Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thursday Night Showdown: Hawks vs Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta
On the Seahawks front, I can confirm that it is likely that the team will bring in Michael Robinson for a physical tomorrow.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2013/10/20/seahawks-looking-into-bringing-robinson-back-to-fill-fullback-void/

Ohhhhhhh boyyyyy!
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:

Laughing

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
imani

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:

Laughing

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:
Quote:
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta
On the Seahawks front, I can confirm that it is likely that the team will bring in Michael Robinson for a physical tomorrow.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2013/10/20/seahawks-looking-into-bringing-robinson-back-to-fill-fullback-void/

Ohhhhhhh boyyyyy!
A couple of us had this hunch, so glad it looks to be coming true!

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Officer Ricky wrote:
Quote:
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta

Ohhhhhhh boyyyyy!
A couple of us had this hunch, so glad it looks to be coming true!

Agreed. Hope he's in good shape. Our line is horrible in pass protection, but decent in run blocking and if Robinson is able to come in and contribute right away, our run game should help improve our looks in the passing game even if it's only a little. Any improvement is a welcome improvement right now. With Bradford looking like he's going to be out against us, we need to wear down their defense with a solid run game and attack randomly down the field. 3 & Out after 3 & Out would be amazing. Their defense will gas, their speed will fade away and we'll have our way with them. Not saying it will happen, but I'm hoping things pan out that way and we add another to our road win record.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
silus wrote:
KJ Wright is considered the leader of the LB core and the smartest guy in that positional group.

And he's been arguably our worst linebacker that sees decent playing time IMO. Malcolm Smith has looked bad at times too, but they're basically a toss up at this point to me. Just depends on what you want in either a slower more powerful run stopping linebacker or a speedy, sideline to sideline backer that can be outstanding in coverage if he continues to develop. Personally, I'm partial to speed so long as they can still lay the wood when needed. Hate seeing over pursuit though. Wagner is more of a leader than KJ as well, at least in my opinion and you'd expect that from the MLB position.

Not saying put KJ on the bench right now, but if Smith continues to show improvement and make plays, I'd rather run with Smith and see what we can get from Wright in terms of compensation after the season. He's a free agent after next season, so if someone offers good value, I'd be tempted. If not, keep him on the last year for low $$. We need to be able to keep players on low money contracts and keep churning youthful talent to stay under the cap with all these stars getting ready to be paid in the coming years. We can't pay EVERYONE what they feel they're worth.

That is very arguable. It's ironic that the defense has played better since Bobby Wagner got injured. Wagz is obviously a great talent but KJ is probably just below Sherm and ET in terms of football IQ. I noticed KJ putting players into the right position during the Cardinals game just off my head.

At the same time, I don't expect KJ to be expensive to re-sign. He hasn't put up flash numbers but I don't want to overpay to keep him, obviously.

I'll just say that for every good thing KJ has done on the field, I can point to something bad to counter it. Can't say the same about Wagner, Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor, etc. etc.. I don't know how you could even argue KJ over Wagner honestly. Malcolm Smith? Sure, you can make an argument there or vice versa. Bruce Irvin in Coverage? Sure, you can there too since the sample size of Irvin in coverage is extremely limited. Football IQ can only get you so far and with so many stupid mistakes I see from him, I have a hard time putting him up there on the football IQ ladder personally. He does produce exceptionally well for what he's paid, but he's one of the players that if there's a chance to upgrade on his spot, I'm all for it. I've considered him one of the weak links for a while now, and by "weak links", I mean not awesome, but above average to good depending on the aspect of his game.

Edit: And Wagner being injured one game and the defense doing better against a horrible Cardinals offense is laughable. That's not going to prove any point you're trying to make. Now, if it happens against the Saints, THEN you might be able to make that argument.

I'm not, I just noticed that the defense has been very tight since KJ has been in the middle and calling the plays. His problem is that he's too slow and at WLB in this scheme, that's a big detriment.

What I'm trying to say is that the defense stopped making mistakes and players were in the right position. I cannot wait for Wagz to get back on the field but the defense playing better was just something that I reflected on after watching the Cards game on Saturday Laughing
animaltested

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna hear something hilarious...

JR Sweezy might be the most consistent line man on the team right now

And people looking forward to Breno coming back.

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!!!!!!!

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
animaltested

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
silus wrote:
KJ Wright is considered the leader of the LB core and the smartest guy in that positional group.

And he's been arguably our worst linebacker that sees decent playing time IMO. Malcolm Smith has looked bad at times too, but they're basically a toss up at this point to me. Just depends on what you want in either a slower more powerful run stopping linebacker or a speedy, sideline to sideline backer that can be outstanding in coverage if he continues to develop. Personally, I'm partial to speed so long as they can still lay the wood when needed. Hate seeing over pursuit though. Wagner is more of a leader than KJ as well, at least in my opinion and you'd expect that from the MLB position.

Not saying put KJ on the bench right now, but if Smith continues to show improvement and make plays, I'd rather run with Smith and see what we can get from Wright in terms of compensation after the season. He's a free agent after next season, so if someone offers good value, I'd be tempted. If not, keep him on the last year for low $$. We need to be able to keep players on low money contracts and keep churning youthful talent to stay under the cap with all these stars getting ready to be paid in the coming years. We can't pay EVERYONE what they feel they're worth.

That is very arguable. It's ironic that the defense has played better since Bobby Wagner got injured. Wagz is obviously a great talent but KJ is probably just below Sherm and ET in terms of football IQ. I noticed KJ putting players into the right position during the Cardinals game just off my head.

At the same time, I don't expect KJ to be expensive to re-sign. He hasn't put up flash numbers but I don't want to overpay to keep him, obviously.

I'll just say that for every good thing KJ has done on the field, I can point to something bad to counter it. Can't say the same about Wagner, Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor, etc. etc.. I don't know how you could even argue KJ over Wagner honestly. Malcolm Smith? Sure, you can make an argument there or vice versa. Bruce Irvin in Coverage? Sure, you can there too since the sample size of Irvin in coverage is extremely limited. Football IQ can only get you so far and with so many stupid mistakes I see from him, I have a hard time putting him up there on the football IQ ladder personally. He does produce exceptionally well for what he's paid, but he's one of the players that if there's a chance to upgrade on his spot, I'm all for it. I've considered him one of the weak links for a while now, and by "weak links", I mean not awesome, but above average to good depending on the aspect of his game.

Edit: And Wagner being injured one game and the defense doing better against a horrible Cardinals offense is laughable. That's not going to prove any point you're trying to make. Now, if it happens against the Saints, THEN you might be able to make that argument.

I'm not, I just noticed that the defense has been very tight since KJ has been in the middle and calling the plays. His problem is that he's too slow and at WLB in this scheme, that's a big detriment.

What I'm trying to say is that the defense stopped making mistakes and players were in the right position. I cannot wait for Wagz to get back on the field but the defense playing better was just something that I reflected on after watching the Cards game on Saturday Laughing

You really need to factor in Ryan Fitzpatrick and Carson Palmer when making that assessment.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animaltested wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
silus wrote:

You really need to factor in Ryan Fitzpatrick and Carson Palmer when making that assessment.

I did Very Happy. The defense just looked more keyed in, in my opinion.

(I know that they are multiple variables at hand and I am not stating this as fact.)
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easier to key in with less weapons to worry about and lower quality opponents.

This has been one of Wright's worst performances/years as a whole IMO. The fact that people start defending him now doesn't make sense to me. Years prior I was willing to give him a chance, but after what I've seen this year and with Malcolm Smith having looked at least equal to him on the field, I'm hoping we can get some draft capital for him. If we can't get anything significant, we let him stay through next year and then move on if he wants any sort of decent contract.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finchy wrote:
PFF ratings for the game.

Offense:
Russell Wilson +4.6
Zach Miller +2.7
Marshawn Lynch +2.4
Golden Tate +2.0
J.R. Sweezy +1.9
Sidney Rice +1.1
Kellen Davis +0.9
Derrick Coleman +0.5
Robert Turbin +0.5
Paul McQuistan +0.1( Laughing )
Luke Wilson -0.1
Bryan Walters -0.1
Doug Baldwin -0.3
Jermaine Kearse -0.5
James Carpenter -0.9
Max Unger -1.3
Michael Bowie -1.4
Lemuel Jeanpierre -1.8

Defense:
Michael Bennett +4.7
Richard Sherman +4.5
Malcolm Smith +3.9
Red Bryant +3.8
Brandon Browner +3.5
Earl Thomas +3.2
Tony McDaniel +3.0
Bruce Irvin +3.0
Kam Chancellor +2.7
Clinton McDonald +1.9
O'Brien Schofield +1.6
Chris Clemons +1.2
Brandon Mebane +0.4
Cliff Avril +0.1
Chris Maragos +0.1
Michael Morgan 0.0
Jeron Johnson 0.0
Walter Thurmond -0.8
Jeremy Lane -1.0
Byron Maxwell -1.3
K.J. Wright -4.7

Special Teams:
Steven Hauschka +3.3
Golden Tate +1.8
Kellen Davis +0.5
Malcolm Smith +0.5
Richard Sherman +0.4
Jeremy Lane 0.0
Jon Ryan 0.0
Michael Morgan -0.5

Hey do you know what Sweezy's rating on the year is? He might be our best Olineman so far. I don't really remember him getting destroyed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:

Hey do you know what Sweezy's rating on the year is? He might be our best Olineman so far. I don't really remember him getting destroyed.

-4.1, which ranks him 52nd out of 72 guards this year.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
It's easier to key in with less weapons to worry about and lower quality opponents.

This has been one of Wright's worst performances/years as a whole IMO. The fact that people start defending him now doesn't make sense to me. Years prior I was willing to give him a chance, but after what I've seen this year and with Malcolm Smith having looked at least equal to him on the field, I'm hoping we can get some draft capital for him. If we can't get anything significant, we let him stay through next year and then move on if he wants any sort of decent contract.
I don't think Wright is a bad player though. What I don't like about Wright is that he doesn't belong at WLB in this scheme. He's not quick enough. Our WLB is really a pretty similar player to Kam, and Smith occupies that role much better.

On the other hand, he's not as good a fit as Irvin at SLB here either. He's not explosive enough or good enough of a pass rusher.

His best position is really MLB, but our FO has said they want an explosive athlete at that position too. All in all, I am not sure he has a spot here in the future.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
Finchy wrote:
PFF ratings for the game.

Offense:
Russell Wilson +4.6
Zach Miller +2.7
Marshawn Lynch +2.4
Golden Tate +2.0
J.R. Sweezy +1.9
Sidney Rice +1.1
Kellen Davis +0.9
Derrick Coleman +0.5
Robert Turbin +0.5
Paul McQuistan +0.1( Laughing )
Luke Wilson -0.1
Bryan Walters -0.1
Doug Baldwin -0.3
Jermaine Kearse -0.5
James Carpenter -0.9
Max Unger -1.3
Michael Bowie -1.4
Lemuel Jeanpierre -1.8

Defense:
Michael Bennett +4.7
Richard Sherman +4.5
Malcolm Smith +3.9
Red Bryant +3.8
Brandon Browner +3.5
Earl Thomas +3.2
Tony McDaniel +3.0
Bruce Irvin +3.0
Kam Chancellor +2.7
Clinton McDonald +1.9
O'Brien Schofield +1.6
Chris Clemons +1.2
Brandon Mebane +0.4
Cliff Avril +0.1
Chris Maragos +0.1
Michael Morgan 0.0
Jeron Johnson 0.0
Walter Thurmond -0.8
Jeremy Lane -1.0
Byron Maxwell -1.3
K.J. Wright -4.7

Special Teams:
Steven Hauschka +3.3
Golden Tate +1.8
Kellen Davis +0.5
Malcolm Smith +0.5
Richard Sherman +0.4
Jeremy Lane 0.0
Jon Ryan 0.0
Michael Morgan -0.5

I don't take these ratings as the end all/be all, but funny where KJ ranks on them since he's been the topic of discussion as being soooo good lately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: