let the ball slip through his hands. He rebounded by creating nice separation and sitting down in Bruin zones for 5 catches for 50 yards. He had great fight on a big 29 yard catch fighting through traffic, and displayed some decent run after catch ability as well. Nothing earth shattering, but a confirmation that he is a player to watch going forward.

ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would draft Johnny Maisel. I am not getting all caught up into height, weight etc...This guy is a baller. I am not as sold on Tanney as many of you are. I know Miami should definitely take him if he is there in the second round. Hell, Miami cant seem to draft second round players that stick anyway. Maisel is a leader and someone players play hard for.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Barr is a monster. I love his recovery speed. He drops back in coverage and has very good recovery speed.

I watched a highlight reel of him, and I really liked what I saw. He is read the option wrong, grabbed the wrong guy, but quickly realized it, and still mad ea tackle for a loss.

He can play LB at the next level. He has played 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB. He is versatile and has shown he can actually play there. I would love to draft him and play him opposite of Dion Jordan.

UniversalAuthor
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I would draft Johnny Maisel. I am not getting all caught up into height, weight etc...This guy is a baller. I am not as sold on Tanney as many of you are. I know Miami should definitely take him if he is there in the second round. Hell, Miami cant seem to draft second round players that stick anyway. Maisel is a leader and someone players play hard for.

I totally agree with you on Manziel. He's the real deal and has the it factor.

green4gulf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

I totally agree with you on Manziel. He's the real deal and has the it factor.

I too agree on Manziel. Although I think people in hell have a better chance of getting ice water than Manziel does of being a second rounder. With the success of Russell Wilson still in the minds of GMs around the league, Manziel will not make it to pick number 25.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: