Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade for a WR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
We'll trade you sidney rice for a 5th, 4th if we can restructure the contract first?

I'd do that. He'd be the immediate #2 in our WR corp.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
imani wrote:
We'll trade you sidney rice for a 5th, 4th if we can restructure the contract first?

I would roll the dice on that one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
imani wrote:

No way! Most I'd trade for him is a conditional 7th that can become a 6th if he stays healthy, which he will not. One of the most injury prone players in the league is not worth that high a pick. Especially one who has not been that great when he is healthy.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
imani wrote:

No way! Most I'd trade for him is a conditional 7th that can become a 6th if he stays healthy, which he will not. One of the most injury prone players in the league is not worth that high a pick. Especially one who has not been that great when he is healthy.

I have no problems trading away picks once we get past the 4th round; most of those players do not pan out anyways. Plus we picked up an additional 5th in the Beason trade, so trading away one to pick up a guy who could potentially contribute in a big way is not too out of the question.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
imani wrote:

I have no problems trading away picks once we get past the 4th round; most of those players do not pan out anyways. Plus we picked up an additional 5th in the Beason trade, so trading away one to pick up a guy who could potentially contribute in a big way is not too out of the question.

Agreed. He has shown that he can be among the most talented WRs back during the Favre Minnesota years. I think a 5th rounder is not out of the question. A 4th may be a bit much though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In his six full seasons in the league, Sidney Rice has had only two seasons where he surpassed 500 yards. Two! Which is also the number of seasons that he's played all 16 games. The only year where he was even above-average was the year where Favre blew up.

I wouldn't trade anything for him, even if he wasn't making $9 million a year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
boondock wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
boondock wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
imani wrote:

Agreed. He has shown that he can be among the most talented WRs back during the Favre Minnesota years. I think a 5th rounder is not out of the question. A 4th may be a bit much though.

If I guy like Anquan Boldin....a key piece for a super bowl winning team gets shipped away for a 6th....I'd say Sidney Rice is a 7th round value.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we all thinking of the same guy? Sydney Rice? Never stays healthy, only one decent season, Sydney Rice? He is not a player that is going to get anyone over the hump, even if he wasn't always on the bench. I'd rather take a chance on a rookie or save those picks for a trade for a player who can actually stay healthy.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Gil_Brandt proposed a J Stew for Hakeem Nicks trade

Quote:
Why it would make sense: Presuming Stewart, who started the season on the physically unable to perform list after undergoing offseason ankle surgery, is fully healthy, this deal would help both teams. The Giants need running back help, and Stewart is still a relatively young guy (26) who did top 1,000 yards from scrimmage (including 1,133 rushing yards in 2009) in two of the past four seasons. The Panthers, meanwhile, could use a talented receiver like Nicks, who has the potential to give Cam Newton a great boost. While veteran Steve Smith would continue to be the No. 1 receiver in Carolina this season, the Panthers could likely convince Nicks that he would be the man in the future.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264417/article/hakeem-nicks-to-panthers-among-trades-that-would-make-sense

Thanks CK
rjkilla

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
@Gil_Brandt proposed a J Stew for Hakeem Nicks trade

Quote:
Why it would make sense: Presuming Stewart, who started the season on the physically unable to perform list after undergoing offseason ankle surgery, is fully healthy, this deal would help both teams. The Giants need running back help, and Stewart is still a relatively young guy (26) who did top 1,000 yards from scrimmage (including 1,133 rushing yards in 2009) in two of the past four seasons. The Panthers, meanwhile, could use a talented receiver like Nicks, who has the potential to give Cam Newton a great boost. While veteran Steve Smith would continue to be the No. 1 receiver in Carolina this season, the Panthers could likely convince Nicks that he would be the man in the future.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264417/article/hakeem-nicks-to-panthers-among-trades-that-would-make-sense

injury prone player for injury prone player straight up? i guess i'd be ok with that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
injury prone player for injury prone player straight up? i guess i'd be ok with that

Sounds good in theory, but cap-wise it would probably kill us. We'd be eating a TON of dead money for Stewie and putting all of our hopes on Williams being able to carry the load for another year or so. If you look at the contracts and the way Gettleman structured them it would seem his plan is to keep Williams around through 2014 and then dump him, handing the reigns to Stewie.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stew for Nicks straight up?

Sounds to good to be true.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
faccda01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

Sounds good in theory, but cap-wise it would probably kill us. We'd be eating a TON of dead money for Stewie and putting all of our hopes on Williams being able to carry the load for another year or so. If you look at the contracts and the way Gettleman structured them it would seem his plan is to keep Williams around through 2014 and then dump him, handing the reigns to Stewie.

I would not feel comfortable with Stewart as our main back. He has proven to be a complimentary back at best. He simply cannot stay healthy. I am much more comfortable with Williams as the #1.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:

I would not feel comfortable with Stewart as our main back. He has proven to be a complimentary back at best. He simply cannot stay healthy. I am much more comfortable with Williams as the #1.

Just looking at the contracts, apparently Gettleman disagrees with you.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
faccda01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

Just looking at the contracts, apparently Gettleman disagrees with you.

To be fair, Hurney made the contracts, Gettleman did what he could to lower our cap space, he didn't have much flexibility in terms of how he could adjust the contracts. I don't think it was a sign of a future plan as much as getting us under the cap at the time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: