Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Teams preparing trade offers for Nicks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BlackandBlue


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 1891
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
No. No. No.

You dont trade your best receiver.


You can talk to me about slot vs outside all you want. Cruz produces. Nicks doesnt.Cruz is healthier. Eli trusts him more. Cruz is more important to this team than Nicks.


Nope, no he isnt.

We saw what happened to Cruz last year when Nicks was out. Nicks is still the best WR on this team.

Also getting rid of him for just a third, does nothing. If it was for a first, sure. Second not too sure. But a third, no.


Nothing?

Cruz has been better in every objective measure the past 2 and a half years; what exactly, would Cruz have to do to prove he is the better WR? Or are you just never going to change your stance?
_________________
detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:

So Mark Sanchez was a better player last season than Russel Wilson?

Depends on what you are looking for. Breaking down defenses I would take Sanchez no doubt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 20786
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we've got another 11 days to do it if we were to. Honestly I cant see us working out a deal that would make both sides happy. Falcons may be willing to give up more now that both Julio and Roddy are gone, and considering they may(not likely) trade away Tony G he'll fetch more there than he would anywhere else.

While the Patriots trade makes sense on paper, looking at it from a team standpoint it would be kinda useless considering the contract he brings in. They're 5-1 now and have been working with guys who seem to have more drops than actual catches. Nicks would be a good addition but he'll constantly be covered by two people and his performance will drop.

I'm definitely not opposed to trading him. At best I feel like we could fetch a 3rd for him, at worst a 4th. His performance this year has been lacking from what I expect from him. He's averaging 74 yards and four catches a game, from that standpoint he's doing fine. Its the fact that he has zero touchdowns as of now, also the fact that he's dropped passes in crunch time scenarios has been disappointing. If we do end up trading him I feel like it will be for the best considering he'll take up so much of our cap with Cruz. The money he'll earn can go towards FA's &/or up and coming players.

But as of right now I don't believe a trade will go down, given that the teams named may not be willing to give up a 3rd and I doubt we take less than that for him. And if we don't end up trading him I hope we let him go at the end of the year to free up cap room.
_________________


#WeTheNorth


Last edited by Gmen4ev on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 10148
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
No. No. No.

You dont trade your best receiver.


You can talk to me about slot vs outside all you want. Cruz produces. Nicks doesnt.Cruz is healthier. Eli trusts him more. Cruz is more important to this team than Nicks.


Nope, no he isnt.

We saw what happened to Cruz last year when Nicks was out. Nicks is still the best WR on this team.

Also getting rid of him for just a third, does nothing. If it was for a first, sure. Second not too sure. But a third, no.


Nothing?

Cruz has been better in every objective measure the past 2 and a half years; what exactly, would Cruz have to do to prove he is the better WR? Or are you just never going to change your stance?


No his production took a huge nose dive. The Last year Cruz was better than Nicks. Clearly.Now this year Cruz has a healthy Nicks and seems to be producing again . In 2011, Cruz was better in the regular season but when you have Nicks the other side of you thats going to help boost your production. In the post season? Completely different story.

I can change my stance when i feel that i need to. Cruz dominates on the inside and is a mismatch for a lot of guys in there but he can exude the same dominance on the outside.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3702
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With nicks in the game for those two and a half years, cruz averaged 80 yards a game and a touchdown... roughly. The games he was not in due to injury, cruz averaged 40 yards per game and roughly .3 touchdowns/game.

Why? Bc hakeem is a legitimate threat that needs the double coverage. Cruz is very talented... much like houshmazadeh, but he had ocho cinco always there... nicks is cruzs ocho cinco, without him, cruz will look like housh when he went to seattle to be a number 1.

Sure we have randle but he hasn't been precise on his routes and isn't that scary threat nicks is right now
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rase


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Posts: 6794
Location: Warsaw,Poland
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
With nicks in the game for those two and a half years, cruz averaged 80 yards a game and a touchdown... roughly. The games he was not in due to injury, cruz averaged 40 yards per game and roughly .3 touchdowns/game.

Why? Bc hakeem is a legitimate threat that needs the double coverage. Cruz is very talented... much like houshmazadeh, but he had ocho cinco always there... nicks is cruzs ocho cinco, without him, cruz will look like housh when he went to seattle to be a number 1.

Sure we have randle but he hasn't been precise on his routes and isn't that scary threat nicks is right now


But I would still prefer a 3rd or a 4th over 9-10 (at best) games from Nicks
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3554
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rase wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
With nicks in the game for those two and a half years, cruz averaged 80 yards a game and a touchdown... roughly. The games he was not in due to injury, cruz averaged 40 yards per game and roughly .3 touchdowns/game.

Why? Bc hakeem is a legitimate threat that needs the double coverage. Cruz is very talented... much like houshmazadeh, but he had ocho cinco always there... nicks is cruzs ocho cinco, without him, cruz will look like housh when he went to seattle to be a number 1.

Sure we have randle but he hasn't been precise on his routes and isn't that scary threat nicks is right now


But I would still prefer a 3rd or a 4th over 9-10 (at best) games from Nicks


no. i would much rather take the chance that he doesn't resign with us and we tag him, which, given his injury history, is the worst thing that Nicks can expect. too many variables for another season.

i don't trust Reese to do ANYTHING with a 3rd or 4th round draft pick...
_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackandBlue


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 1891
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
No. No. No.

You dont trade your best receiver.


You can talk to me about slot vs outside all you want. Cruz produces. Nicks doesnt.Cruz is healthier. Eli trusts him more. Cruz is more important to this team than Nicks.


Nope, no he isnt.

We saw what happened to Cruz last year when Nicks was out. Nicks is still the best WR on this team.

Also getting rid of him for just a third, does nothing. If it was for a first, sure. Second not too sure. But a third, no.


Nothing?

Cruz has been better in every objective measure the past 2 and a half years; what exactly, would Cruz have to do to prove he is the better WR? Or are you just never going to change your stance?


No his production took a huge nose dive. The Last year Cruz was better than Nicks. Clearly.Now this year Cruz has a healthy Nicks and seems to be producing again . In 2011, Cruz was better in the regular season but when you have Nicks the other side of you thats going to help boost your production. In the post season? Completely different story.

I can change my stance when i feel that i need to. Cruz dominates on the inside and is a mismatch for a lot of guys in there but he can exude the same dominance on the outside.


We can just use that same logic to ask: when Nicks did anything without Steve Smith or Cruz lined up in the slot?
_________________
detfan782004 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:

So Mark Sanchez was a better player last season than Russel Wilson?

Depends on what you are looking for. Breaking down defenses I would take Sanchez no doubt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 10148
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
No. No. No.

You dont trade your best receiver.


You can talk to me about slot vs outside all you want. Cruz produces. Nicks doesnt.Cruz is healthier. Eli trusts him more. Cruz is more important to this team than Nicks.


Nope, no he isnt.

We saw what happened to Cruz last year when Nicks was out. Nicks is still the best WR on this team.

Also getting rid of him for just a third, does nothing. If it was for a first, sure. Second not too sure. But a third, no.


Nothing?

Cruz has been better in every objective measure the past 2 and a half years; what exactly, would Cruz have to do to prove he is the better WR? Or are you just never going to change your stance?


No his production took a huge nose dive. The Last year Cruz was better than Nicks. Clearly.Now this year Cruz has a healthy Nicks and seems to be producing again . In 2011, Cruz was better in the regular season but when you have Nicks the other side of you thats going to help boost your production. In the post season? Completely different story.

I can change my stance when i feel that i need to. Cruz dominates on the inside and is a mismatch for a lot of guys in there but he can exude the same dominance on the outside.


We can just use that same logic to ask: when Nicks did anything without Steve Smith or Cruz lined up in the slot?


2010.

And he was doing it while Cruz was still releatively unknown.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 9819
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can now add the Colts to the list of teams who would be interested...and frankly they NEED to do something...which could drive the price of Nicks up even if it's just an 8 game rental.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/10/24/several-nfl-executives-believe-giants-hakeem-nicks-is-player-most-likely-to-be-traded/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 11701
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
We can now add the Colts to the list of teams who would be interested...and frankly they NEED to do something...which could drive the price of Nicks up even if it's just an 8 game rental.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/10/24/several-nfl-executives-believe-giants-hakeem-nicks-is-player-most-likely-to-be-traded/


I'll gladly take their 2nd round pick. We all know they don't have a first to trade
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:
But why not maintain that dominance? You guys were there...

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group