Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants Trading Hakeem Nicks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
757-NINER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Baalke wasting a 2nd or a 3rd round draft pick for a year rental. Just seems very unlikely but stranger things have happened.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
I don't see Baalke wasting a 2nd or a 3rd round draft pick for a year rental. Just seems very unlikely but stranger things have happened.
Yeah I wouldn't do it.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:

Even if we'd be very likely to get a comp pick in return?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
xXFlyteXx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that with how we have guys spread out cap wise we could fit a guy like Nicks in especially since Boldins 6mil cap will be falling off and even if he did not return a 4th round comp. pick is good enough to take the chance I think. Only if they offered a third for a second I would need to know he was/is willing to resign at a decent deal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm normally very risk averse but I'm all for this right now. Our window of opportunity will probably not be any greater than it is right now and even with Mario and Crabs presumably coming back soon, the most notable deficiency we have right now is at WR. It's not like we're mortgaging the future frivolously giving up let's say a third with the deferred compensation as RudyZ mentioned. I ask myself this, would Eddy D do this? Our last SB season, we went all in and got Dion Sanders, Ken Norton Jr. and Rick Jackson (someone else too I think) to put us over the top. Now's the time. And we also got to consider the fact that Percy Harvin will be back soon for Seattle so time to throttle up.
Mmmmmmm Beeeeeeeeer.........

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
I'm normally very risk averse but I'm all for this right now. Our window of opportunity will probably not be any greater than it is right now and even with Mario and Crabs presumably coming back soon, the most notable deficiency we have right now is at WR. It's not like we're mortgaging the future frivolously giving up let's say a third with the deferred compensation as RudyZ mentioned. I ask myself this, would Eddy D do this? Our last SB season, we went all in and got Dion Sanders, Ken Norton Jr. and Rick Jackson (someone else too I think) to put us over the top. Now's the time. And we also got to consider the fact that Percy Harvin will be back soon for Seattle so time to throttle up.

We also brought in Gary Plummer.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
Psychlone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

We also brought in Gary Plummer.
Thank you! I would have remembered that 3 beverages ago Laughing
On a side note, depth at DL might be a prudent alternative right now as well...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
757-NINER wrote:

Even if we'd be very likely to get a comp pick in return?

This is an excellent point. Would we be ensured of getting one for him despite an abbreviated season? With his talent, and the contract he'd get, I could easily see the team losing him getting a fourth at the least, and perhaps a third if he really went out and performed well. So if we were going to get a comp pick the following year, I almost see no reason not to do it. You could basically give up a third for half a season of a pretty good wide out (though I find him to be ridiculously overrated), and probably a fourth the following year. I'm all aboard that.

I read on PFT that the titans were looking for a third for Britt Laughing I thought it was a joke, but apparently not. A guy who's been a locker room problem his entire career, and hasn't really been even an average wide receiver since his ACL injury, and a guy who's going to be a free agent after the year...I thought it was a win if they got a 6th for him since it was much more likely they would have to settle for a seventh. I know that they want to get that third back that they gave us, but jeez, be realistic if you want anything back at all.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know player for player trades are few and far between, but with the Giants being very thing at RB, this could be a good opportunity to unload James and toss in a pick. Him being a healthy scratch today doesn't bode well for his future as a 49er.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
I know player for player trades are few and far between, but with the Giants being very thing at RB, this could be a good opportunity to unload James and toss in a pick. Him being a healthy scratch today doesn't bode well for his future as a 49er.

no kidding, I had the same thought. Kept thinking of whether or not a team like Cleveland or new York would have interest in him packaged with a pick.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames 5h
If I never played another down in my career I've accomplished more in life then majority of my critics ever thought I would ...

Looks like the criticism on twitter is getting to him, but James has very little value, if any at this point. Disappointing as I thought at the very least he would be a force in the return game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
If I never played another down in my career I've accomplished more in life then majority of my critics ever thought I would ...

Looks like the criticism on twitter is getting to him, but James has very little value, if any at this point. Disappointing as I thought at the very least he would be a force in the return game.

I disagree, I think James is very talented, he just hasn't had any opportunities.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

I disagree, I think James is very talented, he just hasn't had any opportunities.

And with that 'entitlement' attitude he has, he may not get much more in the way of opportunities. Especially if he isn't impressing in practice.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

Umm no, I'm sorry he definitely has very little value at this point. No team will give up more than a 7th rounder for him. I do think he could do much more than he has shown, but his value is what he has shown thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

I like this idea. I mean I like James, but I'm probably wrong about him because our staff doesn't see fit to even put him on the active roster. So unloading him for Nicks could be a win-win for both teams - sort of like the Baldwin for Jenkins trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: