Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AJ Hawk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kal-El

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Anybody pay attention to when CJ Wilson and Mike Daniels came in to give the DL guys a break. Hawk and the rest of that defense didn't look too good. That's when Rice got his 11 yard scamper.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Hawk, I like him and he's a good player. Obviously he's faster out there than at maybe anytime, perhaps the year the Pack won the SB? Probably not.

The difference I see is Jolly, Pickett fence (who must have bribed Father Time), and Raji. Those guys are swallowing up O-lines. With the way they play the are at least giving Hawk an opportunity to show his ability. And Mike Daniels hasn't been a slouch either on the passing downs.

QFT. Nothing helps LBers like a strong DL in front of them. I think that's what has improved our defense the most.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

AJ Hawk has been a man since he got here. Third sack he just walks back to huddle. He's busting tail every day. He is an emotional guy, but he's got a lot of responsibility and I prefer his leadership style for this young defense--he's a professional who lets his play talk and puts his teammates where they need to be. If he could get Jerron McMillian to learn how to play safety that'd be the one thing were missing right now.

That's all fine and dandy, but for a while people were complaining about the lack of "leaders" on this team.....So, by maturity, perhaps he's becoming a leader, especially seeing since Matthews is on the mend....

btw....Don't forget, people were complaining about his tackling and his coverage in passing situations....IF Hawk has a bad name next week (he won't because the Packers are playing an Ohio team), his detractors will be wanting his head again.....
Revel8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: AJ Hawk Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
8 Tackles.

3 sacks.

Looked darn impressive in pass coverage.

A lock for NFC DPOW.

Is it possible that we are finally going to see him become the player we thought we were getting when we drafted him #5 overall in 2006?

I don't mean to suggest that he was a bust, just rather pedestrian for a high DP.

Today he looked like Ray Lewis. Perhaps the scheme, and his new found speed finally favors him. Maybe this is the new Hawk.

Maybe he becomes a new difference-maker for us.

Thoughts?

He's been doing it all season IMO. The plan to blitz him Sunday is what made most notice.

I haven't seen him flying around making plays like this consistently since he was widely considered for 1st team Pro Bowl honors. He's obviously dropped 10-20 pounds and I'm sure that's helping out quite a bit. He's definitely quicker on his feet; which naturally has helped him out in coverage too. Not to mention the fact that the DLine in front of him* hasn't been this good for years.
Revel8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Anybody pay attention to when CJ Wilson and Mike Daniels came in to give the DL guys a break. Hawk and the rest of that defense didn't look too good. That's when Rice got his 11 yard scamper.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Hawk, I like him and he's a good player. Obviously he's faster out there than at maybe anytime, perhaps the year the Pack won the SB? Probably not.

The difference I see is Jolly, Pickett fence (who must have bribed Father Time), and Raji. Those guys are swallowing up O-lines. With the way they play the are at least giving Hawk an opportunity to show his ability. And Mike Daniels hasn't been a slouch either on the passing downs.

What's scary? Jolly is probably still playing the weakest of the BIG 3. I think he's still a bit out of shape and trying to get the rust off. TT might seriously want to think about tossing that guy a few extra bucks and keeping him while the price is cheap.

To be fair Rice broke that 11 yard run because the refs missed the holding which opened up the hole.

I agree overall with your point though. This DLine reminds me of the 2010 DLine in terms of depth and effectiveness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: