Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick Perry - broken foot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald323 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:
Looks like Sam Montgomery was just let go by the Texans for violating team rules. Anyone think TT tries to get another mid round pick from 2013 draft on the waiver wire?

Palmer, Mulumba and Neal played pretty well this past week and we should get both Perry and Matthews back later in the year, but he might be worth a shot as a short term depth guy that can be used as a rusher to keep our guys fresh.

no because TT didnt draft him.
TT he wants to take credit for all the players on the team

He did just buck the trend with Harper, so maybe he wants to try it again!
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
Looks like Sam Montgomery was just let go by the Texans for violating team rules. Anyone think TT tries to get another mid round pick from 2013 draft on the waiver wire?

Palmer, Mulumba and Neal played pretty well this past week and we should get both Perry and Matthews back later in the year, but he might be worth a shot as a short term depth guy that can be used as a rusher to keep our guys fresh.

Between what he said prior to the Draft and what has just transpired, I think it's pretty fair to say that Ted isn't interested.

simonwayne wrote:
This one is over. Mark down the dubya.

Colts 45 - Chiefs 44
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

Between what he said prior to the Draft and what has just transpired, I think it's pretty fair to say that Ted isn't interested.

No kidding. It's always interesting to see when players get released, how many of our fans want TT to go after them. Even players like Nicks who are rumoured to be OTB. It's as if people have no idea who our GM is

XBL: ShiiNyIV
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

I forgot about the pre-draft comments. All I know he violated team rules, do not know what the rule(s) were, but either way I agree it does not help him. Although, I cannot say that these alone would take him off of TT's radar. It might be something that hurts him, but I do not think rules him out. Look at Jolly, by all accounts he should not have been brought back, but TT did and it has worked out.
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

No kidding. It's always interesting to see when players get released, how many of our fans want TT to go after them. Even players like Nicks who are rumoured to be OTB. It's as if people have no idea who our GM is

I think this is significantly different then Nicks. Nicks would cost you a draft pick and has an expiring contract. We would either have to pay him or have him as a rental. Montgomery is waived and can come free and clear to Green Bay with no costs except his current, rookie friendly, contract. As I mentioned before, I do not think that those acts alone remove him from TT's radar, depending on what rule(s) were violated. I do not think that you can pigeon hole TT to a certain type. You definitely can get a good idea on what he typically does, but like anyone he does have some surprises.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

Wish we'd be a little more aggressive on the offensive end. I'd part with a 4th round pick to add something for Rodgers, not Myles White or Chris Harper. Just finished Ron Wolf's book for the 2nd time, hadn't read it in awhile, its so odd to me that TT turned out the way he did maturing in that regime. Wolf had a lot of Al Davis in him, took no excuses for losing, seemed to always find a vet FA or trade to fill that hole caused by injuries.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

Wish we'd be a little more aggressive on the offensive end. I'd part with a 4th round pick to add something for Rodgers, not Myles White or Chris Harper. Just finished Ron Wolf's book for the 2nd time, hadn't read it in awhile, its so odd to me that TT turned out the way he did maturing in that regime. Wolf had a lot of Al Davis in him, took no excuses for losing, seemed to always find a vet FA or trade to fill that hole caused by injuries.

Maybe its something that just skips a generation of the regime. Both Schneider and Dorsey have not been afraid to make those one or tow splash trades/signings Very Happy
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

Add that to the fact that he simply hasn't been successful in the NFL. It takes him approximately a week to get off the ball at the snap, which is less than desirable in a pass rusher.
SDN40

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the occasional pickup of a veteran guy to add to the roster ala Wolf. Problem is, Wolf also stated that once the salary cap kicked in full gear, thats when he wanted out. Now you have QB's at 20 mill per. Gotta say I agree with Irsay in that whole debate. It just doesnt leave you any room to work. You've gotta be spot on with every draft pick or suffer the consequences. Even with that being said, sooner or later you are subject to your own successes. We shall see how it works out here. I don't think we've heard the last of the 20 million dollar qb debate. (I know. I have a hard time letting that go. Its just far too huge a leap not to make an impact)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there still no time-table set for Perry yet?
Ronald323

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaryTsraining3s wrote:
Is there still no time-table set for Perry yet?

packers now dont talk about injury players now Crying or Very sad
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
rbens06 wrote:

Good chance that 4th also costs us a James Jones or Finley. Vet FA might be appealing
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to MM, Perry "did some work" today. He didn't practice but that probably means he did some rehab work. About two weeks since he was diagnosed, if he's rehabbing it means it was probably one of the smaller bones in the foot and not a severe break. Hoping he and Clay can both make their return against Philly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Philly game will be interesting. Their D is awful but facing that uptempo offense will be a bit of a challenge, especially if it's Vick/McCoy.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
That Philly game will be interesting. Their D is awful but facing that uptempo offense will be a bit of a challenge, especially if it's Vick/McCoy.

No team in the east interests me. Over-blown, over-hyped, underwhelming...

The only one I find even worthy of interest is the Giants. I think that's just cause of 2007 and 2011.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: