Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roddy Admits He Should of Sat the First few Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Roddy Admits He Should of Sat the First few Games Reply with quote

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-falcons/2013/oct/12/roddy-white-says-falcons-have-no-identity-stink-re/

Pretty good article and breakdown from Roddy's Point of view. He states that he should of rested his ankle the first few games. That is a coaching decision and I blame Mike Smith for letting him go out there after the first game when it was clear he couldn't help.

Also, talks about how the Falcons have lost focus, the team has no idenitity and they suck in the redzone. All which are very true. Glad to hear this from a team leader. He also hasn't given up which is good to hear as well.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
terrell123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Shouldn't of been his choice. I said it from the jump(but they said he was a good decoy. smdh). This falls directly on the Head Coach. Cant blame Roddy. Players wanna play. Julio was a moving target out there with a hobbling White running around. Defenses knew we were going to Jones before we ran the play. No wonder hes hurt. Wr screen, after wr screen, after wr screen. He's not a freakin rb. But anyway. Too late now. Roddy just needs to shut up.....His mouth is starting to get on my nerves a lil bit. Too much talking......
swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
Roddy just needs to shut up.....His mouth is starting to get on my nerves a lil bit. Too much talking......
Do you guys see what I see?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
Roddy just needs to shut up.....His mouth is starting to get on my nerves a lil bit. Too much talking......

This gif is perfect.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
terrell123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

This is coming from one of the "decoy" guys who said White should be out there. Laughing Btw, this is a freakin blog. BLOGS ARE FOR TALKING...... Talking too much on a sports blog is an oxymoron. A.. hole. Its all good though. Im sure you and all of your fellow homers got a good laugh. Smile
One more thing
Terrell 3889 posts since 2008
Swoosh 6148 posts since 2010
Hell, you run your mouth waaaaay more than I do. Shame on you
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scar 29k posts since 2005.

what's your point here terrell.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

This is coming from one of the "decoy" guys who said White should be out there. Laughing Btw, this is a freakin blog. BLOGS ARE FOR TALKING...... Talking too much on a sports blog is an oxymoron. A.. hole. Its all good though. Im sure you and all of your fellow homers got a good laugh. Smile
One more thing

I'm so lost.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
terrell123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Scar 29k posts since 2005.

what's your point here terrell.
He insinuated that I talked too much. Hell, I guess that's what he was trying to say. Confusing when all he ever does is posts silly pictures. Point is, hes on here running his mouth( fingers) way more than I am. Wink No big deal. Im going to say what I want to say anyway....Agree or disagree. Who cares? I forgot how they get all sensitive when you say anything negative about TD or Smith.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on if Roddy is playing Sunday? And I wouldn't necessarily blame Smitty entirely.. I think Roddy wanted to keep the streak of "consecutive games started" going and kept playing when he knew he should have been resting it.

#FreeToddGurley
terrell123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Any news on if Roddy is playing Sunday? And I wouldn't necessarily blame Smitty entirely.. I think Roddy wanted to keep the streak of "consecutive games started" going and kept playing when he knew he should have been resting it.
So let Roddy play with a "high ankle sprain" to keep the streak going, even though its not in Roddys or the TEAMS best interest? Ada boy Smith. Way to go.
I havent heard if hes playing or not. Don't think he practiced though. Not sure. To be honest, Im just ready to see what Ryan can do vs a winless Bucs team in a must win situation. Get R done. No excuses.
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

One more thing
It's not about how many posts, it's about what's in those posts. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
terrell123 wrote:

One more thing
It's not about how many posts, it's about what's in those posts. Laughing

Maybe he has no input because he doesn't know what to say?

Pick6byWoodson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to come in here and ask the opinion of you guys since you guys are Falcons fans and would know more than me, but in my fantasy league, I have the #1 waiver spot, and someone dropped Roddy White. Is he worth the #1 waiver claim for me? (If it matters, my WRs are Cruz, Nicks, Gordon, and James Jones). I know White's stats this season are terrible, but does he project to be the Roddy White of old going forward?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick6byWoodson wrote:
I just wanted to come in here and ask the opinion of you guys since you guys are Falcons fans and would know more than me, but in my fantasy league, I have the #1 waiver spot, and someone dropped Roddy White. Is he worth the #1 waiver claim for me? (If it matters, my WRs are Cruz, Nicks, Gordon, and James Jones). I know White's stats this season are terrible, but does he project to be the Roddy White of old going forward?
pick him up and stash him for once he gets healthy.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Lentz33

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick6byWoodson wrote:

Pick him up and don't look back. He'll be the number 1 target in a couple weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: