Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IF its not the Shananigans, who would you want as Coach?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: IF its not the Shananigans, who would you want as Coach? Reply with quote

They'll definitely finish out the year here, baring I suppose a few massive melt downs, but I figure why not start a discussion of potential options for HC if the Shanahan's are released.

Raheem Morris:

I hate this option, however Bruce Allen LOVES Rah. I expect he finishes the year out as DC because, all though the defense has played "better" at some points its still terrible at fundamentals. They can't tackle and they're constantly taking Stupid Penalties, however the latter plagues the entire team.

I think his only bright side is he could be a more aggressive option on defense, but I think he'd just be more of the same.

Jon Gruden:

I know he and Allen go back. I know he loves Griffin. He was also an option prior to Shanahan being brought in, however the question arises whether he'd want to leave his booth for any team that isn't already well established. We've got a lot of luster for a guy who thinks he can make it happen, but the question is do we have enough allure for a big name like Gruden to cash in?

I think it'd be a solid option. Not sure he'd improve our defense too much. Also not sure he'd play to our strength on Offense. Unless we want to go in for a short rebuild again, we need to find someone willing to run a ZBS type system. At the very least, we've got the backs and lower end WR's who can run that system, as well we've got 2 or 3 Linemen that can play in that sort of system. Without it I question whether will have any linemen left over besides Trent to play with.

Art Briles:

I'm not sure I'd be all over this one, but with the team he's putting out down in Baylor (and his obvious connection to Griffin), one has to wonder if he'd attempt to make the jump to the big league and if he'd want to do it with his former Stallion. I'll be honest, don't know a whole lot about him short of what's been said about him.

I, again, question how he'll handle the defense in the NFL. That's before even questioning whether he can put fourth an NFL offense. On top of that, he's obviously had Zero NFL experience and I'd personally like someone who's got a pedigree. Either someone with a great Defensive pedigree who's willing to bring in a boss OC to run the offense, or an offensive guy who's willing to hand the reign's over to a true DC.

The biggest question I also have, with all the possibilities, is whether or not (if we bring in a new coach) whether he'll be a 34 or 43 Coach. I personally think we've already got the people to run a 34 well we're just missing a DC who knows how to scheme effectively and teach/preach them the fundamentals. However even I'm curious how Rak and Kerrigan would look in a 43.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Gruden. I wanted him hired instead of Shanahan anyways.

And it's hilarious you're starting this thread you've been a Shanahan's lover for 4 years.

The defense has also played well the past two weeks. We wouldn't have beat Oak w/o The D and we wouldn't have been in this game w/o the D tonight
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season is most likely going to get a whole lot worse, and I still don't think we should fire Shanahan. This year is a recovery year for our starting QB.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to stay 34, you hire Horton to run the team, and have him bring in Philip Montgomer to be the OC.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
If you want to stay 34, you hire Horton to run the team, and have him bring in Philip Montgomery to be the OC.

Ray Horton is a good one, I didn't think about him.

Bob Sutton defensive coordinator for the Chiefs. Although I don't know if he has what it takes to be a head coach.

Vic Fangio- SF Def Coord don't know if he has what it takes to be a HC though.

Greg Roman- SF off cord
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
spoiler41

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a QB that received a terrible injury and is finding his way again. We have at best B rated receivers. We had a huge salary cap penalty hit us the last two season's. We lost key special teams players. We have rookies playing on our secondary, etc. But let's fire the coach. LOL. The same coach that took us to the playoff's last season.

I think were a few key players away from being a excellent team. I remember before Shanahan's got here we couldn't score on offense. I'm frustrated just like the rest of the Redskin's fans but I think another season with our coaches is at least, fair.

Just my thought's.
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hire Me as D Coordinator

I can put together a better scheme than Mr. Haslett

No seriously I can
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see a shake up at D coordinator happening in the offseason but not Shanahan. Snyder really likes Shanahan he wanted him for years before he came here.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

And it's hilarious you're starting this thread you've been a Shanahan's lover for 4 years.

The defense has also played well the past two weeks. We wouldn't have beat Oak w/o The D and we wouldn't have been in this game w/o the D tonight

I have been because Kyle and Mike still played to there strengths. In 5 games so far, they're not making adjustments and refusing to play to there strengths.

Last year, or even before that with Rex, if a guy like Reed was going off they'd find ways to get him the ball. Its like when he had nothing, he was creative and was dialing things up but now that he's got a few people he just expects Madden plays to work.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
Hire Me as D Coordinator

I can put together a better scheme than Mr. Haslett

No seriously I can
You do realize how good our D has played the past two weeks right?

And how D Hall mostly limited Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant, probably the two best Wrs on the nfl right now.
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoiler41 wrote:
We had a QB that received a terrible injury and is finding his way again. We have at best B rated receivers. We had a huge salary cap penalty hit us the last two season's. We lost key special teams players. We have rookies playing on our secondary, etc. But let's fire the coach. LOL. The same coach that took us to the playoff's last season.

I think were a few key players away from being a excellent team. I remember before Shanahan's got here we couldn't score on offense. I'm frustrated just like the rest of the Redskin's fans but I think another season with our coaches is at least, fair.

Just my thought's.

None of that changes that we're getting progressively worse as a tackling unit and progressively worse at the fundamentals of the game. That's my issue right now, because as a team builder I think Shanahan's done a good job.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I have been because Kyle and Mike still played to there strengths. In 5 games so far, they're not making adjustments and refusing to play to there strengths.

Last year, or even before that with Rex, if a guy like Reed was going off they'd find ways to get him the ball. Its like when he had nothing, he was creative and was dialing things up but now that he's got a few people he just expects Madden plays to work.
I don't know about that. I think in 2010 our running game was better than our passing game but we didn't run the ball enough. When we did, we'd be in games, same with 2011.
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I don't know about that. I think in 2010 our running game was better than our passing game but we didn't run the ball enough. When we did, we'd be in games, same with 2011.

What? You mean Helu and Royster's first year right? Besides the last few games, where Roy and Evan got work put in, we hadn't had a good running game in ages. Torain was so hit or miss and I always thought Hightower was terrible.

And as much as you hate him, Rex could sling the rock. He just had Tony Romo-itis on steroids where he'd get it moving, look great, and throw a bad pick. But he could sling the ball.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
spoiler41 wrote:

Just my thought's.

None of that changes that we're getting progressively worse as a tackling unit and progressively worse at the fundamentals of the game. That's my issue right now, because as a team builder I think Shanahan's done a good job.
our defense has been far better at tackling, getting qb pressure and forcing turnovers the past two weeks.

I don't think Shanahan is getting fired unless we don't win another game this year. But if we don't have a winning record this year nor next year, he won't be back in 2015

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

What? You mean Helu and Royster's first year right? Besides the last few games, where Roy and Evan got work put in, we hadn't had a good running game in ages. Torain was so hit or miss and I always thought Hightower was terrible.

And as much as you hate him, Rex could sling the rock. He just had Tony Romo-itis on steroids where he'd get it moving, look great, and throw a bad pick. But he could sling the ball.
They were better than Rex for that reason. If you have a turnover prone qb and a bad pass blocking OL, you limit the chances he can lose you the game by playing more ball control.

What sucks the most now is that they aren't moving the pocket for rg3 and doing bootlegs and that's what he's best at.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: