Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Playoff picture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DTOW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have confidence that we pull a wild card spot. However, I still think we drop 3 more games. My official prediction:

10-6
We lose to GB on Thanksgiving but we play them in the first round of the playoffs and pull off the upset. Its tough to beat the same team twice in this league much less three times.
Louis Delmas26

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
We have the easiest remaning schedule. There is no excuse not to win double digit games unless Stafford falls off a cliff.

Yeah I agree, we should be favored in every single game the rest of the way minus GB but I thought going into the year that we would split with then and we got them at home this time around. This year is looking pretty bright and to think we could easily be 7-1 this year minus a fluke loss in ARI and a last minute FG to CIN.

I know I may sound like a homer here but I rely think we can beat anyone this year including the Saints, Broncos, Colts, and Seahawks. Just wait until our defense and offense starts to click. Plus, all of those teams have a weakness on the offensive line or defensive line which we are surprisingly set at this year. We may not be the best team in the league, but if we can stay healthy and any given Sunday, we have a shot to be special this year.

Go Lions!
detroitroar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things change week to week, but as of now, I would call every game remaining, except GB, a should win.

Even without Cutler and Briggs, Chicago will still be a tough one.

That game alone may say a lot as to how our 2nd half will look.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW the Packers play:

Bears
Eagles
@ Giants
Vikings
@ Lions
Falcons
@ Cowboys
Steelers
@ Bears

We don't exactly face a brutal slate of games. We'll be favored in every game as well. We're already up a game (assuming we beat the Cutler less Bears on Monday Night) I don't think it's a stretch to say that overall we're the more talented team, plus at worst we split the head to head tie breaker.

The PAckers are still in the driver's seat for the division, though the Lions look like the likely #5 seed.
Arbitrage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:

The PAckers are still in the driver's seat for the division, though the Lions look like the likely #5 seed.

'Tis true, but lots can still happen. I'm not buying my playoff tickets just yet; I'm looking at a bunch of eggs that have yet to hatch.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arbitrage wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

'Tis true, but lots can still happen. I'm not buying my playoff tickets just yet; I'm looking at a bunch of eggs that have yet to hatch.

I think #6 seed is more likely. Seattle San Fran non winner will probably get the #5.
Hahaha. This team does not belong here
Mods, take care of this troll or I will.

Hold on mods. I wanna see where this goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
Arbitrage wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

I think #6 seed is more likely. Seattle San Fran non winner will probably get the #5.

That's right, forgot about the 49ers. Confused
andjordand

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
Arbitrage wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

That's right, forgot about the 49ers. :?

With their injuries piling up and barely winning against the Lions in Lambeau, I don't see the Packers winning in Detroit, Dallas and dropping the @ Bears game to round out the season at 11-5. For what it's worth, I expect the lions to finish the season with no more home losses, and a loss at either Philly or Pittsburg on the road to finish 12-4. Chicago, playing on a short week of practice vs the Lions coming off a bye next weekend, should be an easier match for the Lions than it will be for the packers in week17

-edit.: this isn't as much an endorsement of the Lions having 'arrived' as it is a acknowledgement of their laughably weak schedule. Even with a 12-4 record, it is my Opinion that the staff should be ousted if they fail to win a playoff game, if this team remains reasonably healthy in January. Winning against a collection of the have-not teams proves nothing about this regime's ability to be successful in future years. I still see them as a 9-7 / 10-6 team that got lucky down the stretch until they can win a playoff game.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andjordand wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
Arbitrage wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

That's right, forgot about the 49ers. Confused

With their injuries piling up and barely winning against the Lions in Lambeau, I don't see the Packers winning in Detroit, Dallas and dropping the @ Bears game to round out the season at 11-5. For what it's worth, I expect the lions to finish the season with no more home losses, and a loss at either Philly or Pittsburg on the road to finish 12-4. Chicago, playing on a short week of practice vs the Lions coming off a bye next weekend, should be an easier match for the Lions than it will be for the packers in week17

-edit.: this isn't as much an endorsement of the Lions having 'arrived' as it is a acknowledgement of their laughably weak schedule. Even with a 12-4 record, it is my Opinion that the staff should be ousted if they fail to win a playoff game, if this team remains reasonably healthy in January. Winning against a collection of the have-not teams proves nothing about this regime's ability to be successful in future years. I still see them as a 9-7 / 10-6 team that got lucky down the stretch until they can win a playoff game.

I think you're being very optimistic. I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but even beat up, we're a more talented team than every team we'll play.
andjordand

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole division title just went from slightly possible to somewhat probable, given Green Bay's home loss last night and Rodgers being out 3+ weeks (Thanksgiving could be his first game back). I will be rooting for the packers to win vs the Eagles and Giants, to hopefully have both teams at 7-3 on turkey day. I don't want any fan/media opinion asterisk on the Lions season this year would love to beat a healthy Packers team and take over the NFC north division. With our remaining schedule and the fact that N.O. and Seattle have some tough games ahead, 12-4 and a first round bye is not entirely out of the realm of possibility, especially if Reggie Bush and Nick Fairley start to give us more production on the field.

Not entirely deserved, because they're clearly not a 12-4 team, but I'd be happy about it anyway if it were to happen.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the season had ended on Monday morning, the Lions would have missed the playoffs. If the season ended today, we would get a home playoff game. Laughing

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: NFC Playoff picture Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
It's the halfway point in the season and I think it's time we can start ruling teams out of the playoff hunt.

As things stand after nine weeks:
1. Seattle Seahawks (8-1)
2. New Orleans Saints (6-2)
3. Detroit Lions (5-3)
4. Dallas Cowboys (5-4)
5. San Fransisco 49ers (6-2)
6. Carolina Panthers (5-3)

Outside looking in:
Green Bay Packers (5-3)
Chicago Bears (5-3)
Arizona Cardinals (4-4)

Falling behind the pack:
Philadelphia Eagles (4-5)
Washington Redskins (3-5)

Lions Remaining Schedule:
@Chicago Bears (5-3)
@Pittsburgh Steelers (2-6)
Tampa Bay (0-Cool
Green Bay (5-3)
@Philadelphia (4-5)
Baltimore (3-5)
New York Giants (2-6)
@ Minnesota Vikings (1-7)

Post week 9 update

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand how great it feels to be looking at the Lions and feeling optimistic. But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm concerned about the Lions coming off a bye week and showing some rust in the passing game. Stafford usually starts off a bit sluggish and with the extra week off he maybe starts a bit slower than normal.

The Bears have injuries but are still a very talented team. The Bears oline is much improved and the defence just seems to roll every year. Cutler is expected to start which may be a good thing because he's bound to be a bit sluggish.

Soldier field, outdoors in November means inclimate weather could really impact the Lions although thankfully the team has a much better running attack than in past seasons.

The Packers are on the Thanksgiving menu and it looks like Rodgers won't be playing. The Packers are a wiley team and regardless of injuries have good depth. At least the game is indoors and the Lions avoid a late season matchup in Lambeau.

The Lions certainly have the talent to win out but I don't expect it to happen. They can't afford to take any plays off and I just don't see the discipline required to not be disappointed a few times. It's also likely that some of the Lions opponents will get things going in the second half of the season.

There's a possibility of the Lions being beaten by Philadelphia, Chicago, Green Bay, Baltimore. Lets also not forget the Lions managed to lose their final 8 games last year.

Historically teams that start 5-3 almost always make the post season. I think the Lions will make the post season I'm just not confident they in the NFC North but it would be great if they did.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we're Lions fans, we're aware that we could lose to anyone. Laughing

However, from here on out we should be the favorites in every game (if Rodgers is out for Thanksgiving that is). I can't remember that ever happening before at week 9.

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nnivolcm"]Yes, we're Lions fans, we're aware that we could lose to anyone. Laughing

However, from here on out we should be the favorites in every game (if Rodgers is out for Thanksgiving that is). I can't remember that ever happening before at week 9.[/quote]

Really?

Shucks, thought I was in the purple lounge. Hmmm grandfather got like this near the end. Laughing

I agree, I'm more optimistic Thani think I've ever been. 5-3 is a good start and most teams usually make the playoffs from here. In the eight games remaining I think only two have winning records. Worst case scenario would be a split finishing 9-7 which may be good enough in itself for a wild card. I really hope they do better than a split though and it's quite doable.

If a Stafford were to finish the year the way he played in the second half against Dallas the Lions are going to win more than 4 games.

One thing I can guarantee. I really, really, really want to come to Detroit in January and not because I enjoy Michigan in the winter!

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: