Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame Discussion: Packers defeat Ravens 19-17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

With Packers in need of help, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Green Bay sign WR Tavarres King off Broncos practice squad.

i wouldn't be opposed one bit
flyers0909

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers FTW wrote:

Ewwwwwwww.

~60 yards on the money. Filthy.

^^^ Rammy on the sig
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

With Packers in need of help, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Green Bay sign WR Tavarres King off Broncos practice squad.

i wouldn't be opposed one bit

TT hath heard and he hath said it shalt be done
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:
AdamSchefter: For now, sounds like Packers WR Randall Cobb is expected to miss two weeks.

Please be true! Consider that a huge bullet dodged.

Yes, please be true. If any team deserves good news its us!! Pray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:
AdamSchefter: For now, sounds like Packers WR Randall Cobb is expected to miss two weeks.

Yes, please be true. If any team deserves good news its us!! Pray

RapSheet tweeted he's hearing a month or more. Conflicting reports to say the least. Either way its not the season.
Revel8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:

Just the fact that none of these look to be season enders is huge.

That's true, though the Nick Perry news was not exactly a delight.

Agreed.

IMO with Matthews out, the injury to Perry may end up being just as bad as both Cobb and Jones for several reasons. A foot injury could be season ending.

Not to mention that with a newly established running game we can still excel with Rodgers at the helm. The ball control offense is working against some really good front 7s.

Remove both starting OLBs and that's going to cause the defense problems. Both Matthews and Perry are excellent run defenders. The front 7's pass rush will suffer without either starter in the game.

The pressures lost will also have to be made up somewhere. Capers often alleviates this by sending the ILBs, corners, or safeties into blitz. That's also largely why we saw Hawk get 3 sacks yesterday.

Assuming Perry's injury ends his regular season, Neal may be an OK replacement regarding the pass rush. He's not so quick on his feet against the run. As long as Matthews gets back healthy the defense still should be ok with Neal and Matthews at OLB.

Not to mention the musical chairs that TT will likely have to be playing with the roster. Does someone get traded? How many get cut, if any? Who is picked up? It will be interesting to see what TT and the front office decide to do here.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
Quote:
AdamSchefter: For now, sounds like Packers WR Randall Cobb is expected to miss at least two weeks.

FIFY
CheeseheadinMA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
Packers FTW wrote:

Ewwwwwwww.

~60 yards on the money. Filthy.

Saw somewhere that it was 61 yards, Packers 28 to Ravens 11 it looks like in the .gif? Dunno if that math works out, but Rodgers showing off that arm, doe. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-enforce-macho-persona-on-ravens-b99119113z1-227612551.html

This is a nice reminder to those who doubt McCarthy that we're fortunate to have him coaching our team.
packrules7896

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

such a pyrrhic victory with all the injuries we sustained Crying or Very sad

Jamison. on the sig! thanks man!

What does the fox say?
valpoPackers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you say the Ravens were completely out-coached? McCarthy's call to NOT take the penalty at the 1 on 3rd and goal deserves some praise. Harbaugh completely blew it when he elected to go for it after not being able to run the ball (especially in predictable run situations like 1st down). The Ravens should have just taken the points. Also, announcers are complete idiots for implying the Ravens would be leading had they kicked a field goal toward the end of the game... had the Ravens been within 1 score, they likely punt at the end instead of going for it on a 4th and 21.

The decision for the Ravens to start something with 30-some seconds deep in their own zone was one of the biggest coaching blunders I've ever seen. For all you idiots at NFL stadiums that boo when the coach calls a draw play with 30 seconds left in the half to run out the clock: this is exactly why you don't do that. And what stupid awareness by Flacco... how is he not aware of the situation?

The Packers 3rd and short execution was outstanding. They didn't need to run for it on 3rd and short, but I feel the Ravens expected a run because Lacy.

Okay. Special Teams. Are you kidding me? I'm telling you guys, these guys have no idea what they are doing. It's not just guys filling in for injuries anymore. You can't make that excuse. Kuhn has been on special teams forever. How does he make that decision to pick up the ball? Has there ever been a week where we outplay the other guys on special teams? Just one week. Please.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know where to put this, but:

Quote:
"He's playing some really adverse football," McCarthy said of Rodgers. "This is very healthy for our football team in the long run. I don't like it. I don't like that I have to stand here and talk about the health of our team every week, but let's not forget who that affects most on offense. He's been asked to do things on the run that he's adapted to. He's played through some frustrating moments.

“I like him when he's salty and conflicting and all that. It’s good to see that side of him. They’re all competitive, don’t get me wrong, but he has a tremendous competitive streak in him. That's why sometimes I think we can all get caught up in the numbers and go 'wow.' But I really like the way he's playing right now."

If the injuries prevent the Packers from using their preferred spread offense, at least they have a renewed running game to fall back on. They ranked sixth in the league in rushing yards per game (140.8 ) through Sunday’s games.

However, it might be tougher to run if teams don't have to respect Rodgers and the passing game as much.

From: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/62217/how-injuries-impact-the-packers-offense

That last sentence kind of made me Twisted Evil

AARON RODGERS CHIP ON SHOULDER ACTIVATE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheeseheadinMA wrote:
Didn't know where to put this, but:

Quote:
"He's playing some really adverse football," McCarthy said of Rodgers. "This is very healthy for our football team in the long run. I don't like it. I don't like that I have to stand here and talk about the health of our team every week, but let's not forget who that affects most on offense. He's been asked to do things on the run that he's adapted to. He's played through some frustrating moments.

“I like him when he's salty and conflicting and all that. It’s good to see that side of him. They’re all competitive, don’t get me wrong, but he has a tremendous competitive streak in him. That's why sometimes I think we can all get caught up in the numbers and go 'wow.' But I really like the way he's playing right now."

If the injuries prevent the Packers from using their preferred spread offense, at least they have a renewed running game to fall back on. They ranked sixth in the league in rushing yards per game (140.8 ) through Sunday’s games.

However, it might be tougher to run if teams don't have to respect Rodgers and the passing game as much.

From: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/62217/how-injuries-impact-the-packers-offense

That last sentence kind of made me Twisted Evil

AARON RODGERS CHIP ON SHOULDER ACTIVATE

You will always have to respect Rodgers, just like the teams playing Brady still respect him even with their scrubs. Jordy/Jmic/Boykin are still superior to Dobson/Edleman/Thompkins/Unknown TE
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-enforce-macho-persona-on-ravens-b99119113z1-227612551.html

This is a nice reminder to those who doubt McCarthy that we're fortunate to have him coaching our team.

do people here have an issue with MM as our HC?

i only see some frustration with his play calling, but im almost certain that most of us here like his as our HC (except for that one weirdo who wanted him fired after the Bengals loss)
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

do people here have an issue with MM as our HC?

i only see some frustration with his play calling, but im almost certain that most of us here like his as our HC (except for that one weirdo who wanted him fired after the Bengals loss)

Yeah, we routinely have people who claim he's not doing enough with the talent he has at his disposal and should be replaced.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: