Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank Em: Weeden, DA, Quinn, McCoy, Frye
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6136
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Rank Em: Weeden, DA, Quinn, McCoy, Frye Reply with quote

How would you guys rank the Browns 'QBs of the future' since their return. I am not including Tim Couch in this comparison because he would probably be number one on everyones list. I'm talking about the truly awful 'franchise QBs' we trotted out for extended periods on Sunday afternoon. How do you rank the 5 and why?

Me:

1. Derek Anderson - At his worst, hes one of the least competant NFL players I have ever seen, but he was the only one who had the capability to actually play really well at times and be the reason the team won games. The other 4, we usually won in spite of. Even though DA didnt do it often, he had some great games.

2. Colt McCoy - Lackluster in all areas of the game. Small advantage over Weeden because I think he makes less mind numbing and stupid plays that could cost us games. Basically an upper middle class version of Charlie Frye.

3. Brandon Weeden - No strengths, made tons of mistakes, really the only reason he isn't ranked lower is because hes not Charlie Frye or Brady Quinn.

4. Charlie Frye - Fun while it lasted for a few games. Never seen a QB get his butt kicked quiet like Frye.

5. Brady Quinn - Him and Blaine Gabbert are the two most pathetic QBs I have ever seen. Neither have any faith in their ability and both are the most aware people in the world at how bad they are. 0.000000% play making ability.

I feel #1 and #5 are pretty easy but think there are solid arguments 2-4.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5330
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're seriously not ranking Frye last?
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6136
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
You're seriously not ranking Frye last?


I cant remember all of Fryes games because I was away at college and they usually showed Bengals games, but at least had a little respect for the guy.... Quinn was just the most pathetic QB ever, he turtled sooooo bad.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CleBrowns07


Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 4439
Location: Willoughby
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the d bags who wore Charlie's Fryes costumes? Or his awesome McDonalds commercial with Braylon Edwards?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5179
Location: WV
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rank Quinn last. DA, once he started to fail was just as bad. Frye should have never been put in the situation that he was (NFL starter). Colt had Moxie, but that is about it. I'd rank Weeden highest because I think he is the most accurate of the bunch, but it isn't a very glorified bunch.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Reginaldm9


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 3557
Location: Kent State University
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. DA: Big arm, goofy, actually made me think we were going to the playoffs.
2. Weeden: Big arm, red hair, affinity for flags
3. Colt: Scrappy Doo
4. Brady: Local kid, too beautiful for his own good.
5. Frye: Local kid, doomed to fail
_________________


Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 30966
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
I'd rank Quinn last. DA, once he started to fail was just as bad. Frye should have never been put in the situation that he was (NFL starter). Colt had Moxie, but that is about it. I'd rank Weeden highest because I think he is the most accurate of the bunch, but it isn't a very glorified bunch.


yep. DA had a great first half of the season then teams figured him out and he struggled.

1st half of the season 17TDs 9 INTs
2nd hald of the season 12 TDs 10 INTs
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 5179
Location: WV
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
I'd rank Quinn last. DA, once he started to fail was just as bad. Frye should have never been put in the situation that he was (NFL starter). Colt had Moxie, but that is about it. I'd rank Weeden highest because I think he is the most accurate of the bunch, but it isn't a very glorified bunch.


yep. DA had a great first half of the season then teams figured him out and he struggled.

1st half of the season 17TDs 9 INTs
2nd hald of the season 12 TDs 10 INTs


Even that 2nd half that year was leaps and bounds better than anything he has shown since.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5330
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Wildcat Cribbs over all 5.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15373
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I would take Wildcat Cribbs over all 5.


Wildcat Cribbs beat the Steelers. Something no one on that list did.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 25451
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I would take Wildcat Cribbs over all 5.


Wildcat Cribbs beat the Steelers. Something no one on that list did.


Weeds beat the Steelers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigdogsandiego


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 778
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the following list of stiffs?

Kelly Holcomb
Ken Dorsey
Jake Delhomme
Seneca Wallace
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Braylon4MVP


Moderator
Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 15391
Location: ohio
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeden
DA
McCoy
Quinn
Frye

Seneca Wallace
Kelly Holcomb
Ken Dorsey
Jake Delhomme (wasn't really worse than Dorsey, but I HATED watching him in Brown and Orange, it was torture lol)
_________________
RIP Crakburn, B2TB, Sean Taylor and Chris Henry

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 25451
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
I'd rank Quinn last. DA, once he started to fail was just as bad. Frye should have never been put in the situation that he was (NFL starter). Colt had Moxie, but that is about it. I'd rank Weeden highest because I think he is the most accurate of the bunch, but it isn't a very glorified bunch.


yep. DA had a great first half of the season then teams figured him out and he struggled.

1st half of the season 17TDs 9 INTs
2nd hald of the season 12 TDs 10 INTs


Even that 2nd half that year was leaps and bounds better than anything he has shown since.


Seconded. If Weeden could go 12:10 over 8 games, we'd probably win 6 of them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the return...


2013 Brandon Weeden (3) / Brian Hoyer (3) / Jason Cambell (coming soon)
2012 Brandon Weeden (15) / Thaddeus Lewis (1)
2011 Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2010 Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2009 Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2008 Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2007 Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2006 Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2005 Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2004 Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown (4)
2003 Kelly Holcomb (8) / Tim Couch (8)
2002 Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2001 Tim Couch (16)
2000 Doug Pederson (8) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
1999 Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group