Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IF its not the Shananigans, who would you want as Coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
We should I just beliebe the game has passed shanny by. With 30mil free cap this is a juicy opportunity to get a new staff and rebuild and our city and rg3 will attract coaches.

I could see lovie smith or gruden for sure .......but if 6-10 shanny will be gone. From some insiders rg3 doesn't rly get along with kyle so yea .
does that surprise you?

Kyle has had a problem with every Qb his father has brought here but the ones Kyle wanted - Grossman and Beck.

Remember Kyle wanted Marc Bulger in 2010. He and RG3 don't seem on the same page on the sidelines. I gotta admit, for qbs, it must be hard taking direction from a OC like Kyle who just comes off like a spoiled little brat that knows it all, trying to teach qbs who've been doing what they've ben doing for years.

And I think we'll have more like 40 million in cap room next year actually.
I see it the other way. RG3 complaining for more passing attempts so Kyle is forced to call the games that way.

You just hit the nail on the head.
Most people who follow football know Kyle can run a successful Passing Offense with the talent to do it. He might not get that talent here, but a few good passes and catches EXECUTED and people would not be whining so much about his play-calling. I fully expect to see him go somewhere else and do something similar that he did with the Texans when he ran the #1 Passing Offense in the league.

Right now we only have Reed and Garcon playing hard at the WR position. The others all are losing focus, dropping balls, and making bad plays. And RG3 is not seeing the field or hitting open WR's consistently.
Should that be taken into consideration more when play-calling? Sure. But if execution was better we would be looking like an unstoppable Offense right now.

Agree that RG3 is absolutely in his ear and his head asking for more pass calls and less R/O. Very obvious considering his past statements. I wish RG3 had progressed enough for our Offense to show more diversity this year.

And I guess turtle figures that a Rookie QB coming into the league who never played a down in the NFL knows more than people like Mike and Kyle Shanahan about playing QB? SMH..
Brian23

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People were complaining that Kyle was too pass happy when we had McNabb, Beck, and Grossman but now its ALL because Griffin wants to pass more?

Damn, people will find any reason to fault him now.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:
We should I just beliebe the game has passed shanny by. With 30mil free cap this is a juicy opportunity to get a new staff and rebuild and our city and rg3 will attract coaches.

I could see lovie smith or gruden for sure .......but if 6-10 shanny will be gone. From some insiders rg3 doesn't rly get along with kyle so yea .
does that surprise you?

Kyle has had a problem with every Qb his father has brought here but the ones Kyle wanted - Grossman and Beck.

Remember Kyle wanted Marc Bulger in 2010. He and RG3 don't seem on the same page on the sidelines. I gotta admit, for qbs, it must be hard taking direction from a OC like Kyle who just comes off like a spoiled little brat that knows it all, trying to teach qbs who've been doing what they've ben doing for years.

And I think we'll have more like 40 million in cap room next year actually.
I see it the other way. RG3 complaining for more passing attempts so Kyle is forced to call the games that way.

You just hit the nail on the head.
Most people who follow football know Kyle can run a successful Passing Offense with the talent to do it. He might not get that talent here, but a few good passes and catches EXECUTED and people would not be whining so much about his play-calling. I fully expect to see him go somewhere else and do something similar that he did with the Texans when he ran the #1 Passing Offense in the league.

Right now we only have Reed and Garcon playing hard at the WR position. The others all are losing focus, dropping balls, and making bad plays. And RG3 is not seeing the field or hitting open WR's consistently.
Should that be taken into consideration more when play-calling? Sure. But if execution was better we would be looking like an unstoppable Offense right now.

Agree that RG3 is absolutely in his ear and his head asking for more pass calls and less R/O. Very obvious considering his past statements. I wish RG3 had progressed enough for our Offense to show more diversity this year.

And I guess turtle figures that a Rookie QB coming into the league who never played a down in the NFL knows more than people like Mike and Kyle Shanahan about playing QB? SMH..
Where did I say that?

My problem with Kyle is I don't think he relates well to the qbs (except for Grossman). I mean, his fathers had the same problem going back over the past 30 years also.

Part of coaching is the relationships you form with your players, like Gibbs always did. Gibbs related to the players well. They would literally die on the field for him.

The Shanahan's don't get that same response from their players or respect. Whatever it is, it isn't there.

During the broncos superbowls, those players won it for John Elway, not for Mike Shanahan.

Mike and John even had their moments when they didn't have a good relationship.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
People were complaining that Kyle was too pass happy when we had McNabb, Beck, and Grossman but now its ALL because Griffin wants to pass more?

Damn, people will find any reason to fault him now.
exactly! It's Kyle, not the Qb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk who to replace these guys with.....a college coach? Maybe diaw? I'm a big lovie and gruden fan but I tjink first thing first we need a REAL GM. Aj smith I wouldn't mind at all a tough gm who plays hard ball although norve was a no no he would be a upgrade over vinny and chicken [inappropriate/removed] bruce allen.

We need a gm than a coach tham a staff than key free agents. If we go to 4-3which is possible I would get orakpo back but a one year deal for sure I just think we have se decent 4-3 rushers out there....I'm a big jared allen fan but that's a dream. We could put kackson at olb and have barnett at MLB and riley at olb.

Its complicated but we need a discipline team.but we xan rebound for sure if not bettwr bexause we have the talent.

We jist need consistancy and more pieces lile hakeem nicks and or talib.
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I think lovie smith qould be the best choice he had one year of FA spending and that was on jullius peppers. His 4-3 /cover 2 /43 bear can help....he is a lb guru and possibly can coach up some of our lbs.

I'd put him than gruden tham stafford coach than cowher.
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie Smith would be terrible for this team. Literally everything we're built to do he does oppositely. That'd be a full on rebuild again.
Dashing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How so? He been a tough divison his whole career I don't thinknits a bad move.

Insiders say no defensive minded coach so I don't know any offensige ones rightnnow..
aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by some chance Mike Shanahan is fired or walks...
& Kyle leaves with him?

I want new blood here. not some retread coach to take over...

I have 2 choices

#1)Art Briles (familiarity with RG3 and their relationship with each other)
or #2) (and my favorite) Gary Pinkel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Insiders say no defensive minded coach so I don't know any offensige ones rightnnow..
scheme wise

It'd be smarter to sign Greg Manusky.

Why doesn't anyone like that selection?

He was a LB for the redskins 88-90
Coached here in 2001
Coached top defenses in SF, SD and Indy

He's 47. Good age where he's not too young that he's viewed as a buddy to the players, but not too old that you're wondering if he's a one contract coach (ala Gibbs & Shanahan) He's got the pedigree, is one of the best 3-4 Def minds in the NFL.

That's who I want, should Shanahan be gone.

Then, bring in a young offensive mind to work with RG3
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
If by some chance Mike Shanahan is fired or walks...
& Kyle leaves with him?

I want new blood here. not some retread coach to take over...

I have 2 choices

#1)Art Briles (familiarity with RG3 and their relationship with each other)
or #2) (and my favorite) Gary Pinkel
College coach? No thanks. That rarely works
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense is tremendous, the defense is horrible. Just upgrade over Haslett and make some defensive signings in the off-season and if the team doesn't improve then you let Shanny go. If you must fire Shanahan than I would want jay Gruden, Vic Fangio or Ray Horton.
Brian23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

You didn't give any reason he'd actually fit. His offense and defensive philosophies don't apply here at all. Just because he "played in a tough division" doesn't mean he actually fits here.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
The offense is tremendous, the defense is horrible. Just upgrade over Haslett and make some defensive signings in the off-season and if the team doesn't improve then you let Shanny go. If you must fire Shanahan than I would want jay Gruden, Vic Fangio or Ray Horton.

This, makes the most sense. Get more talent on the Defensive side of the ball and a real DC and this team gets scary.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're going to the college ranks, Briles makes a lot of sense to reconnect RG3 with his college coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 8 of 25

Jump to: