You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Antwan Goodley, WR Baylor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
werds35

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Antwan Goodley, WR Baylor Reply with quote

Is this guy as good as his stats suggest? Or is he just a product of his teams offensive system?

It's hard to find any film on this guy. His size and stats suggest he could be like Anquan Boldin.

Thoughts?
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast. Has the next two years to write his story, though. Too early to tell.

As far as an athlete, he is unreal. 5-10 225. 4.39 electronic 40. Squats 670 pounds.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
Shark513

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin has nothing on this kid as far as pure athletic ability is concerned. He also has a 10'9" broad jump and a 39" vertical. He's playing exclusively at the WR position this year, but he played WR, RB and returned kicks last year. In addition to the explosiveness, he's incredibly strong. I suspect he'll bench around 25 - 28 reps. I really love his game and I'm biased. However, I think he has more upside than Wright and Williams. He's still raw but I think he can play outside at the next level in addition to playing the slot. He actually had a bad game yesterday with 3 drops, but I suspect there's a good chance he declares after the season if he continues to perform.
BearDown85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Antwan Goodley, WR Baylor Reply with quote

werds35 wrote:
Is this guy as good as his stats suggest? Or is he just a product of his teams offensive system?

It's hard to find any film on this guy. His size and stats suggest he could be like Anquan Boldin.

Thoughts?

I have been waiting for someone to post on him. Both Shark and Jacobys are correct in their evaluation of him. He's not a product of the offense. He's an athletic freak, a wr in a rb's body. He is a rising prospect. The more Baylor wins the more exposure he'll get. He is a bit raw, but has a high ceiling. Baylor is producing some legit talent at the skill positions. Kendall Wright, Terrance Williams and Josh Gordon. Kudos to Art Briles, he's done a fantastic job with the program. They are loaded for the future too as wrs Corey Coleman and Robbie Rhodes will be pretty good.

Mike23MD On The Sig
Shark513

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Antwan Goodley, WR Baylor Reply with quote

BearDown85 wrote:
werds35 wrote:

Thoughts?

I have been waiting for someone to post on him. Both Shark and Jacobys are correct in their evaluation of him. He's not a product of the offense. He's an athletic freak, a wr in a rb's body. He is a rising prospect. The more Baylor wins the more exposure he'll get. He is a bit raw, but has a high ceiling. Baylor is producing some legit talent at the skill positions. Kendall Wright, Terrance Williams and Josh Gordon. Kudos to Art Briles, he's done a fantastic job with the program. They are loaded for the future too as wrs Corey Coleman and Robbie Rhodes will be pretty good.

I'm really anxious to see Rhodes. I may be mistaking, but he was one of the top 3 WRs in the country last year. From what little I've seen of him, he looks legit.

If you haven't seen Baylor play this year, I keep a spreadsheet of all the top players and games. I have a ton of cut-ups listed on it, but none on Goodley yet. If you interested in looking at it, here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AotIVo4gpWF8dFZBTDhmM01WeU9CMzliOEZMNVByS1E&output=html

Individual player cut-ups are highlighted on each player.

To the full games.....listed under the "Game Tape" tab.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AotIVo4gpWF8dFZBTDhmM01WeU9CMzliOEZMNVByS1E&gid=46
BearDown85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Antwan Goodley, WR Baylor Reply with quote

[quote="Shark513"]
BearDown85 wrote:
werds35 wrote:

Thoughts?

I'm really anxious to see Rhodes. I may be mistaking, but he was one of the top 3 WRs in the country last year. From what little I've seen of him, he looks legit.

If you haven't seen Baylor play this year, I keep a spreadsheet of all the top players and games. I have a ton of cut-ups listed on it, but none on Goodley yet. If you interested in looking at it, here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AotIVo4gpWF8dFZBTDhmM01WeU9CMzliOEZMNVByS1E&output=html

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AotIVo4gpWF8dFZBTDhmM01WeU9CMzliOEZMNVByS1E&gid=46[/
quote]

Nice spreadsheet, very thorough. Rhodes was rated by some sites as the #1 wr coming out of HS. Hard for he and Coleman to see the field with all the talent in front of them. I am surprised they didnt take redshirts.

Mike23MD On The Sig
Shark513

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Antwan Goodley, WR Baylor Reply with quote

[quote="BearDown85"]
Shark513 wrote:
BearDown85 wrote:
werds35 wrote:

Thoughts?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AotIVo4gpWF8dFZBTDhmM01WeU9CMzliOEZMNVByS1E&gid=46[/
quote]

Nice spreadsheet, very thorough. Rhodes was rated by some sites as the #1 wr coming out of HS. Hard for he and Coleman to see the field with all the talent in front of them. I am surprised they didnt take redshirts.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've spent too much time on these over the past few years.

With the talent Briles brings in every year, all these guys are going to have to wait their turn. He has done an absolute amazing job turning that program around.

Another guy that flashed at WR last week was #23 who I wasn't familiar with. I did a little research, and discovered he's a former minor league player who ran a 4.34 at 6'1", 210 in the spring. Unfortunately, he's already 25 so I doubt his pro prospects are that solid. As much as I enjoy watching Seastrunk and Martin, I'm looking forward to seeing Shock Linwood tote the rock next year. Briles knows how to find the athlete.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey Coleman actually did red shirt last year. It was a hard decision by the coaches, but there was too many guys ahead of him. Next year he should step in and replace Tevin Reese.

As for Robbie Rhodes, he didn't red shirt probably because it is something you have to guarantee as far s recruiting goes. There is just too many guys in front of him: Antwan Goodley, Jay Lee, Clay Fuller. I never really expected him to have a huge freshman year because he was pretty raw in high school. He has had a couple horrible drops this year. However, speaking to guys on the team, he is an absolutely unreal athlete. Sky is the limit for him.

Idk what is even going to happen next year. We have KD Cannon, Davion Hall, AND Ishmael Zamora coming in who could all push for playing time. Briles will get his pickins, that's for sure.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
BearDown85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Antwan Goodley, WR Baylor Reply with quote

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've spent too much time on these over the past few years.

With the talent Briles brings in every year, all these guys are going to have to wait their turn. He has done an absolute amazing job turning that program around.

Another guy that flashed at WR last week was #23 who I wasn't familiar with. I did a little research, and discovered he's a former minor league player who ran a 4.34 at 6'1", 210 in the spring. Unfortunately, he's already 25 so I doubt his pro prospects are that solid. As much as I enjoy watching Seastrunk and Martin, I'm looking forward to seeing Shock Linwood tote the rock next year. Briles knows how to find the athlete.[/quote]

With Texas slipping Briles is starting to get a lot of that talent. Texas is just so talent rich. Your talking about Clay Fuller. Didn't know he played baseball. With his height/speed combo he'll get some looks from NFL teams. Linwood's one to watch over the next couple of years. Built low to the ground, only 5'8 but is a solid 200 pounds with good speed. Glasco is a senior and I doubt Seastrunk comes back. Watch out for qb Chris Johsnon. Very athletic dual threat, who is still raw as a passer, but a few years with Briles and he'll be a scary guy for opposing D's in this offense. Some compare him to a more polished Vince Young.

Mike23MD On The Sig
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its crazy, I met Goodley in person last year around Dia with a friend that plays football for Baylor. As I get introduced, I'm like damn, that guy plays linebacker right? Low and behold, I'm told the guy is a WR and runs a low 4.4 and its just funny seeing everything play out now. Goodley looks like a LBer/RBer playing WR. He's a beast just like the rest of those Baylor athletes their just pumping out.
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Petty to Goodley combo will get a lot of press coming into next season. I expect Lache to graduate and Tevin and Glasco are both graduating so petty and Goodley will be our top offensive players. I love watching corners trying to tackle him because normally they are the ones getting knocked to the ground.
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Petty to Goodley combo will get a lot of press coming into next season. I expect Lache to graduate and Tevin and Glasco are both graduating so petty and Goodley will be our top offensive players. I love watching corners trying to tackle him because normally they are the ones getting knocked to the ground.
Shark513

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangerous59 wrote:

If Goodley continues to progress this year, I think it's very likely he declares after this season.
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shark513 wrote:
Dangerous59 wrote:

If Goodley continues to progress this year, I think it's very likely he declares after this season.

He definitely could. I just see him coming back since this is his first year to start and he would come back next year and prove he is a NFL capable receiver.
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on the Antwan Goodley bandwagon for awhile now, he has me very intrigued. He has some developing to do still, but is built like a tank (weighs 225lbs. Squats 660lbs.), and has very good speed. He looks like Anquan Boldin as far as physicality/strength goes, but is a lot faster than Boldin. I'm really hoping he comes out this year so the Redskins can draft him.

It's crazy to think but since about 2010, Baylor probably has had more talented WR's than any NFL team has. Think about it:

Josh Gordon
Kendall Wright
Terrance Williams
Antwan Goodley
Tevin Reese

I would take this WR group over any team in the NFL's Wide Receiver group.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: