Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade for a WR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

I would not feel comfortable with Stewart as our main back. He has proven to be a complimentary back at best. He simply cannot stay healthy. I am much more comfortable with Williams as the #1.

Just looking at the contracts, apparently Gettleman disagrees with you.

To be fair, Hurney made the contracts, Gettleman did what he could to lower our cap space, he didn't have much flexibility in terms of how he could adjust the contracts. I don't think it was a sign of a future plan as much as getting us under the cap at the time.

Maybe D-Wills play and Stewarts bench ridingness will change his mind.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
To be fair, Hurney made the contracts, Gettleman did what he could to lower our cap space, he didn't have much flexibility in terms of how he could adjust the contracts. I don't think it was a sign of a future plan as much as getting us under the cap at the time.

Stewart's cap number really didn't come down that much. It seemed to be more a case of moving salary over the next two years into money from 2015-2017. Williams' deal voids after the 2015 season, but Stewart's cap hit inflates to over 8 million for 2015, and Williams will have already been paid the bulk of his guaranteed money. If Williams isn't cut after 2014 i'd be shocked.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
faccda01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

Stewart's cap number really didn't come down that much. It seemed to be more a case of moving salary over the next two years into money from 2015-2017. Williams' deal voids after the 2015 season, but Stewart's cap hit inflates to over 8 million for 2015, and Williams will have already been paid the bulk of his guaranteed money. If Williams isn't cut after 2014 i'd be shocked.

I'd say that makes Stewart a likely cut in 2014. Thats a lot of money for a guy that will play for 8 games a year at most.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
I'd say that makes Stewart a likely cut in 2014. Thats a lot of money for a guy that will play for 8 games a year at most.

There's no way we could feasibly cut him in 2014. Especially if we have any hope of extending Cam, Hardy or signing anyone else.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
panattack86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to trade stewart for nicks as long as the trade verbiage includes nicks signing a deal with us. i would evan trade jstew & a 5th for nicks.

One thing i dont understand is how would we have dead money if stewart is traded? Doesnt his contract and signing bonus go with him?
Cypher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
I would love to trade stewart for nicks as long as the trade verbiage includes nicks signing a deal with us. i would evan trade jstew & a 5th for nicks.

One thing i dont understand is how would we have dead money if stewart is traded? Doesnt his contract and signing bonus go with him?

Guaranteed money stays with the team who is trading the player.

NS922 wrote:
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
panattack86 wrote:

Guaranteed money stays with the team who is trading the player.

Sort of. Signing bonus and any other bonuses paid out prior to the trade stick with the team trading the player. All future guaranteed money is taken on by the team acquiring him.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:

We could base the trade contingent on Nicks signing a long term contract.

Very similar to how teams base a trade on a player passing a physical.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need to move smitty to the slot and get ginn on the outside...use 89 like the steelers used hines ward late in his career with ginn taking the top off the defense. ginn is in his prime and needs to see the ball more

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon rumors are heating up again. Apparently a few teams have already put in offers for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/handicapping-the-josh-gordon-derby/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Gordon rumors are heating up again. Apparently a few teams have already put in offers for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/handicapping-the-josh-gordon-derby/

It all comes down to asking price, I wouldn't give anymore than a 2nd for him given his history and that he's yet to prove anything significant.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way I would even give a 2nd for a player that is one mistake from missing an entire year. 4th is more what I would do and would be happier to give the 5th we should be getting from the Giants for the Beason trade.
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give up a 2nd for him. He would easily solve our WR questions for this upcoming draft/off season, and we can focus on rebuilding the Oline.

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grizzly224 wrote:
No way I would even give a 2nd for a player that is one mistake from missing an entire year. 4th is more what I would do and would be happier to give the 5th we should be getting from the Giants for the Beason trade.

If that is the most we offer we might as well not even bother. A 2nd will be the minimum we have to give up, and we may need to throw in a player as well. We might be able to get by with a 3rd and Stewart, but I don't know if Cleveland would do that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way give up a 2nd then he get's suspeneded for a year and you need to draft one anyway.

Thanks CK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: