Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Bostick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Brandon Bostick Reply with quote

Some people are talking about trading for Wr's Like Hakeem Nicks. But you have to take on his salary which may hurt us resigning our own. We have an cheap option in Bostick, a guy that fueled preseason trade offers. What would you think about going two TE sets ala New England. Or we just make Finley a wide out and Make Bostick the pass catching TE. Just to get by for the next 4 weeks.
Trizzcuit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Brandon Bostick Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:
Some people are talking about trading for Wr's Like Hakeem Nicks. But you have to take on his salary which may hurt us resigning our own. We have an cheap option in Bostick, a guy that fueled preseason trade offers. What would you think about going two TE sets ala New England. Or we just make Finley a wide out and Make Bostick the pass catching TE. Just to get by for the next 4 weeks.

Well I don't see any reason to call for a trade until we find out the exact injuries and timetables we are facing. But from all accounts its sounds like we are going to be rather lucky. All indications so far is that the injuries to Jones and Cobb are not "serious". Add the fact hat TT does not trade for quick fixes and I see no way we give up a pick for a Nicks, Gordon, or Britt.

What we need to do is run the ball. The TEs will also have to step up. Finley will have to be more sure handed and smarter. Quarless and Bostick will have to contribute somehow if either WR is out for a significant period of time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah expect gameplan will feature a lot more 2 TE sets next week.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... or, we can use him as a receiver, as is part of his job.

If our intent was to trade him, he'd have been traded long ago.

They kept him so he would play when the time came. I'd say now is about time to see what he can do in live action.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
... or, we can use him as a receiver, as is part of his job.

If our intent was to trade him, he'd have been traded long ago.

They kept him so he would play when the time came. I'd say now is about time to see what he can do in live action.
Played WR in college.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep thinking to myself; Bostick could be our Julius Thomas...

Wish we would give him a chance!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
I keep thinking to myself; Bostick could be our Julius Thomas...

Wish we would give him a chance!
I heard people say he has the same skill set as Finley. I know he's faster, Finley at full speed looks like he's jogging. Looks like the Packers will go a lot of two TE sets Sunday according to the greenbay gazette, But They called up Stoneburner so I don't know if Bostick will play a role or not. Like you I don't know why they wont give the guy a shot.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time Bostick got a chance to show what he can do. I think Stoneburner was signed with special teams in mind.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
It's about time Bostick got a chance to show what he can do. I think Stoneburner was signed with special teams in mind.

Yeah, probably going to view Finley as a WR more so than a TE for a few weeks as well. Looks like the Packers are going to be down Taylor for a few weeks also.

Either way, getting to the point in the season where ya better find space on your roster for the PS guys you like because if you don't others will. Injuries.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

Yeah, probably going to view Finley as a WR more so than a TE for a few weeks as well. Looks like the Packers are going to be down Taylor for a few weeks also.

Either way, getting to the point in the season where ya better find space on your roster for the PS guys you like because if you don't others will. Injuries.

see: Tavarres King

XBL: ShiiNyIV
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

see: Tavarres King and Johnson, Charles

FIFY
skibrett15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read that charles johnson had a torn ACL and won't play a down for anyone. Strange how our med staff could miss that isn't it?

Or is it expected at this point that we miss stuff like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be the first to give ya that one. Gave away a damn solid prospect there. True fail in every way. LIS, you can get over the kid being called to a 53. But the way that thing played out is quite disturbing IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst thing about this Charles Johnson fiasco is we could have stashed him on IR.
Brick wall

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: