Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

As of now, who would you resign next offseason?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: As of now, who would you resign next offseason? Reply with quote

As you boys know, we are going to have a ridiculous amount of cash next year. But with this great amount of cash, comes a great number of players contracts expiring. These are the notables who are FAs after this year. As you can see, Reggie is going to have his work cut out for him.

Phillip Adams
Khalif Barnes
Jacoby Ford
Andre Gurode
Lamarr Houston
Jason Hunter
Mike Jenkins
Rashad Jennings
Darren McFadden
Jamize Olawale
Tony Pashos
Tracy Porter
Brandian Ross
Brian Sanford
Pat Sims
Jeremy Stewart
Jared Veldheer
Vance Walker
Charles Woodson
Usama Young

Who would you resign as of now?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: As of now, who would you resign next offseason? Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

Phillip Adams
Jacoby Ford
Andre Gurode
Lamarr Houston
Mike Jenkins
Rashad Jennings
Jamize Olawale
Tony Pashos
Brandian Ross
Pat Sims
Jeremy Stewart
Jared Veldheer
Vance Walker
Charles Woodson

These guys, with Veldheer, Houston and Woodson being priority (and in order).
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: As of now, who would you resign next offseason? Reply with quote

All these guys can go IMO...
Phillip Adams
Andre Gurode
Jason Hunter
Mike Jenkins
Darren McFadden
Jamize Olawale
Brian Sanford
Jeremy Stewart
Usama Young

Should be resigned(In order of importance)...
Lamarr Houston
Jared Veldheer
Charles Woodson
Vance Walker
Pat Sims
Tony Pashos
Khalif Barnes
Rashad Jennings
Jacoby Ford
Brandian Ross
Tracy Porter

Houston, Veldheer, and Woodson are mandatory resignings IMO tho...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: As of now, who would you resign next offseason? Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
All these guys can go IMO...
Phillip Adams
Andre Gurode
Jason Hunter
Mike Jenkins
Darren McFadden
Jamize Olawale
Brian Sanford
Jeremy Stewart
Usama Young

Should be resigned(In order of importance)...
Lamarr Houston
Jared Veldheer
Charles Woodson
Vance Walker
Pat Sims
Tony Pashos
Khalif Barnes
Rashad Jennings
Jacoby Ford
Brandian Ross
Tracy Porter

Houston, Veldheer, and Woodson are mandatory resignings IMO tho...

I agree on most of what you have. I think we should bring back Mike Jenkins too though on another short term contract.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
reddevil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it depends on what you think you can improve on through the draft and FA. Take the defense for example. Tarver has done an unbelievable job with what he has - but I hope Reggie will be looking to get him some more tools to play with. The d-line has performed really well but I would happily not sign Walker if it meant we drafted a DT high. Similarly, even though Houston has been a revelation at RE I would happily draft a true pass-rushing DE and move Houston back to LE therefore not needing to resign Hunter.

I would expect another off-season with lots of changes to the roster. Not as much as this year but Reggie strikes me as someone always looking to upgrade. I don't think he'll rest on his laurels.
ch8878

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamarr Houston
Jacoby Ford
Jamize Olawale
Brandian Ross
Pat Sims
Jared Veldheer
Vance Walker
Charles Woodson
Usama Young

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: As of now, who would you resign next offseason? Reply with quote

I am very impressed w/ Ross at SS. I'd shop Branch in the offseason.

And personally, I hope they rebuild the entire offense how they did w/ the Defense in 2013. Start in the trenches around JV and upgrade the damn skill position players. They are so meh it's not even funny. Not a single player on offense who makes big plays when needed (maybe Streater).

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: As of now, who would you resign next offseason? Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

And personally, I hope they rebuild the entire offense how they did w/ the Defense in 2013. Start in the trenches around JV and upgrade the damn skill position players. They are so meh it's not even funny. Not a single player on offense who makes big plays when needed (maybe Streater).

Ill throw in Moore too. The dude has been super inconsistent, but seems to have gained some confidence back with TP.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if CIN would part with Jermaine Gresham we need a legit TE to add to the offense and fix the Oline.
ch8878

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: As of now, who would you resign next offseason? Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Yep they could move Branch get draft pick or two and save a ton of money.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, our defense is playing so well as a unit, I'd try to retain as many people as you could on defense, within financial reason. If certain guys like try to ask for a large amount of money, I'd say no.

The only other exception is if we could sign a big name over some of these guys. I'm sure Reggie will make at least one decent sized splash in free agency followed by a plethora of reasonable not-too-long contracts to good players.

On offense, I'd break the bank for Veldheer. And that's it. I'd like to bring back Jennings. But he's not that irreplaceable.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
G

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Honestly, our defense is playing so well as a unit, I'd try to retain as many people as you could on defense, within financial reason. If certain guys like try to ask for a large amount of money, I'd say no.

The only other exception is if we could sign a big name over some of these guys. I'm sure Reggie will make at least one decent sized splash in free agency followed by a plethora of reasonable not-too-long contracts to good players.

On offense, I'd break the bank for Veldheer. And that's it. I'd like to bring back Jennings. But he's not that irreplaceable.

You basically summed up my thoughts.
Woodson I could live without as I factor cost and age but as a team D, I'd like to keep it as intact as possible.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Woodson I could live without as I factor cost and age but as a team D, I'd like to keep it as intact as possible.

Woodson has lifted the spirit massively on the D, have to keep
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
G wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Woodson has lifted the spirit massively on the D, have to keep

Woodson has been huge for us but FS/S we should be looking to invest in next year. Could Ross play FS and Branch SS?
Seems to me in our defense we ask our safeties to be interchangeable and play both roles at times.
#clueless
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: As of now, who would you resign next offseason? Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
As you boys know, we are going to have a ridiculous amount of cash next year. But with this great amount of cash, comes a great number of players contracts expiring. These are the notables who are FAs after this year. As you can see, Reggie is going to have his work cut out for him.

Phillip Adams
Khalif Barnes
Jacoby Ford
Andre Gurode
Lamarr Houston
Jason Hunter
Mike Jenkins
Rashad Jennings
Darren McFadden
Jamize Olawale
Tony Pashos
Tracy Porter
Brandian Ross
Brian Sanford
Pat Sims
Jeremy Stewart
Jared Veldheer
Vance Walker
Charles Woodson
Usama Young

Who would you resign as of now?

Threads like this are a little difficult b/c we don't know what will happen or the game plan for the draft but just off of a performance based thought:

Houston should be signed to a very long term contract yesterday
Sims should be signed to a mediocre long term contract
Vance Walker to a back-up contract for a couple years. He's not a start but he'd be great depth IMO
Pashos should get a contract as he is a good back-up
Veldheer should get one but how much is based on what he does the rest of the year. I hope this injury doesn't linger. That would be awful. Kid is looking like the real deal and then this happens.
Ross should get a nice back-up contract (like someone else said, shopping Branch wouldn't be a bad idea)
Woodson could get another year or two if it's not too expensive. He's playing well now but let's not act like he's in his mid-30's anymore.
Jennings and Jenkins could get back-ups.

The rest I'm indifferent about. None are starters but I guess could be good depth. This is the portion where it gets really difficult. If we give them chump contracts, I'm fine w/ that, they are easily replaceable but they've been here. know the coaching, know the players, and know the scheme so I'd like to keep as many of those guys around but when we start really making a move, it's time to get solid depth also.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: