Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IF its not the Shananigans, who would you want as Coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
If we're going to the college ranks, Briles makes a lot of sense to reconnect RG3 with his college coach.
i got it. Hire Manusky to be the HC, and let him build his def staff. Then bring in Art Briles to be the offensive coordinator and work with RG3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
If we're going to the college ranks, Briles makes a lot of sense to reconnect RG3 with his college coach.
i got it. Hire Manusky to be the HC, and let him build his def staff. Then bring in Art Briles to be the offensive coordinator and work with RG3.

If we MUST let Shanahan go, this would make the most sense, but wasn't this a 5 Year plan?

Manusky/Briles sounds real good though
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

If we MUST let Shanahan go, this would make the most sense, but wasn't this a 5 Year plan?

it was, but will Shanahan return if he doesn't have a contract extension?

I think the balls in his court
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

I would say 99% he would.
Players have contract years, what's so odd about a coach having one?

This would be his Ultimate Challenge. A team he built in 5 years. Why would he not want to see it through? Some people might say his ego wouldn't let him step down, or would that be his desire, or perhaps both?

I hope we are about to go on a run which dispels alot of this conjecture, but I don't see Haslett making it back at this point...
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

I would say 99% he would.
Players have contract years, what's so odd about a coach having one?

This would be his Ultimate Challenge. A team he built in 5 years. Why would he not want to see it through? Some people might say his ego wouldn't let him step down, or would that be his desire, or perhaps both?

I hope we are about to go on a run which dispels alot of this conjecture, but I don't see Haslett making it back at this point...
All the beat reporters. Grant Paulsen, Chris Russell, Tarik El-Bashir, Jason Reid, John Keim, Rich Tandler etc, have said coaches of Shanahan's stature don't return for the final year of their contracts without a extension
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

lmao Briles is probably one of the most coveted coaches right now...not a chance he leaves Baylor for an coordinator job. If he comes to DC it's to be the head coach.
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

lmao Briles is probably one of the most coveted coaches right now...not a chance he leaves Baylor for an coordinator job. If he comes to DC it's to be the head coach.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks big name College HC's (IE: Shaw or Briles) are gonna leave their positions for anything other than another HC opportunity are insane.
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipe dream if it would happen

HC Briles
OC Montgomery
DC Spanos

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Well, IF Shanahan leaves getting Briles makes the most sense in any case with RG3 here.

I don't see him getting an extension early, or caring what beat writers think he will do. I'd like to believe he sticks to the 5 year plan. Bailing early would tarnish his rep. We'll see...
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want a college head coach.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont think there is much that Has could have done with this secondary!! That being said, the NFL is what have you done for me lately and the Redkins Defense is once again at the bottom of the league. I could see a new DC in Washington next year! I would really love to see Romeo Crennel or Eric Mangini in DC. Lets not forget that Romeo built the D in Kansas City that is domintating the league, and Mangini comes form the Parcells coaching tree and had alot of success as a DC in New England! Both guys run 3-4 and seem to evaluate talent well!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I really dont think there is much that Has could have done with this secondary!! That being said, the NFL is what have you done for me lately and the Redkins Defense is once again at the bottom of the league. I could see a new DC in Washington next year! I would really love to see Romeo Crennel or Eric Mangini in DC. Lets not forget that Romeo built the D in Kansas City that is domintating the league, and Mangini comes form the Parcells coaching tree and had alot of success as a DC in New England! Both guys run 3-4 and seem to evaluate talent well!!
I think if Shanahan is back, either if those two are the strongest possibilities because their personalities will go well with Mike.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:

What i am not seeing from this D is adjustments. The Vikings were killing us with Ponder and when he went out it was like he was still playing. yes we don't have the best secondary and Fletch is done but still I wanted us to try something, anything to stop the Viking attack. They just focused on AP, well that is fine if you could stop the pass but you can't so do something different.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
The secondary is not our problem its our front 7 (mostly DEs/ILBs).

Romeo Crennel did not build KCs defense, Scott Pioli did. The teams severely underachieved under Crennel is that what you want in a coach? This guy has been riding a reputation created from a Superbowl won over a decade ago, no thanks.

Eric Mangini? Really? He's never been successful anywhere and he burned all his coaching connection bridges when he ratted out Belichick. No thanks.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 6 tackles
Jordan Reed - 1 catch, 4 rec yards, 1 bum hamstring
Marcus21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
The secondary is not our problem its our front 7 (mostly DEs/ILBs).

Romeo Crennel did not build KCs defense, Scott Pioli did. The teams severely underachieved under Crennel is that what you want in a coach? This guy has been riding a reputation created from a Superbowl won over a decade ago, no thanks.

Eric Mangini? Really? He's never been successful anywhere and he burned all his coaching connection bridges when he ratted out Belichick. No thanks.

We can agree to disagree... Crennel had a great D in KC..infact I think they overachieved! They had no QB is why they never won!! You dont think Romeo had a say in the personel on his team? hmmm..
New England had a really good D when Mangini was the coach....just sayn!!
Your high if you think our secondary is not a problem...We have a rookie that has played decent at times and DHall playing well....other than that...we dont a have a player that can make another NFL roster!! We made Christian Ponder and Josh McCown look like a probowlers!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 9 of 25

Jump to: