Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randall Cobb Fractures Fibula (out 6-8 weeks)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
marky mark


Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 755
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, Owen Daniels suffered the same injury and they put him on IR with designation to return.
_________________

stockholder wrote:
Lets put The PAds ON!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strat1080


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 1850
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Randall Cobb Fractures Fibula (out 6-8 weeks) Reply with quote

PackerPride wrote:
The medical staff the Green bay Packers uses needs to be evaluated closely. Recent injuries have been misdiagnosed(Jenning's abdomen as a groin), surgeries have had complication(Finley's serious infection post meniscus), careers have been derailed(Harrel's back).

Our team gets injured a lot, men miss lots of time on the field. For every Quarless success story we seem to have a Sherrod failure. Why are multiple WRs walking off directly after knee injuries? How did Nelson still have a knee ailment from his college career coming into this training camp?

I do not think this is in my head, nagging injuries and shortened careers seem very common in the Packers organization. I take great happiness in successful returns like Burnetts but losing players like Collins has been crushing.

I'd love some input from the forum, thanks.


I'm not the biggest fan of the Packers training staff but come on. Randall Cobb took a shot from a helmet directly to the knee. That is not the medical or training staff's fault.

I'm fine with the medical staff because they do their job and keep the best interest of the players in mind. Its the training staff I have issues with. Every year its the same thing. Hamstrings. Can't they just google hamstring treatment and injury prevention and come up with a solution? Sheesh. I'm shocked that the training staff of a professional football team can't get this figured out. There is so much information out there that is freely available online to anybody.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7827
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why we have a $100,000,000 quarterback. When ish like this goes down he can still win tough games. See: Ravens, Baltimore. He won't put up the gaudy stats like Manning, but if we keep racking up W's that is all that counts. It's going to be Aaron's ability to make Jarrett Boykin and whatever other no name WR we trot out there, look like NFL WR's. Boykin is an OK player but most teams wouldn't win much with him as their #2 WR. I just pray that our O-line stays healthy. Make this the Aaron & Eddie show!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3215
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Pretty much Finley's last chance to show he's worth what he's being payed. If he doesn't start to be a top 5 TE during this stretch, it's very unlikely he ever will.


He's been fantastic for us this season and will continue to be. Demands attention from opposing DCs and now clearly is going to get a ton of targets.

I'm giddy just thinking about this. We are about to see 2009 Jermichael because we frankly don't have any other options. That fact that he looks like a willing participant on running downs helps a lot too because we can start throwing to him in traditional formations where Defenses have a LB on him.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
PACKRULE


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 1489
Location: saskatoon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack4life7 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Pretty much Finley's last chance to show he's worth what he's being payed. If he doesn't start to be a top 5 TE during this stretch, it's very unlikely he ever will.


He's been fantastic for us this season and will continue to be. Demands attention from opposing DCs and now clearly is going to get a ton of targets.

I'm giddy just thinking about this. We are about to see 2009 Jermichael because we frankly don't have any other options. That fact that he looks like a willing participant on running downs helps a lot too because we can start throwing to him in traditional formations where Defenses have a LB on him.


This of course. I"m not sure how often people watch. Arod doesn't throw to Finley enough to be honest. Guy is open that or we run him on some dumb patterns often get the guy in the milddle of the field he's open and big.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green 01


Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 1057
Location: Lockport,IL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it's not his hamstring... #injurybust #harrell!!!11! Fire capers?
_________________

ChuckNorris101 on the sig.
Winning isn't a sometime thing.... IT'S AN ALL THE TIME THING!!!
"IT IS TIME" -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews right before he forced the Mendenhall fumble.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WIsportsfan


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 2652
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACKRULE wrote:
Pack4life7 wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:
Pretty much Finley's last chance to show he's worth what he's being payed. If he doesn't start to be a top 5 TE during this stretch, it's very unlikely he ever will.


He's been fantastic for us this season and will continue to be. Demands attention from opposing DCs and now clearly is going to get a ton of targets.

I'm giddy just thinking about this. We are about to see 2009 Jermichael because we frankly don't have any other options. That fact that he looks like a willing participant on running downs helps a lot too because we can start throwing to him in traditional formations where Defenses have a LB on him.


This of course. I"m not sure how often people watch. Arod doesn't throw to Finley enough to be honest. Guy is open that or we run him on some dumb patterns often get the guy in the milddle of the field he's open and big.


The ignorance regarding Finley is amazing. Just laugh at it and carry on with your day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky mark


Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 755
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@TomSilverstein: #Packers WR Randall Cobb has been put on injured reserve / designated to return, according to NFL source. Can return to practice in 6 weeks

_________________

stockholder wrote:
Lets put The PAds ON!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12951
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RRandall Cobb? Can't find the second R here...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7827
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
RRandall Cobb? Can't find the second R here...
Randall Cobb - Clay Matthews. Easy enough. Any repeating letters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12256
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:
RRandall Cobb? Can't find the second R here...
Randall Cobb - Clay Matthews. Easy enough. Any repeating letters.


...Aaron....

Pray
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7827
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:
RRandall Cobb? Can't find the second R here...
Randall Cobb - Clay Matthews. Easy enough. Any repeating letters.


...Aaron....

Pray
Shocked

What have I started?

Somebody did say his knee was sore. That's how Bulaga's started Shocked

ACL/MCL/PCL/LCL combo platter? Microfracture surgery here we come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12256
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:
RRandall Cobb? Can't find the second R here...
Randall Cobb - Clay Matthews. Easy enough. Any repeating letters.


...Aaron....

Pray
Shocked

What have I started?

Somebody did say his knee was sore. That's how Bulaga's started Shocked

ACL/MCL/PCL/LCL combo platter? Microfracture surgery here we come.


Probably going to need replacement surgery. I will sacrifice one of mine. He can have a kidney too as a back up just in case
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12951
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:
RRandall Cobb? Can't find the second R here...
Randall Cobb - Clay Matthews. Easy enough. Any repeating letters.


...Aaron....

Pray
Shocked

What have I started?

Somebody did say his knee was sore. That's how Bulaga's started Shocked

ACL/MCL/PCL/LCL combo platter? Microfracture surgery here we come.
Curse still undefeated. McMillian/Barrington the only survivors at this point, IIRC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12256
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:
RRandall Cobb? Can't find the second R here...
Randall Cobb - Clay Matthews. Easy enough. Any repeating letters.


...Aaron....

Pray
Shocked

What have I started?

Somebody did say his knee was sore. That's how Bulaga's started Shocked

ACL/MCL/PCL/LCL combo platter? Microfracture surgery here we come.
Curse still undefeated. McMillian/Barrington the only survivors at this point, IIRC.


Kinda wish he wasn't.
_________________

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group