Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade for a WR?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Trade for a WR? Reply with quote

We are 2-3 right now, and can find our way into the playoff hunt with a string of wins. There is 15 days left until the trade deadline, with a few WRs that could potentially move teams. In order of most likely to be traded:

Hackeem Nicks, NYG
Josh Gordon, Cle
Justin Blackmon, Jax

I think the latter two will stay with their current teams at least through the year. I do think Nicks moves, however. I feel like we are in the position that we should deal for him. A playmaking WR can really do wonders especially on a team without one right now.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love the idea of having a big bodied physical receiver with huge hands on our team. I think Cam's over throwing problems wouldn't exist with a guy like Nicks who can go up and grab the ball out of the air.

For me it would depend on what we have to give up to get him. Straight up trade for Jonathan Stewart? Absolutely.

Giving up a 1st round pick would not be something I would want to do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
I would love the idea of having a big bodied physical receiver with huge hands on our team. I think Cam's over throwing problems wouldn't exist with a guy like Nicks who can go up and grab the ball out of the air.

For me it would depend on what we have to give up to get him. Straight up trade for Jonathan Stewart? Absolutely.

Problem with Nicks is that he's in a contract year and we need to pay Cam, Hardy and soon to be Kuechly.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not opposed if the price is right.

Smitty is obviously done. We need someone and I'd much rather spend a draft pick on a guy that can contribute right away opposed to a guy we would have to develop for a few years through the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to find myself obsessed with Nicks finding a way to the Panthers. Maybe because he is from the area. I don't know.
With that said, I don't think the Giants get much for him because he is in a contract year and they don't have any leverage. They are 0-6 and going no place. They already signed Cruz to a new contract and have pretty much said they will not bring back Nicks.
Any team that trades for Nicks will be doing so as a half year fill in with first shot at getting a new contract. I would love to see the Panthers make a run at him but I don't think I would give more than a 4th and there is no way I would trade Stew for him.
ericr0319

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Trade for a WR? Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
We are 2-3 right now, and can find our way into the playoff hunt with a string of wins. There is 15 days left until the trade deadline, with a few WRs that could potentially move teams. In order of most likely to be traded:

Hackeem Nicks, NYG
Josh Gordon, Cle
Justin Blackmon, Jax

I think the latter two will stay with their current teams at least through the year. I do think Nicks moves, however. I feel like we are in the position that we should deal for him. A playmaking WR can really do wonders especially on a team without one right now.

Thoughts?

why do you think Blackmon would be on the trade block? He is in his 2nd year. And he is proving to be an absolute monster.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade for a WR? Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

Hackeem Nicks, NYG
Josh Gordon, Cle
Justin Blackmon, Jax

Thoughts?

why do you think Blackmon would be on the trade block? He is in his 2nd year. And he is proving to be an absolute monster.

Because his team is 0-6 and has more holes than swiss cheese. He was already rumored to be available at the beginning of the year, and I'd imagine that the Jags would jump at the chance to get another first rounder to improve their team.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a reason these guys are on the block. Nicks is a free agent after the year, so we can take a shot at him without giving up a future asset. And both Blackmon and Gordon have been suspended and are character risks. I don't see Carolina moving for any of those players at anything near what the market would demand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:

Problem with Nicks is that he's in a contract year and we need to pay Cam, Hardy and soon to be Kuechly.

They are losing Nicks at the end of the season. He is a bit injury prone. He is not fetching a first rounder, so I think your fear is not going to be realized.

If we sign Nicks, I am guessing that Hardy will not be signed. Just a hunch.

I am also of the opinion that Cam is not a given. If we are not winning by contract negotiation time, Gettlemen willl not make him rich.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Nicks as a player, but he's always banged up. If he had been completely healthy, I'd be fine with giving up a 2nd round pick or something like that for him. But that, combined with the type of contract we'd have to pay him, I think the concerns are just too much. Maybe we look at him if he its free agency, but I think a trade is out of the question.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno if they do it in the NFL but a cheap sign and trade with nicks I would be down for. He has a lot to prove but if, and it's a very big if, he can stay healthy then he will be solid and esp if we draft a wr early next year. I'd love Gordon but every week his price goes up and every other week he's either off or on the trade block and his suspensions have been well documented. I find it rather unlikely Blackmon is going anywhere.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll trade you sidney rice for a 5th, 4th if we can restructure the contract first?

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
fretgod99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give up a first for Blackmon in a heartbeat. Jags would be crazy to do it, though.

[quote="MrDrew"]Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?[/quote]
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing Jacksonville would keep Blackmon in hopes of pairing him with a competent quarterback in the spring.

I'd prefer Gordon over Nicks. Nicks is consistently injured, and just because Gordon is one strike away from a year long suspension doesn't mean he will get one. Besides, that would probably lower his price tag.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we make a trade i'd be willing to let go of an early pick(2nd or 3rd) for a OL. we need some legit talent on the right side. tolbert and ginn need to see the ball more on offense and we can go skill player early in the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: