Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DJ Fka's way too early mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: DJ Fka's way too early mock Reply with quote

My crack at this, I think we finish picking about 7 or 8, damn those 3 wins so far keep us from being higher up

Round 1
Taylor Lewan LT Michigan
Bridgewater, Boyd and Hundley and gone, so are Clowney and Barr and Matthews, so we get Lewan to man the left side for next decade, Levi who?

Round 1 TRADE !!
Johnny Manziel QB TA&M
We send 2015 1st and 3rds to move up to 18 and grab Johnny to be our QB of the future, love or hate him, he has the it factor and his teammates follow him, that says enough for me, also he would thrive in UofP on turf

Round 2
David Yankey OG Stanford
Completes the oline and another mauling guard like Cooper, will be an anchor for years, has that nasty streak and can play both tackle spots

Round 3
Jackson Jeffcoat DE/OLB Texas
6'5 250 so has plenty of size and can play 4-3 pr 3-4 so he has ability to fit in to our system, good value here

Round 4
Stephen Tuitt DE/DT Notre Dame
Falls in this draft, but great value in 4th, we need bodies on dline with Dockett in last year here in 2014, future starter, struggled a little bit this year, great in 2012

Round 5
Ron Powell OLB Florida
Number 1 recruit in 2010, injury problems, flashes talent and worth the risk here

Round 6
Gabe Ikard C Oklahoma
Lyle's replacement arrives, can play guard as well

Round 7
Colt Lyeria TE Oregon
Off field issues galore and left the team in October, has size and hands to be a good one, worth the risk here

Let me have it, be nice Smile
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did we get to 18? plus not a fan of Manziel in the NFL. Everything else looks good

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I love this draft any more, I think not

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: DJ Fka's way too early mock Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Round 1
Taylor Lewan LT Michigan
Bridgewater, Boyd and Hundley and gone, so are Clowney and Barr and Matthews, so we get Lewan to man the left side for next decade, Levi who?

This is a good pick. I don't even think we'll have to pick in the top 10 to get him either.

Quote:
Round 1 TRADE !!
Johnny Manziel QB TA&M
We send 2015 1st and 3rds to move up to 18 and grab Johnny to be our QB of the future, love or hate him, he has the it factor and his teammates follow him, that says enough for me, also he would thrive in UofP on turf

Not sure how this pick is acquired because there's no way we'd get the 18th pick simply by sending 2015 picks their way. We'd have to at least give up our 2nd pick this year on top of that. Aside from that, I just don't like it. I just can't see Arians being able to utilize a QB like Manziel. He's simply not a read option guy and I think Manziel needs that offense to be successful in the NFL. I don't think Manziel is a sure thing. You don't trade that many picks if you're not at least somewhat certain he'll work out and you can't deny Manziel has a lot of risk to him both on and off the field.

Quote:
Round 2
David Yankey OG Stanford
Completes the oline and another mauling guard like Cooper, will be an anchor for years, has that nasty streak and can play both tackle spots

Personally, I don't think we need another guard. Nobody has really mentioned it but Colledge is finally playing up to his contract right now and we have a young prospect in Watford right behind him. Between those 2 and Cooper I think we'll be good.

Quote:
Round 3
Jackson Jeffcoat DE/OLB Texas
6'5 250 so has plenty of size and can play 4-3 pr 3-4 so he has ability to fit in to our system, good value here

I'm not very high on Jeffcoat. I like his bloodlines and overall athleticism but he won't dominate or play any better than guys like Acho, Okafor, or any other guy we have in my opinion. If we go pass rusher, we need to stop waiting so long to take one.

Quote:
Round 4
Stephen Tuitt DE/DT Notre Dame
Falls in this draft, but great value in 4th, we need bodies on dline with Dockett in last year here in 2014, future starter, struggled a little bit this year, great in 2012

Yeah absolutely no way this happens. Tuitt has picked up his game of late after starting poorly and ideal 5 techniques like him don't last long. Plus his poor play can easily be attribute to coming off hernia surgery over the summer and gaining weight because of it. I'd happily take Tuitt in Round 2 if he fell that far though.

Quote:
Round 5
Ron Powell OLB Florida
Number 1 recruit in 2010, injury problems, flashes talent and worth the risk here

I like this pick. Definitely some risk but why not in round 5.

Quote:
Round 6
Gabe Ikard C Oklahoma
Lyle's replacement arrives, can play guard as well

Very good pick. We've been needing someone to push Sendlein for awhile.

Quote:
Round 7
Colt Lyeria TE Oregon
Off field issues galore and left the team in October, has size and hands to be a good one, worth the risk here

I'd argue he's worth the risk several rounds earlier. If Mathieu is any comparison of talent vs off field risk, I'd take Lyerla as early as the 4th round right now.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
How did we get to 18? plus not a fan of Manziel in the NFL. Everything else looks good

Top 10 picks cost a fortune, mid first rounders do not, 1st and 3rd is worth that pick, check trade chart we are not good, so that first is a high first in 2015, throw a 4th in as well if need be
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was scraping for 7th round picks, so Colt was someone I like but couldn't fit in earlier, happy to get him in round 4 or so
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tuitt slides past round 2, injury and slow year makes it so, round 4 early pick is till inside top 100 remember
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh I love Johnny Football and I can see BA falling in love with his confidence and charisma. He makes questionable decisions like offbalanced jump-throw bombs but I think he'll realize that won't fly at the next level. He's very accurate all over the field, goes thru his progressions and throws guys open. He's obviously in control at all times and plays his best when the game is on the line.

Ideally he sits for a year behind CP but that might not be realistic if Palmer keeps tanking on the field. Not sure about trading future picks but I like the players DJ!

Inb4 Khodder buzzkills the Manziel idea. Laughing

The Rebuild Has Begun...
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Tbh I love Johnny Football and I can see BA falling in love with his confidence and charisma. He makes questionable decisions like offbalanced jump-throw bombs but I think he'll realize that won't fly at the next level. He's very accurate all over the field, goes thru his progressions and throws guys open. He's obviously in control at all times and plays his best when the game is on the line.

Ideally he sits for a year behind CP but that might not be realistic if Palmer keeps tanking on the field. Not sure about trading future picks but I like the players DJ!

Inb4 Khodder buzzkills the Manziel idea. Laughing

*Raises hand* I'm with you too Dez, I love Manziel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERSION 2.0

We are picking 20 to 22, just making or missing out on playoffs

All the good tackles and qbs are gone too in first round

Round 1
HaHa Clinton Dix S Alabama
Best player available for us after all offence options gone, could have gone TE with Ebron or Jace, but decided safety was best value

Round 2
Christian Jones LB FSU
Again best option here, can play inside and out and excels on special teams

Round 3
Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech
Injury concerns drop him to round three, first round talent and replaces Cason on roster

Round 4
Zach Fulton G Tennessee
Good runblocker, competes with Watford for third guard spot or starting spot opposite Cooper

Round 5
AJ McCarron QB Alabama
QB prospect to groom behind Palmer and Stanton, very smart, accurate, can throw deep ball, very composed in the pocket

Round 6
Anthony Chickillo DE Miami
Solid player, backup behind CC and DD who can play a few snaps well each week

Round 7
Morgan Moses OT Virginia
Much hyped, but little production, worth a pick this late
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Round 1
Best player available for us after all offence options gone, could have gone TE with Ebron or Jace, but decided safety was best value

I could live with this because I know he's a good player but I'd prefer an offensive player here. If we go defense, our next 2 picks CAN'T neglect our offense. Also I'd prefer a pass rusher here. Barr, Clowney, and Mack will likely be gone but Trent Murphy and Kyle Van Noy would be realistic.

Quote:
Round 2
Christian Jones LB FSU
Again best option here, can play inside and out and excels on special teams

Don't know that much about him so I can't speculate. I do know that using him as a pass rusher is a concern since he's only had 8 sack in his entire career. There's no pass rushing pedigree there which worries me.

Quote:
Round 3
Injury concerns drop him to round three, first round talent and replaces Cason on roster

Love love love this pick. A solid all round corner who can tackle and play smart football and won't give up big plays. That's what you want in a #2 CB.

Quote:
Round 4
Zach Fulton G Tennessee
Good runblocker, competes with Watford for third guard spot or starting spot opposite Cooper

Don't like this pick. Fulton doesn't seem to fit what we're looking for a guard. Consider our last two guard picks, Cooper and Watford. Both guys are extremely athletic but have stout builds. We're not a pure power run team that Fulton fits into. I don't think Fulton would be a big upgrade over Fanaika to be honest. A guy like Xavier Su'a-Filo would be perfect for this team if he declares.

Quote:
Round 5
AJ McCarron QB Alabama
QB prospect to groom behind Palmer and Stanton, very smart, accurate, can throw deep ball, very composed in the pocket

I really like this pick. I think he'll go a round earlier but give him a year or 2 to build up his arm strength and master the offense and you have a Matt Ryan-like QB.

Quote:
Round 6
Solid player, backup behind CC and DD who can play a few snaps well each week

Don't know him but depth at DE is a need.

Quote:
Round 7
Morgan Moses OT Virginia
Much hyped, but little production, worth a pick this late

Could be an ok swing tackle. Don't think he'll be much more though. He's a more powerful player than Potter though so he might be a better backup.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Raiders will have our 7th rd pick if Carson starts 13 games.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the record as saying that AJ McCarron is very tough to evaluate. My base rule is this;

Eliminate the talent around them, eliminate whether they win or lose, eliminate the scheme. Evaluate the talent.

With McCarron for me that becomes very difficult to do because the scheme he plays in limits him somewhat (So run heavy we never really get to see him get into a rhythm as a passer, only really ever throwing 18-25 passes a game) and the talent around him elevates him so much they get so open that you rarely ever have to see him make a tough "stick" throw and you rarely ever see him with pressure in his face.

Personally I just don't see it with McCarron. Marginal arm, bad footwork, especially under pressure. Holds onto the ball for an age and takes bad sacks, has a terrible deep ball consistently underthrown. His accuracy in the short to intermediate range is inconsistent too almost as if he lacks a little bit of anticipation, seems to throw behind his receivers a lot more often than any player getting the kind of protection he does should.

If you want to draft a guy in that 4/5 range as a QB to develop, McCarron is not going to be the guy I want. Though I could see him having some NFL success but not a guy I am going to invest in.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Raiders will have our 7th rd pick if Carson starts 13 games.

That is correct
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Round 1

Round 2
Christian Jones LB FSU

Round 3

Round 4
Zach Fulton G Tennessee

Round 5
AJ McCarron QB Alabama

Round 6

Round 7
Morgan Moses OT Virginia

I'm normally a big need guy so not drafting a tackle in the first two rounds disturbs me. I mean they are both very talented players don't get me wrong, but with our cap situation I don't think it's likely we land one in free agency and I don't want another season of Sowell

But I like the Haha pick value wise he's going to be a great player in this league and I find him to be one of the safest picks in the draft. Still haven't seen a whole lot of Jones but what I've seen I like. Absolutely love the Fuller pick, he's a great player and could see him playing opposite side of Peterson rather quickly. The next pick I just don't see the fit. We have Colledge and Cooper as well as Watford to be their backup. That and I just don't think he's very good. Hate the McCarron pick. Just really echoing what Khodder said poor deep ball, seems to crumble under pressure, bad footwork etc. I like Garropolo right there. Chikillo is a solid pick there I don't read up a whole lot on the late round guys but I've read he could be a solid backup. Moses has potential I like the pick, nothing much else to add.

So overall the value isn't bad, just we really ignore need too much for me to handle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: