Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23148
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
RB will need to be a consideration with Ridley and Vereen approaching free agency.


Not sure if he's declaring but I really love Jerron Seymour from Vanderbilt.


Doubt he comes out this year as a redshirt sophomore.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28819
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

6. Dri Archer, RB/KR, Kent State


No way will Archer play RB in the NFL.


He's more of a KR pick, although I don't think that he can play WR, so if he got any on-field snaps it would be as a scatback or running back.

Archer at KR could be insane though. His vision and cutting ability are top notch.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 5648
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest draft needs through week 12?

OG? Cyril Richardson or Gabe Jackson will go high but for good reason.

Coverage LB? Khalil Mack and Telvin Smith are great in coverage and pure tacklers.

CB? Darqueze Dennard or the kid from Oregon

Interior DL? Rasaed Have men or Timmy Jernigan
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7596
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I don't have a lot of opinions since I haven't watched a lot of CFB. I generally save that for after the NFL season.

Things I have noticed...

*Anthony Johnson seems pretty mediocre. I don't get the hype. Doesn't look like a freak athlete as advertised. I guess maybe he could be good as a run stopper who isn't a liability against the pass, if he makes strides as a technician. But right now he looks like he's neither a run stopper or a pass rusher in the NFL to me.

*Mike Evans looks like a guy who just tools on college players who aren't big or fast. In the A&M games I've watched he doesn't really get separation. I bet he busts hard.

*Safety Craig Loston of LSU is awful. I don't get how he's highly rated for the draft. Looks like Meriweather minus the positives.

*Anthony Barr looks like a humongous project. Basically Jamie Collins if he went to Cal and not Southern Miss. His role on their team isn't really something you see in the NFL. Just hang out standing up and chase plays down from the back.

*Will Sutton from Arizona State looks like garbage. In the draft forum here you read about what an explosive under tackle he is but he doesn't look that athletic in games. And his frame isn't really a DE either so you can't move him to 5-tech or left end.

*Kareem Martin looks like a beast until the ball is snapped. Aaron Lynch looked like a beast until he transferred... apparently he sucks now. I'll want to watch his USF play to see.

*George Uko of USC is what Sutton is advertised as. I wouldn't mind him in the mid rounds.

*Trey Millard from Oklahoma looks like he was born to play in the Pats offense.

*Alabama players always disappoint these days. But I want to see how Adrian Hubbard tests. He had some nice moments vs. LSU where he looks like a real good pass rusher, keeping a tackle off his body and changing directions to get them off balance. Speed and power combo?
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12419
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
*Will Sutton from Arizona State looks like garbage. In the draft forum here you read about what an explosive under tackle he is but he doesn't look that athletic in games. And his frame isn't really a DE either so you can't move him to 5-tech or left end.

He really hurt his game w/ over-bulking. It took away so much of his quickness. I don't think he's a starter in NFL but he imo will be a useful subpackage guy. he still has been a good player at ASU, i wouldn't call him garbage.
Has anyone noticed Bradford at ASU? I didnt really pay much attention to him when i watched(though i do like Kelly and Strong in draft next yr).

I rewatched a good amount of Minnesota vs Penn State. Hageman I've watched a lot but he didn't have a very good game but I really like him. I think we could coach him into and animal. Very strong player though.
Watched Jones from and I think he's a good midrounder. Not good vs doubles but he's quick good at disengaging and getting the tackle.
Also from that game I'd use a late round on Brock Vereen. plays mostly SS but he can play FS and CB. Smart guy and a good STer.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23148
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft needs to include a lot of 280+ lbs bodies.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23148
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Biggest draft needs through week 12?

OG? Cyril Richardson or Gabe Jackson will go high but for good reason.

Coverage LB? Khalil Mack and Telvin Smith are great in coverage and pure tacklers.

CB? Darqueze Dennard or the kid from Oregon

Interior DL? Rasaed Have men or Timmy Jernigan


Khalil Mack is going to be long gone by the time the Pats pick barring a catastrophic offseason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 5648
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

14 weeks in guys and we have a few positions we could really look at early.

OG-Yankey, Richardson,Steen

TE-Jace Amaro, Eric Ebron, ASJ

DT-Jernnigen, Sutton, Hageman

Coverage LB's-Telvin Smith, Yawin Smallwood are the two guys we could see at our point in the first. Mack and Moseley will be gone.

Who and when do you guys think we should look to upgrade?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23148
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
14 weeks in guys and we have a few positions we could really look at early.

OG-Yankey, Richardson,Steen

TE-Jace Amaro, Eric Ebron, ASJ

DT-Jernnigen, Sutton, Hageman

Coverage LB's-Telvin Smith, Yawin Smallwood are the two guys we could see at our point in the first. Mack and Moseley will be gone.

Who and when do you guys think we should look to upgrade?


I want to see a draft entirely around big guys. Big TE, big DT, big interior OL.

No more CB/WR's. If Talib goes, replace him with a veteran and hope for the best.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 5648
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
14 weeks in guys and we have a few positions we could really look at early.

OG-Yankey, Richardson,Steen

TE-Jace Amaro, Eric Ebron, ASJ

DT-Jernnigen, Sutton, Hageman

Coverage LB's-Telvin Smith, Yawin Smallwood are the two guys we could see at our point in the first. Mack and Moseley will be gone.

Who and when do you guys think we should look to upgrade?


I want to see a draft entirely around big guys. Big TE, big DT, big interior OL.

No more CB/WR's. If Talib goes, replace him with a veteran and hope for the best.


Out of the three is there one where you see it definitely being a first round need or will it all depend on who is there when things fall that night? Hageman is my top guy at DT, Yankey my top OG and Amaro is my top TE for us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23148
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
14 weeks in guys and we have a few positions we could really look at early.

OG-Yankey, Richardson,Steen

TE-Jace Amaro, Eric Ebron, ASJ

DT-Jernnigen, Sutton, Hageman

Coverage LB's-Telvin Smith, Yawin Smallwood are the two guys we could see at our point in the first. Mack and Moseley will be gone.

Who and when do you guys think we should look to upgrade?


I want to see a draft entirely around big guys. Big TE, big DT, big interior OL.

No more CB/WR's. If Talib goes, replace him with a veteran and hope for the best.


Out of the three is there one where you see it definitely being a first round need or will it all depend on who is there when things fall that night? Hageman is my top guy at DT, Yankey my top OG and Amaro is my top TE for us.


Hageman is likely going to be long gone by the mid-20's.

Anthony Johnson would be a nice get. His stock is going to depend heavily on his post-season and pre-draft performance. He could go anywhere from teens to late 2nd.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 5648
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
14 weeks in guys and we have a few positions we could really look at early.

OG-Yankey, Richardson,Steen

TE-Jace Amaro, Eric Ebron, ASJ

DT-Jernnigen, Sutton, Hageman

Coverage LB's-Telvin Smith, Yawin Smallwood are the two guys we could see at our point in the first. Mack and Moseley will be gone.

Who and when do you guys think we should look to upgrade?


I want to see a draft entirely around big guys. Big TE, big DT, big interior OL.

No more CB/WR's. If Talib goes, replace him with a veteran and hope for the best.


Out of the three is there one where you see it definitely being a first round need or will it all depend on who is there when things fall that night? Hageman is my top guy at DT, Yankey my top OG and Amaro is my top TE for us.


Hageman is likely going to be long gone by the mid-20's.

Anthony Johnson would be a nice get. His stock is going to depend heavily on his post-season and pre-draft performance. He could go anywhere from teens to late 2nd.


Watched every LSU game televised this year and I just wasn't impressed with Anthony Johnson. Ego Ferguson on that same DL made many more plays behind the LOS and was active. If we can't get Hageman, who I have not seen often taken before 25th, give me Timmy Jernigen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23148
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
14 weeks in guys and we have a few positions we could really look at early.

OG-Yankey, Richardson,Steen

TE-Jace Amaro, Eric Ebron, ASJ

DT-Jernnigen, Sutton, Hageman

Coverage LB's-Telvin Smith, Yawin Smallwood are the two guys we could see at our point in the first. Mack and Moseley will be gone.

Who and when do you guys think we should look to upgrade?


I want to see a draft entirely around big guys. Big TE, big DT, big interior OL.

No more CB/WR's. If Talib goes, replace him with a veteran and hope for the best.


Out of the three is there one where you see it definitely being a first round need or will it all depend on who is there when things fall that night? Hageman is my top guy at DT, Yankey my top OG and Amaro is my top TE for us.


Hageman is likely going to be long gone by the mid-20's.

Anthony Johnson would be a nice get. His stock is going to depend heavily on his post-season and pre-draft performance. He could go anywhere from teens to late 2nd.


Watched every LSU game televised this year and I just wasn't impressed with Anthony Johnson. Ego Ferguson on that same DL made many more plays behind the LOS and was active. If we can't get Hageman, who I have not seen often taken before 25th, give me Timmy Jernigen.


Agreed Johnson has been quiet (and might stay in school) but he's got a better pro skill set IMO than Ferguson.

I like Jernigan but I'm not sure if he has the versatility to play in New England. I don't know that he has the size to hold up as a 2 gap NT and I don't like him as a 5-technique.

He's best suited IMO as a 1-gap 3-technique somewhere. He reminds me a lot of Tommy Kelly actually. I don't want the Pats to draft a guy who locks them schematically into a 4-3.

I think I'd prefer a guy who can handle 5-technique or NT. If Kelly is healthy next year and if (big if) Chris Jones can develop a bit more, they're OK at the 3-technique/UT spot (plus Armstead maybe?). They have no depth at NT at all and they need a big run stopper. Jernigan's run defense is fairly weak for a 1st round prospect. I don't think he fixes the problems the Pats have up front.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m haynes


Joined: 29 Jan 2011
Posts: 756
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This what I like to see for next year.

1st Eric Ebron*, TE, North Carolina ----- Skills in the passing game.

2nd Cyril Richardson, OT/G, Baylor----- Phyicical can move and has power

3rd Dion Bailey*, S/OLB, USC----- In the box, BB uses his skills

4th Beau Allen, DT, Wisconsin ----- Best NT in draft.

6th Alfred Blue*, RB, LSU ----- Love LSU runners ( when they don't fumble)

7th Mister Cobble, NT, Kentucky----- Big man that can move his feet.

My favorite pick in the 4th round, Allen. Thought on a center in the 3rd, Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 5648
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Cyril gone in the first round in every mock I see so zi see no plausible way he sits there for our second rounder. Anthony steen from Bama may still be available at Guard by our second rounder.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 5 of 86

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group