Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Reply with quote

It's tiime.

Anywoo, the only receiver I'd bother drafting is Watkins. He will be an elite NFL weapon with big time, Desean Jackson/Torrey Smith like back breaking deep speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKjHnkBZoM0

Dont feel Lee or Coleman. Watkins has simply tremendous speed.

Other than that...I go defense and offensive line.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't drafting a WR. I bet we double dip on the DT position like Carolina did this season. Then I think we go OLine.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Times Tom Brady has actively ignored throwing to Number 80:
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
We aren't drafting a WR. I bet we double dip on the DT position like Carolina did this season. Then I think we go OLine.

Goldfishwars has a mock up now where we get LSU DT Anthony Johnson in rd 1 and Tennessee DT Mcullers in rd 2. I watch every Bama and LSU game so I see what a player AJ is and would like to see him on our DL. Have not seen McCullers yet but heard lots of first day hype and think he could be a great addition of depth if nothing more. I would be happy with a double dip like that TomRalph.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we double dip again in the way we have, the position we should target is at defensive tackle and that investment is overdue. Drafting another rookie wide receiver is a waste of time considering the amount of investment we'll have spent on the guys we have by then. Watkins will be long gone before we pick, unless you see us finishing the year a top 10 pick.

What's happened to your boy Coleman NBT? Weren't you raving about him not long ago?

Last edited by goldfishwars on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ Gaines CB from Mizzou. Reminds me of McCourty as a rookie. Similar size 5-11 200lbs. Lock down on top players and they will put him on an island in man cov. And he's excellent in run support. And if needed he can return punts. He did is a bit as a Junior and sophomore. But he was splitting time there w/ moe and they stopped using him because he's best player on the team and they have some good athletic returners.

Washington I like as a WR. Tall fights for the ball. He's solid late rounder.

I'd like to take a TE early. I havent watched a lot of them but right now Ebron or ASJ(Or Lylera(whatever his deal is)) would be worth looking at.

I dont think we need to draft a WR this yr. I'd rather get a TE sign a vet like Sanders and use best of Dobson, Moe, Harrison, Boyce and Thompkins as the #3. But in 2015 Strong from ASU and DGB if they declare would be worth looking at.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
What's happened to your boy Coleman NBT? Weren't you raving about him not long ago?

Dont like his ball skills.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
PoWww

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring in a veteran WR like Emmanuel Sanders, and keep developing the rookies. They're going to get better, it takes time.

I agree with drafting a DT. It's a big need. I'd like us to go interior o-line as well.

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.

Adopt a Patriot- Stevan Ridley
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st round-DT
2nd round-Flex TE/C/G
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the infatuation with Sanders, just because we made a slight attempt to sign him. He isn't anything better than a good #3 WR in the NFL. Wouldn't have been worth the draft pick we gave up.

We have to go DT/interior line early. I really want a safety but the team's horrendous drafting at the position lately already has us stockpiled with Safety bodies. I'd love for us to get a TE in the mold of Tyler Eifert. That guy is special with his hands and skillset. Anybody compare to him in this coming draft?
Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:
INTs:
Pick 6s:
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
I don't get the infatuation with Sanders, just because we made a slight attempt to sign him. He isn't anything better than a good #3 WR in the NFL. Wouldn't have been worth the draft pick we gave up.

A good #3 WR is easily worth a late 3rd round pick. That said, Sanders would be better than anyone the Pats have right now and I'd be happy to have him next year if Thompkins and Dobson continue to underwhelm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

A good #3 WR is easily worth a late 3rd round pick. That said, Sanders would be better than anyone the Pats have right now and I'd be happy to have him next year if Thompkins and Dobson continue to underwhelm.

I don't think it is. A late 3rd round pick isn't subjected to only the receiver position. You have the potential for a much better player at another position. As for Sanders himself, I wouldn't be against signing him, but using a pick (the one we would have) to get him wouldn't be worth it.
Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:
INTs:
Pick 6s:
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

I don't think it is. A late 3rd round pick isn't subjected to only the receiver position. You have the potential for a much better player at another position. As for Sanders himself, I wouldn't be against signing him, but using a pick (the one we would have) to get him wouldn't be worth it.

Well they won't need to use a pick in 2014 to sign him.

And the vast majority of 3rd round picks never amount to much beyond backups. A good #3 WR in New England is probably worth a mid-late 2nd round pick in terms of value.

Of the 100 3rd round picks over the past 3 years, how many guys have been better than Sanders or more valuable than a quality #3 WR? Maybe 10-15? Maybe another 10 will end up being better by the end of the year. And many of those guys are early 3rd rounders.

Draft picks in the 80-115 range have such a low turnout rate in terms of finding a starter that it's a no brainer to move those picks for veteran players. The only case against doing so is the salary difference between a veteran and a 3rd round pick.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ra'Shede Hagemen, little in the Tommy Kelly mode of DT

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Brandin Cooks from Oregon State. Might be better than Wheaton was last year. Reminds me a little of David Patten.

And Brandon Coleman has some Vincent Jackson to his game. His ability to get YAC is pretty amazing. I think he ends up being a first round pick possibility for us when it's all said and done.

As for DTs, Louis Nix has been a MAJOR disappointment this year but I wouldn't be opposed to picking him if he slips far enough. It's actually a super deep class. I'm not sold on McCullers though.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
beavsandpatsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooks would excel here

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 1 of 86

Jump to: