Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills vs Bengals Week 6 GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Biggest take away from this game for me is how much EJ's lack of deep ball so far is holding our offense back.

I have been preaching this since week 1..

We need more downfield plays and we need to extend drives..

That falls mostly on the shoulders of QB play and offensive playcalling..

The main reason we lost though was the defense was not stout early in the game..

I know it is early to think draft, but we need to look at getting more talent and more depth on defense.. Offense's biggest concern is developing EJ and better playcalling..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Relax guys.. We have been playing nobody's at QB and had major injuries to our best WR and CB and yet we still take a playoff team to OT..

We didn't win, but this was a well fought game with heart..
I agree. I expected nothing from this game and we played far better than I thought we would. Really proud of the players, it was a tough loss for sure but I cannot complain about the result at all.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Biggest take away from this game for me is how much EJ's lack of deep ball so far is holding our offense back.

The main reason we lost though was the defense was not stout early in the game..

I know it is early to think draft, but we need to look at getting more talent and more depth on defense.. Offense's biggest concern is developing EJ and better playcalling..
I think guard is definitely a huge concern and needs to be addressed. Another receiver would be great but I think Woods can definitely be a number two, that being said TJ Graham needs to be off the field as much as possible. I'd love a good second TE as well.

Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Relax guys.. We have been playing nobody's at QB and had major injuries to our best WR and CB and yet we still take a playoff team to OT..

I agree. I expected nothing from this game and we played far better than I thought we would. Really proud of the players, it was a tough loss for sure but I cannot complain about the result at all.

Its a young team.. If we can use this year to develop players like EJ and Woods.. and players like Dareus, Gilmore, Kiko can really break out, then this season at least has a form of success..

Ideally, I would love to be able to draft Clowney, but I don't think we will lose enough for that, but I think if we can grab a stud or two on defense in next years draft we will be moving in the right direction..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

I think guard is definitely a huge concern and needs to be addressed. Another receiver would be great but I think Woods can definitely be a number two, that being said TJ Graham needs to be off the field as much as possible. I'd love a good second TE as well.

It's a good thing Goodwin is healthy then isn't it. TJ is a waste of a roster spot at this point. Because he hasn't taken the steps we thought he would nad because Hackett isn't calling plays that help him.

I'm not happy with the result. At all. I'm sick of settling for "Moral Victories". "Oh wow we hung with this team that's obviously much better, things are looking up!" how many times have we said that? How many years have we settled for this crap because it shows some arbitrary 'signs' that we're getting better?

I'm not happy we hung around. If anything I'd have preferred we got blown out to losing by a FG. Because we could have won this game. We could have taken this opportunity to keep pace with the division. To keep the team in it while our starting QB is out. Instead we just choke away another close game. I'm done settling for moral victories and being satisfied because the team "playing their hearts out".

If they played their hearts out they should have freaking won then.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

Its a young team.. If we can use this year to develop players like EJ and Woods.. and players like Dareus, Gilmore, Kiko can really break out, then this season at least has a form of success..

Ideally, I would love to be able to draft Clowney, but I don't think we will lose enough for that, but I think if we can grab a stud or two on defense in next years draft we will be moving in the right direction..

I think the reason why Pettine's defenses in NY were so good is because of the secondary he worked with. We need top notch secondary play in order to succeed, DB's that can do well 1-1 when we blitz.

I think we have the DL and maybe need one more LB to be sitting pretty, but the Jets had Revis + Cro + Kerry Rhodes (some years) and Laron Landry (some years).

Problem is I am not sold on Bradley Roby, especially after Abrederris just abused him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Too conservative on offense and our punt coverage continues to be awful..

We deserve to lose it..
Blatant illegal block on our gunner though. I can't believe they don't call the obvious stuff sometimes.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the game, the Ralph was absolutely electric (as usual) today.

I picked a bad day to wear my new Kiko jersey -he did not play well (or at least up to our standards of him).

Thad played quite well, not amazing but well enough for us to win and that's all you can ask for. Woods was atrocious today, not sure the hate for Tj Graham, he is still raw at the position and had his best day (best of any of our WR's today).

Defence let us down today I think, they just didn't tackle well or play well all together. Tough loss.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:

It's a good thing Goodwin is healthy then isn't it. TJ is a waste of a roster spot at this point. Because he hasn't taken the steps we thought he would nad because Hackett isn't calling plays that help him.

I'm not happy with the result. At all. I'm sick of settling for "Moral Victories". "Oh wow we hung with this team that's obviously much better, things are looking up!" how many times have we said that? How many years have we settled for this crap because it shows some arbitrary 'signs' that we're getting better?

I'm not happy we hung around. If anything I'd have preferred we got blown out to losing by a FG. Because we could have won this game. We could have taken this opportunity to keep pace with the division. To keep the team in it while our starting QB is out. Instead we just choke away another close game. I'm done settling for moral victories and being satisfied because the team "playing their hearts out".

If they played their hearts out they should have freaking won then.
You've got a lot of hope for a QB who just came from the practice squad and was facing one of the best defenses in the league.

leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our offensive play calling is horrendous! It's about as predictable as Wannstache's defense last year. Brick wall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Too conservative on offense and our punt coverage continues to be awful..

We deserve to lose it..
Blatant illegal block on our gunner though. I can't believe they don't call the obvious stuff sometimes.

when the bengals DB (adam jones?) grabbed marquis goodwin by the back of the shirt and made him fall backwards while the pass was in the air was hilarious to me. that was probably the most blatant, hard to miss pass interference situation if there ever was one and the refs didnt call anything. the refs definitely left a lot to be desired this game.

sig by sucka steve
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta like the fight of this team tho.. With the exception of the Jets game we have hung around in every game and are only gonna get better.

These injuries are getting ridiculous Mad
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested to see the All 22 film tomorrow. Watching from the stadium, it looked like Gilmore was struggling out there. I would almost wish they'd sit him until that hand gets fully healthy. Will know for sure tomorrow but my initial reaction was not good.

TommyC376^^^
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
I'm interested to see the All 22 film tomorrow. Watching from the stadium, it looked like Gilmore was struggling out there I would almost wish they'd sit him until that hand gets fully healthy. Will know for sure tomorrow but my initial reaction was not good.

I actually thought the same thing.. Should be a bit better next week though
xian3000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:

I picked a bad day to wear my new Kiko jersey -he did not play well (or at least up to our standards of him).

I mean he totaled 22 tackles between solo and assisted and he leads the NFL in that category. Just because he didn't have a pick does not mean he didn't play well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: