Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Teams preparing trade offers for Nicks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
If Nicks goes and Randle takes over the #1 WR spot next year, expect an even worse season from Eli. Randle has no idea what he is doing out there.

Get rid of Gilbride and call some plays that don't have 7 options/checkoffs for everyone to filter through!
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
If Nicks goes and Randle takes over the #1 WR spot next year, expect an even worse season from Eli. Randle has no idea what he is doing out there.

Get rid of Gilbride and call some plays that don't have 7 options/checkoffs for everyone to filter through!

Exactly. I agree that Randle is a couple of braincells away from eating crayons, but we arent exactly making it easy on him. I mean last week our head coach said that he wasnt "showing the correct body language" when going on a deep route. That should give anyone an inkling on how retarded our offensive scheme is I almost started to bleed out of my ears when I heard that.

^Joe_is_the_best
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus the other thing to consider is if the receiver is giving off "visual body language clues" to his route that Eli has to pick up on then what's stopping the defenders from picking up on these same clues? I have to hope that TC is oversimplifying the explanation because if the offense really is predicated on body language then Good Lord fire Killdrive now...

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Plus the other thing to consider is if the receiver is giving off "visual body language clues" to his route that Eli has to pick up on then what's stopping the defenders from picking up on these same clues? I have to hope that TC is oversimplifying the explanation because if the offense really is predicated on body language then Good Lord fire Killdrive now...

Yeah not only can the CB pick up on this, but he can also bait to WR into making a move. Pretend to drop and then break on the ball. Not like we havent seen a play like that being made against us before. What really is mind numbing is that when Gilbride has "dumbed down" the offense for a playoff push when we had lots of injuries Eli has played amazing.

^Joe_is_the_best
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Yeah not only can the CB pick up on this, but he can also bait to WR into making a move. Pretend to drop and then break on the ball. Not like we havent seen a play like that being made against us before. What really is mind numbing is that when Gilbride has "dumbed down" the offense for a playoff push when we had lots of injuries Eli has played amazing.

I would imagine that most teams now a days use this thing called...film. Where they can pick up on a players tendencies. It should really change how teams and players prepare for games because you can see a history of what players do in various situations and can plan accordingly.

So yea. Just trying to make it insanely obvious how stupid it is to use physical cues in routes or...just about ever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only does Eli have to read the body language and the defense but he also has to worry about or be aware of pressure.

Coughlin has to go if Gilbride doesnt by the end of the year because he is wasting Eli's good years. Thats why i have no problem if Coughlin leaves this year because i cant take this anymore. And not only that, youre wasting Rueben Randle's talent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to many lil issues to address while giving Nicks 10 mill next year. I know Randle will be fine and prolly a better 1 than Nicks long term. Cut bait amd trade him now for something or lose him amd get nothing. Id also like an OC WITH a simpler system so Randle can thribe more. Also if we aquire extra picks their are plenty of good big recivers we can draft.

I guess their is one more option if we clear a ton of space which I think we will once Snee gets voided amd Tuck amd Kiwi go we could take the gamble of franchising him and see what offers their are for him. I think this year Reese needs to go for the sure bet with each pick and not upside picks. Solid consistent guys who have performed. Nothing sexy just solid players who can help. Thats why I like Matthews or Verrett from TCU. Just go out there and get it done guys.

A real LB Giant Pride
Thanks Shockey 1979
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not understanding why some of you are upset. He's not going to be there next year, so..... Question

Finally doesn't choke.

Breaks back.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
I'm not understanding why some of you are upset. He's not going to be there next year, so..... Question

I don't think it's as sure as you're making it seems.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:

- There's almost no chance the Giants franchise him
- He's going to want top 5 money although he's not worth it
- He has durability issues
- Rueben Randle is playing well and is capable of being a starter

Finally doesn't choke.

Breaks back.
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:

Hes going to command Desean Jackson or Dwayne Bowe money even though hes better than the two of them.

Why is there no chance the Giants franchise him?

I love Randle and he can be as good as Nicks but thats no sure thing especially in this offensive system. Nicks is what makes this offense tick directly and indirectly. There is a reason why we did not give Cruz the moeny he wanted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:

Hes going to command Desean Jackson or Dwayne Bowe money even though hes better than the two of them.

Why is there no chance the Giants franchise him?

I love Randle and he can be as good as Nicks but thats no sure thing especially in this offensive system. Nicks is what makes this offense tick directly and indirectly. There is a reason why we did not give Cruz the moeny he wanted.

Yeah, because Jerry Reese and the rest of the FO are a bunch of cheap SOBs Laughing

Whether Cruz was under the impression that the money he didn't get is going to Nicks or not, I don't think they care. They're going to put the money where they think it will help the team the most. As far as I understand they leveraged his contract by saying he wasn't a true #1 WR so he wasn't going to be paid like one. That doesn't mean Nicks is the guy they want to pay long term as a #1 WR. It could be him, or someone else, or no one at all. The point is they just didn't think Cruz was worth it (which I'm not sure I fully agree with but it was a good bargaining strategy).

I don't think Nicks will command as much money as everyone thinks. I think most teams will offer him 8-9mil/year because of his health and inconsistency issues. Who knows, there could be a crazy desperate team that goes all in for him but I wouldn't guarantee it. To me, it's 50/50 on whether or not he'll be back.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:

Yeah, because Jerry Reese and the rest of the FO are a bunch of cheap SOBs Laughing

Whether Cruz was under the impression that the money he didn't get is going to Nicks or not, I don't think they care. They're going to put the money where they think it will help the team the most. As far as I understand they leveraged his contract by saying he wasn't a true #1 WR so he wasn't going to be paid like one. That doesn't mean Nicks is the guy they want to pay long term as a #1 WR. It could be him, or someone else, or no one at all. The point is they just didn't think Cruz was worth it (which I'm not sure I fully agree with but it was a good bargaining strategy).

I think the FO also knew, implicitly, the value of promotions and advertising dollars available to him in the metro area and that Cruz is a much higher-profile figure than Nicks in that regard. easily makes up any perceived difference Cruz might have been looking for.
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:

What? Have you seen some of the FA contracts we have handed out? Laughing

Average starters like Canty, Boley, Baas, Rolle (allthough above average) have all been PAID. Jerry Reese seems to be anything but cheap.

^Joe_is_the_best
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

What? Have you seen some of the FA contracts we have handed out? Laughing

Average starters like Canty, Boley, Baas, Rolle (allthough above average) have all been PAID. Jerry Reese seems to be anything but cheap.

That's true. They seem to be allergic to their homegrown talent but willing to blindly throw money into FA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: