Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Some points for Vick vs Foles thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FireC


Joined: 29 Dec 2010
Posts: 2336
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Some points for Vick vs Foles thread Reply with quote

I know I am linking to another place, but it is only a text-pasting site, and it would look ugly posted here:

http://justpaste.it/dcq0

For those who feel like reading the fairly-extensive retort, legit points or steaming pile of BS?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33594
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Chip makes the right choice and goes with Nick the rest of the way, we will win teh NFC east.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34439
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Foles, but I have to play devils advocate.

The Bucs have a decent defense, but the two teams Foles has played against are a combined 0-11. The Giants are giving up nearly 35 PPG
_________________
"Break the rules, but first break the rulers."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FireC


Joined: 29 Dec 2010
Posts: 2336
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
I'd like to see Foles, but I have to play devils advocate.

The Bucs have a decent defense, but the two teams Foles has played against are a combined 0-11. The Giants are giving up nearly 35 PPG


I don't really care about W-L record, that's something I differ on from other people, but the Giants defense 35 PPG given up is a strong point.. still dosen't take away from the fact Foles did something Brady/Brees could not, destroy this TB defense .. he probably had more help in the running game than did Brees/Brady though and has Chip Kelly working to maximize his efficiency..

I guess the other thing too is - doing things like that may not really matter too much - after all, Thad Lewis/Brian Hoyer (not as much) did well against a Bengals D that flustered Brady/Rodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 16257
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well just call this the Foles vs. Vick thread....


Anywho I'm still an advocate for Foles as he hasn't been bad and still has potential as a QB going forward on a team thats clearly rebuilding, we know what Vick is and has been for his career and I don't think he can help the Philadelphia Eagles.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33594
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Might as well just call this the Foles vs. Vick thread....


Anywho I'm still an advocate for Foles as he hasn't been bad and still has potential as a QB going forward on a team thats clearly rebuilding, we know what Vick is and has been for his career and I don't think he can help the Philadelphia Eagles.


hasn't been bad? understatement of the year. He has been the best qb in the NFC this year.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
eaglesfan10


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 10013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foles > Vick

All through the offseason and training camp I was on the Foles train with the reasoning that he and Vick seemed equal in that no one could outright win the competition. Since Foles is younger and has a future on this team (maybe) it makes no sense to start Vick.

After the Redskins game I was fine with Vick starting as long as we were winning but now that he led us to 1-3 and got injured, it's Foles time.
_________________
Phire wrote:
Cooper will fight every Raider there.


Last edited by eaglesfan10 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5775
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Might as well just call this the Foles vs. Vick thread....


Anywho I'm still an advocate for Foles as he hasn't been bad and still has potential as a QB going forward on a team thats clearly rebuilding, we know what Vick is and has been for his career and I don't think he can help the Philadelphia Eagles.


hasn't been bad? understatement of the year. He has been the best qb in the NFC this year.

GOAT
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33594
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope vick is still unhealthy for the cowboys game, after Nick puts up a 48 burger to put us alone in first place. Chip will have no choice.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 16257
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
hasn't been bad? understatement of the year. He has been the best qb in the NFC this year.


Followed up by a gross overstatement.

Small sample size not withstanding Foles has done some very good things in his limited time as a starter. I'm really not sure why people have already decided he's nothing more than a career back-up.



...then again I made the same case for Kolb so there's that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5775
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
hasn't been bad? understatement of the year. He has been the best qb in the NFC this year.


Followed up by a gross overstatement.

Small sample size not withstanding Foles has done some very good things in his limited time as a starter. I'm really not sure why people have already decided he's nothing more than a career back-up.

To me, he has shown that he can at least be a starter in this league. I don't know how good or bad, but I think he deserves a chance to be a full time starter somewhere. If that is in Philadelphia remains to be seen, but he is a talented young QB with a good head and solid physical attributes. I can think of 3-4 teams that would love to have a QB like Foles on their roster right now. But I do agree that is a major overstatement, he is the 4th best QB in the NFCE, but Vick is the 5th Wink
_________________


Last edited by AZ_Eaglesfan on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 16257
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Foles > Vick

All through the offseason and training camp I was on the Foles train with the reasoning that he and Vick seemed equal in that no one could outright win the competition. Since Foles is younger and has a future on this team (maybe) it makes no sense to start Vick.

After the Redskins game I was fine with Vick starting as long as we were winning but now that he led us to 1-3 and got injured, it's Foles time.


These two lines of thought contradict themselves. If it makes no sense to start Vick based on the training camp performances nd his age, why would it be ok for him to continue to be the starter just because he won his first game?

I think the only rational arguement for Vick to be ther starter is his running ability but everytime Foles plays he proves that its not necessary and the offense still functions fine.

In a perfect world I this this offense would flourish even more than it already has with a QB with the decision making and throwing capablity of Foles and the running ability of Vick but we won't have that until next season at the earliest.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33594
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
hasn't been bad? understatement of the year. He has been the best qb in the NFC this year.


Followed up by a gross overstatement.

Small sample size not withstanding Foles has done some very good things in his limited time as a starter. I'm really not sure why people have already decided he's nothing more than a career back-up.



...then again I made the same case for Kolb so there's that.


Nick has like a 20 point lead in qb rating over anyone in the NFC. I asserted a fact. Nick Foles has been the most impressive QB this year in the NFC.

He is statistically the best in his short sample size.


now is that over using the passer rating stat? perhaps. But it makes my argument so I'll do what I want.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
eaglesfan10


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 10013
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
Foles > Vick

All through the offseason and training camp I was on the Foles train with the reasoning that he and Vick seemed equal in that no one could outright win the competition. Since Foles is younger and has a future on this team (maybe) it makes no sense to start Vick.

After the Redskins game I was fine with Vick starting as long as we were winning but now that he led us to 1-3 and got injured, it's Foles time.


These two lines of thought contradict themselves. If it makes no sense to start Vick based on the training camp performances nd his age, why would it be ok for him to continue to be the starter just because he won his first game?

I think the only rational arguement for Vick to be ther starter is his running ability but everytime Foles plays he proves that its not necessary and the offense still functions fine.

In a perfect world I this this offense would flourish even more than it already has with a QB with the decision making and throwing capablity of Foles and the running ability of Vick but we won't have that until next season at the earliest.


Because winning is more important than anything which swayed my opinion slightly. But we then lost 3 straight and now Foles is proving why he should be the starter by out playing Vick.
_________________
Phire wrote:
Cooper will fight every Raider there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 16257
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Because winning is more important than anything which swayed my opinion slightly. But we then lost 3 straight and now Foles is proving why he should be the starter by out playing Vick.


I'll agree regarding winning>anything else but in theory Foles couild have won the Washington game if they were equals coming out of training camp. I will also play devils advocate and say that people on the Vick side of the fence might argue that the defense lost 2 of those games, not the offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group