Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 7 @ Lions (4-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Bengals
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Lions
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
My fantasy football team
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:
The deep balls were poor, but other than that Dalton was outstanding today.

Some of you guys seem infatuated by deep balls.

Staffords' deep balls were superb, but he lost.
Roethlisburgers deep balls were superb, but he lost.
Thad Lewis deep balls were superb, but he lost.
Rodgers deep balls were superb, but he lost.
Bradys deep balls were superb, but he lost.

Bengals QB today 24/34 for 372 yds, 3TD's, zero INTs, and has posted better numbers than all of those QB's in those 5 wins.

Perhaps you'd all be happier if the QB hit 4 deep balls a game, but we were 2 and 5 ?

Like Jeff Blake perhaps.........

You are missing the point. Yes we won. Yes we are very happy.

But yes, Dalton left points out there in a close game. If he hits those, Bengals win by 14 or more, assuming Detroit still scores at the pace they did.

I'm convinced it's a timing thing now. We know he doesn't have a cannon, but why not throw it a step or two earlier and let Green just run to it?
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about awful defense specifically on 3rd downs. We can't get pressure or stop anyone

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to draft a corner or 2 this year. Injuries are a concern along with age. Give me 2 in the first 4 rounds. A Center at some point and a cover LB

theJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:

Dude, seriously... give it a rest.

You couldn't possibly have taken my post more out of context and your post is just one long hyperbole.

Do you seriously have to nitpick every damn thing someone says about Dalton that isn't "OMG I LOVE THE RED RIFLE!!!"? I said he was outstanding today. What the hell more do you want?

I'm not a homer, and I'm not going to pretend that Dalton is the world's greatest QB. I'm sorry you have a problem with this for some reason, but it's my opinion, and your constant "Andy Dalton was better than this guy" rants aren't going to change my mind.

I don't give a s**t about who the Bengal QB is, nor do I LOVE him particularly, I see the same holes in his game as you do.

I'm just criticising this obsession folks have with the deep ball, and thinking its the be all and end all of the game; and yes; I will and do 'nitpik' with comment about any player or situation that I think is wrong; that's why we all post on this site.

I think I'm in order to point out that all our opponent QB's have thrown better deep balls than our QB, but have all lost.

You'll have to explain what 'hyperbole' means. To me its a ten-pin bowling alley in East London.......

Hyperbole: a deliberate exaggeration used for effect.

No, you're not criticizing anyone "obsessing" (another hyperbole) over the deep ball. You've been criticizing anyone and everyone since the first week of the year who says anything the slightest bit negative about Dalton. I don't know why, and I don't care either.

You pointed out all those QBs who Dalton has beaten this year, while also stating their "deep balls were superb". Wtf?

1) you do realize football is a team sport right? You're insinuating that Dalton deserves all the credit when they win and he was better than each QB, which is bogus. If Brady goes 25/30 for 400 yards, 4 TDs and 0 INTs, and Dalton goes 8/24 for 125 yards, 0 TDs and 3 INTs... yet the Bengals win... you would somehow find a way to say "Dalton beat Brady, he must have been better today, blah blah blah". Honestly, I don't get your agenda here.

2) Do you have any factual evidence whatsoever that those QBs actually threw better deep balls than Dalton on those days? And by the same logic, did Dalton throw better deep balls than Cutler and Hoyer in our two losses?

3) I simply stated his deep balls were poor today, and while that is debatable, most Bengal fans would agree. Unsurprisingly, you can't let go the one negative comment I made about Dalton. You do this every week, with anyone who says anything slightly negative about him.

I'm not going to argue with you ad nauseam. Keep on making extreme exaggerations about Dalton to prove whatever point it is you're trying to make though. I said he played outstanding, and he did. If you want to make more of it then by all means, go ahead.

Back story: after week 2, there were a few guys (that shall be unnamed) that claimed that Dalton needed to be replaced immediately. As in like before practice on Wednesday. A fight ensued, and it's boiled over to week 7.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:

But yes, Dalton left points out there in a close game. If he hits those, Bengals win by 14 or more, assuming Detroit still scores at the pace they did.

I'm convinced it's a timing thing now. We know he doesn't have a cannon, but why not throw it a step or two earlier and let Green just run to it?

I agree. That's what Brees does so successfully, and Tom Brady. And now everyone has stopped criticizing them for their "average" arm.

There was a lot of talk about timing being the issue this offseason and last. The problem is that no matter how much they practice, Andy still gets flustered when the line starts getting pushed back into his face. It's why he missed the deep ball over the middle to AJ. Not making excuses for Andy: it's just why he missed it. He can make that throw with no pressure, but unfortunately those situations just don't happen in the NFL. He needs to learn how to make those throws when the DT in his face.

theJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
We need to draft a corner or 2 this year. Injuries are a concern along with age. Give me 2 in the first 4 rounds. A Center at some point and a cover LB

At the end of the year we may end up agreeing. But the fact is that they've done that and there's unproven talent on the team. Dre needs to step up in a big way now, and Ghee too. If they do step up, there may not be a need.

theJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Talk about awful defense specifically on 3rd downs. We can't get pressure or stop anyone

Disagree there a little. The pressure was good, Stafford was just unloading after his 3 step drop. Ain't no defense that can get to the QB that fast (unless they're unblocked, like the blitz at the end).

The secondary needed to cover a little better than they did. Too many slants given up on 3rd down. Seems ridiculous that at least one wouldn't be picked by a LB sliding over.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Dre needs to step up in a big way now, and Ghee too. If they do step up, there may not be a need.

Pretty sure Ghee hurt himself walking to the kitchen to get some water. Can't rely on him. Time to promote Clark Lewis-Harris to the game day roster...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

At the end of the year we may end up agreeing. But the fact is that they've done that and there's unproven talent on the team. Dre needs to step up in a big way now, and Ghee too. If they do step up, there may not be a need.

No I agree. As of now that is what I feel our needs are. Obviously, that can change. But corner does worry me for the sheer fact that Hall is hurt again, Jones has been terrible all year and Newman isnt getting younger. Ghee and Kirk will get their chance, but really need to step up.

ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

I agree. That's what Brees does so successfully, and Tom Brady. And now everyone has stopped criticizing them for their "average" arm.

There was a lot of talk about timing being the issue this offseason and last. The problem is that no matter how much they practice, Andy still gets flustered when the line starts getting pushed back into his face. It's why he missed the deep ball over the middle to AJ. Not making excuses for Andy: it's just why he missed it. He can make that throw with no pressure, but unfortunately those situations just don't happen in the NFL. He needs to learn how to make those throws when the DT in his face.

Absolutely agree. Andy struggles with the deep throws. If he could have gotten a bit more on those passes to AJ, the game is over. He needs to get rid of the ball early instead of waiting and under throwing everything. If he ever learns to throw a good deep ball, this offense will take a huge step.

He played really well today, but still needs to handle pressure better. He panics and makes throws he should not or he takes a sack. He is far from perfect, but has played well the past 2 games, he just needs to go over the middle to our TE's more.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love that AJ Green looks to Megatron as his mentor...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
Hyperbole: a deliberate exaggeration used for effect
Thanks for clearing that up; I didn't know.......

Hokie wrote:
No, you're not criticizing anyone "obsessing" (another hyperbole) over the deep ball. You've been criticizing anyone and everyone since the first week of the year who says anything the slightest bit negative about Dalton.
To repeat, I don't particularly care who the Bengal QB is; if he doesn't work out we move on to the next guy. I just believe that most of the criticism is inbalanced, and is not often supported by the stats. He missed AJ on a couple of deep balls today, but has anyone looked at the film and noticed that Suh had crunched the pocket and there wasn't the space or time to step into ?

Hokie wrote:
You pointed out all those QBs who Dalton has beaten this year, while also stating their "deep balls were superb".
That's right. All those QB's had better deep balls on the day, or by popular concensus, 'have better deep balls' than our QB, but they counted for nothing because they lost. I thought that was worth pointing out.

Hokie wrote:
1) you do realize football is a team sport right?
No, I didn't realise football was a team sport; thanks for pointing that out.......

Hokie wrote:
You're insinuating that Dalton deserves all the credit when they win and he was better than each QB, which is bogus.
No, over much of the season the QB has; (rightly); received lots of criticism for his mistakes, but gets little credit for the fact that he is in general terms is a good 'game manager' who makes few errors, a fact that Marvin and the coaches like. He certainly is an improvement IMO in that respect over Palmer, and all the previous QB's we've had through here since Boomer. I'm not, and never have said that our QB is a 'better' QB than Brady, Roethlisburger, Rodgers, Stafford or anyone else, but he did put up better numbers than all of those guys when we played them. Not beating the 'big' teams has been a constant knock on this team.

Hokie wrote:
Honestly, I don't get your agenda here.
There's no agenda. Like you, I just want this team to be successful.

Hokie wrote:
2) Do you have any factual evidence whatsoever that those QBs actually threw better deep balls than Dalton on those days?
The film is out there; if I could be bothered I could probably go and look for you. Certainly today, Stafford threw 'better deep balls' but lost.

Hokie wrote:
3) I simply stated his deep balls were poor today, and while that is debatable, most Bengal fans would agree.
Sure, but 'most Bengal fans'; (including you); would not look at the film and see Ndamkong Suh all over Kyle Cooks grill and realise that the QB could not step into his throw. That's why The Bengal coaches appreciate his work, but folks like you say 'his deep balls were poor today'...... that's not the whole story........

Hokie wrote:
3).......you can't let go the one negative comment I made about Dalton. You do this every week, with anyone who says anything slightly negative about him.
If you check my post, I didn't mention you specifically. No, I don't do this 'every week', because I haven't posted 'every week'; (I think you're using 'hyperbole' there)...... but yeah; if I read posts about any player I don't think are right, I'll post'; (eg; like Maualuga and Mays this year, who are playing better, and exemplify the plain fact that players can improve beyond their 2nd year in the league).

Hokie wrote:
I'm not going to argue with you ad nauseam.
Yes you are; and you should continue to IMO. Keep debating my friend, that's what keeps this forum going. Neither of us are right all the time, but its still fun talking about it.

Hokie wrote:
Keep on making extreme exaggerations about Dalton to prove whatever point it is you're trying to make though.
I don't think the arguments I make about the QB are 'extreme' or 'exaggerated', because the numbers usually back up what I have to say. Like todays debate about the 'deep ball' being overrated. Usually the single most important stat in most games is turnover ratio rather than deep ball %, and today; outside of Gresham; we didn't turn it over or make mental errors.

Hokie wrote:
I said he played outstanding, and he did.If you want to make more of it then by all means, go ahead.
I don't agree that he was 'outstanding' today. Just did enough to win.

===================================

Anyways, somehow we're 5-2, and with BAL & CLE losing today, if we beat the Jets next week, we'll have a 3 game lead at the halfway point in the seasan. Lets all be thankful for that.

Last edited by LondonBengal on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
That's what Brees does so successfully, and Tom Brady. And now everyone has stopped criticizing them for their "average" arm.

I would just urge caution about the Brady 'god-worship', and go have a quick look at the Pats forum.

Even a multiple SB winning all-time-great QB like Brady is getting blasted by the Pats fans after being blanked by us and the hated Jets today.

Just goes to prove this is a team game where the QB gets too much credit for wins, and too much criticism with a loss.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

No I agree. As of now that is what I feel our needs are. Obviously, that can change. But corner does worry me for the sheer fact that Hall is hurt again, Jones has been terrible all year and Newman isnt getting younger. Ghee and Kirk will get their chance, but really need to step up.
Agree; DB's looking a big concern right now.

Can't believe we're 5-2
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Love that AJ Green looks to Megatron as his mentor...

Calvin is huge haha.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: