Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Teams preparing trade offers for Nicks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be LIVID if we did this, not to mention Cruz probably wouldnt be happy with his contract then. Cruz took less to give Nicks WR1 money, and we just trade him? Cruz cant handle being a number 1 by himself, and randle is another manningham plus he has a payday coming in 2 years anyway. Would you rather pay randle or nicks?

Since Reese has been here Nicks is one of the only players worth being signed after his rookie contract. I'm tired of drafting guys, playing out their rookie contracts, then telling them to hit the road.

Our offense will take a MASSIVE step back and further bury the Giants. We have 2 1000 yard WRs, and with Cruz's friendly contract we can afford Nicks. Same situation in ATL, so it baffles me that they want to trade for Nicks. Julio and Roddy will be healthy next year and if Gonzo decides to stay another year plus nicks Shocked

As I said many times, our priorities this off season should be Nicks, Joseph on a Peko like contact, and Jon Beason (I believe in him).

I don't want a third rounder and 5th for Nicks. The players we draft will probably suck anyway.

3rd round-Jay Alford
5th Round-Kevin Boss

3rd round- mario manningham (liked him but gone after rookie contract and doesnt produce anymore..sounds familiar *see steve smith )
5th- Jonathan Goff

3rd round-Ramses Barden
5th round-Rhett Bomar

3rd round- Chad Jones
5th round- Mitch Pietrus

3rd round-Jerrell Jernigan
5th round-no pick

3rd round- Jayron Hosley
5th round-no pick

Wow that got me aggravated realizing how many draft picks have been duds. But anyway if any of these guys strike you as having more value than Nicks and contributing more let me know. Unless Reese is fired (which i dont want him to be) this trend will probably continue and I don't think its worth the risk.
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Giants don't plan on resigning him, or if he doesn't want to be here beyond 2013, then why not trade him? His career started off promising, but he's injury prone and acts like he doesn't want to be here at times.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
If the Giants don't plan on resigning him, or if he doesn't want to be here beyond 2013, then why not trade him? His career started off promising, but he's injury prone and acts like he doesn't want to be here at times.

...how?

Wouldn't do it unless it was for a first or two seconds. Just like someone else just posted, we didn't give Cruz #1 WR money to be able to afford Nicks the next year. Both WRs feed off of each other and without both our offense takes a huge step back and that's been proven. In a passing league, having a top WR corp and QB are crucial in finding success in the playoffs. Joseph is an excellent tackle, but Nicks is much more important to our team. We have players like Hankins, Patterson, and Rogers who can all be productive and step up into the starting lineup alongside JPP and Clowney Smile

Still a believer in #22
In Reese We Trust
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

...how?

Oh you know, by not being here during the offseason. Laughing

It also shows up on the field at times. From his one handed catch attempts, to laughing it up with defenders when the Giants are being demolished. When he's healthy, and he's putting forth 100% effort, he can be great. Unfortunately he always has some sort of nick (no pun intended), or bruise, and this season he looks like he doesn't care at times. It's almost like he knows his time is almost up in NY and he's looking forward and just trying to stay healthy. That's just my impression.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

...how?

Oh you know, by not being here during the offseason. Laughing

It also shows up on the field at times. From his one handed catch attempts, to laughing it up with defenders when the Giants are being demolished. When he's healthy, and he's putting forth 100% effort, he can be great. Unfortunately he always has some sort of nick (no pun intended), or bruise, and this season he looks like he doesn't care at times. It's almost like he knows his time is almost up in NY and he's looking forward and just trying to stay healthy. That's just my impression.

Hate to say it and I don't want to believe it but this is the same vibe I've got. It's very possible that we're looking too much into it, but it just kinda seems that way. The players and coaches have a much better idea of how they stand with each other so I trust that they will all make the right decisions based on where their heart is. I'm sure if they feel Nicks won't stay they will try to trade him now for solid value or tag and trade later.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Anywho, isn't Randle a FA after next year? So, best case scenario of us trading Nicks is that Randle takes over as the #1 and plays as well as Nicks or better. Only to hit the market and demand another large contract.

Randle is in the 2nd year of a 5 year contract. We've got him through 2016.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:
Anywho, isn't Randle a FA after next year? So, best case scenario of us trading Nicks is that Randle takes over as the #1 and plays as well as Nicks or better. Only to hit the market and demand another large contract.

Randle is in the 2nd year of a 5 year contract. We've got him through 2016.

4 years bro
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randle is a free agent in 2016

He is on a 4 year deal
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will still be devastated if we trade him for picks that probably won't pan out. He should be resigned. Im sick of drafting players that actually produce, then we let them walk. People say hes injury prone. He had 1 injured year, and hes healthy now. he has a whole career ahead of him. Stupid to let him go.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
I will still be devastated if we trade him for picks that probably won't pan out. He should be resigned. Im sick of drafting players that actually produce, then we let them walk. People say hes injury prone. He had 1 injured year, and hes healthy now. he has a whole career ahead of him. Stupid to let him go.

Stupid to keep 2 WR's for $20 mil/year combined when you're drafting in the top 10...or...half way through the season and winless...clearly there are more issues on the team.

Also the man has never played a full season. So...yea. Not sure what player you're thinking of.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it in other posts, love Nicks but time to sell high. We've seen the prelude this offseason when he wouldn't come in for camp. I said it from game 1 either he was hurt or playing not to get hurt. Jogging through his routes and doggy it. Sell high!!! I think we get a 1 and maybe a 5 for Nicks. A team will pay ( hopefully Panthers to get a good pick) but Nicks is a goner IMHO. We would not be resigning him-- too much doh.

Save that loot ...

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
I've said it in other posts, love Nicks but time to sell high. We've seen the prelude this offseason when he wouldn't come in for camp. I said it from game 1 either he was hurt or playing not to get hurt. Jogging through his routes and doggy it. Sell high!!! I think we get a 1 and maybe a 5 for Nicks. A team will pay ( hopefully Panthers to get a good pick) but Nicks is a goner IMHO. We would not be resigning him-- too much doh.

Save that loot ...

No way the Panthers would give a 1st and 5th for Nicks. At most something like a 3rd maybe but I see us waiting until he hits FA then get him for nothing.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
unfsaint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payton (Saints) has had no problem trading picks in the past. If Graham is injured the will need help at receiver. It would be a rental, as they have no money going forward...so I doubt that it would be more than a 3rd.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I expected. Giants unlikely to trade him because the best offer is probably going to be a 3rd which I wouldn't be happy with either. They also aren't 100% sure that he's going to walk at the end of the season so there's no GOOD reason to trade the guy if you're not going to get a lot of picks for him (and could resign him).

http://www.giants101.com/2013/10/15/new-york-giants-not-actively-shopping-hakeem-nicks-unlikely-to-trade-him-by-deadline-report/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Nicks goes and Randle takes over the #1 WR spot next year, expect an even worse season from Eli. Randle has no idea what he is doing out there.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: