Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Teams preparing trade offers for Nicks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Teams preparing trade offers for Nicks Reply with quote

Personally I'm not against this but I've brought this up a couple of times. Having 1/6 of our cap tied up in 2 WR's isn't necessarily the best way to run a team that's in the state ours is in. If we can get a 1st/3rd or something similar for him (which is likely a pipe dream considering his FA status after this season) then we have to pull the trigger.

Teams like the 49ers, Falcons, Ravens, Patriots and Chiefs should be contending for the Super Bowl but probably will fall short because of their WR situations. Carolina and Houston also make some (but less) sense.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/10/13/report-teams-preparing-trade-offers-for-new-york-giants-wr-hakeem-nicks/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think this will happen. Max would prob be a 3rd rounder??
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
Don't think this will happen. Max would prob be a 3rd rounder??

I think San Fran or the Chiefs would be the best fits because I think they have the cap space to sign him after this season. I would think the 49ers would do it for more than a 3rd...they don't have a lot of needs, have the cap space to sign him and REALLY need a WR even with Crabtree back next year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions should trade for him for real this time. Our cap situation looks worse than it is. We can fit his contract in with very little effort.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. No. No.

You dont trade your best receiver.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
No. No. No.

So you use 1/4 of your entire payroll on 3 guys? (Cruz, Nicks, Manning) How does that fix the team.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
No. No. No.

You can talk to me about slot vs outside all you want. Cruz produces. Nicks doesnt.Cruz is healthier. Eli trusts him more. Cruz is more important to this team than Nicks.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Nicks approves any trade. By approve I mean signs an extension which I would assume is a deal breaker for any trade with value. He wants to test the FA market and get as much as possible whether that is with NYG or another. Not unless you think a NFL team will act like a MLB/NBA team and just rent a player for 1/2 a season? He stays a Giant for 2013 and barring a massive offer from someone else, signs in Carolina to go back home. Only thing to change that would be the Franchise Tag I believe Giant management already plan to do.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 15 Gm/ 82 Rec/ 1269Yds/ 10 TD/ 15 YPC/
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
I doubt Nicks approves any trade. By approve I mean signs an extension which I would assume is a deal breaker for any trade with value. He wants to test the FA market and get as much as possible whether that is with NYG or another. Not unless you think a NFL team will act like a MLB/NBA team and just rent a player for 1/2 a season? He stays a Giant for 2013 and barring a massive offer from someone else, signs in Carolina to go back home. Only thing to change that would be the Franchise Tag I believe Giant management already plan to do.

He doesn't need to? If he gets over $10 million per on a contender why wouldn't he.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

He doesn't need to? If he gets over $10 million per on a contender why wouldn't he.

Without knowing everyone's Cap situation, what contender do you think has an extra 10 million a year lying around in addition to the current players needing to be resigned in the near future? Can't be to many.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 15 Gm/ 82 Rec/ 1269Yds/ 10 TD/ 15 YPC/
Byrdman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Nicks but we have other needs that are much greater. If we could get a 2nd or a 3rd and 5th for him go ahead and get something for him now. I could see the pats, Browns, Panthers, Bills, Jets, Rams, Colts, Chargers and Raiders all being interested. They all either Don't have a true number 1 WR or a aging WR that are not what they use to be. I would also be up for a player for player swap if the other player was good.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
No. No. No.

You can talk to me about slot vs outside all you want. Cruz produces. Nicks doesnt.Cruz is healthier. Eli trusts him more. Cruz is more important to this team than Nicks.

Nope, no he isnt.

We saw what happened to Cruz last year when Nicks was out. Nicks is still the best WR on this team.

Also getting rid of him for just a third, does nothing. If it was for a first, sure. Second not too sure. But a third, no.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I'd be against trading Nicks but now I am starting to see that moving on from him is the correct move. Especially with Randle starting to produce. We can't wrap up that much money in two receivers. You have to trust that Randle will cease to make the mental mistakes and get what you can for Nicks now before he hits the open market. I love the guy and I wish him the best. But if you can score a 1st or 2nd for him you do it. Not sure how I would feel about a 3rd or a package though.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooo Sad

I know it might be the best move for the team and it needs to be considered but Nicks has been my favorite player since he's a Giant. I wish hadn't had so many injury issues. Dudes a straight baller. I know he hasn't had a TD yet but for record he's on track to eclipse 1000 yards.

Anywho, isn't Randle a FA after next year? So, best case scenario of us trading Nicks is that Randle takes over as the #1 and plays as well as Nicks or better. Only to hit the market and demand another large contract. So we'll have the same issue of paying two WRs large contracts. I think Nicks injury history and underperformance on a crappy offense will lower his market value and make his contract reasonable. I think the deciding factor of him not coming back will be if he doesn't want to play here anymore, which sees like it's certainly a possibility.

Last edited by w4rrior723 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
No. No. No.

Nope, no he isnt.

We saw what happened to Cruz last year when Nicks was out. Nicks is still the best WR on this team.

Also getting rid of him for just a third, does nothing. If it was for a first, sure. Second not too sure. But a third, no.

I like you Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: