Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Good, The Bad, The Offence vs. McDonalds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you blame for the lose?
The high power level of Tony Moeaki
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
The low power level of Kaluka Maiava
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Dang the attitude for Pryor has changed here..did he have a bad game? Yeah but he was also playing against one of the best defenses in the league and he had the equivlient to a division 2 o-line.

Much like I didn't make a big deal about his good game last week I'm not going t make a huge deal about this one. Let's see how he does the next few weeks against weak teams.

This defense is awesome! Love the attitude love the fight and they kept us n the game until the end!

The last 2 INTs had nothing to do with the protection. He looked good in the 1st half, but just continued to make poor decisions in the 2nd half.

You'd think after watching Smith take care of the ball, he'd do the same, but you can't do what he did in a close game.

A lot of what happens in the game of football has to do with what happened before. The inability to block Hali and Houston throughout the 2nd half had an impact on the play calling and where Pryor threw those 2 passes that were intercepted. Both throws could/should have been placed in a better position but they were timing throws to get the ball out of Pryor's hands quickly since we clearly didn't have the luxury to run long developing plays in this game. Credit the Chiefs D for totally dominating our entire offense today. They put a beating on Pryor and it paid off.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the talent that Pryor has to work with. The worst O-line is football that can't pass block or run block a RB that goes down when a gust of wind hits him. Honestly for what we have Pryor is doing his best.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Dang the attitude for Pryor has changed here..did he have a bad game? Yeah but he was also playing against one of the best defenses in the league and he had the equivlient to a division 2 o-line.

Much like I didn't make a big deal about his good game last week I'm not going t make a huge deal about this one. Let's see how he does the next few weeks against weak teams.

This defense is awesome! Love the attitude love the fight and they kept us n the game until the end!

The last 2 INTs had nothing to do with the protection. He looked good in the 1st half, but just continued to make poor decisions in the 2nd half.

You'd think after watching Smith take care of the ball, he'd do the same, but you can't do what he did in a close game.

A lot of what happens in the game of football has to do with what happened before. The inability to block Hali and Houston throughout the 2nd half had an impact on the play calling and where Pryor threw those 2 passes that were intercepted. Both throws could/should have been placed in a better position but they were timing throws to get the ball out of Pryor's hands quickly since we clearly didn't have the luxury to run long developing plays in this game. Credit the Chiefs D for totally dominating our entire offense today. They put a beating on Pryor and it paid off.

this

strike 1 = gurode went down
strike 2 = seabass missed the fg
strike 3 = tp's first int

when are jv and wiz and mw coming back. this online is pathetic.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denarius Moore is stringing some nice performances together fellas, I like what I've seen from him.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Look at the talent that Pryor has to work with. The worst O-line is football that can't pass block or run block a RB that goes down when a gust of wind hits him. Honestly for what we have Pryor is doing his best.

Finally had a chance to see the whole game off the DVR. Could not agree more with this. The Oline is pathetic. I see people on here saying TP was horrible and pathetic but after getting pressured every single play, I can't blame him for being antsy in and out of the pocket and making poor decisions. When he's thinking more about the pressure than making correct decisions, the defense has already won. This isnt just the ugly, this is the MUY FEO EXTRAORDINARIO! (sorry in advance if I butchered the Spanish but you guys get the point)

As for the good, I loved our defense. In a weird sort of way, you can see these guys are all on one year deals fighting for the next one, because even without the talent that most of teams have, I can see the heart in these guys. It's just a shame they're on the field so much without much of a breather when the offense goes three and out every other series. Woodson to me, despite losing a step in his game, is the team MVP. Even if he hasnt had the biggest impact in the game, he's a true team leader, something this team has been lacking for years.

I also like the string of good games Denarius has been having, but he's clearly not a #1 in this league. Unfortunately, he's probably the best we got.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone really expect a good performance from Pryor?

A QB with the worst O-line in the league and no running game against arguably the best defense(and best pass rush) in the league this season.

Our offense suffocated and faceplanted just like I expected.

TP needs to improve and we need a better O-line but I give the Chiefs alot of credit. They have a HELL of a defense this year...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:

A QB with the worst O-line in the league and no running game against arguably the best defense(and best pass rush) in the league this season.

TP needs to improve and we need a better O-line but I give the Chiefs alot of credit. They have a HELL of a defense this year...

I never expected a good performance. I didn't expect him to make make dumb decisions that I'd be pissed off for even a high school kid to make.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Taiwan Jones is a great gunner.
Jason Tarver is gonna get HC interviews at the end of the year at this rate.

I hope Tarver stays in Oakland.....he knows what he's doing.

maybe with us
Django

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
riceraider8080 wrote:

I never expected a good performance. I didn't expect him to make make dumb decisions that I'd be pissed off for even a high school kid to make.

This.

There is no shame with losing or struggling to a great defense.

There is a problem when once teams figured you out....and you dont have a counterpunch......you wilt beneath the pressure (both literally and figuratively)

Pryor reminded me of a fighter who wouldnt protect his face. The guy that gets repeatedly punched in the face, but hey he's fighting a great fighter...so its not his fault? Confused

I defended Pryor against the Broncos. Yea it was garbage time stats....but I thought mentally he help up well. In this game.....he mentally went into a tank that was only seen by JaMarcus Russell and Blaine Gabbert. The point that you're so afraid that you'd literally roll into a sack...instead of having the mentally toughness to step up.

Did Pryor stand strong in the pocket attempting to throw strikes? No. Did he at least step up and run (you would think by think point of the game.....he'd at least resort to that) hell no.

Instead he slowly drifted into sacks.

This goes back to what was said during the San Diego game. Pryor admitted that he loses energy sometimes in games. This is very concerning. Two games in a row......Pryor plays a good half....and follows it up with a crappy half.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not sugarcoat this. We lost mostly because of TP. With that said the OL was horrible but there were a few mistakes that ultimatley led down the path. I dont have any issue with the last two interceptions as there were a product of what had happened earlier in the game.

My issues with Pryor in this game started when we had good field position late in the 2nd and he turned what would have been a 3rd and 3 into like 3rd and 18 because he didnt throw the ball away. Ultimatley the Chiefs got good field position and made their way for a TD. The way our D was playing I think that was a huge turning point in the game. I have said all along he needs to throw it away when nothing is there. This one hurt. Obviously the second time was throwing the INT after we finally got momentum back. This could also be chalked up to just throw it away. And as you know this gave KC the chance to get ahead by 7.

Now this is still a learning experience for him but I dont not expect to see those type of mistakes. Granted it is still on his 6th game starting and the OL. And while I am upset at some of the things he didnt do correctly he really was most of our offense at all so it is difficult to be too tough but not going to say he didnt play bad.

Jano needs to get it together seriously these games could have a whole different outcome if he is making some of these. Not only points but field position.

Defense is looking better and better each week. Ross has really stepped up. Glad to see Hayden make another impact play. If we can keep most of this intact and add a couple more pieces next year this defense could be great.

While our OL played bad we have to remember it was pretty much 3rd string all the way down the line except Nix. We have had a chance to see who can fit where now moving forward. I would suspect we have everyone but Veldheer back when we come off the bye week.

ST is playing great. However I have yet to see Ford make impact plays on ST. We really could have used it this game. I see lanes open but he always seems to run into the teeth this season.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of blame to go around with the Oline and injuries. But let's not excuse Pryor from this discussion.

He has to be smarter w/ the football. Alex Smith was getting pressured most the day too, but he knows to throw it away and not take a negative play.

Pryor was running around trying to create and took sacks when he should have thrown the ball away or on 2 occasions, ran out of bounds behind the LOS.

He showed today, he has work to do when things are not going his way. He reverted back to poor decisions, footwork and mechanics.

Luckily the bye week is here so hopefully they can get some healthy Oline back and Pryor can shake this one off.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really blame Pryor or Greg Olson, O-line is worst its ever been. Where are all the Jared Veldheer haters now? yeah I remember people getting on him because he would allow a pressure. Jared Veldheer would dominate Hali when we played the Chiefs. Now Hali is out there having a career game.

Dennis Allen's defense is awesome, in a couple years we'll have a top unit, no doubt. Reggie just needs to bring in so much new talent on offense.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Can't really blame Pryor or Greg Olson, O-line is worst its ever been. Where are all the Jared Veldheer haters now? yeah I remember people getting on him because he would allow a pressure. Jared Veldheer would dominate Hali when we played the Chiefs. Now Hali is out there having a career game.

Dennis Allen's defense is awesome, in a couple years we'll have a top unit, no doubt. Reggie just needs to bring in so much new talent on offense.

I'm sorry, but the double standard here is ridiculous. You absolutely can blame Pryor for holding onto the ball, making terrible decisions that resulted in 17 KC points off turnovers. I mean he ran out of bound on one occasion for an 8 yard loss, that is inexcusable.

I understand the Oline issues, but the QB has to be smart w/ the ball and not take negative plays. The way the defense was playing, punt and let them play.

He's obviously young and this is an education. He can look to Alex Smith as as someone who understands not taking negative plays and throwing the ball away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

He's obviously young and this is an education.

That's no excuse either. It's as basic as you can be:

Throw the ball away and have it be 2nd and 10 or run it out of bounds and have it be 2nd and 18 w/ one less completion on the stat line.

It's an absolute no-brainer and being young, inexperienced, bad line, nothing is an excuse from something that stupid. The amount of mental mistakes in this game were astounding, even for him.

I guess since I peered in this thread, I'll contribute though and say our defense looked incredible given they were on the field often and put in bad situations at times. I was absolutely amazed at how well they played and am very, very eager to see what we can build off of w/ this group.

Great:

Defense

Good:

WRs
Tarver

Bad:

Pryor
McFadden

Ugly:

Pryor
Offensive Line

PM sig requests.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor has won games for this team, he's been entertaining. He makes watching the Raiders actually fun. Matt Flynn is horrible, so yeah Pryor gets a pass after a game like this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: