Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Montee Ball vs. Ronnie Hillman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mazrimiv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking, how has Ball looked since arriving in DEN? He obviously hasn't torn things up, but has he looked bad? There was a lot of teeth gnashing among Packers fans when GB didn't snap Ball up in the draft. At the time, I myself was torn on whether GB errored by trading down and eventually selecting Lacy. I'm happy enough with how it played out now, but at the time I was not at all certain that GB had not screwed the pooch.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazrimiv wrote:
Generally speaking, how has Ball looked since arriving in DEN? He obviously hasn't torn things up, but has he looked bad? There was a lot of teeth gnashing among Packers fans when GB didn't snap Ball up in the draft. At the time, I myself was torn on whether GB errored by trading down and eventually selecting Lacy. I'm happy enough with how it played out now, but at the time I was not at all certain that GB had not screwed the pooch.

I wouldn't say he's looked bad, he just looks like a rookie. Sometimes he's upfield really quickly, other times he looks rough. His pass pro can use big time work though. That's why he's not seeing more reps.

Thanks, Tzimisce
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazrimiv wrote:

Let me be short and to the point. He has been bad.

Cant block, has had fumble issues and hasnt hit the hole consistently.
It may all be as a result of him being a rookie but judging purely on his play, he has been poor.
It's early but all signs point to the Packers getting a much better NFL back in Lacy.
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazrimiv wrote:

I think most people knew that Lacy was the better talent. Lacy's injuries are what held him back specifically his toe injury. Ball was incredibly durable in college.

Ball has not looked good though. He has had some decent runs here and there but his negatives have completely outweighed his positive. He is pretty much one-dimensional as he is worthless outside of the run. He can't catch, can't block, and has had ball security issues. I will say that his ball security issues probably won't be a problem in the future though because he was known for being a secure ball carrier in Wisconsin.

Ball would probably start on this team in like 2009-2011 though when the QBs were Orton and Tebow like Moreno was. Ball probably would have been more productive than Moreno in that situation too. Since the QB is Peyton Manning, running is not even the most important aspect for a RB in this offense. Blocking and catching are far more important which is why Moreno and Hillman are ahead of him in the depth chart and get more playing time than him.

The perfect RB for this offense/Peyton is Reggie Bush.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
Mazrimiv

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, even if it's not particularly positive. I really thought Ball would transition well to the NFL.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade these two RB's, and a #1 draft pick for Adrian Peterson if they go on the wholesale, unload contracts, for draft picks spree...

Talk about adding some power to a finess offense.
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I would trade these two RB's, and a #1 draft pick for Adrian Peterson if they go on the wholesale, unload contracts, for draft picks spree...

How about Robert Turbin or Christine Michael? I bet Seattle would let one of them go relatively cheaply.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

How about Robert Turbin or Christine Michael? I bet Seattle would let one of them go relatively cheaply.

No way man! Peterson, almost, single handedly took the Vikes to the playoffs last year. If teams want to stop Manning...fine...you get to handle Peterson.
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:

Peterson would immediately make this offense possibly the best ever in NFL history.
Coming at this from more of a fantasy approach (there is no realistic chance we trade for Peterson) would you be willing to give up the following to get Peterson:

1. 1st round pick 2014 and 2nd round pick 2015
2. Tight End Julius Thomas
3. Montee Ball
4. Hillman

Would the Vikings take this deal? Is it good for both teams?
thebestever6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Peterson would immediately make this offense possibly the best ever in NFL history.
Coming at this from more of a fantasy approach (there is no realistic chance we trade for Peterson) would you be willing to give up the following to get Peterson:

3. Montee Ball
4. Hillman

I'd hate to trade for Peterson is helps for this year and next to balance the offense but it would kill our future. Peterson has two maybe three years left in the tank. He also has like a 4 to 5 year deal making a lot. It would put us in cap hell.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

3. Montee Ball
4. Hillman

I'd hate to trade for Peterson is helps for this year and next to balance the offense but it would kill our future. Peterson has two maybe three years left in the tank. He also has like a 4 to 5 year deal making a lot. It would put us in cap hell.

Ideally you dont draft a Running Back in the 1st round. The game has changed and quite frankly, Running Backs are not as valuable as they used to be due to a variety of reasons we all know. Besides you can find good Backs late in the draft.

The issue here is a bit different. Peterson is not your average Running Back. He is a game changer. A super star who can carry a team on his back.
Even if he only has 3 great years left in him after this season, giving up a lot to get him and ensuring at least one Super Bowl would have to make it worthwhile wouldn't it?
thebestever6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mke1010"]
thebestever6 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

3. Montee Ball
4. Hillman

Peterson signed a 7 year 100 million dollar deal in 2011 Manning a 5 year 96 million dollar deal in 2012. So if they keep their contracts as is it would likely greater the chances for this year and reduce the chances moving forward . It takes one bad game in the playoffs and you're done. Look no further than Peterson's 3 fumbles in the 09' championship game. If both he and Manning restructure to combine for Manning and the current Rbs on our rosters salary I'm on bored. Other than than I think it's dumb. There are no shoe ins for a Superbowl.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting write up on Montee Ball's failure to launch in the NFL and whether he can turn it around.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1812740-denver-broncos-a-look-into-the-struggles-of-montee-ball
DiehardBronxFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to have watched Eddie Lacy last night tear up the Bears and not come to the conclusion that the Broncos made the wrong pick last April. Still a looonnngg way to go before judging their careers, but the initial returns are pointing overwhelmingly to Lacy
a4ce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Hillman is out and the Broncos wanting to cut back Knowshon's load to try and save him for the stretch run, what is Montee's outlook rest of the season? Split?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: