Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Montee Ball vs. Ronnie Hillman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Here is a great feature article from Jim Trotter at SI.com about Knowshon. It's definitely worth a read.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/knowshon-moreno-denver-broncos-career-revival/

I've got to say, I've been Knowshon's biggest fan but you cannot argue with the work he's done this year. This story gives you kind of a behind-the-scenes look at Knowshon's resurgence on the field and his maturity and development off of it.

This a joke?

On another note, the article was very well written. The guy I knew in high school wasnt that immature guy he was in his first couple years in the NFL. Hes a really good guy and works his butt off.

This is a joke?

This is a joke?
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Here is a great feature article from Jim Trotter at SI.com about Knowshon. It's definitely worth a read.

I've got to say, I've been Knowshon's biggest fan but you cannot argue with the work he's done this year. This story gives you kind of a behind-the-scenes look at Knowshon's resurgence on the field and his maturity and development off of it.

This a joke?

On another note, the article was very well written. The guy I knew in high school wasnt that immature guy he was in his first couple years in the NFL. Hes a really good guy and works his butt off.

This is a joke?

This is a joke?

I'm pretty sure he meant to put "haven't" been.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

This a joke?

This is a joke?

This is a joke?

I'm pretty sure he meant to put "haven't" been.

Yes
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Glad you guys enjoyed that article.

And, yeah, I meant to say "I haven't been Knowshon's biggest fan." Embarassed

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
thebestever6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running back is the number two position in my mind where confidence is key to success behind QB. I think in knowshons second year when he started to struggle he was just trying to force great runs rather than to be patient and let the plays develop. He point blank tried to do too much. I've been impressed with how much of a duel threat knowshon has been. Sometimes a rb or a qbs may be afraid to fail or pressing to make a play and it gets worse and worse becoming like a quick sand situation.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just seems to me that Fox and friends are not really "Young RB friendly". One mistake can get you on the bench, drastic reduction in field time and even demotions to inactive.

When you're a kid, if you get thrown off a horse your dad puts you back on, fall off a bike, same thing. Fall off your horse in Denver and they take the horse away.
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
It just seems to me that Fox and friends are not really "Young RB friendly". One mistake can get you on the bench, drastic reduction in field time and even demotions to inactive.

When you're a kid, if you get thrown off a horse your dad puts you back on, fall off a bike, same thing. Fall off your horse in Denver and they take the horse away.

What? Hillman has made a lot of mistakes since the pre-season and same with Ball. These two make too many mistakes to stay on the field. It wasn't one mistake that cost them, it was like 3-4.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

What? Hillman has made a lot of mistakes since the pre-season and same with Ball. These two make too many mistakes to stay on the field. It wasn't one mistake that cost them, it was like 3-4.

Outside of two fumbles each, what were the mistakes? Incidentally, both Decker and Holliday have fumbled twice on fewer touches. I know they've both missed a couple of blocks but so does everyone.

My understanding is they're both quite acceptable in pass-pro. If that's not true, please correct me.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillman is decent in pass protection, just too small. Ball doesn't understand it yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
My understanding is they're both quite acceptable in pass-pro. If that's not true, please correct me.

That is definitely false. They have gotten better but it's not like they are good enough at it to make up for those mistakes.

I would play Hillman before Ball. Ball seems like he wouldn't just fail on the Broncos but on any team. I don't like him as a runner or anything else a RB has to do.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball has pretty good potential as a runner imo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me set the record straight... ALL running backs are capable of pass protecting. The ones that are good at it, separate themselves by commitment.

Pass protection is all based on committing to bashing your head against a guy coming full speed at you. You have to be crazy and stupid. Younger running backs are used to running at people and hitting them, not sitting back and wait till you get hit. They're usually just not taught it at a young age because those offenses dont pass that much. However, its one position where you can learn that skill very quickly, you just need the guy to be committed to it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

I think it was a little more than one mistake with both Knowshown in the past and Hillman this year. Going to the bench seems to have worked wonders for Moreno. Lets hope it does the same for Hillman. Personally I would have sent Hillman to the bench a lot sooner.
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't the biggest fan of Montee Ball's as an NFL prospect, but i have really liked what i have seen from him in his few carries this season. I don't think Denver's offensive system is the greatest fit for him, but possibly post Manning he could be a very good RB for Denver. I think he's a better fit in a west coast offense. With that, i also think Brock Osweiler would be a great fit in that type of system as well.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I wasn't the biggest fan of Montee Ball's as an NFL prospect, but i have really liked what i have seen from him in his few carries this season. I don't think Denver's offensive system is the greatest fit for him, but possibly post Manning he could be a very good RB for Denver. I think he's a better fit in a west coast offense. With that, i also think Brock Osweiler would be a great fit in that type of system as well.

Yeah, I think John Elway, for the most part, drafts towards the "Osweiler era".

That is, if he can find a day one impact player, he'll take him, but if not, he won't reach on an NFL ready inferior prospect, but will take a guy with potential.

Look at the offensive players we've drafted since Elway has been at the helm. Orlando Franklin, Julius Thomas, Virgil Green, Brock Osweiler, Ronnie Hillman, Philip Blake, Montee Ball, Vinston Painter, Tarvarres King, Zac Dysert

in particular, most of the guys that are still on the roster, were seen as pretty raw coming out. We're starting to reap the benefits of those two tight end pickups now. JT is the flashy one of course but Virgil Green is quietly putting together his best season so far.

I think the idea is to develop these guys at their own pace, and then when Manning leaves we'll have a lot of high skill picks ready to take over.

Ball and Hillman have the skillset to be one of the best 1-2 punches in the league but their big time benefit will come in 2-3 years when we have Brock running the West coast offense. Hand it to Ball, hand it to Ball again, then fake it to Hillman and chuck it up to Bay-Bay, or fling a screen pass to Hillman for 20 yards kinda thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: