Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick Perry - broken foot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any FA's or practice squad players worth bringing in for a few weeks?

edit-

Also, I think it is a good possibility that Jones goes back to ROLB until Perry or Clay come back to play. I would also think that this means Worthy will come off PUP and onto the roster if he is good to go. I could see the Packers giving some 4-3 looks with Neal/Jones as DE's with all these injuries. I mean...............Who would you rather have out there, Mulumba or Dantone Jones?

Sig brought to you by Justo
PackersTK21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
PackersTK21 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
CheeseheadinMA wrote:
Ronald323 wrote:
Hakeem Nicks had a broken foot last year he had to miss 12 weeks

Depends which bone in the foot is broken, there's about 26 down there. Weight bearing bones around the ball of the foot (base of the first and second toes) are going to have a lot more of an effect, ditto to those bones in the arch of the foot which support the ankle. But if it's the 5th toe or some other bone, might not be quite as serious.

wrong.

humans have only 1 bone in the foot. The footbone.

LOL this. There are 26 freaking bones in the foot and all it says is "broke his foot." Hopefully it isn't the calcaneus, talus, navicular, cuneiforms or 1st metatarsal....or the 2nd metatarsal
So essentially anything not a Cuboid, Phalanx, or 3-5 Metatarsal. Way to be descriptive. Calcaneus fracture isn't that bad when you're on your toes all game. It also depends on the severity, placement, and type of break; and cuneiform is a script. Droppin knowledge.

So he's on his toes all game but how do you think he walks? Obviously a fracture depends on severity, type of fracture and location in the bone but some bones are better to fracture than others. Calcaneus is thee weight bearing bone of the foot, my friend, followed by talus.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:

edit-

Also, I think it is a good possibility that Jones goes back to ROLB until Perry or Clay come back to play. I would also think that this means Worthy will come off PUP and onto the roster if he is good to go. I could see the Packers giving some 4-3 looks with Neal/Jones as DE's with all these injuries. I mean...............Who would you rather have out there, Mulumba or Dantone Jones?

I doubt any of that's going to happen. When Jones gets back he'll be the starting ILB and Neal is going to stay at OLB with Mulumba and Palmer will back them up. The "next man up" philosophy is in play not the "change everything around mid-season" philosophy.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody else just a nervous wreck. Mike Neal is now our best healthy OLB for the foreseeable future. Knock on wood he has been healthy for a while, but I am just scared of this situation.

That said, Dom Capers has been brilliant lately. And he will have to continue to be. Hopefully 4-5 weeks from now we will start to get some of these guys back in the rotation with a healthy Hayward.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Is anybody else just a nervous wreck. Mike Neal is now our best healthy OLB for the foreseeable future. Knock on wood he has been healthy for a while, but I am just scared of this situation.

That said, Dom Capers has been brilliant lately. And he will have to continue to be. Hopefully 4-5 weeks from now we will start to get some of these guys back in the rotation with a healthy Hayward.

We'll definitely have to dial up the blitzes more often to get to the QB, something that we saw a little more of in the Baltimore game. Once (if) Hayward comes back I think we can definitely afford to send an extra guy or two at the QB, and we were even having decent success with it against the Ravens. I think we'll adapt and overcome. I'm not terribly worried, but I'd obviously like to have our top pass rushers back.
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevein2012 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

edit-

I doubt any of that's going to happen. When Jones gets back he'll be the starting ILB and Neal is going to stay at OLB with Mulumba and Palmer will back them up. The "next man up" philosophy is in play not the "change everything around mid-season" philosophy.

Mulumba is gonna be a boss i think, hes one of those guys thats gonna grab this chance
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
Stevein2012 wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:

edit-

Mulumba is gonna be a boss i think, hes one of those guys thats gonna grab this chance

I agree on Mulumba. He played 36 snaps last week and was getting looks before Perry went out of the game (they continued to move Neal around a bit). Not sure about him in coverage, but he can get after the QB for sure.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulumba and Neal are going to make for a fun watch. Two bulls in a china shop right there. They might not know what they are doing but they will be felt. Very physical combo if nothing else. Mistakes are going to happen and the idea of those two in coverage/space makes me cringe. Both guys you feel good about going to battle with though. LIS, going to make for an interesting watch if nothing ese.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Mulumba and Neal are going to make for a fun watch. Two bulls in a china shop right there. They might not know what they are doing but they will be felt. Very physical combo if nothing else. Mistakes are going to happen and the idea of those two in coverage/space makes me cringe. Both guys you feel good about going to battle with though. LIS, going to make for an interesting watch if nothing ese.

The fact that Mulumba at 265 will be our lightest frontline player now makes for a tough match-up for any teams run games. I can't imagine the Browns OL will be excited about this one. Amazing how when we have over 1,100 pounds of beef up front AJ Hawk suddenly looks younger and faster. Johnny Jolly might be one of the biggest off-season additions in the whole NFL. Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think as long as the d-line stays healthy and keeps playing great it will take a lot of pressure off of the LBs. If the d-line keeps playing well it won't matter who is at LB, they will be free to make plays.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we been stunting with our DL much this season ? At least it would be 'something' to throw at the opposition instead of having to send the house.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
Have we been stunting with our DL much this season ? At least it would be 'something' to throw at the opposition instead of having to send the house.

Somebody who knows more about this stuff than I do correct me if (when) I'm wrong, but doesn't stunting create a lot of weakness in defending the run? I'm not saying there isn't a place for that, but right now I'm loving how stout our DLine has been against the run. It's almost a 180 from last year. We haven't faced AP yet, but I'm almost excited to test out our newfound strength.

-------
"Give me Shackleton every time."
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Sam Montgomery was just let go by the Texans for violating team rules. Anyone think TT tries to get another mid round pick from 2013 draft on the waiver wire?

Palmer, Mulumba and Neal played pretty well this past week and we should get both Perry and Matthews back later in the year, but he might be worth a shot as a short term depth guy that can be used as a rusher to keep our guys fresh.
MMcKay16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:
Looks like Sam Montgomery was just let go by the Texans for violating team rules. Anyone think TT tries to get another mid round pick from 2013 draft on the waiver wire?

Palmer, Mulumba and Neal played pretty well this past week and we should get both Perry and Matthews back later in the year, but he might be worth a shot as a short term depth guy that can be used as a rusher to keep our guys fresh.

He's a solid talent but I'm always skeptical about players who get cut from other teams for disiplinary issues, because on average most other teams are more lenient than we are.
Ronald323

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbens06 wrote:

no because TT didnt draft him.
TT he wants to take credit for all the players on the team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: