Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been inconsistent this season, which has caused his draft stock to drop a bit. Still think he'll go well before we pick, too much talent, but then again the last nose tackle we drafted in the first went below where he was expected to...

Deadpulse on the sig
tbperk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
tbperk wrote:
I've been watching ND play, and they have a NT named Nix that flashes but is inconsistent, looks a little like Vince too.

Also, any chance we get involved in the pursuit of Hakeem Nicks? Would he be a "fit" here?

Isn't Nix the ND D-Linemen that's a consensus Top 10 Pick? Confused

Hakeem Nicks wants upwards of $10m a year. No chance.

Just looked that up Tom, haven't done any research on the 2014 draft prospects, I did look up Vince's 2004 draft profile, and it you might as well cut and past it on Nix.
Catches: 9
Receiving Yards: 52
TD's: 1
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, Sammy Watkins has the nicest hamstrings Ive followed live, even better than Julios and Torrey Smiths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKjHnkBZoM0

He is going to terrorize guys at the next level.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbperk wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
tbperk wrote:
I've been watching ND play, and they have a NT named Nix that flashes but is inconsistent, looks a little like Vince too.

Also, any chance we get involved in the pursuit of Hakeem Nicks? Would he be a "fit" here?

Isn't Nix the ND D-Linemen that's a consensus Top 10 Pick? Confused

Hakeem Nicks wants upwards of $10m a year. No chance.

Just looked that up Tom, haven't done any research on the 2014 draft prospects, I did look up Vince's 2004 draft profile, and it you might as well cut and past it on Nix.

I haven't seen a college game this year. I just tend to read the Draft forum and listen to Podcasts etc. and the last time I heard of Nix they were pimping him as a potential Top 5 pick, and a consensus Top 10 pick.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Times Tom Brady has actively ignored throwing to Number 80:
m haynes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Surprised at the number of people assuming Talib will be back. If he goes, CB has to be a 1st round priority or at least a consideration.

He's franchised I think.

m_haynes: no way we draft a woodhead type because we have Shane Vereen who is infinitely better
any back that takes Blounts place. a backup third down back. Vereens great but if injured we need a replacement. great if he could return kicks.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Surprised at the number of people assuming Talib will be back. If he goes, CB has to be a 1st round priority or at least a consideration.

He's franchised I think.

m_haynes: no way we draft a woodhead type because we have Shane Vereen who is infinitely better

Yeah if he keeps this up, franchising Talib and going interior line and defensive tackle early is a no-brainer.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

He's franchised I think.

Yeah if he keeps this up, franchising Talib and going interior line and defensive tackle early is a no-brainer.

Not sure about the interior OL unless a great value presents itself. They'll add bodies but I think a high pick there probably won't come until 2015.

DT and TE are the two places I think they will look to hit in free agency and/or the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jordan Matthews is a stud. I'm a Vandy student and he has absolutely shredded top SEC defenses without anyone taking attention away from him now that Chris Boyd is off the team.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

He's franchised I think.

any back that takes Blounts place. a backup third down back. Vereens great but if injured we need a replacement. great if he could return kicks.

Brandon Bolden is a great backup for both Ridley and Vereen. He has qualities from both of them that he can be plugged into either role.

BigTimePatsFan9 wrote:
I think Jordan Matthews is a stud. I'm a Vandy student and he has absolutely shredded top SEC defenses without anyone taking attention away from him now that Chris Boyd is off the team.

Matthews and Brandon Coleman are my favorite non Watkins/Evans/Lee receivers this year

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
m haynes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
m haynes wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

He's franchised I think.

Brandon Bolden is a great backup for both Ridley and Vereen. He has qualities from both of them that he can be plugged into either role.

BigTimePatsFan9 wrote:

Matthews and Brandon Coleman are my favorite non Watkins/Evans/Lee receivers this year
Sorry I disagree. Bolden does not impress me in the passing game. You also mention only three backs, we would need to add others. Woodard type would fill out the roster and compliment the guys you mentioned. Demps would look nice (minus track) as part of the running core.
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the idea of franchising Talib, but I have the feeling he'll start pulling that "Either-pay-me-or-let-me-walk" attitude.

Not that he's been a problem here, far from it, but that tag makes players angry.
SatireSphere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we find a way to lock Talib up, he's been our best defensive player since Wilfork went down. It would kill me if he went to one of our rivals.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SatireSphere wrote:
I hope we find a way to lock Talib up, he's been our best defensive player since Wilfork went down. It would kill me if he went to one of our rivals.

I'd argue McCourty and Jones are more important players on the defense than Talib. All 3 have been playing great football though.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I'd be interested in bringing Talib back is the difficulty of finding a replacement. I don't think he will come close to earning the value of a big contract and he's a big risk in more ways than any guy they've ever extended at a big price.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SatireSphere wrote:

Most definitely. With our draft and development having such poor showings at the corner back and safety position it would be to me at least a huge mistake to let Talib go. He helped in solidifying McCourty as a FS. I would absolutely hate to see him go to say the least. Open up talks very generously stat and get it done. He is that veteran stud at CB we needed and can't afford to let go. He changed our defense for the better.

AAP-Chandler Jones-12 tkls, 2 sax, 1 FF & 1 TD
Wk 2 AFC POTW

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 3 of 86

Jump to: