Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank Em: Weeden, DA, Quinn, McCoy, Frye
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownsfan214

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1- Derek Anderson and its not even close. This guy could make plays but did have problems with turnovers. Still the only guy that gave me hope and made this team so fun to watch.

#2- Colt. I couldnt stand him then and cant stand him now, but he was better than Weeden I think.

#3- Frye- Its been quite a while since I saw Frye, I was only 13 or so, but I liked him coming out and he had some potential. He was never going to be a great QB but Weeden has a lot better of a team than Frye or Couch ever had.

#4 Weeden- This guy was the joke of the 2012 draft and still cant believe we drafted a 28 year old rookie in the first round. Story of the Browns.

#5 Quinn- I loved this pick originally because I loved the Irish when he was the QB. But boy he was really bad...

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frye is the worst.

Hands down

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownsfan214 wrote:
#1- Derek Anderson and its not even close. This guy could make plays but did have problems with turnovers. Still the only guy that gave me hope and made this team so fun to watch.

DA was either really great like game #1 vs the Bengals or he was very Bad like game #2 vs the Bengals.

#2- Colt. I couldnt stand him then and cant stand him now, but he was better than Weeden I think.

I was a big fan of Colt. I wonder what he could of done in this coaching staff and if the coaches treated him like they treated Hoyer. I think Cameron would of loved Colt as his starting QB lol

#3- Frye- Its been quite a while since I saw Frye, I was only 13 or so, but I liked him coming out and he had some potential. He was never going to be a great QB but Weeden has a lot better of a team than Frye or Couch ever had.

Weeden has a better defense but Frye had great talent. He had Winslow and Edwards to throw too. Frye had the same Roster that DA had in 2007 and still sucked enough for the coaches to trade him away after the 1st game. Frye was freaking awful. Worse QB the Browns ever drafted since the return

#4 Weeden- This guy was the joke of the 2012 draft and still cant believe we drafted a 28 year old rookie in the first round. Story of the Browns.

Cant blame them too much. He was the 3rd most talented QB in the draft arm wise. If he wasnt 28 he would of been a higher pick. They did reach but its not like he was talent-less. Just the damn FO choked and reached on him. Prolly could of got him in the 2nd.

#5 Quinn- I loved this pick originally because I loved the Irish when he was the QB. But boy he was really bad...

Quinn was a great pick in the moment because we traded up to get him. At the moment it was a great pick. Browns picked up a franchise Tackle and QB in the same draft. He was a guy who could of gone #1 but fell to the top of the 20s. You look at it, he might of been the best QB from that draft class. The 2007 QB class might be one of the worse QB classes everywhere

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one can tackle finely 3 broken tackles in two touches
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
no one can tackle finely 3 broken tackles in two touches

Wrong thread.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
SupersonicBR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we should revisit this thread.

So, Weeden goes down against the ravens, suddenly the offense, without a running game, look really solid both against the Vikes and the Bengals.

Weeden comes back, completely sucks against the lions and packers, is benched. Campbell comes in, struggles in the first couple of drives, but then plays a very good game for the rest of the way.

That's two Quarterbacks that aren't even close to elite giving the team a complete face lift, while Weeden has a way of coming back and making the offense look hideous.

This, imo, says A LOT about Weetard. I feel people feel better about Weeden in comparison with Colt due to the fact that he does have a good arm, but i'd take Colt and his noodle arm over Weeden any day of the week, i have never seen a quarterback as dumb as him.

IMO:

1 - DA
2 - Colt
3 - Tossup between Weetard and Frye
4 - Quinn
VetteDude

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for zombie thread, but I have to add this after today's game.

I have great respect for Colt because he had the work ethic and desire, he was just missing the tools (as someone else mentioned). I wanted to like Frye, but there was no chance of him working. I always disliked Quinn, I was yelling during that draft out of frustration. DA was alright, he was strong but had a cold personality, and when he left I decided I hated him. Weeden? All I'll say is I hope he is out of the league next year.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather my Mother playing QB for the Browns than Brandon Weeden he is the worst on this list.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
I would rather my Mother playing QB for the Browns than Brandon Weeden he is the worst on this list.

And I don't even think she knows you can pass it forward in your version of football.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think frye is he worst
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Weeden is the conglomeration of these three Browns QBs:
He got Charlie Frye's playing style (scared), Derek Anderson's big arm, Jake Delhommes old age. Unfortunately for Brandon, all three were exceptional at turning the ball over.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Brandon Weeden is the conglomeration of these three Browns QBs:
He got Charlie Frye's playing style (scared), Derek Anderson's big arm, Jake Delhommes old age. Unfortunately for Brandon, all three were exceptional at turning the ball over.

That is the perfect way to describe him.

I hope he is playing in the AFC north next year as I know he wont be playing for us. Laughing

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. DA
2. Colt
3. Weeden
4. Frye
5. Quinn

Similar to others, except I have Quinn worse than Frye. Why? Quinn was a stud prospect that had a national commercial before his first pre-season snap. And he was turrible.

Frye played well as a rookie and seemed to regress from there. And while he had Winslow and Edwards, Edwards was a rookie at the same time and had his own struggles and it took K2 a couple of years to be healthy enough to see the field. Guess it just comes down to expectations.

DA was clearly the best of the bunch, but like others I'd put Couch as #1 if this list was expanded.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: