Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thursday Night Showdown: Hawks vs Cardinals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I love Tate.

Can we please start an Alvin Bailey protest? It's absolutely despicable that we have to watch McQuistin try to protect our franchise QB.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Lol I love Tate.

Can we please start an Alvin Bailey protest? It's absolutely despicable that we have to watch McQuistin try to protect our franchise QB.
An anti-McQuistan protest may be better. Shouldn't be playing with 1's. Not even at LG.

Hoping it's Okung-Carp-Unger-Sweezy-Giacomini.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say Lynch was flipping the bird it looks like it but I don't know,,

WINTER IS COMING
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listened to the game on the radio last night. The score was closer than the actual game, by far. The fumbles gave AZ 10 points and that horri-awful prevent defense gave them another 6. Basically, Carson Palmer led them to 6 points...and we sacked him 7 times. D sounded great on radio. Browner came out and did a fantastic job making plays.

I could hear on the radio that the 'Hawks fans in the stadium were louder than the Cards fans. I was laughing out loud while listening to the ref reverse the Earl Thomas INT and the crowd went ballistic in cheer. I had to remind myself that the game was in AZ.

Offensive line still needs work, but I knew this was going to be a tough game for them. The AZ D-line has some very good players and at times they bullied the 'Hawks linemen. The fumbles must be eliminated.

In fact, this team really needs to work on eliminating some of the sloppiness from these games. It's almost like they come out and smack teams so hard that the guys lose focus for a couple plays. That will work against decent teams in the regular season, but leaving plays on the field like fumbles or blocked field goals will kill this team in the playoffs, when the margin for error shrinks to almost nothing.

Anywhos, glad we got a big lead and coasted to a win. Now the team gets 11 days off until the MNF game vs the Rams. Hopefully we can get some guys healthy and get closer to full strength. I'm not sure I would play Harvin even if he practices as full strength. I would probably wait until the TB game in a couple weeks. You just can't be too careful with him at this point.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
I get that Lynch wanted to punch it in but i think he is wrong for flipping off Bevell the play fake was perfect they were selling out for the run.

Play Fake was a perfect call?

Russell had to run for his life and found Davis at the last second after a Cardinal blew coverage.

What are you expecting the Seahawks to do with Lynch in the backfield close to the goal line?

Seemed like he had all day to me unless i am thinking of the wrong play he had enough time to go through 2-3 progressions befpre throwing it to Davis.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
I get that Lynch wanted to punch it in but i think he is wrong for flipping off Bevell the play fake was perfect they were selling out for the run.

Play Fake was a perfect call?

Russell had to run for his life and found Davis at the last second after a Cardinal blew coverage.

What are you expecting the Seahawks to do with Lynch in the backfield close to the goal line?

Seemed like he had all day to me unless i am thinking of the wrong play he had enough time to go through 2-3 progressions befpre throwing it to Davis.
He had like 4 seconds before he had to start extending it. That was one of the plus plays for the OLine in pass pro.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Finchy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF ratings for the game.

Offense:
Russell Wilson +4.6
Zach Miller +2.7
Marshawn Lynch +2.4
Golden Tate +2.0
J.R. Sweezy +1.9
Sidney Rice +1.1
Kellen Davis +0.9
Derrick Coleman +0.5
Robert Turbin +0.5
Paul McQuistan +0.1( Laughing )
Luke Wilson -0.1
Bryan Walters -0.1
Doug Baldwin -0.3
Jermaine Kearse -0.5
James Carpenter -0.9
Max Unger -1.3
Michael Bowie -1.4
Lemuel Jeanpierre -1.8

Defense:
Michael Bennett +4.7
Richard Sherman +4.5
Malcolm Smith +3.9
Red Bryant +3.8
Brandon Browner +3.5
Earl Thomas +3.2
Tony McDaniel +3.0
Bruce Irvin +3.0
Kam Chancellor +2.7
Clinton McDonald +1.9
O'Brien Schofield +1.6
Chris Clemons +1.2
Brandon Mebane +0.4
Cliff Avril +0.1
Chris Maragos +0.1
Michael Morgan 0.0
Jeron Johnson 0.0
Walter Thurmond -0.8
Jeremy Lane -1.0
Byron Maxwell -1.3
K.J. Wright -4.7

Special Teams:
Steven Hauschka +3.3
Golden Tate +1.8
Kellen Davis +0.5
Malcolm Smith +0.5
Richard Sherman +0.4
Jeremy Lane 0.0
Jon Ryan 0.0
Michael Morgan -0.5
canucks9314

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malcolm Smith is a pff god. He's in the top 5 for his position on the year as well Very Happy

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.
Finchy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
Malcolm Smith is a pff god. He's in the top 5 for his position on the year as well Very Happy

He's number one at the moment.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith has been having an exceptional year and I think he's an even better fit at WLB. If Irvin progresses well and Smith keeps playing like he is... I don't expect us to resign KJ

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Smith has been having an exceptional year and I think he's an even better fit at WLB. If Irvin progresses well and Smith keeps playing like he is... I don't expect us to resign KJ

We'd have a VERY fast Linebacker group.

Combine/Pro Day 40 Times:
Bruce Irvin = 4.41 with 10 Yard Split @ 1.55
Malcolm Smith = 4.44 with 10 Yard Split @ 1.61
Bobby Wagner = 4.46 with 10 Yard Split @ 1.57

That is some CRAZY speed for the position. When your slowest linebacker runs faster than a majority or WR's and RB's.....Oh, and just for laughs;

KJ Wright = 4.71 with 10 Yard Split @ 1.66

If Smith continues to show growth, I'd be fine with moving on from Wright. Love me some speed at linebacker. Only issue I usually see with speed is over pursuit on plays that should be stopped for a loss or no gain and them going for 5+ yards.
silus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJ Wright is considered the leader of the LB core and the smartest guy in that positional group.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
KJ Wright is considered the leader of the LB core and the smartest guy in that positional group.

And he's been arguably our worst linebacker that sees decent playing time IMO. Malcolm Smith has looked bad at times too, but they're basically a toss up at this point to me. Just depends on what you want in either a slower more powerful run stopping linebacker or a speedy, sideline to sideline backer that can be outstanding in coverage if he continues to develop. Personally, I'm partial to speed so long as they can still lay the wood when needed. Hate seeing over pursuit though. Wagner is more of a leader than KJ as well, at least in my opinion and you'd expect that from the MLB position.

Not saying put KJ on the bench right now, but if Smith continues to show improvement and make plays, I'd rather run with Smith and see what we can get from Wright in terms of compensation after the season. He's a free agent after next season, so if someone offers good value, I'd be tempted. If not, keep him on the last year for low $$. We need to be able to keep players on low money contracts and keep churning youthful talent to stay under the cap with all these stars getting ready to be paid in the coming years. We can't pay EVERYONE what they feel they're worth.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
silus wrote:

And he's been arguably our worst linebacker that sees decent playing time IMO. Malcolm Smith has looked bad at times too, but they're basically a toss up at this point to me. Just depends on what you want in either a slower more powerful run stopping linebacker or a speedy, sideline to sideline backer that can be outstanding in coverage if he continues to develop. Personally, I'm partial to speed so long as they can still lay the wood when needed. Hate seeing over pursuit though. Wagner is more of a leader than KJ as well, at least in my opinion and you'd expect that from the MLB position.

Not saying put KJ on the bench right now, but if Smith continues to show improvement and make plays, I'd rather run with Smith and see what we can get from Wright in terms of compensation after the season. He's a free agent after next season, so if someone offers good value, I'd be tempted. If not, keep him on the last year for low $$. We need to be able to keep players on low money contracts and keep churning youthful talent to stay under the cap with all these stars getting ready to be paid in the coming years. We can't pay EVERYONE what they feel they're worth.

That is very arguable. It's ironic that the defense has played better since Bobby Wagner got injured. Wagz is obviously a great talent but KJ is probably just below Sherm and ET in terms of football IQ. I noticed KJ putting players into the right position during the Cardinals game just off my head.

At the same time, I don't expect KJ to be expensive to re-sign. He hasn't put up flash numbers but I don't want to overpay to keep him, obviously.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
silus wrote:

That is very arguable. It's ironic that the defense has played better since Bobby Wagner got injured. Wagz is obviously a great talent but KJ is probably just below Sherm and ET in terms of football IQ. I noticed KJ putting players into the right position during the Cardinals game just off my head.

At the same time, I don't expect KJ to be expensive to re-sign. He hasn't put up flash numbers but I don't want to overpay to keep him, obviously.

I'll just say that for every good thing KJ has done on the field, I can point to something bad to counter it. Can't say the same about Wagner, Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor, etc. etc.. I don't know how you could even argue KJ over Wagner honestly. Malcolm Smith? Sure, you can make an argument there or vice versa. Bruce Irvin in Coverage? Sure, you can there too since the sample size of Irvin in coverage is extremely limited. Football IQ can only get you so far and with so many stupid mistakes I see from him, I have a hard time putting him up there on the football IQ ladder personally. He does produce exceptionally well for what he's paid, but he's one of the players that if there's a chance to upgrade on his spot, I'm all for it. I've considered him one of the weak links for a while now, and by "weak links", I mean not awesome, but above average to good depending on the aspect of his game.

Edit: And Wagner being injured one game and the defense doing better against a horrible Cardinals offense is laughable. That's not going to prove any point you're trying to make. Now, if it happens against the Saints, THEN you might be able to make that argument.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: