Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Good, The Bad, The Offence vs. McDonalds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you blame for the lose?
The high power level of Tony Moeaki
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
The low power level of Kaluka Maiava
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Pryor has won games for this team, he's been entertaining. He makes watching the Raiders actually fun. Matt Flynn is horrible, so yeah Pryor gets a pass after a game like this.

LOL If you had fun watching that game yesterday, I don't even want to know what types of parties you would throw.

PM sig requests.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course yesterday wasn't fun but that doesn't take away from the other great things Pryor has done this season. Flynn had nothing to offer.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good - Defense, ST (save Seabass missed FG), Moore
Bad- Seabass missed FG
Ugly- TP, Oline injuries.

Poor game by Pryor no doubt. How he comes back from this will dictate our season. The worry was the decision making when he got rattled, he needs to learn to settle down. He has improved massively from last season, hopefully he can shrug this off, which I think he can.

Defense was excellent. Looking a really solid unit. Our pass coverage was really impressive. Woodson has been a great addition. Ross has played well and Hayden is getting better each week. Hunter has been a solid addition as well. If Tarver can keep most of these players and pick up 1 or 2 pieces next year then this unit could be dominant.
#clueless
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Bad- Seabass missed FG

Poor game by Pryor no doubt. How he comes back from this will dictate our season. The worry was the decision making when he got rattled, he needs to learn to settle down. He has improved massively from last season, hopefully he can shrug this off, which I think he can.

Defense was excellent. Looking a really solid unit. Our pass coverage was really impressive. Woodson has been a great addition. Ross has played well and Hayden is getting better each week. Hunter has been a solid addition as well. If Tarver can keep most of these players and pick up 1 or 2 pieces next year then this unit could be dominant.

Pretty much what I have been thinking. If we can get the OL and run game(with RB's) going we will be a tough team to play especially on the road.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Flynn has been cut, why the heck are you guys still bringing him up? The Oakland Raiders thought he wasn't worth his paycheck.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Matt Flynn has been cut, why the heck are you guys still bringing him up? The Oakland Raiders thought he wasn't worth his paycheck.

Hahaha, that's literally what I thought when I saw that. No idea how the Flynn thread is still alive for someone who was painted to be the AntriChrist for a while.

#FreeAgent
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Bad- Seabass missed FG

Good points Dessie.

No doubt Pryor had a very poor game, and if peple are going to chastize Flynn for the Washington game (his first start it should be noted) then Pryor can't be immune to criticism. With that said, he's still learning and a level of tolerance has to be given. What we can't afford is 3 or 4 games like this. The odd one is forgiveable while growing, but they must become less hideous and less frequent if Pryor is really the man to take us forward.

Defence and Tarver couldn't have done more realistically to keep us in the game. Great game from those guys across the board and improving as they get more familiar. With a couple additions we could have a new 11 angry men Twisted Evil
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to the good. Porter was balling out in coverage with a couple nice breakups.

McCants actually only gave up 1 pressure in the game filling in at RT. He's actually looked pretty solid out there. Excited to see him develop.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
To add to the good. Porter was balling out in coverage with a couple nice breakups.

McCants actually only gave up 1 pressure in the game filling in at RT. He's actually looked pretty solid out there. Excited to see him develop.

Ironically he's in there for the guy we picked for RT, Watson. Well.....kind of.

#FreeAgent
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Yes good game for Porter. Jenkins needs to pick it up. He has been the weak link the last couple weeks outside of the Rookie who has at least started to make some plays.

Forgot to add King. He really bailed us out a few times. If he can work on his short punts we will be golden for years to come. Interestingly I didnt think Lechler was ever that good at short punts either especially later in his career. Seemed to always kick them out as well. And while King is mostly just a big leg he hasnt seemed to out kick the coverage which used to happen a lot with Lechler but that could be more on coaching and personel than the punter.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Yes good game for Porter. Jenkins needs to pick it up. He has been the weak link the last couple weeks outside of the Rookie who has at least started to make some plays.

Forgot to add King. He really bailed us out a few times. If he can work on his short punts we will be golden for years to come. Interestingly I didnt think Lechler was ever that good at short punts either especially later in his career. Seemed to always kick them out as well. And while King is mostly just a big leg he hasnt seemed to out kick the coverage which used to happen a lot with Lechler but that could be more on coaching and personel than the punter.

Yeah I love King. He's a boss. I think he kicks his punts higher than Lechler. Helps stall while gunners get there. Then again, Taiwan Jones is stupid fast. I could envision returners losing track of it in the air though. Which is what I attribute the muffs to, which is why I think he just punts em high. With that distance on some of those punts and how he almost never outkicks coverage, I have to think he kicks high.

#FreeAgent
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King has been very underrated by us this season. I agree. Guy is stepping up big time.

PM sig requests.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

McCants gave up a sack in the 3rd quarter. It was Hali, but really none of the tackles were very good in the 2nd half.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Unfortunately it's as a few of us expected, lots of flash and potential to make a big play but never any substance. I'm really suprised McKenzie picked up Jenkins as he's always seemed a 'me first' type of player who goes for the big play and not the play that suits the team best and his tackling has always been terrible. With Porter stepping up and Hayden beginning to find his feet, I'd give a shot to Adams at least.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Unfortunately it's as a few of us expected, lots of flash and potential to make a big play but never any substance. I'm really suprised McKenzie picked up Jenkins as he's always seemed a 'me first' type of player who goes for the big play and not the play that suits the team best and his tackling has always been terrible. With Porter stepping up and Hayden beginning to find his feet, I'd give a shot to Adams at least.

Pretty spot on here. I liked the signing though. I was a fan of his in his draft class and he played well early. But he just hasn't panned out. We needed the depth and experience here though. Isn't it nice to be able to say "This guy isn't playing well. We have other players at that position who deserve a shot so let's bench him and see if another guy can do it"? I know I love it.

Difference between us doing that and good teams doing it is that usually their players are better. Baby steps though.

#FreeAgent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: