Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2014 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 10/17 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: *** 2014 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 10/13 *** Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:
16. Tennessee Titans - Brandon Coleman, WR

The Titans took Justin Hunter last year but he hasn't done anything yet. They are done with Kenny Britt so they don't have much at WR.

This analysis is way off. Justin Hunter single handily won us the San Diego game and the only reason he hasn't played much is because the depth is so good. Hunter was their highest rated WR last year and they love him. With Britt gone, they'll still have Washington, Wright, Hunter, and Williams. WR really is not a need. Roby should be the pick.

Isn't he a free agent?

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: *** 2014 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 10/13 *** Reply with quote

If we assume the Chargers keep all the current defensive staff in place (no guarantee, but this is not an owner who anyone would call "quick to fire" anyone, so hope literally would fall on the shoulders of Tom Telesco and Mike McCoy), yes, an upgrade at CB is needed - but there isn't a ton of logic in drafting zone corners in the 1st round - particularly when your coverage unit is suffering largely because of your front seven's inability to get any semblance of effective pass-rush.

Dwight Freeney is going to be 34 and coming off of surgery. Jarrett Johnson will be hitting the meaty salary portions of his contract and passed the point of guaranteed monies still existing on the contract. Melvin Ingram will be trying to rebound off an ACL injury and truly hasn't proven he can be a dependable weakside rusher enough yet to be automatically gifted the spot (especially when the current regime isn't the one that drafted him). Larry English is hot garbage who, mercifully, will be out of contract in 2014. So unless Tourek Williams turns into a poor man's James Harrison, the Chargers need pass rush a helluvalot more than they need DB's - especially in a class without - at least yet - a standout, true "shutdown" corner.

The stated philosophy of this front office with regard to the draft is best combination of need meeting value. On the board given (and as god awful as our defense has been this year, we're likely to be picking earlier in the order, quite possibly before St. Louis, Carolina, Buffalo, and maybe even the Raiders (given they have a game in hand already on us), that's philosophy points to several guys far more than Verrett (especially when you consider that quality pass-rush tends to make mediocre DB's look a lot better than they are - and most coaches/GM's know this):
- Mack
- Tiny Richardson
- HaHa (yes, a DB, but at least a much better argument could be made for "1st round value" over any CB - who because of his smaller build likely projects more as a #2 or even slot-defending corner and compares far more to Devin McCourty than Peanut Tillman... i.e. mid-to-late 2nd round value)
- Cyril Richardson (yes, I hate taking guards this high, but it is arguably the biggest need on our OL - and the underperforming of our guards in run-blocking is what's caused our run game to stagnate; ideally he'd be a target after trading back with one of the QB-wanton teams angling to move above Philadelphia for fear Chip might fancy a QB or just jump one another)

Also, the odds are far better that Hundley declares than goes back to UCLA. UCLA isn't going to be competing for a National Championship next year (particularly with Stanford returning most starters of import and if Mariota does go back to Oregon, which he well could as Oregon has a significantly better chance of competing for the NC in 2014-15 than the Bruins do), so he really doesn't have a whole lot else left to go back for unless for some reason the draft committee gives him a 2nd round or worse grade - which isn't likely. This mock reads like you decided to say Mariota and Hundley go back purely so that you catch less hell from Bucs fans for not giving them a QB.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Hundley and Mariotta don't come out, that will make it a sad QB draft. So as a VIkings fan, I hope they do. I don't mind Boyd, but I prefer Barr and then taking a 2nd round QB.

Johnnygunnz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm saying Foles is the answer... but lately I've been feeling that drafting any offensive player in the 1st 3 rounds would be irresponsible for the Eagles. They need LBs and Secondary SO bad. The Eagles should be going after Roby in the first round.
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take one of the TE's for KC. our depth at TE is dangerously thin right now might need to add another one

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: *** 2014 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 10/13 *** Reply with quote

LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:
21. Cincinnati Bengals - HaHa Clinton-Dix, CB/S

The Bengals don't have a lot of needs, but they could look for secondary help. The fact that Clinton-Dix has character issues should move him up on their board.

If he checks out in the interviews, great pick. Your explanantion is so 2005 though
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
If Hundley and Mariotta don't come out, that will make it a sad QB draft. So as a VIkings fan, I hope they do. I don't mind Boyd, but I prefer Barr and then taking a 2nd round QB.

Agree with this.
falcons145

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most problems with this draft involve quarterbacks.

1. No way Marcus Mariota doesn't go in RD 1 UNLESS he doesn't declare

2. No way Brett Hundley doesn't go in RD 1, once again unless he doesn't declare

3. No way Manziel goes in RD 1 if he does declare

aside from that this is a decent mock
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, this is just a horrible 1st round for the Browns.

Vince Lombardi
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcons145 wrote:
Most problems with this draft involve quarterbacks.

1. No way Marcus Mariota doesn't go in RD 1 UNLESS he doesn't declare

2. No way Brett Hundley doesn't go in RD 1, once again unless he doesn't declare

3. No way Manziel goes in RD 1 if he does declare

aside from that this is a decent mock

If you look at the very top of my mock draft it says in nice bold letters "Players returning to school: Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley"

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
Karnage_84

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: *** 2014 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 10/13 *** Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:
21. Cincinnati Bengals - HaHa Clinton-Dix, CB/S

The Bengals don't have a lot of needs, but they could look for secondary help. The fact that Clinton-Dix has character issues should move him up on their board.

If he checks out in the interviews, great pick. Your explanantion is so 2005 though

This is the same garbage we get as Lions fans. Apparently everyone seems to think that 0-16 was last year. It was 5 years ago. The Bengals have a good, young team. Hopefully for your sake Dalton continues to develop.
DrewC14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:
I'd take one of the TE's for KC. our depth at TE is dangerously thin right now might need to add another one

I disagree with this completely. We have four solid tight ends. McGrath, Fasano, Moeaki, and Kelce. You have to think that Moeaki is on his last straw due to the injury concerns so I see KC keeping McGrath, Fasano, and Kelce. Kelce has shown some good talent and Fasano and McGrath have let their games speak for them either now or in the past. Think those three could start on most teams in the NFL IF healthy.

As for who I think we'd take, I doubt we go linebacker unless we lose Tamba, but even then we have Catapano waiting in the wings as a pass rusher. I think we go receiver if there's any that are worth of taking in the first round and if not then go oline or trade back for maybe a 2nd round and some other picks.
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #17 Donnie Avery, WR
Rec:34 rec./524 yards/15.4 AVG/2 TD

Last Week: 2 rec. 17 yards 8.5 AVG
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about the player yet, but OL is a good choice.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with Mariota and Hundley back in. I'll leave them in unless and until anything changes with their draft status.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
sayheykid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Mariota as a pro prospect in the slightest. If we were committed to QB in that spot I'd take Hundley over Mariota without the slightest hesitation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: