Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Montee Ball vs. Ronnie Hillman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncOklahoma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if Moreno were to go down for any real real length of time, this team would be in trouble.
Ball, while doing better, is still a rookie and it will take more that 1 ok game without a fumble to convince me that he will do well consistantly.
Hillman, the more dynamic runner, is having issues holding onto the ball in traffic. He would do better with running more outside on sweeps/pitches where he would have a bit more room to get up to speed and avoid all the bodies inside.
Anderson is the big unknown. Hopefully we can get a sizable lead in the next few games so we can see what he can do.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncOklahoma wrote:
I think that if Moreno were to go down for any real real length of time, this team would be in trouble.
Ball, while doing better, is still a rookie and it will take more that 1 ok game without a fumble to convince me that he will do well consistantly.
Hillman, the more dynamic runner, is having issues holding onto the ball in traffic. He would do better with running more outside on sweeps/pitches where he would have a bit more room to get up to speed and avoid all the bodies inside.
Anderson is the big unknown. Hopefully we can get a sizable lead in the next few games so we can see what he can do.

I know what you mean about Hillman, but you can't be predicatable with what runs you call for different RB's. A couple of weeks and teams will be all over it. The irony is, Hillman has good inside vision and fantastic cutting ability; his problem like you say is holding onto the football.

MUFC OK
Winder23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
broncOklahoma wrote:

I know what you mean about Hillman, but you can't be predicatable with what runs you call for different RB's. A couple of weeks and teams will be all over it. The irony is, Hillman has good inside vision and fantastic cutting ability; his problem like you say is holding onto the football.
He also never breaks any tackles. He is quick, but not so quick that he can get away from DB's and LB's. Hillman is Quentin Griffin to me.
Fast and quick, but not enough of either to separate himself.
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still trust Hillman more than Ball and think Hillman is better. Hillman is fumble/turnover prone but at least he can make some plays out there and get good yardage in the pass or run.

1. Moreno
2. Anderson
3. Hillman
4. Ball

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
I still trust Hillman more than Ball and think Hillman is better. Hillman is fumble/turnover prone but at least he can make some plays out there and get good yardage in the pass or run.

1. Moreno
2. Anderson
3. Hillman
4. Ball

im surprised you dont have Anderson as your #1...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the ultimate plan is to have Montee as the bell-cow back, Hillman subbing in on third down to catch passes out the backfield, Anderson is the wildcard but I see him as a change of pace guy behind Montee and Ronnie. Knowshon gets the carries just now in win-now mode but given he's out of contract and we have three other cheaper guys I think we will let someone else overpay him after the season.
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
TheChosen186 wrote:

1. Moreno
2. Anderson
3. Hillman
4. Ball

im surprised you dont have Anderson as your #1...

He probably will be in the future but not now. CJ's got some potential. I think he can be a Frank Gore type player.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why Gase/Studesville haven't used Hillman in game situations the way I saw him used in camp. Then, they didn't have him running up the middle on a goal-to-go situation, they used him as a receiver/scat back/speed back. They would get the ball to him in space, the way the Sean Payton uses Darren Sproles and Mke McCoy with Danny Woodhead. In camp I saw Hillman lined up split wide, in the slot, as a flex TE, they would put him in motion to create mis-matches, when he ran the ball it was usually on a sweep, outside zone play or stretch.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
TheChosen186 wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why Gase/Studesville haven't used Hillman in game situations the way I saw him used in camp. Then, they didn't have him running up the middle on a goal-to-go situation, they used him as a receiver/scat back/speed back. They would get the ball to him in space, the way the Sean Payton uses Darren Sproles and Mke McCoy with Danny Woodhead. In camp I saw Hillman lined up split wide, in the slot, as a flex TE, they would put him in motion to create mis-matches, when he ran the ball it was usually on a sweep, outside zone play or stretch.

No kidding man, when we drafted him, this is exactly how I expected him to be used.

Having said that, in the playoffs, and late in the regular last year, he was our best back. McGahee was injured and Moreno's hype died down after 2 or 3 big games down the stretch.

We drafted Montee Ball, but like all good coaches, Fox believes that rookies need to earn their place before they're allowed to start. So the plan, going into training camp, was to hand the starting job to Hillman, and let Montee pry it away from him.

Going into camp there was little reason to believe Hillman was anything other than the best veteran back on the roster.

Of course, Hillman then fumbles away the starting job and Ball fails to seize it.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a great feature article from Jim Trotter at SI.com about Knowshon. It's definitely worth a read.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/knowshon-moreno-denver-broncos-career-revival/

I've got to say, I've been Knowshon's biggest fan but you cannot argue with the work he's done this year. This story gives you kind of a behind-the-scenes look at Knowshon's resurgence on the field and his maturity and development off of it.

broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Here is a great feature article from Jim Trotter at SI.com about Knowshon. It's definitely worth a read.

I've got to say, I've been Knowshon's biggest fan but you cannot argue with the work he's done this year. This story gives you kind of a behind-the-scenes look at Knowshon's resurgence on the field and his maturity and development off of it.

Great link AAA. It's funny because this is the Knowshon that I know you and I both liked coming out. I was a HUGE Moreno proponent, because at the time he was drafted I had been saying we needed to go RB for quite some time. It's a shame it took this long for Knowshon, but I do believe that he put in the work, without being a diva, and got his chance and is running with it. He's a huge part of why we are 7-1 right now.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

You and me both. I think we have been a few of Knowshon's harshest critics, but he has been more than productive this year. I think the man deserves a new contract, personally.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

This a joke?

On another note, the article was very well written. The guy I knew in high school wasnt that immature guy he was in his first couple years in the NFL. Hes a really good guy and works his butt off.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you guys enjoyed that article.

And, yeah, I meant to say "I haven't been Knowshon's biggest fan." Embarassed

jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

This a joke?

On another note, the article was very well written. The guy I knew in high school wasnt that immature guy he was in his first couple years in the NFL. Hes a really good guy and works his butt off.

This is a joke?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: