Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Bostick
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jsitton71#


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 820
Location: kenosha
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Brandon Bostick Reply with quote

Some people are talking about trading for Wr's Like Hakeem Nicks. But you have to take on his salary which may hurt us resigning our own. We have an cheap option in Bostick, a guy that fueled preseason trade offers. What would you think about going two TE sets ala New England. Or we just make Finley a wide out and Make Bostick the pass catching TE. Just to get by for the next 4 weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Trizzcuit


Joined: 23 Apr 2013
Posts: 662
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Brandon Bostick Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
Some people are talking about trading for Wr's Like Hakeem Nicks. But you have to take on his salary which may hurt us resigning our own. We have an cheap option in Bostick, a guy that fueled preseason trade offers. What would you think about going two TE sets ala New England. Or we just make Finley a wide out and Make Bostick the pass catching TE. Just to get by for the next 4 weeks.


Well I don't see any reason to call for a trade until we find out the exact injuries and timetables we are facing. But from all accounts its sounds like we are going to be rather lucky. All indications so far is that the injuries to Jones and Cobb are not "serious". Add the fact hat TT does not trade for quick fixes and I see no way we give up a pick for a Nicks, Gordon, or Britt.

What we need to do is run the ball. The TEs will also have to step up. Finley will have to be more sure handed and smarter. Quarless and Bostick will have to contribute somehow if either WR is out for a significant period of time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikemike778


Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 219
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah expect gameplan will feature a lot more 2 TE sets next week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kal-El


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 3538
Location: Milwaukee, WI. Team: Packers.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... or, we can use him as a receiver, as is part of his job.

If our intent was to trade him, he'd have been traded long ago.

They kept him so he would play when the time came. I'd say now is about time to see what he can do in live action.
_________________
> mfw users post PFF-nonsense
> mfw I have no face
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3557
Location: SNJ
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
... or, we can use him as a receiver, as is part of his job.

If our intent was to trade him, he'd have been traded long ago.

They kept him so he would play when the time came. I'd say now is about time to see what he can do in live action.
Played WR in college.
_________________
mccammon07 wrote:
We should give Nick Perry a shot at ILB this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frank-O


Joined: 20 Jun 2012
Posts: 1021
Location: Wisconsin - Cheeseland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep thinking to myself; Bostick could be our Julius Thomas...

Wish we would give him a chance!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jsitton71#


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 820
Location: kenosha
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
I keep thinking to myself; Bostick could be our Julius Thomas...

Wish we would give him a chance!
I heard people say he has the same skill set as Finley. I know he's faster, Finley at full speed looks like he's jogging. Looks like the Packers will go a lot of two TE sets Sunday according to the greenbay gazette, But They called up Stoneburner so I don't know if Bostick will play a role or not. Like you I don't know why they wont give the guy a shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
{Family Ghost}


Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 1249
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time Bostick got a chance to show what he can do. I think Stoneburner was signed with special teams in mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13464
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
It's about time Bostick got a chance to show what he can do. I think Stoneburner was signed with special teams in mind.


Yeah, probably going to view Finley as a WR more so than a TE for a few weeks as well. Looks like the Packers are going to be down Taylor for a few weeks also.

Either way, getting to the point in the season where ya better find space on your roster for the PS guys you like because if you don't others will. Injuries.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 11683
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
It's about time Bostick got a chance to show what he can do. I think Stoneburner was signed with special teams in mind.


Yeah, probably going to view Finley as a WR more so than a TE for a few weeks as well. Looks like the Packers are going to be down Taylor for a few weeks also.

Either way, getting to the point in the season where ya better find space on your roster for the PS guys you like because if you don't others will. Injuries.


see: Tavarres King
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
squire12


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 1763
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
It's about time Bostick got a chance to show what he can do. I think Stoneburner was signed with special teams in mind.


Yeah, probably going to view Finley as a WR more so than a TE for a few weeks as well. Looks like the Packers are going to be down Taylor for a few weeks also.

Either way, getting to the point in the season where ya better find space on your roster for the PS guys you like because if you don't others will. Injuries.


see: Tavarres King and Johnson, Charles


FIFY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skibrett15


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 1090
Location: nibelheim
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read that charles johnson had a torn ACL and won't play a down for anyone. Strange how our med staff could miss that isn't it?

Or is it expected at this point that we miss stuff like that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13464
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be the first to give ya that one. Gave away a damn solid prospect there. True fail in every way. LIS, you can get over the kid being called to a 53. But the way that thing played out is quite disturbing IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 8618
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst thing about this Charles Johnson fiasco is we could have stashed him on IR.
Brick wall
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13464
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group