Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College 2 Pros (Mock Draft)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekfelty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: College 2 Pros (Mock Draft) Reply with quote

1. Derek Carr, Fresno State, Balanced QB
2. Craig Loston, LSU, Hard Hitter SAFETIE
4.Daniel McCullers, Tennessee, Bananced DT
5. Andre Hal, Vanderbilt, Coverage CB
6. Josh Mauro, Standford, Balanced LE
7. Preston Brown, Louisville, Coverage ILB
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this who you think we will draft? If so....

1. As of right now, there is no way we go QB in the first with the way Locker has progressed before the injury.

2. I don't think he will be available when we pick in the 2nd.

4. I really don't know why you think McCullers will slide all the way to the 4th when he is being projected in the 1st and he hasn't even been to the combine much less his pro day yet.

The rest I really don't know to much about.
PSN: J-SLeeZY87
derekfelty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemme see your mock draft?
Post it on here.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Locker has a career ending injury or Munch is fired at the end of the year I see no way we daft a QB in the 1st.
Kendall Wright - 25 catches 223 yards, 3TD
Damian Stafford - 3 tackles
TiTaN NaTioN!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because I have an opinion of your mock draft does not mean that I have to have a mock draft of my own to share. However, I will say that, depending on where we pick and how the offseason goes, I believe we go....

1st - DL/TE
2nd - CB/S
4th - OL/LB

Subject to change depending on the severity of the need by the end of the season.
PSN: J-SLeeZY87
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get defensive Derek. If you didn't want feedback, why post it? Personally I think it's pretty bad. There's no need for a QB in the 1st at all. No reason at all. Hopefully we bring back Pollard so no reason for a safety. I love McCullers. He's a mountain of a man and needs work but I think he'd thrive in this defense.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of going RB in the 2nd. RB's are getting overlooked nowadays too so somebody who might regularly go in the 1st might easily slip to the 2nd. RB's have a short life-span. We've had CJ for a while and he's had a hell of a run. I just want an elite RB again because we don't have that now and haven't in the last couple years. Not elite. Greene doesn't cut it for me. Get us a new elite runner.

DE in the first would be sweet. Possibly go MLB at some point, I haven't heard McCarthy's name all year and he always seems to be injured so IDK about him. Another CB could def help, not giving up on sensabough but you can never really have enough depth there. Then getting a very good athletic pass-catching TE would be great as well. I do like Walker and he's been decent so far, but we could get someone who's much better of a receiver.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
I like the idea of going RB in the 2nd. RB's are getting overlooked nowadays too so somebody who might regularly go in the 1st might easily slip to the 2nd. RB's have a short life-span. We've had CJ for a while and he's had a hell of a run. I just want an elite RB again because we don't have that now and haven't in the last couple years. Not elite. Greene doesn't cut it for me. Get us a new elite runner.

DE in the first would be sweet. Possibly go MLB at some point, I haven't heard McCarthy's name all year and he always seems to be injured so IDK about him. Another CB could def help, not giving up on sensabough but you can never really have enough depth there. Then getting a very good athletic pass-catching TE would be great as well. I do like Walker and he's been decent so far, but we could get someone who's much better of a receiver.

Sadly, we don't have a 2nd round draft pick.

Outside of Adrian Peterson how many of the first round RBs in the league do you consider elite compared to all of the Ryan Matthews, Knowshon Morenos, Darren McFaddens, etc. who were drafted in the first round and are meh.

If you're not Adrian Peterson you're not worth a first round pick. You can find guys that will do just as good in the later rounds of the draft.

Definitely agree with you on DE, TE and CB if Verner leaves, but I'll disagree on MLB. I think Fokou has been very impressive this year considering what his expectations were coming in. He has definitely shown he is a starter in my eyes. The only other thing I would add is an OT somewhere in the middle rounds to put some youth on the offensive line.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

Outside of Adrian Peterson how many of the first round RBs in the league do you consider elite compared to all of the Ryan Matthews, Knowshon Morenos, Darren McFaddens, etc. who were drafted in the first round and are meh.

If you're not Adrian Peterson you're not worth a first round pick. You can find guys that will do just as good in the later rounds of the draft.

Definitely agree with you on DE, TE and CB if Verner leaves, but I'll disagree on MLB. I think Fokou has been very impressive this year considering what his expectations were coming in. He has definitely shown he is a starter in my eyes. The only other thing I would add is an OT somewhere in the middle rounds to put some youth on the offensive line.

Actually they do. They don't have a 3rd.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

Actually they do. They don't have a 3rd.

Ahh yes. Thanks for the correction.
edro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Center taken? How many Centers are draftworthy?
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took a center in the 4th round last year who was projected to go in the 2nd-3rd rounds. I think most of us are hoping he will be the future starter.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edro wrote:
No Center taken? How many Centers are draftworthy?

We have a center waiting to start in Schwenke. No need to draft one. Munch just needs to let him start.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me amongst those still believing QB is a concern.

I know how optimistic people are about Jake's progress, but we have seen a VERY modest sample size of him this year. And the game that has everyone so excited about him came against the worst defense we've played to date. Alot of people in the fan base act like those 1st 4 games cemented Locker as the future. Don't get me wrong, he played well, he didn't turn the ball over, but he's been shaky at times as well. We'll see how he looks when he returns from injury, but people have put WAY too much stock in that San Diego game and 1st half of the Jets game. Thats only 6 Qtrs. I need to see more.

The other reason QB is still a big need to me is the fact that Locker can't stay healthy. Even if he has proven to be capable of being the QB long term, he has not shown that he can stay healthy what's so ever. Maybe not a 1st round pick, but I think taking a QB high would be a sound investment as a insurance policy for Locker (think Cousins in D.C.) and as viable competition for Locker.

**RIP Steve McNair**
Justin615$

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should still draft a QB somewhere in this draft. Anything to get Fitzpatrick off this team forever.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Michael Griffin : 58 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 2 INTS, 2 PDEF
2. Mike Martin : 10 TKLS, 0 SACKS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: